Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could illumina be Keldors mother

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    But, she changed her mind and growing older she adopted very different value and also wanted to make up for the bad things she might have done when she was young.
    Just like Xena!

Thanks for the info Emiliano.

Telkan2 are you going to put this in the collected info thread? Cheers mate.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I have to admit that I was thinking that Illumina would fit fairly well as Keldors mother, ever since Emiliano revealed the first fussy details about her.

Prior to her creation I figured that a horrible semi-demonic witch like Shokoti would have been a suitable candidate as well.

I suppose the nature of Keldors mother depends on how you want to develop Keldors character, and ultimately the inner nature and motivations of Skeletor himself.

Do you want his mother to be good, or at least repentant? Then her relationship with Skeletor/Keldor would be highly complex, perhaps there would be a great deal of shame involved, for having a son that she ultimately failed miserably to raise into a good man.
    Keldors mother would then probably keep this a secret from everyone, never speaking about her son, and would perhaps ultimately even clash with Skeletor. Someone like Illumina would work in that case.

The second route would be a relationship wherein the bad values, and possible mental scarring and abuse, that eventually leads Keldor to become Skeletor, would have been something that he gained from a cold-hearted and sadistic mother. A terrible person like Shokoti, that only craves power, and sees her son as a means to ultimate power.
    In this relationship, the mother could have some form of twisted pride and liking of her son, that she would misinterpret as love. Keldor and Skeletor on the one hand, would have a more complex relationship to her, or may ultimately hate his mother with an unbelievable vengeance.

I see here that Emiliano had a different plan for Illumina than as the mother of Keldor, so it's possible he would have taken a different route all-together.

When it all comes down to it tho, the mother of Keldor could be one awesome and complex individual. And almost certainly a sorceress, because Keldor certainly didn't get his magical interest or talent from Miro.
    Last edited by Predabot; October 16, 2010 at 09:10am.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    When I first saw this post I thought to myself, Brian Ozone writes just like I do--awesome!.................

.................and then I realized that he was quoting me and I had written it! It's been a looooooong day apparently, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Just like Xena!
    Telkan2 are you going to put this in the collected info thread? Cheers mate.

I sure will be! I'm in the midst of a writing assignment for one of my classes at the moment, but as soon as I finish I'll turn my attention to updating the thread!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Illumina is as much Keldors mother as Dekker is Clamp Champs father!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    When I first saw this post I thought to myself, Brian Ozone writes just like I do--awesome!.................

.................and then I realized that he was quoting me and I had written it! It's been a looooooong day apparently, LOL!

I sure will be! I'm in the midst of a writing assignment for one of my classes at the moment, but as soon as I finish I'll turn my attention to updating the thread!
    Dont sue me for infridgement. I never said it's my words I just kinda forget to give you the credit.

Sorry bud!

But I did say what thread it was from.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Dont sue me for infridgement. I never said it's my words I just kinda forget to give you the credit.

Sorry bud!

But I did say what thread it was from.
    LOL! No worries, dude--I was just (Madame) Razzin' you.

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

LOL! No worries, dude--I was just (Madame) Razzin' you.
    Gotcha!!!

Mattel only have a few Eternian female characters left like the Sorceress, Queen Marlana, Teela-Na, Hawk, Delora & Queen Adrenos. I hope a few uniquely designed character that the 4H will come up with will be offered to become Keldors mother and randor's mother. These are the 2 female spots missing from all the cannons IMO. I hope they keep Illumina's story as close as possible to what has been established by Val & Emiliano, but I would not be against Illumina being named Keldors mother.

I would rather Keldors mother be a new character we don't really know anything about yet, the same for Randor's mother. I wrote a fan fic about Keldors mother years ago, naming her Kelara - high priestess of Shekotti. She was chosen by her people to marry Miro as a sign of union between the Gar & Eternian race, hoping to ease rising political tensions between their peoples, tensions that had been growing for centuries. The cival unrest dates back to when the Gar first sought sanctuary on Eternia when they knew Infinita was dieing. Kelara betrays Miro (who secretly loved another, think charles, Di & Camilla) attempting to sacrafice her young son Keldor to free the Goddess Shekotti, who would use Kelara's body as her vestle to walk upon eternia once more and restore the Gar to the glory they had known on Infinita.

But Miro stopes her before she can fully summon Shekotti, killing kelara infront of young Keldor to stop Shekotti's rebirth. However Shekotti transfers a small portion of her power into the young prince before she is once again banished back to the void. It was not enough power to be a threat to the current sorceress Kodac Ugnor who seals her back in the void, but enough to turn the small princes heart from the light, begining young Keldors obsession with the dark arts & his ultimate journey into darkness.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I've updated the entries for Illumina, Keldor's Mother and the rest with the info from this thread. Hopefully there's still more to come from Emiliano and Val!

[LIST][*]Illumina:

Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At one point in her life, Illumina was known as one of the strongest proponents of anti-Eternian sentiments amongst her fellow Gar. Accordingly, she was a fierce proponent against efforts to integrate the Eternian and Gar peoples. What remains unknown, however, is what (if any) role Illumina had in the ruination of Captain Miro’s planned union with the mother of Keldor and the subsequent Gar massacre instigated by Count Marzo and other segregationists. Whatever the cause, with age Illumina’s views changed and she eventually sought atonement and repentance past for misdeeds.

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Fortunately, in addition to being a great strategist and possessing formidable fighting skills (especially with melee weapons), she has the power to control light and can even blind her opponents when those other talents are not enough. Prior to being caught on Dark Hemisphere she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded. Also, a common misconception is that she is in some way related to Keldor; however, beyond their shared Gar heritage there is no connection between them. Similarly, many believe her mount to be a descendant of the Battle Cats of old, while, in fact, her white-furred companion is an entirely different species that is genetically closer to the blood-thirsty Panthor.

[*] Mother [Keldor]:

[INDENT]Keldor’s Mother was a strong and prominent female Gar (though not their leader) who attracted the attention of Miro. Eventually that attraction turned to love. Initially it was hoped that their union would alleviate the racial tension between the Eternians and the Gar, though other forces conspired to sabotage such hope.

Through the manipulations of Count Marzo and others like him, and the resultant scandals that arose, Miro was forced to distance himself from both mother and child. Shortly thereafter, many of the Gar were slaughtered (possibly under Marzo’s order).

Though Miro himself was innocent of any wrongdoing, Keldor’s Mother blamed him for not stopping the travesty. Sad, bitter, and in the name of revenge for the Gar, Keldor’s Mother raised Keldor to hate Miro and the Eternians.

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Heh.

I'd be extremely interested in seeing what kind of bio they would give a MOTUC Illumina, since Mattel rejected her whole backstory... And with Val and Emiliano not on the writing staff for MOTUC.

I've updated the entries for Illumina, Keldor's Mother and the rest with the info from this thread. Hopefully there's still more to come from Emiliano and Val!
    Thats great, thanks Telkan2.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Genocide, forbidden love, families torn apart - great ideas to build a terrific story from.

I wish all the bios were longer. In my eyes the whole back-side of the MOTUC-box could be dedicated to the character in question and to his/her/it bio.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

De nada, 13977!

I'm with you, Heidi! I'd rather have super-long bios as opposed to the cross-sell images on the back, especially since they tend to be of figures already released and not coming back anytime soon. (Of course, I respect those who want the cross-sell images as well--just stating my own personal taste.)

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Thanks for that background Emil.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    Ok. I'll be serious with this post (unlike my last one).

Finding out who ever, which ever female gar, is Keldor's mother would make for an interesting story/read.

It would solve a lot of answers to who/what Keldor is all about. And the King Miro/Gar woman angle.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Damn it, I did that in the podcast too and cut it out.
    I keep saying Marlena instinctively as the queen's name, even if she isn't Miro's wife.
    Sorry 'bout that.
    uk comics had Adam's paternal grandmother as Damsella. As for Illumina as Keldor's mother - that's a neat idea.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

As Keldor travels back in time (as Skeletor), he could be Illumina's father.

- - - Updated - - -

And then Illumina could be his mother in turn.

Very mythological, wouldn't you agree?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    As Keldor travels back in time (as Skeletor), he could be Illumina's father.

- - - Updated - - -

And then Illumina could be his mother in turn.

Very mythological, wouldn't you agree?
    Whoa. Better get Spector to fix something about that right away. Or maybe not.....

I'd prefer she wasn't that way. So maybe we can dilute the connections just a little this way...

BUT if anyone cared I would say that Illumina was actually Kedlor & Randor's Aunt...
    Being sister in law to Miro she moved with her sister to Eternos Palace where she became an Emissary for the Gar Race bringing with her technology and magics of the Gar as well as tutor a young Keldor (since he visual was more Gar than his brother Randor) the history of his people; since his mother spent her royal obligations with Miro, sometimes not having much time for her sons. But as she felt more comfortable she still felt the continued bigotry and discrimination at times from subjects and allies of Miro. She eventually was recruited by the Guardians of Grayskull due to her heritage and realization of the Prophecy of the twins assuming it was Keldor and Randor. But during the Great Unrest and the murder of her sister, Illumina became a enraged warrior seeking vengeance against her sister's murderer until she came to find out it was Keldor himself who plotted to kill both his parents and usurp the throne and claim his 'rightful' place as King of Eternos and crush anyone who opposed him. Horrified and conflicted by the discovery, Illumina unable kill Keldor vowed that while she lived she would do everything and anything to oppose him and his evil machinations, thus forcing her to sometimes take extreme measures in accomplishing her mission, such as allowing herself to be trapped on the Evil warriors side of the Wall once it was raised. During her conflicts with Skeletor behind the wall, she once was captured and revealed the secret of the "Battle Armor" which combined with the teachings of Hordak, Skeletor was able to penetrate the Wall briefly to escape and kidnap Adora....

While Skeletor was away Illumina managed to escape her captors disappearing into the Dark Hemisphere to recuperate and plan her next move....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Wow, we dusted off this oldie? Cool!

I actually quite like the idea of Illumina being Keldor's momma. I know it's different from her original intent, but at the same time, I think giving her such an important role in the mythology would be a great nod to Val and Emiliano.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!