Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Laser Light He-Man/Skeletor Speculation and Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    WOW!
    I can't believe all of this negativity!
    The light up feature is what made those two figures special and cool..
    Besides, the laser light were two of the rarest figures of the line, and i would feel great to have them in motuc form, as it would be like filling a void my vintage collection has always suffered for...I was expecting this was the case of many other fans here.
    What the heck, we agreed to pay $30 for yellow monkey nobody knew about, why are we complaining for the extra cost to include this cool action feature on a re-edition of vintage figures?
    I really hope mattel doesn't turn its back on these figures because of this cold fan reaction
    I never owned one of these figures and I don`t see a need to have this figures come with the light effects.

It`s even hard to justify LL Skeletor and the first NA Skeletor as 2 different variants.

a Muppet of a man...
    I know they're not that popular, but I am stupidly excited about the idea of getting these figures. That being said, I don't want to spend any extra money for them. $28.70 is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I agree with most of the posters.

I would NOT pay extra money for this feature.

The stated reason MOTUC figures were put at such a high price point ($20 is ridiculous for toys with that much part re-use) was that they were made in such tiny quanities. Well, since that was written, they have at the very LEAST doubled that production.

Since they're not dealing with retailers, Mattel should be able to sell these at a profit at considerably less than what they do, already. Claiming we need to pay extra is pushing it
    Agreed. The line should be paying for itself even after factoring in the additional tooling after a certain point. Tooling for new parts will always be a cost to factor in but any good business model has this taken into account long before production takes place. Sure, raw materials will likely rise with inflation, but Sandman is right...The initial price point was set to offset a lot of these costs to Mattel.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    If they are $25.00 a piece, I'll bite the bullet and buy them.

Anything higher than that is too much, imo.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'd do it, sure.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Ha ha ha; no. If Mattel has to rediscover how to do something they did over 20 years ago with figures that don't even have electronics, I won't trust them with electricity. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised King Grayskull hasn't burned the house down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    -Electronic features would mean that international costumers are screwed out of product. (I'm located within the US for Hasbro, Toy Biz, NECA, SOTA, Sony, Square-Enix, and Konami but for Mattel I am an international customer. That would mean no LP He-Man or LL Skeletor for me...)
    Quoted For Truth.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

I would reluctantly because I really do feel we're getting raked over the coals at 20 bucks a pop for these figs already.
    bnl4life

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Personally, no. Light up and sound features are more a kid appeal function. Us collectors might be impressed a bit to press the buttons but I generally leave batteries out of toys. Though I'm also someone who finds "light pipe" eyes to be a rather goofy gimmick that hinders aesthetics and have painted over Transformers eyes, so I may not be the biggest fan of such extraneous features.

Wow! I thought everyone would love to have Laser Light He-Man with his action feature. He seemed to be as popular as Tytus. Too bad he's next years con exclusive. Have to make good use of that statue ya know.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Sorry, I don't want light up features on those figures. I'd be happy with just plain old figures with standard sculpts and articulation. THey are going to look cool without them anyway and you know they will sell out in a hot second.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'd have to if I were locked in a subscription, but otherwise I wouldn't by choice.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I'd do $25 for one or two but they'd need to look like something other than repaints as it's kind of gimmicky....

First off, I would love to see Lase Light He-Man and Skeletor in the line. The price hike is a crock though.
    It's hard enough now to pay $20 for a figure with crappy paint apps, and loose joints. Imagine paying $30 based on (Grayskulls price) for a figure with crappy paint apps and loose joints. Then again the consolation would be that I have an awesome light up sword... that'll probably flake, and malfuntion. Fix the QC problems and I'll buy Matty.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    nope uh uh! I'm not paying any more for additional light up parts on any figures.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I would pay extra for light up features for these two figures specifically: Laser Power He-man and Laser Light Skeletor. If they added light up features to something else that never had them in the first place I would be unlikely to purchase whatever that was at an extra cost.

Just my two cents: I don't want my MOTUC LP He-man and LL Skeletor to be soiled and mucked up by NA influence. Those are two different interpretations and two different lines so I don't think we will ever see these figures combined with an NA interpretation of He-man and Skeletor. I can hardly stand NA as it is, but I'm remaining open to what Mattel and the 4H are doing now to give those figures some balls. I think they did well with Optikk and I sincerely look forward to what they'll do with characters like Flipshot, Slushhead etc. But I do not want to see any joined hybrids of figures at least until they have produced every figure made between 82-88.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Would I pay extra for light up features? If the cost is not too astronomical. If it was $1-$5 then perhaps. I love light-up features especially when paired with sound effects. I love my vintage Shockwave, Galvatron, Trypticon, AT-AT and TIE Interceptor. I like my Puppetmaster Blade and Torch as well as my new 19" light-up Galactus. It's a cool feature that I would be interested in purchasing.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Nope. I'm already not interested in these variants as it is, but I definitely don't want to be charged more for them (especially if they might fall under the subscription). I don't see Mattel getting to these variants for quite a while though.

No thanks. On toys this small, light up gimmicks impede on articulation, and make them look bad. Plus, I just don't want to pay for something I'm hardly going to use.

I'm not sure. truth be told, I prefer articulation over action features. That's why I love this line so much!
    Now, if the gimmick were the weapons glowing in the dark, I could handle that. or, the weapons themselves using tiny watch batteries and the light up feature contained entirely in the weapon, I'd support that and be willing to pay a little more, but not at the sacrifice of articulation.

I don't want to pay extra, but I do want both figures, complete with light up features.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

No, I don't want them and I certainly wouldn't want to pay extra for them. We're already going to be getting the 'He-Men through the ages' (which I don't want and is nonsense)... If I had my way, I'd stop after Thunder-Punch He-Man and call it a day. However, I know that we're going to get Vikor and Disguised He-Man already. It's a sure bet that, at some point, we'll get Oo-Larr. I really don't want any of them other than maybe Vikor and updated versions of the classic variants. All in all, variants might make it easier on Mattel's budget BUT they are just a cop out to me.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; October 1, 2010 at 04:35pm.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

I would probably pay $45 for a laser light Heman/Skeletor SDCC 2-pack that you could light em up in the box.

If they were $21 to $23 individually, I would still buy them and be ok. Anymore than that, and i wouldn't be too happy.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

I'd pay an extra $5.00 for the light up features.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would want too many variants. a light up sword would entice me to buy. that is if the cost is $20.

how many of you would like the lasers sooner than later?

I'm sort of fearing the results of this thread as i reaaaaaaaaaaally want these figures sooner than later

Assuming that these would include electronics and would cost 30US , how many of you are out there wanting these?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I could totally see them releasing Lazer Light Skeletor with all the light-up action as a con exclusive and use the same mold to release NA Skeletor without the light-up stuff and a different head sculpt and the Matty Collector.com version.

Let me start the list:

Arkangel
    AnnnaMot
    eternal_rain
    Lulu
    Soulgem
    Hordaiquiri
    StraightEdgeHe-Man
    CarKrash
    Star of the Morning
    gofigure
    tumalu
    lorde trooper
    Skystalker
    krosfyah
    RocketPunch
    Baena
    dark knight
    Stefan81
    FAKER II
    Ntumbuluku
    Lord Anubis
    Prahvus
    He-Boy (picked from the non apreciation thread )
    Snake Hunter
    Mistico
    Night Stalker
    Lordak

Yes! but No special features for these guys and gals:

KnightDamien
    Dark Sorceress
    Analog Jote
    DO4M
    MegaGearMax
    bskcase
    evenflow
    Colder Soldier
    Berserker79
    bamf1980
    Scotward
    DarthFaker
    H.A.L.9000
    Canada-Man
    Uki
    MasterCollector

43 Thumbs up so far!
    Last edited by Arkangel; September 16, 2011 at 08:29am.