Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So now that I have Whiplash, the 200x does not seem to be out of proportion

Heroic Warrior

So now that I have Whiplash, the 200x does not seem to be out of proportion

The 200x does not seem to be out of proportion at all on his body. I know some people were complaining about that, but I just don't see it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I agree with you. The ears make him seem a bit big-headed in certain poses, but overall I don't see the "fat head" thing either.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I'm not playing, but I literally threw the head and the 200x sword/blade in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by MeguiarsEM View Post
    I'm not playing, but I literally threw the head and the 200x sword/blade in the trash.
    You know you could have sold those on ebay or in the marketplace here, right?

Anyway - to answer the OP - no, I do not think it looks out of proportion. It actually looks quite good. As does the vintage head. I can't decide which I like better. I do think the vintage head looks a touch more sinister though.

Not even worth the hassle. Last couple MOTUC head sold on eBay for .99 cents.
    Honestly, the plastic should of been used for a few more "classic" accessories instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    You know you could have sold those on ebay or in the marketplace here, right?

Anyway - to answer the OP - no, I do not think it looks out of proportion. It actually looks quite good. As does the vintage head. I can't decide which I like better. I do think the vintage head looks a touch more sinister though.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeguiarsEM View Post
    Not even worth the hassle. Last couple MOTUC head sold on eBay for .99 cents.
    Honestly, the plastic should of been used for a few more "classic" accessories instead.
    She-Ra's mask is a classic accessory though!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I stated in the other Whiplash thread that I thought the initial report of his head being too big was far-fetched. I think it looks great. Some people just see the short roundness of the vintage head and compare the two. I'm glad we got this 200x head, so my Whiplash doesn't have to look like a dullard. But he does look like a Super Skrull.

Still trying to determine what is "hyper-anime" with him. I put him side by side with Hordak and noticed the ears are similar in angles, the fin/mohawk on top of the head is pretty close, so I still don't get it

Really? More classic accessories? What else did the vintage Whiplash figure come with that should have been included instead of the modern/very different head? I will never understand the harshness of this getting everything for vintage, but do not include anything 200x that basically comes as a pick or choose to use it type bonus deal.

Having two options satisfies all MOTU fans. I like the 200x head for Whiplash, but I like the vintage spear better than the 200x weapon. I like the fact that we get different options.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Whiplash was kinda boring figure to begin (to include the original) except I do have to respect how all his parts were different from all the other MOTU figs thus far and I enjoy the level of detail that makes him look less boring. The 200X head doesn't make any sense IMO to put on the classic style design.

Overall I'm glad to have him for the sake of having him. I think the 200X Whiplash was much cooler but all the Classic Purist will say he sucks. Its okay though because we are all creatures of passion around here and everyone knows where each other stands.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Exactily my thoughts! I actually thought it did look big in pictures, but now that I have him in hand I think it looks fantastic. Too much so, sadly. Dunno which head to use most!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    I loved the 200X design of Whiplash, but after getting my figure today, I'm one of the people who thinks the head looks out of proportion with the body. I don't hate it, and assume I will use it for something, but my Whiplash will sport the vintage style head.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I actually like both heads. I thought I'd probably only like the 200x version until I had the figure in hand. I wouldn't have thrown the other head away though and I wouldn't ever say anything was waste of plastic if someone wanted something else I might not like. I don't understand why there's even that big of an issue with some people. If someone doesn't like something, isn't it easy enoughh to ignore it in situations like this? That's been the nice thing about the extra heads, which of course we're not getting anymore.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Just got my Whiplash figure today.

He's awesome.

I have to say, that of the 200X redesigns, Whiplah was my least favorite. I didn't like the design, nor the characterization.

I much preferred the vintage design, and the Filmation characterization. He was intelligent (it seems they've gone more that way with the MOTUC bio).

I love the vintage head on this figure. The 200X one IS actually quite nice - the paint on mine (actually both heads and the figure) is flawless. I just have no need for it.

I kind of wish there were another green body, I would make another character with it.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I have to say, that of the 200X redesigns, Whiplah was my least favorite. I didn't like the design, nor the characterization.
    Awww. I like both designs, but I think I like Whiplash better in the MYP series because he's hilarious! He's also FIERCELY strong.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I love the 200x head... but not on the current MOTUC body... I think it doesn't look "natural", probably because I'm used to see the 200X body.

