Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 195

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--October 2010

  1. #101
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,468
    My question to you both Crow and KUZEH is,
    what happens when something comes along that you don't like or don't agree with?
    By your own standards, it sounds like you shouldn't be posting anything, not even here on these fan forums.

    Sooner or later, the shoe is on the other foot.
    So just because you may not agree with someone doesn't mean they can't voice their opinion here as long as it's constructive and respectful.

    But when you have a forum of this size, you will see complaints.
    You can either participate in the discussion, or just ignore it.
    There's no reason to let another person's opinion ruin your fun in collecting the line.

  2. #102
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    My thoughts exactly!!
    This is supposed to be fun!!
    I also agree, this is the reason I`ve had maybe 4 posts in the last month. Tired of the constant complaining and negativity or people not understanding what NO means. If my kids went on and on about something they were told NO to they`d be grounded for life!!

  3. #103
    Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Satellite of Love (Ohio)
    Posts
    1,034
    I have had things in this line that I don't agree with. I haven't liked some of the bios. The thing I'm referring to is that the same people will complain over and over about multiple problems. To state your disagreement is one thing...to beat a dead horse is another. I think it's fine to state something that you don't like, but to rage on about it is just silly. That's why I'll take my own advice and not complain about others complaining (I'm well aware of the irony ).

    It just seems that people have wanted this for so long and they are not even trying to enjoy the line. As I've said, there will be flaws, but the good of this line outweighs the bad.
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

    "Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

  4. #104
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,468
    Well, if a person keeps repeating the same opinion over and over, that can get annoying.
    That can drag an argument out into the "I have to have the last word" territory.

  5. #105
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I think that instead of constant complaining that people should vote with their wallets. If you see reviews of a figure that you think sucks, then, by all means, don't buy it!. If you don't like a sculpt, don't buy it. We've been told countless times that when sculpts are released they cannot be changed. Yet, there are threads stating "change this, change that, sign the petition".
    The complainers about complainers always miss this one simple idea--just because people would prefer an aspect of the figure to be better doesn't mean that those fans completely hate the figure that they are getting. They simply wished that the figure was better.

    This doesn't mean that those fans hate Panthor at all. They wish he had a more different head than Battle Cat if tooling dollars are constantly being rammed down our throats. Like Buzz-Off, Grizzlor or Roboto, Panthor isn't as perfect as he could be, but what we are getting is still pretty good.

    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I also agree, this is the reason I`ve had maybe 4 posts in the last month. Tired of the constant complaining and negativity or people not understanding what NO means. If my kids went on and on about something they were told NO to they`d be grounded for life!!
    You mean everyone being 100% happy with whatever Mattel puts out?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 22, 2010 at 04:06pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

  6. #106
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I also agree, this is the reason I`ve had maybe 4 posts in the last month. Tired of the constant complaining and negativity or people not understanding what NO means. If my kids went on and on about something they were told NO to they`d be grounded for life!!
    I don't think that applies here. I don't think anyone was requesting a new Panthor(I know I wasn't). We were discussing his head and how similar it looks to Battle Cat's.

    I also don't think it's fair for people to come on and "complain" about all of the "complainers"(ironic ain't it) just because they don't love everything from MOTUC. Personally, I can count on one hand the releases from this line that I have a problem with and Panthor is probably the first of those that I have been quite vocal about. Just because someone is unhappy with something doesn't mean they are never happy. It seems like it's OK to "trash" some toys(Meteorbs, Mo-Larr, Preternian He-Man, Orko, Prince Adam, Bow; all of which I like) but if you dare say anything even remotely negative about a "fan favorite" you are labeled a complainer who is never happy.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  7. #107
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    The thing I'm referring to is that the same people will complain over and over about multiple problems.
    I think that's the key point right there. There are multiple problems and the same people do talk about them...because they are problems that keep continuing:

    - Problems with Matty.com
    - Problems with DR
    - Problems with QC (missing paint apps, broken figures, double appendages, incorrectly assembled figures)
    - Always being told things can't be done because of a limited tooling budget, which sometimes gets used for nearly identical heads and other things (like Gygor, even though he's larger than Grodd) instead of unique parts and bodies (200X Grizzlor head, Roboto chest plate cover, 200X Roboto head, extra weapons, etc.).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  8. #108
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    It just seems that people have wanted this for so long and they are not even trying to enjoy the line. As I've said, there will be flaws, but the good of this line outweighs the bad.
    I see it as this line being so close to perfect that anything that detracts from that perfection stands out all the more. If I felt this line was crap, I'd dump it. I did it the last time.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior kk2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scheveningen, The Netherlans
    Posts
    991
    You don't need to read the nagging and complaining. There are a still lot of fun threads with minor or no nagging at all.

    I'm always trying to see the positive things in life. Complaining is not in my nature. I do it too, but I try to keep it to a minimum.

    If you're more a positive guy you should post more adam, that will balance the negativity

    Oh btw, for the people who focus on negativity a lot, you'll attract more negativity. You're so focused on negativity, expecting most things will be bad or not as you wish, doing so you'll even attract more negativity.
    If you expect positive things, that's what you'll get most of the time.

    A good example is my friend who has a Tetraplegic. The doctors said he would never walk again. He told the doctors to screw themselves, now about 4 month later, he walks again...
    Last edited by kk2; October 22, 2010 at 04:18pm.

  10. #110
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    You don't need to read the nagging and complaining. There are a still lot of fun threads with minor or no nagging at all.
    This thread is an example where the complaints have reached a neutral thread. This is a news thread and people were reacting to that news--both good reactions AND bad ones.

    If you're more a positive guy you should post more adam, that will balance the negativity
    Except when it turns into a 200X topic...then he turns heel and I become the good guy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    It just seems that people have wanted this for so long and they are not even trying to enjoy the line. As I've said, there will be flaws, but the good of this line outweighs the bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I see it as this line being so close to perfect that anything that detracts from that perfection stands out all the more. If I felt this line was crap, I'd dump it. I did it the last time.
    I think it's the idea that these might be our FINAL MOTU characters, so every character must be perfect from jump, as the brand might not survive long enough to produce another line. As bad as this might seem to Vintage fans, it's even worse for fans of the other eras.

    Despite Toyguru saying that this line is planned to 2017, a lot of fans don't trust that information and want their characters ASAP, before the Titanic sinks.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 22, 2010 at 04:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior kk2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scheveningen, The Netherlans
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think it's the idea that these might be our FINAL MOTU characters, so every character must be perfect from jump, as the brand might not survive long enough to produce another line. As bad as this might seem to Vintage fans, it's even worse for fans of the other eras.

    Despite Toyguru saying that this line is planned to 2017, a lot of fans don't trust that information and want their characters ASAP, before the Titanic sinks.
    This is exactly why we should believe that Motuc will stay that long or even longer.
    Why always all that fear, what ifs, if thens. Fear leads to negativity. The best example is the financial crisis, people got scared, respond with fear, cause they fear the future and look back and think that that was the best or better time. Fear makes you do the wrong stuff 90% of the time.

  12. #112
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I don't think that applies here. I don't think anyone was requesting a new Panthor(I know I wasn't). We were discussing his head and how similar it looks to Battle Cat's.

    I also don't think it's fair for people to come on and "complain" about all of the "complainers"(ironic ain't it) just because they don't love everything from MOTUC. Personally, I can count on one hand the releases from this line that I have a problem with and Panthor is probably the first of those that I have been quite vocal about. Just because someone is unhappy with something doesn't mean they are never happy. It seems like it's OK to "trash" some toys(Meteorbs, Mo-Larr, Preternian He-Man, Orko, Prince Adam, Bow; all of which I like) but if you dare say anything even remotely negative about a "fan favorite" you are labeled a complainer who is never happy.
    It`s not a complaint, it`s my 100% honest opinion! The only thing I have ever complined about in MOTUC was shipping times in 2008. there are things I don`t like about MOTUC, hell there things I just hate in general in real life but you don`t see me walking around and complaining about them do you? There`s not even much discussion here anymore it`s all complaining! I think we all need to go back to the "if you don`t like it, don`t buy it" way of thinking because quite frankly I do agree with most of the things that have been said about the .org since the beginning of the MOTUC line. Tons of longtime members have left and have been replaced by a very vocal minority The .org used to be my #1 priority and now I get surprised when I even remember to check here once a week or so. So to whoever it was that says not to let it get to you and ruin your fun, it`s a bit too late for that and all this has taken a toll on my fandom and that why I haven`t been around much recently

  13. #113
    Heroic Warrior kk2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scheveningen, The Netherlans
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    ... So to whoever it was that says not to let it get to you and ruin your fun, it`s a bit too late for that and all this has taken a toll on my fandom and that why I haven`t been around much recently
    Sad to hear this, cause I think those long time orgers are a true treasure, as they are mostly the ones who know the most about Motu and the Motu canon.
    I feel sorry as I'm too a new member 'Motuc newcomer'. I've been reading here since 200x was big, I just enjoyed the cartoon and the comics, never cared about the toys though. If more hard core orgers feel this way, I'm very sorry that us new guys have ruined your party.

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    977
    I think the thought about the same people making negative comments about almost any aspect of the line isn't so much annoying as it begins to sound like they are never happy about anything. I know the majority of complaints I see on this forum have a tendency to be from the same group of people over and over and when they do have something positive to say about something, it's almost always followed by a "but..."

    At what point does a person have to say "this is too frustrating, this line will never be what I think it should and it's time to walk away"? If you have a complaint about more than 50% of the items this line has produced, it sounds like you are more unhappy than happy with what's come... Why do you hang on? I read comics, and when I am not enjoying even 25% of the issues, I drop a title. There is nothing that we collect that should be bought if we continue to be displayed about the majority of items produced. That kind of thing doesn't make you a fan, it makes you obsessed.

    Am I 100% happy with everything that has been done in this line? No. But my concerns are less than 10% when compared to what I have enjoyed in the line.

    I have 2 figures with loose ankles that affect how I can pose them, I have one figure with an incomplete paint app on the loin cloth, I have a figure with wings that don't quite look right when his arms are by his sides (almost never) and I have a figure with shoulders that I never would have known or cared were reversed if someone hadn't turned it into an inquisition of international proportions.

    But I also have 39 figures (including beasts) who I can pose fairly dynamically without loss of stability (the two with loose ankles are still posed dynamically) due to the range of articulation available, and I have some furry creatures and figures with sculpts that bring out the detail of each hair when you look closely, and I have figures of 10 characters (TEN) who were either never produced or never widely produced anywhere before, and I have stands that actually make the figures look like they are in an "environment" instead of "on a stand", and I have a company that, despite its flaws and stumbles, has someone truly passionate about the characters and figures and tries to inject things as a fan, with a fan point of view. I have an Orko that is in scale with my other figures, I have a Trap Jaw and a Kronis, I have a Skeletor and a Keldor, I have a She-Ra and an Adora, I have a He-Man and a King Greyskull, I have a Mana-at-Arms with and without a mustache... I have an enforcer with glow-in-the-freaking-dark tattoos!

    I am excited as hell about this line... and I don't get annoyed by the people who complain about something on almost every single figure. I feel sorry for them. Because if their primary objective when a figure is revealed is to scour every detail looking for imperfections rather than look at the artistry that went into the sculpt and design and have that initial "WOW" moment of "holy crap, that's a cool figure!", then I wonder why they waste their money and time on this line that disappoints them at every turn.

    Just my 2 cents...

  15. #115
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,870
    The worst is when someone makes a post telling other folks to go outside for fresh air.

  16. #116
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    It`s not a complaint, it`s my 100% honest opinion! The only thing I have ever complined about in MOTUC was shipping times in 2008. there are things I don`t like about MOTUC, hell there things I just hate in general in real life but you don`t see me walking around and complaining about them do you? There`s not even much discussion here anymore it`s all complaining!
    adam, you complain too. You recently had a complaint about your Carnivus' shield. If you aren't complaining about complainers, then you're complaining about fans wanting variants like 200X Prince Adam.

    I think we all need to go back to the "if you don`t like it, don`t buy it" way of thinking because quite frankly I do agree with most of the things that have been said about the .org since the beginning of the MOTUC line. Tons of longtime members have left and have been replaced by a very vocal minority The .org used to be my #1 priority and now I get surprised when I even remember to check here once a week or so. So to whoever it was that says not to let it get to you and ruin your fun, it`s a bit too late for that and all this has taken a toll on my fandom and that why I haven`t been around much recently
    The complainers about complainers always miss this one simple idea--just because people would prefer an aspect of the figure to be better doesn't mean that those fans completely hate the figure that they are getting. They simply wished that the figure was better.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

  17. #117
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,026
    Like I've said in the past, people just gotta look at the big picture. Does Mattel make mistakes? Yes. Everyone does.

    Complaints, comments, and nitpicking happen, but that doesn't mean that someone is not more happy with MOTUC and Mattel than not.

    I'm sure many people that are like 90-99% happy with Mattel and MOTUC seem like they are complaining, but that's only because they care, not because they trying to be negative or annoying.

    That said, Panthor would look more Panthor-like if he was flocked.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The complainers about complainers always miss this one simple idea--just because people would prefer an aspect of the figure to be better doesn't mean that those fans completely hate the figure that they are getting. They simply wished that the figure was better.
    This implies that they are "settling" for something less than what they are paying for. If they want it to be better, it isn't worth the $ they are paying for it to them... Why would someone buy something if it's not good enough for them? I don't understand this concept. We all work damn hard for our money, why would we spend it on something we don't "completely hate" but could be "better"?

    If we buy it anyway, then shame on us... shame on us for buying something we aren't happy with, and shame on us for complaining about what we knowingly bought. (By the way, this doesn't apply to actual product defects, only things like sculpt, and accessories, and anything else we know about before we slap that money down...)

  19. #119
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    adam, you complain too. You recently had a complaint about your Carnivus' shield. If you aren't complaining about complainers, then you're complaining about fans wanting variants like 200X Prince Adam.



    The complainers about complainers always miss this one simple idea--just because people would prefer an aspect of the figure to be better doesn't mean that those fans completely hate the figure that they are getting. They simply wished that the figure was better.
    the grass will always be "greener" isn't an adult way to look at life though (in my personal opinion)

    and this is an adult collector line

  20. #120
    anime hyper style Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Unless it takes valuable tooling dollars away from another figure. I'd prefer it if they'd spent the money on a 2nd head for Grizzlor, and kept Panthor accurate to his 80s sculpt - a straight repaint of Battle Cat.
    I'm not entirely sure Grizzlor lacking his 2nd head/faceplate was due to tooling dollars. I feel it might have been the no 200x head edict coming into play.

    Personally, I'm glad Panthor isn't a straight up repaint. I appreciate the subtle differences in such a reuse-heavy line.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

  21. #121
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,468
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Tons of longtime members have left and have been replaced by a very vocal minority.
    That's not true at all.
    I'm sorry, but those stats exist in your head.

    There are many long time members still here. A great many!
    And with any forum, users always come and go.

    And there's always a number of fans who are more vocal than others.
    It's like that on any forum.

    The .org used to be my #1 priority and now I get surprised when I even remember to check here once a week or so. So to whoever it was that says not to let it get to you and ruin your fun, it`s a bit too late for that and all this has taken a toll on my fandom and that why I haven`t been around much recently
    It bums me out to hear that, but you have to do what's right for you.
    I don't think you should have let things get to you like that, though.
    You are in control of that, after all.

    I've been reading both praise and complaints here for over 10 years. I personally feel the community expresses itself better than ever, now that we have some years behind us and a bit more wisdom.

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior BadVermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The complainers about complainers always miss this one simple idea--just because people would prefer an aspect of the figure to be better doesn't mean that those fans completely hate the figure that they are getting. They simply wished that the figure was better.
    Beautifully said. This is a collectors line with a premium price, as such we should expect higher quality, to accept less is a disservice to ourselves and Mattel.

    I don't see suggesting ways to improve something as complaining, it's constructive criticism, which in my world is a good thing. Personally, I have more issues with people who are perfectly fine with all of the blatant factory errors, and don't care about improving the line.

  23. #123
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,870
    While it can definitely get heavy in certain threads at times, I really don't understand why the folks who take a break from the .org (due to what they perceive to be constant complaining) to "live life", concentrate on fun stuff etc. almost never come back refreshed and less effected by opposing opinions on a toy line? It's almost as if they've been here the entire time, reading...lol

  24. #124
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,238
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    II personally feel the community expresses itself better than ever, now that we have...a bit more wisdom.
    Thanks! Always a pleasure to be appreciated around here!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  25. #125
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That said, Panthor would look more Panthor-like if he was flocked.



    Go outside for fresh air!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

    There are many long time members still here. A great many!
    Some of them are even in this very thread; Count Marzo, Tallstar and that guy who seems to like ferrets.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 22, 2010 at 05:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •