Downloaded to my phone! Sadly, today is a time-sensitive day at work, and I don't want it to distract me. I'm torn!
Episode 019 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
We hope you're hungry.
Val Staples, "Pixel Dan" Eardley, Emiliano Santalucia and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.
First we talk briefly about Battle Armor Skeletor and Buzz-Off!
Then, we dive into fan e-mail!
After that, we discuss a few more MOTUC bios. This time, Evil-Lyn and Tytus.
A few "highlights" of the show:
- Attack of the desk!
Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!
And as always, you'll enjoy some extra seasoning with this episode's Fanart of the week, Collectible of the week and Fansite of the week!
So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!
Direct link for Episode 019
Link to subscribe with iTunes
Direct link to RSS feed
Another great episode have been waiting for it all week! Only thing that sux is now I have another week to wait for the next one.
As for the bios I really don't have much to say they are ok to me. I think Titus Bio is really cool and you guys are so right these different stories would make for an awesome series of comics. I'd love to see a new comic more in the Classics style! Don't get me wrong the MVCreations Comics were great and I own all of them, but I'd love to see Emiliano draw the classics.
Since Eamon was wondering...
In the UK comics, Evil-Lyn's origin was actually that she was one of Queen Marlena's friends who had magical powers and became jealous of Marlena and joined with Skeletor to have her revenge on her. So maybe that's what you're remembering.
As for Gygor and Evil-Lyn, I believe she freed him in order to get the magical cloned bananas that gave Gygor his powers, ate them, and turned yellow herself!
awesome awesome awesome podcast as always guys! ...
as much as i love the interview segments you guys do, the best part of every show is listening to you guys giving your opinions on the world of motu ... (well, until you guys get an interview with frank langella or dolph lundgren ... ...) ...
pixel dan - i agree with you in terms of prince adam/he-man ... prince adam is the he-man, and that's the way i will always see it ... despite all the twists and turns in the new motuc canon, what stuck with me from childhood will never be changed or altered ...
also, i opted not to buy a motuc tytus when he was released - but when i heard that bio read back over the 'cast - it made me realise i have so got to get one - is a tytus re-release possible? ...
Last edited by tmc1984; September 30, 2010 at 03:03pm.
''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)
USE YOUR ILLUSION
Yep. Thanks to Busta Toons for that scan.
I do own that issue, but I have no scanner myself.
Did one of you do a German accent and say he was from Holland?!?
Be carefull, that isn't always appreciated..
Also Val, you run around in your kitchen at night naked carrying a gun? You are weird, lol.
As for Adams personality; I always thought his personality or person did change as he semi worked as a vessel for the power or the elders and Grayskull. Didn't he have memories of Grayskull in nightmares about Hordak?
• As far as Adam being He-Man, He-Man was his own character in the beginning and not a secret identity. Now He-Man has been reduced to a guise, a costume. Might as well make him a legacy character that has been passed through the ages. The "damage" has already been done.
• I hated scrying in cartoons PERIOD. I remark about it in my MegagearMax does Filmation thread.
• Evil-Lyn's name is terrible, if it's supposed to be Eternian. I'm suspecting that maybe Evil-Lyn, her unmentioned mother or her father might be from Earth. Guess we'll find out more when the Faceless One's Bio is revealed.
Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 30, 2010 at 04:42pm.
The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs
Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)
So, Evil-Lyn holds a grudge against Skeletor because of the transformation , so she goes on to free Hordak - the one person responsible for that transformation?
Great discussion guys! I thought the debate about the various He-Men was pretty interesting. I agree with PD, that Adam will always be He-Man, but I don't necessarily think the past He-Men detract from that.
I look at it this way...they were impostors. That is, they were He-Man in name only whose job it was to keep the legend alive until the real deal showed up.
In other words, they're like mall Santas. Not the real thing, but they keep the kids convinced.
SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
Available for commissions
I added the kitchen because I am always naked in my kitchen...
I a pretty sure THE SHAPE OF CASTLE GRAYSKULL was meant with the bio sentence "to build King Grayskull a mighty fortress, incorporating the symbol of the Cosmic Warriors into the entrance as a tribute to his fallen comrade".
Do you guys think they meant the little tombstone? Because that is clearly not what the bio says IMHO.
Last edited by Eterniandreams; September 30, 2010 at 04:58pm.
