Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfuma in MOTUC

I have no strong love or hate for Perfuma, and am confident she'll be hanging out with Moss-Man in my collection. Her actual aesthetics may change that, time will tell.

I am curious to see how they design her though and whether or not she'll have a decent range of leg movement or if her legs will be restricted like(*edit* in a way similar but not 100% exactly) Queen Marlena's.
    Last edited by slackrguy; September 13, 2011 at 07:56am. Reason: specification
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I see Perfuma as being a powerful Goddess who downplays her abilities. In the FILMation episode which was mentioned, Hordak couldn't control her or keep her confined to a prison. She had free reign of the Fright Zone until she decided to leave. Also, the only other character in the MOTUC mythology that has her kind of powers is Moss Man and we already know he's secretly a God.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    I see Perfuma as being a powerful Goddess who downplays her abilities. In the FILMation episode which was mentioned, Hordak couldn't control her or keep her confined to a prison. She had free reign of the Fright Zone until she decided to leave. Also, the only other character in the MOTUC mythology that has her kind of powers is Moss Man and we already know he's secretly a God.

I agree with this, and That she plays the "dumb blonde" role to her favor.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

I see her as the living embodiment of the Whispering Woods, The manifestion of all the magic in their a a human being, when the woods are hurting so is she. One change that I would like to see is that rather then Glimmer, she gets the rose staff. It never made any sense to me Why glimmer had that weapon, it really makes no sense, it totally makes sense for Perfuma to have it. Other then that the existing figure (her backpack can have really long flower petals that could she could use to disguse herself as a large flower), her shield, and for a comb weapon-catra's whip but make it look viney. That would make an excellent figure.
    Last edited by facet; September 25, 2011 at 02:58pm. Reason: came up with some ideas

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think Perfuma is the PERFECT candidate for the "Queen Marlena" treatment. Give her toy bracelets and boots and a one-piece "dress" that can be swapped from toy outfit to Filmation outfit. Also, include the toy head and the Filmation head.

My concept is SIMILAR to Emiliano's except the hat would be non-removable (two heads instead), the belt would be the separate toy outfit (like Queen Marlena had two) and the top on the Filmation outfit Emil drew would be PURE Filmation. The second toy outfit, would look EXACTLY like the one in Emil's art card (for my idea):

Last edited by Darkspecter; September 15, 2011 at 06:05pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I like Emiliano's Perfuma drawing. Her backpack makes me think of like a floral themed mortar or bazooka! I hope Perfuma gets a flower bazooka/backpack as her offensive accessory
    Her hat is rather helmet-esque too.

To me she is female buck 1.0 appropriate due to her high waist and dress length but I see how it could be designed around female buck 2.0.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

My concept is SIMILAR to Emiliano's except the hat would be non-removable (two heads instead), the belt would be the separate toy outfit (like Queen Marlena had two) and the top on the Filmation outfit Emil drew would be PURE Filmation. The second toy outfit, would look EXACTLY like the one in Emil's art card (for my idea):

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h...Visions-Pe.jpg

I would love it if they could make her exactly like Emiliano's design, new touches to her classic design!

**Please remove image tags when replying with a quote. Thanks! **

Perfuma was one of my favorite characters in the Filmation cartoon. I loved "Flowers for Hordak!" I can't wait to add her to my collection. I love Darkspecter's ideas for her.

I can't wait for Perfuma; I can't believe I haven't posted in here yet! I'll be interested to see how she turns out.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

After spending some time with bcrduke at Power Con, Perfuma has risen from the the bottom of my POP wants to nearly the top. Of the POP characters who had figures I now place Perfuma in the #3 spot after Frosta and Castaspella. Power Con has increased my affection for the POP characters and I want them in the MOTUC line more then ever.

"OH HORDAKINS!"
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Anyone that can live after calling Hordak "Hordykins" Deserves our respect

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    not big on my list but have good faith that some cool improvements would be made. she will fit in nice with the other motuc

I definitely want Perfuma at some point but it is hard to justify her getting a spot in the line up just yet. I think that a good idea would be to release (maybe as a Con exclusive) a new "Defenders of Good" pack. This is one of the rarest gift sets from the PoP line and a new version would be right in line with paying homage to rarities as has been done so well in MOTUC up to this point. . I think it's a perfect solution as both Perfuma and Sweet Bee are probably on the bottom end of the PoP list and bundling them together with She-Ra in a 3-pack would be a good way to get them out to fans who want them yet doesn't take away a monthly slot. I will say that it would be a nice twist to include Starburst She-Ra. The original pack was from the 2nd series but included the original She-Ra. It would be a nice update to give us the 3rd She-Ra variation while still staying true to the character line up of the original Defenders of Good set.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I think I'd like her, although she reminds me more of a Strawberry Shortcake character more than anything else. I'd still buy her though

Flowers for Hordak may have been a fun episode but it would be seriously detrimental to Hordak's characer if it was referenced in Perfuma's bio. As for Perfuma herself, I just expect her to be a heroic Poison Ivy.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I think the next POP girl we need is Glimmer, but now that Frosta is on the way, Perfuma is on the top of my wanted list. I love the colors of the vintage toy. Give her a repainted She-Ra shield, the flower backpack, and a flower themed sword. I really don't care which way they go with the bio. I don't pay much attention to those anyway.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Did vintage Perfuma smell like something? If so what was it and I hope they would do it again since they did it with Moss Man and Stinkor. Also I want Filmation and/or Emiliano's design. The toy version doesnt do it for me with her frilly stuff.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Did vintage Perfuma smell like something? If so what was it and I hope they would do it again since they did it with Moss Man and Stinkor. Also I want Filmation and/or Emiliano's design. The toy version doesnt do it for me with her frilly stuff.
    I think she smelled like something, but I don't know what. I never had her as a kid, and when I eventually did get her, she didn't smell like anything anymore.

The vintage toys are really frilly. Classics Catra turned out great, and I really like Frosta's dress. I'd imagine a Classics Perfuma dress would be like theirs.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think Perfuma is the PERFECT candidate for the "Queen Marlena" treatment. Give her toy bracelets and boots and a one-piece "dress" that can be swapped from toy outfit to Filmation outfit. Also, include the toy head and the Filmation head.

http://www.rubberslug.com/img_show.a...0&Section=Item

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...esize_full.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20...htwing1975.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VUqlEVftnA...a%2Bcast.0.jpg
    i agree with you 100%! i really want her toy boots & bracers.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Perfuma

Okay let's not make this a Perfuma/Pop bashing thread. This is for those interested in getting her in the line. My question is if/when she is included do you want her figure to be scented like the vintage? Which design do you like the most of her character? Cartoon, Toy, or a combo of both?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oe/perfuma.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20...htwing1975.jpg

Last edited by eurorko; June 1, 2012 at 04:59pm. Reason: wrong link

Would prefer no scent at all on any figures, but the way things have gone with Mossman & Stinkor she will definitely end up scented.

Design should be mainly cartoon-based as with all the POP figures, with nods to other designs if appropriate.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I always liked Gbagok's barefoot version.

Toy version! I don't really care if she's scented or not. I don't have Moss Man or Stinkor, so I don't know how powerful the scents are. Also, I'd like to see her get a flower sword of some kind.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Scented please! "It's fun!"

Oh and Emiliano's MOTUC visions = always perfection. That's what I want to see! Cool accessories he got on there too!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The bazooka. A MOTUC Perfuma figure NEEDS to have that bazooka (it's not just a "Flower Backpack"). She also needs to be done in classic toy style, which makes her look like a far superior character to her annoying Filmation counterpart. Give me a classic toy-inspired Perfuma, or give me something that I'll just turn around and sell...