4 6.15%
  • Fisto

0 0%
  • Buzz-Off

10 15.38%
  • Other

17 26.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which character would be better served with their 2002 mold in the MOTUC

Which character would be better served with their 2002 mold in the MOTUC

In the near future we will undoubtedly be seeing the Classics version of some of the more popular secondary figures like, Spikor, Clawful, Stinkor, Grizzlor, the Sorceress, and while some of these never made it to the 2002 line, those that did, arguably benefitted greatly. (I'm including the stactions as well.) But since this is the classics, the feeling is that these figures will be updated versions of the original. SO here's the question, which figure would be better served by the 2002 mold over the original?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Any character.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for Webstor, but I'm with Adam: POE.

i chose webstor. but I agree that every charactor is going to benfit from the classic line. I cant wait to see what the other are going to look like

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I chose other, because you didn't add the characters that truly, truly gained from the 4H's redesigning. :\

Snout Spout, Moss Man, and perhaps above all, Clamp Champ.

I only slightly liked Clamp back in the day, but now I'm a real fan! He's got probably the best redesign of all of them. He's a g*ddamn super-soldier now!

Co-Creator of the NV
    All of them.

I think a ew of you misunderstand me, I realize all of the figs will look great as Classics, but some, like Snout Spout, or Stinkor, or Clamp Champ had two versions: The classic version('80's) and the 2002 version. My question is, which character would be better served by using the 2002 version as the template for the classic?

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    I think a ew of you misunderstand me, I realize all of the figs will look great as Classics, but some, like Snout Spout, or Stinkor, or Clamp Champ had two versions: The classic version('80's) and the 2002 version. My question is, which character would be better served by using the 2002 version as the template for the classic?
    Can't speak for the others, but that's exactly what I thought you meant. And I said "all of them" because I cannot think of any characters that weren't improved on, at least not off the top of my head.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    That's precisely what I thought as well!

I voted Clawful. I never really loved the original, but the 4HM made him look awesome! Really though, I hope that 200X has HEAVY influence on not only his MOTUC, but also for Buzz-Off, Whiplash, Webstor, Jitsu, Adam, all of the Horde, Stinkor (gas tanks!), and even Fisto (but he needs that big hnkin' sword along with his Trike-styled sword!).
    I also want desperately to see MYP versions of Moss Man, Marzo and Faceless One, (though I admit I vastly prefer Filmation's Evilseed).
    I love the vintage stuff to death, but the 4HM & MYP did an amazing job with some of these guys. I want that carried into Classics with that special style we have going.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I too would like to see nearly all of the 200x designs integrated into the line in some way, but not necessarily at the expense of the vintage versions. I voted for Spikor because we never got him, and the 4H design was a huge improvement over the original. However, of the figures listed that we DID recieve, Clawful was arguably the biggest improvement over the original from the 200x line. I'd say of all the 200x designs Snout Spout was hands down the biggest improvement, but it still wasn't enough to make me like the character.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

I wish they continue designing all figures very close to the vintage style, and then spice them up with 200X weapons and extra heads!

In the voting I voted on others ... Jitsu's staction is - for me - the most perfect re-design..!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I personally want all the figures to resemble the 80's characters but the one character that I wouldn't mind they made to look more like the 200x version it would be Adam. The original was just HE-man repainted and given a new wardrobe. I think he needs to be less muscular to make his He man transformation that much more dramatic.

Heroic Warrior
    Gotta cast my vote for M'Boy Hordak.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    i'd say all of them. anything that's improved over the 80's versions is welcome in my view.

i don't want every figure to look just like the 80's designs done all over again. they might have looked ok in the 80's, but not so much now.

For me, I'd have to say I really want Webstor to be heavilly based on his 200x design. The extra limbs make a world of difference to me & add so much to an otherwise very bland design. I really DON'T want a Webstor that's just a reused Skeletor with diff head & armor...for the price these figures are, he'd better be more than that.

Also Stinkor, & Clawful as well should borrow heavilly on their 200x design. and especially Prince Adam...the 80's verion looked bad imo, 200x version all the way for him.

the only character whose 80's design i do want is the Sorceress, because i very much disliked the 200x version.

200x Snout spout was amazing imo, i hope they make that version in figure form some day, an outstanding design...i like him, one of my fave vintage figures; built to last unlike alot of the others.

Spikor would have been cool to see in 200x form...just to see how he would have looked in the 4hm's vision. too bad we never got to see that.

i think it should really depend on the character though...some of the 200x designs were very good, & others were too much over the top, like jitsu & Sorceress imo. i think they can have a good mix of both, while keeping the characters recognizable, yet unique from one another.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    All of them except for Mer-Man (the MOTUC version is perfection as far as I'm concerned), Teela (she needs to be a woman and not a child, but I did like that they gave her a sword) and arguably Battle Cat (I like both looks actually, but I really like 200X's massive size).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Sorceress. Her costume is completely different, and I prefer the 200X version to the 80s feathered look.

Movie mayhem!
    why is spikor in this poll we never got him

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    All of them.
    nice.

seconded!

hopefully none ...... yet!

I would like to see the first edition of each figure remain true to the vintage line except for the addition of extra heads. I would be happy to purchase a second of each figure updated to the 200x standards after a classic release first. Perhaps released as a bonus figure on any given month, aside from a minor charecterrelease, it would be a way for mattel to keep core charecters out on a more regular basis. As much as I enjoyed the 200x series ( I own them all), I would really like to keep these vintage.... for now.
    Bring on the Snake Armor!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I voted other.
    To me Roboto should be the only character that should keep it's 200x design.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Any character.
    I agree.

PLEASE definately not stactionized Grizzlor.

I wouldn't say Fisto, just because to me, the 200x fist wasn't an improvement

Webstor 200x was damn smooth but I think he should have two heads (that way I can still get my custom fix with the extra head)

Clawful is a good candidate but only because of sheer size. I'm interested though to see what they do with his armor...so nay for me on him at the moment

An other could be Scare Glow but let's face it, he would be kewl in both vintage version & 200x version (wait...that just pretty much ruled him out didn't it)

I gotta go with other, being Whiplash because the vintage version just looks way to dorky IMO
    Awesome sticker not included!™

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent Parker View Post
    PLEASE definately not stactionized Grizzlor.

I wouldn't say Fisto, just because to me, the 200x fist wasn't an improvement
    Everything else though, is fantastic. I love the Norse elements.

personally, I like the big fist, but I wouldn't be against an amalgamation of the 200x look for MOTUC. Mostly the headband would do the trick.

I voted "other" which should be interpreted as all of them. I know the tooling dollars aren't there, but I would like to see figures such as Clawful, Whiplash, and Tongue Lashor be larger than the other figures.