Anyway, the 200x head sculpt is awesome but the overall figure looks better with the vintage head.

" So now that I have Whiplash... "

you sue the guy that hit you
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    " So now that I have Whiplash... "

you sue the guy that hit you

Priceless.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I will never understand the harshness of this getting everything for vintage, but do not include anything 200x that basically comes as a pick or choose to use it type bonus deal.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I think the tunnel vision of ONLY 80's stuff is pretty narrow minded. The 80's are gone. It was a great time to be a kid, I know because I was there but IT IS OVER. With the nostalgia goggles removed, it makes sense to want multiple upgrades to these great characters.

Besides, I don't like hairy black eyebrows on my reptilian warriors.

But seriously, there is A LOT of haters regarding the 2002 He-Man series but it was far SUPERIOR to the Filmation show. A few things I still prefer from Filmation are the He-Man theme, transformation sequence and otherwordly Eternian landscapes.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 19, 2010 at 03:37am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Just a reminder, folks...posts with name calling and/or insults will be deleted. Everybody has the right do to whatever they wish with their own personal property without being called names or talked down to.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I think the tunnel vision of ONLY 80's stuff is pretty narrow minded. The 80's are gone. It was a great time to be a kid, I know because I was there but IT IS OVER. With the nostalgia goggles removed, it makes sense to want multiple upgrades to these great characters.

Besides, I don't like hairy black eyebrows on my reptilian warriors.

But seriously, there is A LOT of haters regarding the 2002 He-Man series but it was far SUPERIOR to the Filmation show. A few things I still prefer from Filmation are the He-Man theme, transformation sequence and otherwordly Eternian landscapes.
    You know, one could easily take what you said, swap the 80s and 2002 references, and make a point just as valid as your own.

I think the tunnel vision of ONLY 2002 stuff is pretty narrow minded. 2002 is gone. It was a great time to be a college student. I know because I was there, but IT IS OVER. With the beer goggles removed, it makes sense to want classic versions of these great characters.

Besides, I don't like giant anime ears on my reptilian warriors.

But seriously, there are A LOT of haters regarding the 80's He-Man series even though it was far SUPERIOR to the MYP show. A few things I still prefer from MYP are the continuity provided by the season-spanning story arcs, Randors council, and the relevancy of the different Eternian Races..

I'm just sayin'.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Visually, I think the biggest problem with the 200x head is that it doesn't have any contrast. He needs eyebrows or something.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Court Magician
    I like BOTH Whiplash heads, and hope down the line we continue to get BOTH heads to choose from...because ultimately, sometimes I like 200x style heads better, and sometimes I like Classic heads better. So why not have both? Yay.

master of hiphop
    yeah.. i'm not a fan of the 200X head either.. just doesn't look right to me.

it looks like a "big Head"

overall he looks great.. but i would have to agree the 200x head is just not cutting it for me.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

After putting on the 200X head, he didn't look right to me, so I switched it back to his vintage head. The 200X weapon though I liked with him. I have no problem with the 200X look over all, It just didn't look right for him on the vintage body.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I'm just gonna come out and say it:

I honestly believe that had we never seen the 200x figure before, and this was the first time that head design was released, that practically NO ONE would be commenting about how "out of place" or "stylistically inconsistent" the 200x head looks on Whiplash.

My point is that it has less to do with actual aesthetic, design problems, and almost everything to do with a biased perspective, whether you like the head or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I'm just gonna come out and say it:

I honestly believe that had we never seen the 200x figure before, and this was the first time that head design was released, that practically NO ONE would be commenting about how "out of place" or "stylistically inconsistent" the 200x head looks on Whiplash.

My point is that it has less to do with actual aesthetic, design problems, and almost everything to do with a biased perspective, whether you like the head or not.
    I would have to disagree with you on that. Even if I had never seen the 200x figure, I still think the 200x head just doesn't fit the over all look with the vintage body. But I can see what you mean, I do have a bit of bias for the vintage line, but my opinion has more to do with having the figure in my hands and looking at it with both heads. With that in mind, I feel that the head just didn't fit for me, the same went with Mer-Man his comic style head just did fit for me, nor does She-Ra's vintage head, I actually prefer her modern head LOL.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero