Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What surprise characters will appear int the 2015 mini-comics?

What surprise characters will appear int the 2015 mini-comics?

Start your guesses here,

I think we will see:

Dakon
    Rana
    Andra (rumored to be one of the children shown in The Secret Origin of Skeletor)
    Hawke
    Last edited by danielsan52; November 2, 2014 at 07:55pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I am hoping for he-ro era characters

Kayla
    Airbag
    Forklift
    Craven the bird

Missle toe
    saw tooth
    ever mean
    slob boar
    bug eye
    odar

Andros from the first episode of NA Heman
    Character like vultak, false face, dymalug
    Ka, Gaz, and Caz

- - - Updated - - -

tufos the new leader of the avion people as well

I hope I'm VERY VERY WRONG, but I assume Scott will have his SON Of He-Man crap front & center! No offense Facet, but I also HATE those SoH designs too! I would love to see Facet's bottom portion tho, as HORDE members Vultak, False Face w/ added/removable horde emblem/symbol, Dylamug, & also ADD Granita, Major Blast & Admiral Scurvy (could be made on the new slimmer Modulok Buck) w/ his Cat w/ the eye-patch would be AWESOME! Oh & kill Despera so She-Ra can return to be a Heroine again please.

*Also bring back our beloved childhood favs like: MAA, Hordak, Mer-Man, Stratos, ect.

*You don't KILL OFF characters in a childhood Nostalgia based toy-line/franchise!

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I am hoping for he-ro era characters

Kayla
    Airbag
    Forklift
    Craven the bird

Missle toe
    saw tooth
    ever mean
    slob boar
    bug eye
    odar
    I'm still confused as to the possibility of these characters in MOTUC...is it that Mattel currently does not have the rights to produce the Filmation SoH characters, or rather that they do not factor into MOTuC's SoH cannon as it is based on the earlier Mattel SoH concept (that eventually evolved into New Adventures)? Apologies if this is a little off topic, but if anyone knows or can clarify this I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    I hope I'm VERY VERY WRONG, but I assume Scott will have his SON Of He-Man crap front & center! No offense Facet, but I also HATE those SoH designs too! I would love to see Facet's bottom portion tho, as HORDE members Vultak, False Face w/ added/removable horde emblem/symbol, Dylamug, & also ADD Granita, Major Blast & Admiral Scurvy (could be made on the new slimmer Modulok Buck) w/ his Cat w/ the eye-patch would be AWESOME! Oh & kill Despera so She-Ra can return to be a Heroine again please.

*Also bring back our beloved childhood favs like: MAA, Hordak, Mer-Man, Stratos, ect.

*You don't KILL OFF characters in a childhood Nostalgia based toy-line/franchise!
    Well said I agree. I too hate the idea of classic childhood characters being killed off. And since Scott is gone from the company they probably can be brought back .
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Loos (the blind boy from the episode "Not So Blind")
    Kothos (evil magician from the episodes "The Witch and the Warrior" and "Revenge is Never Sweet")
    Tic and Toc (the two-headed mage from the episode "Orko's Missing Magic")
    Magestra (one of Evil-Lyn's disguises, seen in one of the very first episodes of the vintage cartoon! "The Shaping Staff").

I'd love to see Uncle Montork and Dree-elle, Kothos, Procrustus and Karg! The 4-armed Obelisk warrior would also be cool, as well as Sybiline.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm excited to see MOTUC's SoH era and all the characters therein. I have no desire to see characters who have passed in the story be brought back just for the sake of...what exactly? Unless it works in the story somehow, like idk having an ascended Sorceress (200x look) return for some specific purpose or whatever. We already have several characters who have traveled to the SoH era from the past (Gwildor, Evil-Lyn, Laser-Lot, etc.). I don't need mortal characters like Stratos, Duncan and Mer-Man running around when their stories in MOTUC have clearly ended. I don't need to see those characters live forever in a story that has established long progressions of time because these characters aren't immortal, and I know what happens with the passage of time. I knew this as a child. I understood that when it happened in Transformers, G.I. Joe, various Disney movies, Marvel and DC Comics, Star Wars, etc. But I'm not a child watching these characters being killed off in a Filmation episode, I'm an adult following a take on MOTU in an adult collector line. I understand some haven't liked the way character deaths have been portrayed in MOTUC (or much of the story in MOTUC) and would have preferred their deaths not have been mentioned at all. But that's not what happened in MOTUC. Going out of the way to bring Mekaneck back doesn't just detract from the narrative at this point, it doesn't make any sense.
    MOTU Signature Must Haves: Karg, Guerrer-Or, Granita, Dylamug, Vultak, Colonel Blast, Lord Masque, Darius, Sagitar, Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Tay-Lor the Ancient, Scheim-Or the Ancient

You don't KILL OFF characters in a childhood Nostalgia based toy-line/franchise!
    I wasn't aware of any rules or laws like that.

I think I, Harbinger made a lot of good points.

My advice is not to get too hung up on a character death. Plus in terms of audience reach, the MOTUC story was part of a niche toy line that only reached thousands of people (not even tens of thousands). No matter if a person likes the MOTUC story or not, it's going to have little impact on the next toy line, or next cartoon, or new movie. MOTUC is it's own thing and, to paraphrase Scott, a person can ignore the story.

Mattel has invested time and money into these characters and will continue to want to get their mileage out of them, especially any core character that's been around for 30+ years. Characters that die just keep coming back. Comic books are the best example of this. And any character that died off in the MOTUC canon is no exception. They'll be back again and again if Mattel can help it.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

I, Harbinger....you are right that it would not make sense to bring everyone back in the 2015 MOTUC comics.....& that won't happen since these are still SCOTT's comics/Story.

That's why I hope 2016 brings us 2016 MOTUC that has NOTHING to do w/ any SoH incarnation & I hope is a more general MOTU telling that can incorporate other eras without having to "finish" the era precededing it. But that's the beauty of this kind of Universe, time & events can be altered &/or changed through many means including magic.

- - - Updated - - -

JVS, I TOTALLY AGREE lol! Just wanted to say I was typing my last post at the same time you posted yours & You said it perfectly!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think we will see several new characters. The point of the mini comics is to essentially create excitement for characters and sell toys. I think we will see Skeleteen and several new minions.

Maybe we will get some glimpses of some old characters. It would be cool to see Jitsu in charge of Snake Mountain and who is still with him.
    We were specifically told that Dare would not be in 2014-2015, see the words straight from Scott here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...808#9101046808

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    I'm excited to see MOTUC's SoH era and all the characters therein. I have no desire to see characters who have passed in the story be brought back just for the sake of...what exactly? Unless it works in the story somehow, like idk having an ascended Sorceress (200x look) return for some specific purpose or whatever. We already have several characters who have traveled to the SoH era from the past (Gwildor, Evil-Lyn, Laser-Lot, etc.). I don't need mortal characters like Stratos, Duncan and Mer-Man running around when their stories in MOTUC have clearly ended. I don't need to see those characters live forever in a story that has established long progressions of time because these characters aren't immortal, and I know what happens with the passage of time. I knew this as a child. I understood that when it happened in Transformers, G.I. Joe, various Disney movies, Marvel and DC Comics, Star Wars, etc. But I'm not a child watching these characters being killed off in a Filmation episode, I'm an adult following a take on MOTU in an adult collector line. I understand some haven't liked the way character deaths have been portrayed in MOTUC (or much of the story in MOTUC) and would have preferred their deaths not have been mentioned at all. But that's not what happened in MOTUC. Going out of the way to bring Mekaneck back doesn't just detract from the narrative at this point, it doesn't make any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I wasn't aware of any rules or laws like that.

I think I, Harbinger made a lot of good points.

My advice is not to get too hung up on a character death. Plus in terms of audience reach, the MOTUC story was part of a niche toy line that only reached thousands of people (not even tens of thousands). No matter if a person likes the MOTUC story or not, it's going to have little impact on the next toy line, or next cartoon, or new movie. MOTUC is it's own thing and, to paraphrase Scott, a person can ignore the story.

Mattel has invested time and money into these characters and will continue to want to get their mileage out of them, especially any core character that's been around for 30+ years. Characters that die just keep coming back. Comic books are the best example of this. And any character that died off in the MOTUC canon is no exception. They'll be back again and again if Mattel can help it.
    "LIKE"

Well stated, gentlemen!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I think we will see several new characters. The point of the mini comics is to essentially create excitement for characters and sell toys. I think we will see Skeleteen and several new minions.

Maybe we will get some glimpses of some old characters. It would be cool to see Jitsu in charge of Snake Mountain and who is still with him.
    I'd love to see who is with Jitsu. Maybe he'll be named Lord Jitsu or something along that.

I'd very much like to see Filmation characters as well like Icer, Granita, Vultak, Batros, Lizard Man... I like it when animated characters appear in other media, it makes the various MOTU characters more interconnected.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: King Miro / Hawke / Dakon / Delora
    Evil: Evilseed / Lodar
    POP: King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian / Crita

Heroic Warrior
    The surprise characters that i would like to see:

Hordak
    Skeletor (not the DC Juggernaut version)
    Evil-Lyn
    King Hssss
    The Horde
    The Snake Men
    Mer-Man
    Clawful
    Whiplash
    Mekeneck
    Man At Arms
    Teela'Na
    He-Man and She-Ra as we know them, not the Despara and (the terrible) Beowulf versions
    Flogg and the Denebrians
    Hydron and the Galactic Protectors

a.k.a every character that Mattel wants to put forever on ice, for bringing us instead Spector, Laser-Lot, the Uninterested One, NA He-Man version 2.0, and the biker-mohawk Skeletor.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    What surprise characters will appear int the 2015 mini-comics?
    Pookie! As the counterpart to the Unnamed One, he would be the ultimate good that brought about and bestowed upon the Trollans their power.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I suspect some of the Create a Character entries will be used as new characters, especially in crowd scenes.

Waldo
    Snarf
    Marty Mcfly
    Stewie and Brian
    Frodo and Sam
    Cory Feldman

Definitely Filmation characters. I noticed Scorpia on the cover of an upcoming DC book - that thrilled me in an excitable child-like way. I'd *love* to see Hunga, Granita or Madame Razz appear...but if we see anyone from Filmation it's likely to be Lizard Man.

If the comics venture into NA territory, there's the smallest of chances we could see Crita I guess...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Tell that to Michel Bay with the Transformers movies.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of killing off characters to make it seem "darker".

Well lets look at DC for example every original member of the Justice League has been killed off at some point Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Flash (Barry Allen), Aquaman, Martian Manhunter as well as GreenArrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Firestorm and how many others but they have all came back.
    Last edited by bribri4u; November 3, 2014 at 09:07pm.
    Most Wanted Crita, Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, and Negator.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I'd love to see who is with Jitsu. Maybe he'll be named Lord Jitsu or something along that.

I'd very much like to see Filmation characters as well like Icer, Granita, Vultak, Batros, Lizard Man... I like it when animated characters appear in other media, it makes the various MOTU characters more interconnected.
    Me too. Im very curious about the whole Jitsu reign.

I am fairly certAin that only Mattel owned characters can appear so this excludes Filmation.

Having said that, how cool would it be if Mattel's SunSpell and MoonMystic appeared?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post

this.

I would also like to see who are the masters of the universe that joined the galactic protectors as stated in scotts bios. I did this very question to scott himself in the askmatty thread and he answered by the same 'keep reading the bios...'. well, unless this is somehow shown in the future mini-comics, Im more than convinced that is gonne be another scott's bios mistery...
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Tug-O-Wahrr (the yellow guy from the vintage mini comic - why else would they trademark that name?)
    A Want List of Sorts: Saurod, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Veena, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I think the Bibbets are a pretty safe bet.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!