Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could illumina be Keldors mother

Could illumina be Keldors mother

After reading this I was wondering if there was a connection to Illumina and Keldor.

Infinitia:
    Infinitia was the planet which, along with Eternia, kept the universe in balance. The two planets, as well as the Overlords of the Timeless Dimension, are the only things that exist in all realities.....

During the first of the Great Wars Infinitia was destroyed as a result of Nordor’s (Horde Prime’s) treachery—it was corrupted and its life force forever drained. This resulted in the planet losing its orbit and becoming lost in space, thus tipping the balance of the universe itself.

The blue-skinned natives of Infinitia were known as the Gar, and those Gar that survived Infinitia’s destruction came to Eternia. Both Keldor (on his mother’s side) and Illumina were descendants of these Infinitian refugees.

Eventually, Horde Prime, stripped of his physical body, rechristened the planet Horde World. From there, he controlled his evil army.
    Illumina:
    Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Fortunately, in addition to being a great strategist and possessing formidable fighting skills (especially with melee weapons), she has the power to control light and can even blind her opponents when those other talents are not enough. Prior to being caught on Dark Hemisphere she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded. Also, common misconception is that her mount is a descendant of the Battle Cats of old. In fact, her white-furred companion is an entirely different species that is genetically closer to the blood-thirsty Panthor.

It was in the we want illumina thread.

Could there really be a connection. And isn't funny how both there steads are from the same evil breed.

Maybe something happened so bad that made Illumina run away from Miro and turn black hearted and evil.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

My only comment here was that my surprise and dislike (in RGD 021) for Miro in the MOTUC bios coming across as potentially racist is because he obviously cared for and was involved with a Gar woman.

I also wasn't sure he was going to have an affair, so much as just being involved with a woman before Marlena.
    Emiliano remarked he may have had an affair, but I'm not down with that myself. But we also didn't iron out that part of the story because we were waiting to see how MYP laid it out.
    We were at their mercy on that one.

All of that still leaves room for Miro to be a good, or at least decent, guy.

I disagree with Eamon's view that Miro being flawed is reason for Randor to step up to the plate. If anything, I see that as being someone who instills negative values in Randor.
    That doesn't mean Miro can't have flaws, but I don't see him doing anything horrible like being racist or cheating on his wife.
    So instead, I viewed Miro as a good person who raised his son right, thus allowing Randor to go on to be one of the most noble leaders in Eternia.

can Illumina possibly be Keldor's mother...I see no real problems with it

as for the Miro - Gar thing...just chalk it up to yet another plot hole
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I guess we'll just have to see what Emiliano's take on this would be. 'Cause didn't he create Illumina? Or at least him & Val? Val seems to kinda like the idea.
    Does Galactus fart?

I don't think you meant to include Marlena in there - Miro cheating on Marlena?????
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't see how she could be. She is too young to be their mother. Then again, Keldor is somehow able to be around when Evil-Lyn is a baby, so who knows.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

We've seen stranger things in motu. So why can't they be connected.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I don't think you meant to include Marlena in there - Miro cheating on Marlena?????
    Damn it, I did that in the podcast too and cut it out.
    I keep saying Marlena instinctively as the queen's name, even if she isn't Miro's wife.
    Sorry 'bout that.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Damn it, I did that in the podcast too and cut it out.
    I keep saying Marlena instinctively as the queen's name, even if she isn't Miro's wife.
    Sorry 'bout that.
    They seriously need to name Randor's mother...

Who's the Mommy???

And with Keldor as a Gar, I'd enjoy Illumina as his mother.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Then again, Keldor is somehow able to be around when Evil-Lyn is a baby, so who knows.
    But wasn't this explained, cause both him & Hordak, or someone, time travelled to when she was younger?
    Does Galactus fart?

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    But wasn't this explained, cause both him & Hordak, or someone, time travelled to when she was younger?
    Yes. Keldor traveled back to when she was an infant, and brought her forward in time.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    Nope.

It's Smurfette.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Nope.

It's Smurfette.
    She on my list too

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Val, I remember you and Emiliano saying specifically that Illumina wasn't Keldor's mother when fans speculated as much when we first saw her in the comics. Has something changed? The other theory (speculated about both Illumina and the Gar woman in the Council of Wisdom) was that she was Shokoti. Personally I think it's better if those are four separate Gar women though: Shokoti, Illumina, Keldor's Mother, and the Council of Wisdom woman.

I've seen the relationship between Miro and Keldor's mother as being a romance from his youth (Keldor's graying hair suggested he was a lot older than Randor). Events outside of Miro's control pitted him and the Elders' guards against Keldor's mother's family/people, which embittered her and forever severed their relationship. Years later, he married a human woman and sired Randor and his other siblings, so there was no cheating or extramarital affair but still hard feelings. I don't think MOTUC has really made Miro out to be a racist, but he may have given in to unjust public pressure. It's not clear if they mean for the Gars to deserve the distrust or not. I imagined that they did deserve it, but social unrest over the subject got out of hand. I think it's cool to have this level of complexity in MOTU, I just don't think you can go back to things being too simple again.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Val, I remember you and Emiliano saying specifically that Illumina wasn't Keldor's mother when fans speculated as much when we first saw her in the comics. Has something changed?
    I haven't commented on Brian's theory about Illumina being Keldor's mother.

Emiliano and I didn't always have the same idea for the story.
    But Illumina was more of Emiliano's baby, so I'm leaving the reply to him.

I think it's cool to have this level of complexity in MOTU, I just don't think you can go back to things being too simple again.
    You're talking about a plot device. That doesn't necessarily = complexity.
    No idea is too simple if handled well. Good stories are all about execution and character development, at least ones where you are supposed to care about the characters. And the flawed hero is one of a multitude of different scenarios you can use shape a character.

But Illumina was more of Emiliano's baby, so I'm leaving the reply to him.
    Gotcha. Sorry to put you on the spot!
    You're talking about a plot device. That doesn't necessarily = complexity.
    It seems like a complex plot device to me (or maybe sophisticated would be a better word) because it reveals a particular ambivalence (in the Eternians) that we didn't know about before. I guess Eternians were shown to be less than perfect before though, so maybe I'm the one who is simplifying things.
    No idea is too simple if handled well. Good stories are all about execution and character development, at least ones where you are supposed to care about the characters. And the flawed hero is one of a multitude of different scenarios you can use shape a character.
    I just mean that the racism against the Gar shouldn't be resolved too quickly or easily if it's ever addressed in a story outside of the bios. I have no idea how the bios themselves can or will develop it.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Yes. Keldor traveled back to when she was an infant, and brought her forward in time.
    When did they say that? The issue ended and none of this was stated.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    When did they say that? The issue ended and none of this was stated.
    I copied this from Telkan2 from the thread "MV Comics- collection info about the comic".

As an infant, the sorceress who would eventually call herself Evil-Lyn was kidnapped by the Snake Men. They used her as a means of blackmailing her father—the Lord of Zalesia—into releasing their god Serpos. With the three-headed destroyer looming over Zalesia, Evil-Lyn’s father traded her (and the Havoc Staff) to a time-traveling Keldor. Keldor returned to the future with both the child and the staff.

In the future, Keldor raised Evil-Lyn through her early childhood. At some point (perhaps around the age of 5), she was reunited with her real father (now the Faceless One).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I just mean that the racism against the Gar shouldn't be resolved too quickly or easily if it's ever addressed in a story outside of the bios. I have no idea how the bios themselves can or will develop it.
    Ahhhhh, okay. I follow ya.

I don't see Illumina being Keldor's mother, she's a Guardian of Grayskull and I'm pretty sure Emiliano has said before she's not.

Like gbagok I see the relationship between Miro and Keldor's mother a being one from Miro's youth, maybe even his first love, maybe even a secret love. I do not think he had an affair or one night stand sort of thing. Maybe Miro didn't even know she was pregnant when he left her. He also may have felt forced to leave her as he may have been expected to marry someone of nobility and with the racism/distrust of Gar's his relationship with Keldor's mother would may have brought great embarrassment and dishonor or whatever to his family.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Emilliano where are you......

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Emilliano where are you......
    I'm here
    Well, in the original concept she wasn't at all Keldor's mother or related to Keldor in any way.
    I can see why people may like the connection, but if you're asking me what I had in mind back then, the answer is that they have no connection.

Personally, I'd keep it that way.
    Just to not make too many characters related.
    And also because Keldor's mother is another character I wanted to explore deeply later on.

Racism against Gars would have played a role in the story, but not as a Miro's flaw.
    I wanted to create some complicated politcal scenario, wrapped around Miro's private life and duties, where he fell in love with this strong and awesome Gar woman.
    And their union could have been what woudl have brought peace between Eternians and Gars

But other forces didn't want that, and somehow sabotaged the relationship, creating a big scandal and forcing Miro to keep Keldor's mom away.
    I wanted to play Marzo into this, and have him being a sort of local governor that controlled the area where this gar woman lived with her people.
    And he was a bad guy, so probably something bad happened, and all the Gars were slaughtered upon Marzo's order.

Miro wasn't directly responsible for what happened, but somehow missed the opprortuinity to prevent it, and was held resposible by at least Keldor's mother.
    She became bitter and wanted revenge for her people and so educated her son so she could have revenge one day.

Illumina on the other hand would have been a very different character.
    Sort of the opposite of Keldor's mother. She started bad and turned out to be good and siding with the Guardians of Grayskull.

She might have the same age Keldor's mother would have (Gars age differently from Eternians)
    So, it's possible she was somehow involved in the events I described above.
    She was probably one of the most active anti-Eternians warriors in her race.
    And was completely against the Gar-Eternians integration.
    But, she changed her mind and growing older she adopted very different value and also wanted to make up for the bad things she might have done when she was young.

At the end, these two women made 2 very different journeys: one was the classical fall from the grace, that starts a lot of the future events (if things went differently, maybe Keldor wouldn't have turned evil)
    The second went through a journey of redemption.

To me it's very important knowing what the character path has been or will be. That's what define them!
    Wait for my super rant about that for Orko next week on RGD....

I really like that and it's better than having Illumina as Keldor's mother!

Not everyone on Eternia has to be related!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I really like that and it's better than having Illumina as Keldor's mother!

Not everyone on Eternia has to be related!
    I totally agree that not all key players should be related. But after reading that little segment I put at the top in the thread it got me wondering br they are the same person.

But Emiliano that was awesome info. I know you guys were gonna spill the On her. But this was great. Thanks.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    HAHA!!! Is this one of those sex paradoxes? Randor gets shot back into the not-too-distant past and becomes his own father? Or is Marlena shot back in time and the twins aren't actually Randor's but his father's; thus, making Adam and Adora Randor's siblings? It's beginning to sound like an Appalachian soap opera. This could quite possibly lead to He-Mophelia: the Most Powerful Inbred in the Universe.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"