Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a Sorceress/Teela Mother-Daughter Breast Cancer Awareness 2 pak

Hey MGM, not to be an ass, but that should say Toymakers A-List Teela thread!

I don't get credit for much on life! Lol

Onto the topic, great idea, but if done separatly Teela could be released this year.

I love Temple of Darkness and Double Edged Sword, so to get that Teela and raise money for a good cause is all good in my book!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Yeah, it definitely was Toymaker's A-list Teela thread within which the idea was raised. I just did my best to help MGM derail it on the Pink!

For the petition, I love this idea and am up for 2 if ever released!

I apologise to those folks who think we're upsetting the charity cause by adding Pink Sorceress to the mix and causing delay. That was never the intention! Indeed, I personally would be happy to buy a solo Pink Teela for charity and then later a Sorceress/Teela 2-pak. I think we all know an exclusive Sorceress-Teela 2pak would sell out for so many reasons (not the least of which is charity)!

I also have a view that Mattel could wisely & profitably release a mini-comic (pink and/or white) coloured vintage Sorceress as an exclusive long before releasing her classic colours version. Sure some fans would hold out for the classic coloured version but many of us would buy the earlier pink/white release as a place holder!

A future round of pink She-Ra/pink Swiftwind sets for breast cancer would also be a winner of an idea IMO.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

At first, I thought it sounded like a stoopid idea, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. And I would love a pink mini-comics Sorceress.

The only problem is that it would be a lot of work for Mattel for what would end up being a pretty small donation overall. I would guess that this kind of 2 pack would have a run of only a few thousand (at best). I would buy this for myself, and the proceeds would just happen to go to a charity. I can't imagine my mum or my sister wanting the figures.

It would definitelty be a cool SDCC exclusive.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I'd be on it if it were a set that could be sold at retail. For a charity item with proceeds going to the group, I'd think a larger run would be best. Making 10K or less and watching them sell out in 2 minutes might be good for business but hardly for the charity. Not to mention a great way to advertise the line and bad press for any retailer that refused to carry it.

With regard to the size of the end donation from Mattel to Breast Cancer research, I think this could end up being a marketing bonanza for the breast cancer cause, Mattel and MOTUC, outstripping the $$$ actually raised.

A. Breast cancer research would benefit from publicity appealling to a younger demographic
    B. MOTUC and Mattel would possibly obtain widespread publicity from the collaboration - raising MOTU in profile to potentially a new audience.
    C. Say Mattel makes 5000 units, at $20 charity profit per item, it's still $100,000 donation. Nothing to sneeze at!

Who knows, from a marketing perspective, maybe Mattel could draw in He-Man's much larger public profile to help the cause by packing pink Teela with a pink He-Man armor, a slight wink to the Goddess release for us fans.

Edit: sorry, that last idea was dumb. I forgot non fans attracted to the pink Teela-Sorceress pack to support the charity would not have a He-Man figure to wear the pink armor Sorry!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I think this is an excellent idea! I'm not too keen on a pink version of either character, were they bonus figures or standard releases, but for a great cause, even at $5 more, this would be an excellent way for fans to show their support not only for all things MOTU, but also for one of the most devastating diseases known to womankind. If you guys clamored for more females in the line, I know that supporting a "female cause" isn't too far of a stretch, either.

Mattel, why haven't you jumped on this yet? It's GREAT PR for you!! Hell, why not do a Teela/Wonder Woman 2-pack, with Teela (a straight repaint) with the gold parts done in pink (or metallic pink), and Wonder Woman with her red costume parts done in pink (or metallic pink)...you could call it "Battle for a cure", and include a pin or something in the package.

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Yeah, those pink variants would sell out in 3 minutes. Screw Ram Man!!!!

But the blue Tri-Klops and Beast-Man in support of testicular fortitude would be devine! Easy 30-second sell out!

Eh, have to say no thank you.

If Mattel wants to promote cancer awareness and put a "accepting donation" link on their site go ahead.

But I'd rather not have some pink variant figure in the line just to promote the charity of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    C. Say Mattel makes 5000 units, at $20 charity profit per item, it's still $100,000 donation. Nothing to sneeze at!
    I'm afraid you're forgetting the actual cost of producing the figures. They definitely don't cost $0 to produce.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I'd be up for this and I'd buy one for the cause. I don't really want anything pink though and after watching NFL football this week and thinking something was wrong with my HDTV because everyone was wearing so much pink, I'm not sure I want a pink figure. Maybe a special figure with a pink ribbon sticker.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    As long as we don't see a Testicular Cancer awareness Orko I'm OKwith certain "charity" figures.
    I'm just sick to death about all of these cancer charities when they don't make a difference. All they do is help some greedy disgusting corporation serach for a cure to something so they can mass market it when they do and make people pay $1000000000000000000000 for it, and if they cannot afford it, tell them to just go and die in someone else's lap. I mean can you honestly think there is a single doctor or corporation out there that would be willing to give someone the cure to a cancer for free?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I'm afraid you're forgetting the actual cost of producing the figures. They definitely don't cost $0 to produce.
    Actually, when I wrote that I was thinking of a $60 pink Sorceress-Teela 2-pak, with $40 Mattel production cost leaving $20 charity profit. My bad that I didn't spell it out but it was a flow on in my mind from earlier posts. If only you were all mind readers

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    If it were just some random SDCC exclusive I wouldn't care. I'm sure the pending POP additions to the line will add enough pastels and pink to the mix to make your shelves look like Easter all year round(especially if Catra and such are based on their toys with little Filmation influence). I would only want this if it were supporting such a cause and I think it would help sell the piece. But I also believe it should be sold as a more general-release item, make more of them and restrict quantities to 2 at max, cut out the online retailers who buy just to resell, or better yet, actual stores.

The idea of online resellers buying these in droves just to hawk for a profit doesn't sit with me if it were done for charity. Mattel would get the initial money from sales but most people who tried to buy afterwards would be paying a markup and there would be none of that money going to the charity in question.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    As long as we don't see a Testicular Cancer awareness Orko I'm OKwith certain "charity" figures.
    It would make more sense to have an Adam/He-Man pack for Testicular Cancer. Because of all those times Adam becomes He-Man he's gotten Testicular Cancer. (you know cuz each time Adam becomes He-Man he gets bigger & when he changes back he gets smaller).

I am all-around down with this idea!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

I would be up for this 2-pack, but I don't think Teela and Sorceress should be in pink. They should simply have bare breasts to show that they are proud of them.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I would be up for this 2-pack, but I don't think Teela and Sorceress should be in pink. They should simply have bare breasts to show that they are proud of them.
    EXACTLY!!!!!, Go topless for breast cancer, & show the world what they'll be missing.
    Does Galactus fart?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm all for this and would buy it in a heartbeat!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

sounds good to me

I LOVE this idea! The fact that there are valid, pink representations of the two characters in the mini-comics already makes it practically a no-brainer. Mattel, seize this opportunity!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm up for this.
    Pink Teela and Sorceress aren't exactly must haves for me, but if it's for charity, then sure, count me in.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Only if there will be a prostate cancer awareness 2 pack too!
    One of the biggest risks out there guys, especially our (filmation generation) age.
    Check your balls! Seriously, no kidding!
    http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/Prostat...key-statistics

So I would like the butch blue vest Adam from the comic and... dunno... something blue.

Oh, and I am all for this 2 pack too. I actually had chest surgery 6 months ago (as a guy) removing lumps. My mom is a survivor and I was at risk. Everything was negative but it was a ****** operation
    I have some horrible pictures and one nipple looks crappy.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm just sick to death about all of these cancer charities when they don't make a difference. All they do is help some greedy disgusting corporation serach for a cure to something so they can mass market it when they do and make people pay $1000000000000000000000 for it, and if they cannot afford it, tell them to just go and die in someone else's lap. I mean can you honestly think there is a single doctor or corporation out there that would be willing to give someone the cure to a cancer for free?

Good to see the wool hasn't been pulled over your eyes.

The drug DCA has been around for DECADES. DCA has been shown time and again to destroy cancer cells leaving all healthy cells undamaged!

Because DCA is an old drug, there is no exclusivity on it, which means no profit for drug companies. Therefore, to the drug industry and its friend, mass media, it doesn't exist.

Donations are a business making scheme. Curing cancer would end this cash cow. Endless research that leads to nothing but more research and request for donations while people continue to die.

That said, I am all for a Sorceress/Teela DCA cures Cancer awareness pack.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Iīm not exactly sure what either Teela or Sorceress would have to do with breast cancer, but I see both pink variants, including Zoar, as a beautiful giftset. Have it include a hardcover reprint of the minicomics they appeared in and itīs an awesome seller for sure.
    Iīd definetly get 2 and maybe a third one for our daughter to play with. And I would even pay a little more (a LITTLE! Mattel, donīt get dollarsigns in your eyes!) if it supports a good cause.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    ... And I would even pay a little more (a LITTLE! Mattel, donīt get dollarsigns in your eyes!) ...

This comment made my day!

I think it's a great idea! I would buy a 2-pak
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721