Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post

Go outside for fresh air!!!
    Justin, go rotate the tires on your car, read a book etc.

Hey! What's wrong with ferrets?! Now my little Katie is offended.....better hide your valuables.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    That does it. I'm sending you all to TVTropes

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoffsLaw

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Hey! What's wrong with ferrets?!
    Nothing. They're great! They taste like chicken.

(I am 100% kidding. I am a huge animal lover and I would never even think about harming a ferret. Hell, I even bring spiders outside in Dixie cups.)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    This implies that they are "settling" for something less than what they are paying for. If they want it to be better, it isn't worth the $ they are paying for it to them... Why would someone buy something if it's not good enough for them? I don't understand this concept. We all work damn hard for our money, why would we spend it on something we don't "completely hate" but could be "better"?

If we buy it anyway, then shame on us... shame on us for buying something we aren't happy with, and shame on us for complaining about what we knowingly bought. (By the way, this doesn't apply to actual product defects, only things like sculpt, and accessories, and anything else we know about before we slap that money down...)
    Do you think that you could be 85% happy with the line? It isn't 100%, but what an 85% it is!

For me in particular, I like the default figure anyway. It would be better if it had a modern head or accessories. But by no means does it mean that I hate the default figure. Think of it as a cake with no icing. Cake is delicious as hell, but icing would make that cake much better.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    the grass will always be "greener" isn't an adult way to look at life though (in my personal opinion)

and this is an adult collector line
    Sure it is, Tech, especially if you're among the downtrodden. The overworked, but underpaid individual might wish he were making more money, wish he had a better job, wish he had a bigger house, better car, faster computer, etc. The grass is usually always greener somewhere else.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Think of it as a cake with no icing. Cake is delicious as hell, but icing would make that cake much better.
    Cake without icing is bread. How about a brownie?

JOIN THE GROUP...

I've been here since before 200X was announced and enjoy this forum very much. What ruins it for me is when I see posts mocking people who make valid arguments about some of the things that bother them about the line. You need to look at the GOOD threads too, which there are many. Some people seem to be concentrating on the "negative" threads. If the MOTUC threads are so rough, there are subforums for POP, NA, MOTU, and 200X.

Because I disagreed with someone's "joke" about complainers, I was sent a disrespectful PM referencing "butt-hurt" that has been forwarded to dorrmann to hopefully address. People CAN disagree and still talk. I know the government can't do it, but we can be better than them.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    What ruins it for me is when I see posts mocking people who make valid arguments about some of the things that bother them about the line. You need to look at the GOOD threads too, which there are many. Some people seem to be concentrating on the "negative" threads. If the MOTUC threads are so rough, there are subforums for POP, NA, MOTU, and 200X.
    Agree X 1000.

Because I disagreed with someone's "joke" about complainers, I was sent a disrespectful PM referencing "butt-hurt" that has been forwarded to dorrmann to hopefully address. People CAN disagree and still talk. I know the government can't do it, but we can be better than them.
    Sorry to hear that.

Because I disagreed with someone's "joke" about complainers, I was sent a disrespectful PM referencing "butt-hurt" that has been forwarded to dorrmann to hopefully address.
    That really stinks. Disagreeing with someone is one thing but going after them in a PM is both cowardly and kinda creepy. I've only had one person do that to me(someone who I didn't even realize I was at odds with) but I let a mod take care of it rather than respond. Luckily they seemed to have been given the boot from here for some other reason.

People CAN disagree and still talk. I know the government can't do it, but we can be better than them.
    True dat! I just recently had a conversation in another thread with a fellow poster where neither of us agreed on the subject at hand. Neither of us changed the other person's opinion but we also were able to talk in a pleasant manner without resorting to snark or name calling.

Btw, I love your new avatar!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

True dat! I just recently had a conversation in another thread with a fellow poster where neither of us agreed on the subject at hand. Neither of us changed the other person's opinion but we also were able to talk in a pleasant manner without resorting to snark or name calling.

Btw, I love your new avatar!!!
    That's exactly what I'm saying. There can be harmony even with disagreement. It's all about how you approach it.

Regarding my avatar, I plan to do an animated gif each month as a new figure comes out. I can show off the figure and give it some character (more so than the bios do).
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I'd say if you have something personal against a poster, take it to PM rather than derail a thread and go off topic.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Because if their primary objective when a figure is revealed is to scour every detail looking for imperfections rather than look at the artistry that went into the sculpt and design and have that initial "WOW" moment of "holy crap, that's a cool figure!", then I wonder why they waste their money and time on this line that disappoints them at every turn.

Just my 2 cents...
    I don't think there are many...if any...people that look at the figures to say "oh, they did that wrong so it's garbage."

Maybe people who aren't MOTU fans (I've read some HARSH things about MOTU on other message boards from 2008 ) and competing toy companies/designers.

I don't really see a lot of "complaints" as a lot tend to label them. I do see comments, suggestions and constructive critiques. This is called fan-input which helps the 4H/TG/Mattel give us more items and better figures overall. If everyone stayed quiet when we noticed King Grayskull's armour wasn't removeable...NO figures would have the removeable armour. Mattel delayed the line to correct that. If everyone stayed quiet about Stratos' wings, they wouldn't be fixed on the MOTUC vs DCUC two pack. They changed the colour of Battle Armour Skeletor's feet because of fan-input, they're making beasts, army-builders, display pieces and vehicles...all because fans/customers said "please make this." We also wouldn't have the white mailer boxes. Mattel implemented them after a bunch of MOC collectors kept saying each month they were getting their figures banged up.

So...it really helps. Also, the 4H purposely have Easter Eggs on figures so it's important to look at every detail. Like...how Adora has Teela's gun from the 80's movie and Okro's wand is actually the 80's ripcord. She-Ra's comb-axe was explained to us beforehand.

Anyway, short version of my post:

Comments, suggestions, critiques...very important.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'd say if you have something personal against a poster, take it to PM rather than derail a thread and go off topic.
    This thread has LONG gone off topic. It's a TG news thread which has become another "complaints about the complaints."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    ...I was sent a disrespectful PM referencing "butt-hurt"...
    Everything else aside, I really just HATE that term!! Lol. Hopefully it'll pass out of America's terminology sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Anyway, short version of my post: Comments, suggestions, critiques...very important.

This thread has LONG gone off topic. It's a TG news thread which has become another "complaints about the complaints."
    Agreed, everytime I see this thread pop up in the "New Posts" search I do on every visit, I hardly ever see any new TG "news". Not to get bash anyone for commenting, not at ALL, that's what this place is for, I just get a little excited for news, and then nothing. There's plenty of complaint/criticism threads, so I'm always duped into thinking there'll be actual news in this one.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Heroic Warrior
    After skipping 3 pages worth of Bla, are there any news we can discuss about in this thread?
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    After skipping 3 pages worth of Bla, are there any news we can discuss about in this thread?
    It's not a secret where this news comes from. Check out Matty's forums for yourself.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Toyguru has added new answers this morning. I've put them up.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Thanks for the update MGM. I particularly like this one:

I know they are removable, but are they separate pieces from each other? I'd like to put He-Man's Cross armor on KG, so will it be possible to do that and have him wear his cape? Or are they one piece? Thanks very much!

Yes.
    I think he's answering yes to the first question, but there are actually three questions there.

Some of the other answers weren't very good, but things we already knew:
    No Playset until "probably" a movie.
    No C-n-C like DCUC.

But Then...

Soon we will see the painted Man-E-Faces, I mean the painted April Figure.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

http://joeamaro.blogspot.com/2010/08...t-knights.html

This is easily the best MOTUC Robot Guard design I could find. I'm going to print and cut out pictures of these to display with my Skeletor until I can kidnap Joe Amaro and make him cast me an army of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://joeamaro.blogspot.com/2010/08...t-knights.html

This is easily the best MOTUC Robot Guard design I could find. I'm going to print and cut out pictures of these to display with my Skeletor until I can kidnap Joe Amaro and make him cast me an army of them.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wAKwTlQ-2E...ele_Robots.jpg
    Those are awesome!!! I've never been one to purchase customs but I would totally buy those if they were at a relatively reasonable price.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Those robots looks phenomenal!

Come on, Mattel, get your fingers out of your whatsits and acquire the Filmation rights. You know it’s the right thing to do. Of course, that is if you haven’t already got them……….

Heroic Warrior
    It's not a secret where this news comes from. Check out Matty's forums for yourself.
    You must´ve misunderstood me.
    It just seemed many folks here got derayled from the actual talking about news to an ongoing and somehow useless off-topic discussion.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Heroic Warrior
    Its not the fault of He-Man.org that Mattel's quality control sucks. That continued complaints continue to go unaddressed and unanswered. That half-swords do not fit. That Roboto was improperly assembled and put into production. And that ToyGuru can't be taken seriously with his, "we catch thousands of mistakes before the toys go into production," garbage.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

You must´ve misunderstood me.
    It just seemed many folks here got derayled from the actual talking about news to an ongoing and somehow useless off-topic discussion.
    No discussion is "useless". It may not be on-topic, but it's not useless. Discussion is what makes the boards fun to come and visit.

To avoid the discussion, you can do a search on Toyguru posts on MattyCollector and then bookmark it. That's what I do and then I check it every couple days with the newest posts at the top.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Good Sunday morning!

I just went through here and deleted several posts that had nothing to do with Matty news or MOTUC at all. Please, let's keep this on topic and try and refrain from back and forth bickering. If you MUST argue, please take it to PM, and remember, there's always the ignore feature that you can utilize.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Wasn't Tytus supposed to be re-released early 2011? I think Toyguru mentioned something like this some time ago. But now he is not in the plan?