Yeah, I know. He totally messed up the Dutch on purpose because no-one could really hate canadians and dutch folk. Well, we can be pretty annoying
It is just funny how often in movies or whatever actors that play dutch put on a German accent. Mike myers included
Relax, I didn`t hear anything german related and I´m from Germany
* Adam vs. He-Man: I've always felt that Adam matures into what he could potentially be. Essentially what he will be one day. Yes, he started to mature in the 200X cartoon and had to hold back publicly so he could get away with the duel identity. Imbued with the power, he stands for so many things as the paladin to the powers of Grayskull.
* Evelyn Morgan Powers: Well, Morgana was also known as Morgan LeFay, but as was stated, without a direct link to Earth, what's the reasoning behind this? If the Faceless One were on Marlena's ship, and somehow went back in time, wouldn't that be a little convoluted? I'm definately glad to see the nod to the classic stories, but with an Eternian origin, it seems a little disjointed. Personally, I've never been drawn to one origin or the other. If she's the daughter of a sorcerer, that explains her powers; if she and Marlena were together during the crash and rescued by the royal brothers, that explains her jealousy.
* I'm really excited for Battle Armor Skeletor, as that was the Skeletor I had as a kid. While I'm glad that they are doing the nod to the original figure with the overall indigo feet, it does look kind of odd. I might switch them out with extra feet just to see how they look, or likely he'll go on the shelf with the other Skeletors, making up the army from Infinita.
* I've always thought Adam would win the final battle, and marry someone; whether it be Teela or Bow. He becomes King, looking like He-Man as he's now fully grown and having grown into the role. Being that the power was linked to the bloodline, any of the descendants could tap into the power, should the need ever arise. I love Eamon's placement of the movie being in the future, and that He-Man is already a king.
I love an all inclusive canon!
Fan Art of the Week: MOTUC custom Dragstor by masterenglish
Fan Site of the Week: www.heman.altervista.org (English translation via Google)
Collectible of the Week: Merchandising > Radios, Cassette Players and Phonographs > AM/FM Radio System (Found it doing a search, but it isn't showing up on the subsection's page for some reason.)
Check the Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations thread shortly for more!
From the Wikipedia entry for Morgan (given name):And before anyone says anything, I know; it's Wikipedia. Keep in mind, someone from Mattel may read Wikipedia, too.One source gives the meaning of the feminine name as "great queen" and relates the name to the Morrígan, a goddess of war.
Regarding the purple feet on Battle Armor Skeletor, I was the one that initiated that. There was already a thread on it months and months before he was announced, and the vast majority wanted purple feet. Once he was shown at SDCC with the bare feet I resurrected the thread and people were in support of the purple feet still.
I am extremely happy they made his feet purple because it just looks better since he is in battle armor, so it just looked weird to be barefoot in that regard. But most importantly, this is THE figure I had as a kid, so I am ecstatic about that! I am looking forward to him as much as everyone else was looking forward to BA He-Man.
I would rather his battle damage be silver instead of black and his boots match the color of his armor (and his face wash is terrible), but these are minor things.
My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.
From Wiki about Goldmember
Though Johann is described as being Dutch, there were a number of inaccuracies in Myers' portrayal.
Myers' imitation of the Dutch accent was not accurate; in almost all cases it is in fact closer to a German accent rather than a Dutch one.
He also pronounces "weird" as "veird", the replacement of the "w" by "v" being a classical example to create a German accent. Dutch speakers would pronounce "weird" as "ʋirt", thus heavily voicing the "d" turning it into a hard "t".
Anyway, back to my REAL questions about the podcast. can't believe this got sidetracked over one sentence
1. As for Adams personality; I always thought his personality or person did change as he semi worked as a vessel for the power or the elders and Grayskull. Didn't he have memories of Grayskull in nightmares about Hordak?
2. I a pretty sure THE SHAPE OF CASTLE GRAYSKULL was meant with the bio sentence "to build King Grayskull a mighty fortress, incorporating the symbol of the Cosmic Warriors into the entrance as a tribute to his fallen comrade".
Do you guys think they meant the little tombstone? Because that is clearly not what the bio says IMHO.
Great show guys, very entertaining as usual. Keep up the good work.
Adam is THE destined He-Man. The other "He-Men" before him were only guardians of the Sword of He who kept both halves seperated. Adam was the first and only to combine the halves and use the sword to tap into the power it harmonized with, physcially transforming into He-Man with all the powers and cha-bang.
The other He-Men, Wun-Dar, Vikor, Oo-lar etc... were brave warriors but had no powers (i.e. great stength) that Adam gains by taping into his destined power. They fought to protect the sword of He, Adam actually wields it, hence seperating himself and taking his rigthful place in the legend!
Hope that helps!