Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will the next reveals happen?

When will the next reveals happen?

With Power Con being cancelled, when do we expect to see more figures? Will they be at NYCC? Or is Toy Fair the next big con they are doing? I would like to get at least one full reveal in each of the following months since we won't have PC reveals this year sadly.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year vs last. Last year, but November we knew up through August what we were getting (Flutterina and NA Skeletor), and then had no reveals again until February. It would be agonizing if we had to wait from SDCC until Toy Fair, which is still almost 6 months away at this point. Surely they'll do some reveals between now and then, but how they will do it, I'm not sure.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens this year vs last. Last year, but November we knew up through August what we were getting (Flutterina and NA Skeletor), and then had no reveals again until February. It would be agonizing if we had to wait from SDCC until Toy Fair, which is still almost 6 months away at this point. Surely they'll do some reveals between now and then, but how they will do it, I'm not sure.
    Maybe not, given that there may be surprises, but few mysteries as to what's coming.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

I remember Toyguru said before Power Con was canceled that they are not there but they try to reveal same like last year around the Power Con date...not sure but I think something like this he said.
    Last year we saw Scorpia, Blade and Battle Lion

I thought there was a convention next month in New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    There's NYCC in October (I'm going) but I thought I heard Matty wouldn't be there?
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    The New York Comic Con is in October. Not sure Mattel will be there. I think they said no.

Maybe they'll surprise us and show up with a couple of cool reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    The New York Comic Con is in October. Not sure Mattel will be there. I think they said no.
    Apparently no Power Con and no NYCC appearance, but (as others have said) hopefully they will take those time slots to reveal things via the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Maybe not, given that there may be surprises, but few mysteries as to what's coming.
    I believe the "surprises" Scott referenced are meant to cover things outside of vintage, like the SA He-man/King Hissss 2-pack. Rather than meant to imply that they are going to keep certain things secret until the very moment they drop-- like they attempted to do with the Unnamed One.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Apparently no Power Con and no NYCC appearance, but (as others have said) hopefully they will take those time slots to reveal things via the interwebs.

I believe the "surprises" Scott referenced are meant to cover things outside of vintage, like the SA He-man/King Hissss 2-pack. Rather than meant to imply that they are going to keep certain things secret until the very moment they drop-- like they attempted to do with the Unnamed One.
    There has been talk of more out of sub releases than any other year, so who knows?

They've pretty much let Angella out of the bag…and Multibot as well…hopefully we'll get some nice, official images of those two soon.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    There has been talk of more out of sub releases than any other year, so who knows?
    Could very well be. I don't purport to have any special insight on that.

Maybe Mattel will be at Stan Lee's Comikaze expo again this year Oct 31st - Nov. 2nd. Flutterina and NA Skeletor were revealed there last year.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Maybe the 4H will be at NYCC this year?

Heroic Warrior
    I read that they where going to let the Four Horsemen do some of the reveals at Power Con, but with it canceled I am not sure how they will do it.

Now that the sub is through and 2015 is green lighted, the 4H need to get their butts in gear and get those figures done! No holidays or time off until they are all sculpted!!

I guess it all just depends on when the figures are ready. With a potential 2016 going a different direction (if it is even planned) they won't need reveals to help set up the next year. Other than some legal BS, we should realistically know the line-up now. Lets get this done Scott. Reveal names.

Heroic Warrior
    I think we're due a "We did it" video by Scott after Labor day, hopefully with a proper reveal of Angella and some details of what to expect in 2015 (mini-subs, out of sub bonus items).

Cyber Monday/Thanksgiving would be another good time for a reveal... maybe let us know what the Chase item will be for '15?

I'd guess that subscribers would get an exclusive email with the reveals on the days that PowerCon was going to happen, as well as during NYCC, like previous years. The only difference is that Mattel won't be manning a booth this time. Hopefully, that doesn't stop them from doing their regular set of reveals...I'm excited to see Queen Angella and the next set of figures!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

I believe Scott said that Mattel would not be at NYCC or Comikaze this year. Hopefully they will do some digital (forums/Facebook/email) reveals around the time of those 2 conventions as well as the time Power Con would have happened.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I need my fix!

I wish Catra's Wrath would stop answering this question and let Toy Guru gives us an answer. Up until June they were planning reveals for Power Con so hopefully they are still on track.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Widget
    I hope when they do release photos of the new reveals, they have them from all directions/angles - especially for Angella. I'm really anxious to see what the back of her hair looks like.

I'm really hoping for a long braid in the back. That way, fans who want a short bob (which I really don't think is what Filmation was trying to convey) will be happy when viewing their figure from the front on the shelf, but those of us who want the braid will know that it's there. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I wish Catra's Wrath would stop answering this question and let Toy Guru gives us an answer. Up until June they were planning reveals for Power Con so hopefully they are still on track.
    Thank you. ---^ I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who finds answers- for all but the most banal questions- from Catra to be annoying. They are well-meaning of course- and I mean no direct offense to Catra- but having questions answered from a non-insider always feels lame somehow. I'd almost rather there be no answer than copious responses from Catra on the Matty Forum.

What's the big rush for reveals? For 2015 there are no surprises - we already know who's coming, just not the order. This is the main reason why I'm relieved that the sub went through, because now we can look forward to 2016, which will be completely unpredictable again and bring back some excitement to the line with all the vintage characters used up!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    What's the big rush for reveals? For 2015 there are no surprises - we already know who's coming, just not the order. This is the main reason why I'm relieved that the sub went through, because now we can look forward to 2016, which will be completely unpredictable again and bring back some excitement to the line with all the vintage characters used up!
    We all know itīs not (that much) about WHO is coming this year but still itīs HOW will they look like that is still unknown and thatīs very interesting so i canīt wait to find out as soon as possible
    Last edited by Niki; August 28, 2014 at 04:13pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither