Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Official Laser Light He-Man/Skeletor Speculation and Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior

Laser figs

I wish if they were made that the back packs had sound bytes :

-John Erwin

-Dolph Lundgren (besides HMs usual catch phrase how bout the line "Victory" and "Good Journey")

-various laser sounds : sword firing up , laser blast etc (original ones , not just ripped off from SW)

Also sword should be working w/o lifting the arm......perhaps a staff that lights up better than the old one.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I feel like of course I'd want them. They're vintage. but then again I have no connection or knowledge of them from childhood.

As an adult fan I have noticed how these 2 basically set up NA, and I like that, especially how it has been done in MOTUC. Like literally.

However I am very ok to get all the vintage variants of He-Man & Skeletor (though I gotta admit a very very low interest in Terror Claws Skeletor, though I loved him as a kid, and Flying Fists He-Man, which I did not so much) I would much rather get other new characters.

With the line in flux and downturn, I'd be more than happy to skip these. Definately skip TC Skelly & FF HE. Because of the new Minicomic now I have some connection to them, so again, I am completely fine with getting them, but I am not going to be sad if they got skipped.

Frankly I could see them reusing alot of NA Skelly to make a LL Skelly and for me the NA Skelly is totally the one techno Skelly I need. Would people be happy with a LL variant if it was very few new bits and alot of NA Skelly reuse?

Anyway I guess this a support thread, so sure, I support them. But I would put it that I support a ton of more characters over them? Songster over all!

Heroic Warrior
    Well , I never grew up with many other figs such as Procrustus.......doesn't mean they shouldn't be made though.

I find the laser figs tremendously fascinating.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Laser-Light Skeletor & Laser Power He-Man Discussion

Squashing rumors, Catra's Wrath confirmed that Laser-Light Skeletor and Laser Power He-Man are indeed coming to Classics in 2015.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2F2411047478

My best bet is that the $60 holiday item will be a 2-pack of these characters, packaged with the two "Fall of Eternia" mini comics, which would be a great way to finish off the series!

Last edited by AdultCollector; August 31, 2014 at 01:47pm.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Im so stoked for these guys. People can hate all they want but I love the remaining variants!

I want this pair for sure.....hoping they are the other $50 set.

I know I am going to, completely, stick my neck out here, but I really have never liked the vintage laser figures!
    I know they are very rare, and as such, a very high prized collector's item, but the figures themselves, look really cheap, and badly sculpted to me, almost like some bad knock off.
    Especially Skeletor looks all wrong to me, badly proportioned and badly sculpted face.
    The action features were cool, for an Eighties toy, but, all the same, these final variants are not a fitting swansong to the vintage toyline, in my opinion.

Having said all that, I still am very excited to see these two variants in Classic form..!

Catra's Wraith didn't confirm anything. TG stated long ago that they are coming. TG also stated a while ago that Catra's Wraith is just a moderator only.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Look at the Laser Light Skeletor... It's pretty much the MOTUC Intergalactic Skeletor. I had one when I was little, these variants where very easy (and cheap) to find here in Italy and I alsways thought that it was horrible. Oddly, now I kinda like it.

About Laser Power He-Man, that version is a variant. The official one is this (minus the minicomic, wich is just a spanish sort of catalogue):

The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

As long as they LIGHT UP I will be happy. If they don't because of international shipping concerns... that will be terrible. Laser light Skeletor with no laser is just basically NA skeletor. I guess laser power Heman could have a different head at least?

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I hope they're the holiday item so I can leave them. The only He-Man variants I would like now are Ice Armour and Snake Armour, while Skeletor... Terror Claws, though I wish we could have God Skeletor. Wouldn't even mind that Ram Skull helmeted one at the end of the mini comic.

If they're in the sub, I hope someone wants to but them
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

They're not going to light up, there's no way, due to restrictions in what they can send overseas. And other MOTUC figures have had their action features sacrificed; I don't see why these should be.
    I'm stoked for these guys as well; I hope that the He-Man has a second 'Dolph' head. More wishful thinking, I know, but I'd be pretty happy if the He-Man came with a movie-style harness and power sword.

There is plenty different about the Skeletor and NA Skeletor.. I believe enough to justify this variant in addition to NA Skeletor. Plus, you can't really have the LL He-Man without LP Skeletor.. they go together like Titus and Megator. Can't have one without the other. And think of posing them in battle poses. Awesome display options right there.

but I hope they're the holiday item so I can leave them.
    Holiday item is in the sub, I believe!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

I apologize in advance if this is a rather dumb question, but what does the 'M' on his belt signify? Man as in He-Man given the 'H' on his chest harness?

Very much looking forward to them! Love the whole laser idea. One thing I'm hoping is that they don't make the backpacks as HUGE as they are on the vintage figures. Unless, of course, they find a way to make 'em light up again. Even then....I wouldn't mind if they skipped the light-up feature. Unless they can fit it in without sacrificing the look.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I never wanted either of them, but I will, cheerfully, get both characters in Classics form!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    I never had the Laser Light figures but I welcome them into my MOTUC collection.

I have no attachment to them because I never owned them as a kid, I have no doubt that their updates will be awesome. But if we didn't get them, I wouldn't be heartbroken either.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I apologize in advance if this is a rather dumb question, but what does the 'M' on his belt signify? Man as in He-Man given the 'H' on his chest harness?
    That's a Good Question... :^) In some countries, He-Man is called "Musclor", perhaps that has something to do with it..? But then, THOSE countries would ask: "What does the Big 'H' on Musclor's chest stand for?" Laser Power can't win! LoL

I'm sure You are aware that He-Man's New Adventures belt buckle (even in Classics!) has a stylized initial that is both an "H" and an "M", so Your theory that the "M" stands for "Man" has some credence, too, that particular conceit evidently originating here with Laser Power He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

And YES..! Seeing as both of The Laser figures featured prominenly in the most recent Masters Classics Mini-Comic, I would be shocked if they were NOT to be re-created at some point in the current Toy Line. They would make a GREAT Two-Pack, whether at SDCC 2015, or a Quarterly, or even year-end Holiday release. Just DO it, Mattel! [^D
    Last edited by Snake_Man; August 31, 2014 at 04:47pm. Reason: typo ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    About Laser Power He-Man, that version is a variant. The official one is this (minus the minicomic, wich is just a spanish sort of catalogue):

http://www.toplessrobot.com/laser_po..._luminosa1.jpg
    When you look at the head on that He-Man, it almost makes the 12" Giant He-Man head look...OK.

I feel like these likely will be the $60 Holiday item, but that leaves the question of will they have the play feature? I originally wouldn't have expected them to and would have simple expected then to represent the play feature with special paint and plastic, but now with these expected to be the $60 item instead of $52 I don't know. Without the play feature the sculpts should be pretty basic and require little tooling, so it seems like the only thing that could justify that increased price is the fact that they actually light up.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Two of my most anticipated figures in 2015, hopefully they light up.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

They can't ship electronics internationally, correct? Or, at least they weren't when the first King Grayskull was released. So, if they are an in-sub item, unlikely they will light up.

They will either be non-light up and in the sub, or an out-of-sub item (I'm thinking SDCC exclusive) that can have electronics but will not be available to international people (which, of course, will create a **** storm).
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Wow, oddly glad to see my two laser light figures at the top of this thread these figures are my top favourites and they're loooooooooooooooooooooong overdue. I hope to see working lights with these, will pay whatever it costs to get them!

I got the Skeletor one form a toy fair for £1 about ten years ago. Not figures I really care about so if they aren't in the sub I'd be happy enough. Bit of a bummer if they include the mini comics though as I'd want those.

[QUOTE=Rodster6;3507103]I got the Skeletor one form a toy fair for £1 about ten years ago [\quote]

Wow! Deal of the century. I bet those who sold it to you would be pretty annoyed to know how much it's actually worth.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar