Thread: Some questions for NA fans regarding NA in MOTUC?

Some questions for NA fans regarding NA in MOTUC?

Let me begin by saying that I am not a fan of NA. That being said, I am open to them being included in MOTUC. I've been looking at the old figs and was curious about the opinion of NA fans on some things:

There are a number of NA He-Man figs, but they all look quite similar. Would you prefer ALL of them to be released as figs, or would you be happy with just one. If just one, would you prefer a recreation of one particular He-Man, or a combination of all of them?

What about skeletor. He had two different looks (I count Discs of doom and Battle Blade as one look). Do we need both versions? Could you handle having a single, merged look for NA skeletor?

What about those secondary characters that had second releases (Brakk, Flipshot, Hydron, Hoove). Should they get two figures or just one? If just one, is there a particular version you prefer or would you like a merged look.

Regarding names, is it Icarius or Flipshot? Brakk or flogg? Slush Head or Kalamarr? Tatarus or Kayo? Insyzor or Tuskador? Tornado or Spinwit? Artilla or Weaponstronic? Quakke or Earthquake? I suppose the "real" names will come in handy here...

And finally, are there any characters that you could live with NOT being revived in MOTUC? I mainly ask this because I find some of the characters to be really unexciting. Especially the Heroes. I also consider some characters to be poorer cousins of older figs: Spinwit (Sy-Klone), Butthead (Rattlor), and possibly Tuskador (Snout Spout) and Karatti (Ninjor?).

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im In no way a fan of the Vintage NA Figures, they were almost without exception badly sculpted and poor quality materials.

But that said I LOVE the actual designs and I cant wait to see them 'Thrugh the classics lens'. (heck has everyone seen Emilianos take on them? AWESOME!)

Brakk,Optikk and Kalamar were the standouts for me 'Sculpt wise' I still boggle at the ingenious use of fluid inside Kalamars dome.

I love the idea of cybernetic Skeletor and will be happy with just him made in MOTUC. the other two variants aint needed in my mind, but thats just me.

Same with He-man, as long as he has the flouro clear laser sword and shield Im happy, if he has the longer hair, thats a great bonus. (two heads would be awesome too, one helmeted one not!).

I personally DONT consider NA HeMan and Skeletor as 'a list variants' because considering the sculpting and accessories needed They deserve a 'monthly slot' and all the priorities therein (If Vikor gets to be a monthly, then surely these two qualify)

as for the names, In Australia and europe they had the less 'Corny' -IMO- names, and its the one time that TG & Co can legitimately have 'Real Names' that are based in Vintage MOTU history.

If your asking do I mind if they are used as 'Real names' alone and aint on the front of the bubble, then No, Ill just be happy they are still their names!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    There are a number of NA He-Man figs, but they all look quite similar. Would you prefer ALL of them to be released as figs, or would you be happy with just one. If just one, would you prefer a recreation of one particular He-Man, or a combination of all of them?
    I just want one, done as closely to the cartoon as possible, with the removable armor that came with the first NA He-Man figure.

What about skeletor. He had two different looks (I count Discs of doom and Battle Blade as one look). Do we need both versions? Could you handle having a single, merged look for NA skeletor?
    I want both looks. To make it a bit easier, I would release NA Skeletor and re-do him later as Laser-Light Skeletor. Wouldn't be too difficult: New chest armor, replace the helmet with a hood (going down to the cape), and the rest could stay the same, just painted differently.

What about those secondary characters that had second releases (Brakk, Flipshot, Hydron, Hoove). Should they get two figures or just one? If just one, is there a particular version you prefer or would you like a merged look.
    I don't have a need for the Wave 4 versions. The only thing that would be neat was if Hydron got a removable arm to replace with his Spin Fist arm.

Regarding names, is it Icarius or Flipshot? Brakk or flogg? Slush Head or Kalamarr? Tatarus or Kayo? Insyzor or Tuskador? Tornado or Spinwit? Artilla or Weaponstronic? Quakke or Earthquake? I suppose the "real" names will come in handy here...
    I hope so. I'd give them their original US names and use the European ones as their real names. "Flogg. Real name: Brakk"

And finally, are there any characters that you could live with NOT being revived in MOTUC?
    I'm a huge NA fan, but I could live without a couple of them. I WANT them all, but I wouldn't get mad if Mattel doesn't produce some of the heroes. Many of them were rather boring in relation to the Mutants.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; October 4, 2010 at 11:16am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Slushead is a MUST!
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

I would be fine if they just made the first version and left it at that. The Thunder Punch one would be a cool extra, but I'm not gona be clamoring for him. A combination would be...iffy. Depends on what they would do. If they based it mostly on the first version and gave him the Thunder Punch harness, sword, sheild....oh heck, I don't know. See? I like the designs of them both so much that I'd rather have one that does the look completely than a mix (if I could only have one).

Once again, I would personally like to see the first version the most, but if they skipped it for Discs of Doom then I wouldn't mind totally. I don't know how a mix would work for his designs, though, 'cause they are all quite different. In particular, I would love to see his other versions more than He-Man, but once again, I'll just be ecstatic to get one at all.

One for each of the secondary guys, I think. I don't have as much of a connection to them, but there were a LOT of great looking characters. I wouldn't mind if they mixed a few things in terms of version, here. Hydron, for instance, would be cool if they added both his trident/rifle and maybe an attachable claw arm rather than make a whole spin-fist Hydron.

Totally don't care what they are called. You could call He-Man Musclor and it would be all the same to me. They all mean the same thing.

And finally, are there any characters that you could live with NOT being revived in MOTUC? I mainly ask this because I find some of the characters to be really unexciting. Especially the Heroes. I also consider some characters to be poorer cousins of older figs: Spinwit (Sy-Klone), Butthead (Rattlor), and possibly Tuskador (Snout Spout) and Karatti (Ninjor?).
    I honestly do not see the logic in "poorer cousins." They may work similarly, but the design is completely different. I like the look of Butthead for being completely stupid, and I like the look of Rattlor 'cause he's a big snake. Don't care if they share a feature. To answer the question, though: Yeah. I could live without a bunch of them. There are certain ones that just stand out very well and certainly need a figure, but I don't need them all. I'll take whatever they decide to make.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I only need one He-Man, the original one.
    Two Skeletors: the original and Discs of Doom.
    Don't need second versions of secondary characters.
    Guess the main d be the american one and the real name the european.
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Just the original NA He-Man. The NA He-man variants were basically trying to make He-Man more like his vintage incarnation with each new variant.

That won't work for Skeletor. NA Skeletor and Disks of Doom/Battle Blade Skeletor are two different looks.

Personally, I wouldn't care too much if we didn't get these variants, but I wouldn't be opposed if Mattel did make them.

The foreign names could be great real names.

All the NA characters should be made. The MOTU characters aren't in the Tri-Solar galaxy and Mattel at the time only referenced He-Man, Skeletor and the Sorceress. I could expect NA versions of other characters, only as different characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

One He-Man
    2 Skeletors (Discs of Doom with 2 heads, his and Battle Blade, and regular Skeletor)
    The 4 other characters who had extra weapons should all get those weapons in their first release, no need for a 2nd version (plus, this actually makes them closer to the toon versions)
    US names as their main names, and the European names as their real names

Couple of thoughts

What would He-Man and Skeletors name be on their boxes? We already have three figures with just the name Skeletor and two with He-man, however they obviously look very similar. Should these have a new variant name? How about Galactic Protector He-Man and Intergalactic Skeletor? Anyone any better suggestions

Why does skeletor seem to get cooler variants in every toyline
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Give Me Normal NA He-Man but with two heads: The Mullet that Standard NA He-Man has and the Ponytail from Battle Punching He-Man. (I could do without the Helmet, but if it's thrown in there it's cool for those who like it.)
    Skeletor on the other hand I'd like NA Skeletor and DoD Skeletor (with Alternate Battle blade head.)

The other guys just one fig with weapons from the original figure and the variant.

Names: Whatever, just get these guys made... So Far the Space mutants is the only faction who has a character but no leader... (The Snakemen will get Hsss in March... both the First snakeman AND a Faction Leader)

The only NA characters I never want to see are (Luckily) Cartoon only characters... The scientists... They make being locked in a room with Scrappy-Doo, Snarf, Orko, and Urkel bearable...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Same with He-man, as long as he has the flouro clear laser sword and shield Im happy, if he has the longer hair, thats a great bonus. (two heads would be awesome too, one helmeted one not!).
    You know, with all the talk of the hairstyle difference, I'd completely forgotten about the helmet! He'd really need two heads (plus interchangable chest armor for both looks).

I think most of the NA figures can do with one version, but Skeletor had a few very distinct looks that would make some good A-list variants, especailly the one version with no hood or helmet (only time I recall him that way in figure form).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I want the normal NA He-Man, normal NA Skeletor, and a merged design of Battle Blade/Disk of Doom Skeletor (since he wears this outfit in the toon).

I want the names to be the names as they were in the cartoon. I only need one release of Flipshot, Slush Head, Flogg, and Hydron. Other than that I don't particularly need any other character except for Master Sebrian, which I assume they can't produce anyway.

Now, an NA Sorceress version would be nice -- especially since she is sort of a merge between the MOTU live action movie and Filmation.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I collected this line, and enjoyed it. I never saw the cartoon on tv though bi have the DVD set, so I'm watching it now. That has an influence on my answers.

-I'd be fine with just one version of NA He-Man... But if anyone wants the other two versions, then they should be made.

-I want original NA Skeletor, but he IS Laser Power Skeletor from the vintage line, so it's a two-in-one. Disks of Doom Skeletor is a MUST. He looked this way for a bulk of the cartoon. The story behind the costume is cool too.

-I think the double euro names thing is great for the Real Names, as you mentioned. Slush Head's real name can be Kalamarr

-mini comic NA Sorceress is an absolute must.

-I don't need Hook'em Flogg, Spin-Fist Hydron, etc. One version of these is fine with me... But if other more hardcore NA fans want these, then I feel they should be made.

-no characters should be left out
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    One He-Man
    2 Skeletors (Discs of Doom with 2 heads, his and Battle Blade, and regular Skeletor)
    The 4 other characters who had extra weapons should all get those weapons in their first release, no need for a 2nd version (plus, this actually makes them closer to the toon versions)
    US names as their main names, and the European names as their real names
    This is exactly what I want. I can't wait to finally have NA figures in the same scale as Beastman, etc.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I think it would be smart of them to release Disks of Doom Skeletor with Battle Blade Skeletor's head as well. That way, they can do a repaint that matches more closely with the Battle Blade Skeletor scheme in a Toys R' Us 2-pack or something for fans who want a more accurate version of that variant.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I´m not a fan of the vintage NA.

But after I saw, what they did with Optikk, I want them all!

I want the 3 NA Skeletors and the 3 NA He-Men.

I would like a Disks of Doom Skeletor as that was an important varient from the cartoon and his main look for most of the series. Otherwise I dont see the need for any varients, just maybe a few extra accessories so characters such as Hydron and Flogg have weapons from both their old toy varients but im not that fussed as those varients didn't look very good.

Out of He-Man and Skeletor, just the main initial figures remade in the Classics vision is all I want. I don't particularly want all of the others either, but I hope to not have to have a subscription by the time they start rolling them out.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I count Discs of doom and Battle Blade as one look). Do we need both versions? Could you handle having a single, merged look for NA skeletor?
    I don't and no, I want all three because the toys were three very different designs, and I say that even though like you I'm not especially an NA fan. In the cartoon Battle Blade was just Discs of Doom without a helmet, the but the toy was very different and very awesome. I feel less strongly about NA He-Man, but since we're clearly getting the first version at some point (Bow's boots), I'll leave that up to the Horsemen and Mattel to decide. To me the other two NA He-Man variants are like most of the vintage He-Man variants post BA--not that thrilling.

Personally I think the first appearances matter the most and should be made. Secondary appearances are not a priority, but I wouldn't say 'never' to them either.

Exactly, that's one of the more fitting uses of the "real" name idea, IMO. That said, I would hope Quakke's "real name" is not Earthquake.

Tuskador looks way too cool to be left out! And besides his theme are the tusks rather than the trunk of an elephant. Butthead has a terrible name, but no one will confuse him for a Rattlor redundancy. Karatti looks distinct as well. I will let the fact that Spinwit has fans speak for how he should be made no matter what non-fans think. Basically no, I will not tell anyone they have to give up characters they want even when I'm not interested in them. It's just not right.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    make it easy on our wallets & shelf space by giving us just one version of the N/A characters. I'd be happy.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    1 NA He-Man with all the accessories from the 3 NA versions.
    2 different NA Skeletors would work the same way.

For the names, I think the North American names should be the main names with the others as the "real names."

It would be cool to get all the NA toys in the line though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im In no way a fan of the Vintage NA Figures, they were almost without exception badly sculpted and poor quality materials.
    Are you kidding? Did you play with the same figures as the rest of us? I doubt it.

Sculpt-wise, those figures were more detailed than most of their MOTU predecessors. Each character had his own sculpt, and was not made of part used for previous figures, even the He-Man variants.

And the quality of the material was the same as ever... they were almost impossible to break, and more durable than most of the MOTU guys with rubber band legs. Plus, NA figures had more articulation than MOTU. The knee articulation was awesome.

Really, you should take a longer look at them again.

I want all three of them, because they are very differents... I see more differences between them than between MOTU He-Man and his MOTU variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, Flying fists), which were basically regular He-Man in a different chest armor... If these ones can have a MOTUC figures, I think the NA He-Man deserve to be made too.

No. For the exact same reasons as He-Man.

Just taking a look at the two different versions of Flipshot and Hydron will show you hwo impossible it is to merge both looks. We need two different figures for those four guys.

I don't really care about the name Mattel witll choose. Most characters in France uses to have different names, and for me, you can call him He-Man, Musclor, or Surhomme it still refers to the same character. So I am fine with either names for the Primus and Denebria guys.

That's very subjective. A character you fins "unexciting" can be really appealing for others. For example, I absolutely love Kayo and Artilla, and I can't see why I shouldn't have figures of them. A character you dislike can be someone else's favorite.
    I also don't agree with this logic of "poorer cousin" either... Give me Karatti over Ninjor anyday.

No characters should be left out. I trust the Four Horsemen to make NA characters even more awesome than they already are.
    Look at MOTUC Optikk... Pure awesomeness ! And while he lacks the sculpt details the vintage Optikk had, the only fact that he is now of the same bulk as the rest of the line makes him one of the best MOTUC to date IMO... I can just imagine what they'll do with the rest of the NA crew...
    NA Rules !! Bring'em on !!!

I agree, TIRPITZ, my comments regarding the "unexciting" characters are simply that, my opinion. That being said, I think I've approached NA with a reasonably open mind.

I don't know how well it would go down with the MOTU fanbase if we got three NA He-Man's (He-Men?).

And I disagree about the various versions looking all that different. If put through the classicized machine (or however Toy Guru puts it), I have a feeling they would all look the same - with different armor & weapons (something that could be covered by accessories).

Regarding NA, more importantly than good new sculpts from the 4HM, I think Mattel need to create REALLY good stories for these charatcers. Otherwise, many of us will continue not to care.

This is all IMO.