Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfuma in MOTUC

Perfuma in MOTUC

Use this thread to discuss Perfuma in MOTUC.

Perfuma's a character that divides the MOTU fanbase. POP fans through and through like her because she was created as a figure in the 80s and was the star of one of the funniest She-Ra episodes. Those opposed tend not to like her because she's a very 'girly' character and the episode in question ridicules Hordak. But what do you think and how could Perfuma be introduced into the world of MOTUC to make her more authentic in the context of MOTUC's maturity? What changes could the 4HM make to her design?

...do there even need to be changes?!

Personally, I see Perfuma as an Eco-warrior of sorts, concerned for the wellbeing of her planet and therefore choosing to channel her magic to solely benefit the Etherian environment and wildlife. Not entirely sure of her background, but this is just for starters!

Share!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i always considered her like a dryad: a gentle and joyful nymph of the woods, but with no mercy for every threaten to woods creatures.

that said, i'd like to merge the easy going characterization from filmation with your idea of an eco-warrior, in a almost "schizoid" perfuma: a sweet young girl imbued with a kinda nature wrath that she unleashes to protect the environment.

I like the you design and the toon characterization. She's a hippy of sorts but she's clearly pretty powerful in that she has powers that are very similar to Moss Man's.

I imagine a batallion of troopers ready to recapture a rebel village, and Perfuma starts dancing around and there are 500 tons of thorny rose bushes suddenly under, and over, and around the batallion.

Flowers for Hord-I-kins.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Gbagok did a quite nice redesign of her in one of the challenges. That being said, I imagine she's down at the bottom of all the PoP figures Mattel will do...

Heroic Warrior
    I adore her, though couldn't stand the Filmation voice it totally gave me a headache. I don't think she needs changes and will be displeased if she has any that makes her more masculine-its totally contrary to the character imo. She looks like a beautiful woman, and makes the other ladies look like dudes in comparison in my MOTU-verse. She wouldn't be an 'amazon' if I were designing her. I envision her as a drop dead gorgeous lady/goddess type but like Mossy, isn't the first in battle unless the planet is under some direct threat or her help is requested. That's the only thing I'm not crazy about because I'd like her to be around more but what can you do.

I want her more than most of the other characters and think she rocks. LOVE HER!!!

complete do-over if they make this one.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

well, i'd love if she looked like elora (kristanna loken!) in "in the name of the king":

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.co...iege_tale5.jpg

...but, i know well she wouldn't be the same character!

As someone whose most wanted list of Masters Classics is almost entirely POP figures, I have to say that Perfuma is my least wanted POP character. I didn't have the figure as a child, I've yet to see the Filmation episode you mention that focuses on her and I just feel she looks a little too much like Peaches and Cream Barbie (or some similar Barbie). Perfuma, then Flutternina and Sweet Bee are my three least favorite POPs. I LOVE all of the other characters, just not these three. (Edit: after some thinking, I'll further clarify my love by saying that I am indifferent to Double Trouble and Spinerella as well but still look forward to their figures eventually)
    Last edited by urbanmyth; October 15, 2010 at 12:05pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I really like Gbagok's redesign. Especially the bare feet...makes her more Fey-like.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I really like Gbagok's redesign. Especially the bare feet...makes her more Fey-like.
    Now those are changes I can deal with! I adore her!!

I want her to look like the style guide, but with the bracelets from the vintage figure. I don't think she needs to be a warrior. Queen Marlena is going to come in her green dress, I'm sure of it - and not EVERY character in this line has to be a hardened fighter. Orko certainly isn't. Perfuma brings a wonderful variety to the characters. Diversity is GOOD.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

gbagok's art is great (as always)!

that's emiliano's motuc vision:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=5978
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; October 15, 2010 at 11:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    complete do-over if they make this one.
    I'm voting this way too. That Filmation episode was terrible. Gbagok's design would work wonders for the character! And an entire overhaul for Perfuma making her mystical and interesting and non annoying.

Hordak will thank you.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I always saw Perfuma as a playful nymph, the least serious in appearance and mannerisms of the Rebellion, but can be a formidable opponent in the right situations. I'd like to see her mostly stick to the style guide design, but also some new elements added to her; gbagok's barefoot design is a nice update, and I'd love to see something like that.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    ...do there even need to be changes?!
    I don't think so. Her style guide profile seems to generally match up with her Filmation personality. As long as they don't make overt references to
    Flowers for Hordak events, I think it'll be fine. It's not like the bio could be any worse than some we've gotten so far.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

I love Perfuma can't wait for her to be included in the line...Love her colour scheme..I have a MIB vintage one and a loose complete vintage one because i like that character so much lol.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    that said, i'd like to merge the easy going characterization from filmation with your idea of an eco-warrior, in a almost "schizoid" perfuma: a sweet young girl imbued with a kinda nature wrath that she unleashes to protect the environment.
    Haha, a 'schizoid' Perfuma - first time I've heard something like that! I see what you mean though - "hell hath no fury as a flower-woman scorned!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I adore her, though couldn't stand the Filmation voice it totally gave me a headache.
    I understand why people didn't like Erika Scheimer's voice for Perfuma, but I think it suited her in the circumstances. The episode was about making Hordak look stupid - and it certainly managed that!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    As someone whose most wanted list of Masters Classics is almost entirely POP figures, I have to say that Perfuma is my least wanted POP character. Perfuma, then Flutternina and Sweet Bee are my three least favorite POPs. I LOVE all of the other characters, just not these three. (Edit: after some thinking, I'll further clarify my love by saying that I am indifferent to Double Trouble and Spinerella as well but still look forward to their figures eventually)
    I'm almost entirely with you here, urbanmyth. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what the 4HM do with Flutterina and Spinnerella, but Sweet Bee, Double Trouble and Perfuma are the lowest on my list of demanded-POP characters. There are more important characters, but I'd be happy with seeing a handful of them sooner than later. Very surprised to see Sweet Bee TM'd so soon, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    [url]
    Here here! I can totally see the 4HM go with the barefoot option. It's a natural suggestion (no pun intended!) but I wonder if they'd fork out for a new foot sculpt!!? :ctlol: I think they need to take some risks with Perfuma - and I hope this is one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'm voting this way too. That Filmation episode was terrible. Gbagok's design would work wonders for the character! And an entire overhaul for Perfuma making her mystical and interesting and non annoying.

Hordak will thank you.
    As with Perfuma's voice, I can understand why Hordak fans would feel that way about Flowers for Hordak - all I'd say is, try to forget about that and watch it again for pure humour! Perfuma's the character you love to hate and I think Hordak still manages to be evil in this episode...but Perfuma drives him (as she would us!) up the wall!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    I enjoyed the episode just because it was her and my biggest Filmation complaint was the lack of rotating supporting rebel and horde characters doing anything but to watch it I have to turn the volume off.

I'm not a big fan of her. Somehow she is the more uninteresting character for me. But I know somehow she's popular, and it seems at the moment, we'll see he in Motuc. I the 4H... you know, we'll see, maybe I'll give her a chance to get on my shelf.
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    She's on the lower tier for me, but she was one of my brother's favorites. If they can pull a "Bow" with her and make her part toon, part toy, part detailed design, then she'll be awesome.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I'm sure the Horsemen can make her awesome!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    May be she is Count Marzo's secret supplier of black flowers. Count Marzo the dealer...and then the consumers, some of them we know who they are, and others we don't . We have all the commercialization chain

I have no problem with her at all. I'm not overly interested in her either, but that is due to her relative rarity in the cartoon. I certainly dont hate her like I hate Netossa.

I think whatever they do I trust the 4H & Bio writers to make it just fine.

Heroic Warrior
    Perfuma is a vintage character, so she definitely needs to be released in MOTUC !

But I must say that - just like Sweet bee - she doesn't interest me very much.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    She's one of my most wanted figures, I hope her hat is removeable though, I've never been crazy about that
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!