Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post here if your Roboto has correct shoulders

Post here if your Roboto has correct shoulders

So I have heard of 2 people, plus Pixel Dan, who have received the Roboto figure and the shoulders were on backwards. I want to know if anybody gets Roboto figure with corrected shoulders. Pictures would be nice if you do!

I sure hope these are'nt the only 2 post on this thread. Gulp!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Great Idea for a thread. I anxiously wait to see if someone breaks the trend.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    I'll post as soon as i get mine. Hopefully it won't be too long but honestly. I don't think it's that big of a deal. So the circuity on his arm isn't symetrical and doesn't line up right. Big deal...he's a robot haha. The He-Man having this problem was different, it was weird looking that his muscles didn't look right. But this, it's just a robot and circuitry. Other then that, i didn't see any difference in Dans review.

Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    I'll post as soon as i get mine. Hopefully it won't be too long but honestly. I don't think it's that big of a deal. So the circuity on his arm isn't symetrical and doesn't line up right. Big deal...he's a robot haha. The He-Man having this problem was different, it was weird looking that his muscles didn't look right. But this, it's just a robot and circuitry. Other then that, i didn't see any difference in Dans review.
    What's funny to me about your post is that I'm exactly opposite. I didnt notice He-Man's shoulders and still dont see it (I understand the principal but I am not impressed).

Whereas Roboto's symetry is a clear indicator which now that I have seen it cannot unsee it. I very much hope that mine (and by proxy some if not all) are correct.

As a bad example I"d say "just a robot and circuitry" is like dismissing Orko's ear paint as "just alitte colour overhang." You're right, it is just that, and that is the problem.

But if it doesnt concern you, wonderful. I"m not overly concerned because one way or the other, I'm keeping my figure and I think it looks great. But I hope it is a non-problem and that it is more sorted than less.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Post here if your Roboto has correct shoulders.
    So you don't want anyone to post here?

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    If his circuitry didn't line up correctly wouldn't that cause some issues? I can just imagine Man-At-Arms freaking out about that.

I can also see a fun argument being made that circuitry should connect in that regards and that (Just like with muscles) it also doesn't look right. I personally don't think it is that obvious in either case but I do notice it when I look for it. It does not ruin the overall figure though.

I also plan on keeping the figure and overlooking the issue for now. But I still see it as something that should never have happened. I am sick of the constant QC issues. I just hope the bicep gaps are not too big on mine.

Roboto is still so cool beyond these issues and I can't wait to get mine!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    So you don't want anyone to post here?
    LOL
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar

Different Shoulders

Here is a Picture of mine I got today. I dont know if they are correct? But the left one is different than the pictured one from SDCC and the one Pixel Dan reviewed. What do you think
    But the paint job isnt great, some of the chrome paint rubbed off the head showing red underneth and Left ankle joint is loose.

One of those looks correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Here is a Picture of mine I got today. I dont know if they are correct? But the left one is different than the pictured one from SDCC and the one Pixel Dan reviewed. What do you think
    But the paint job isnt great, some of the chrome paint rubbed off the head showing red underneth and Left ankle joint is loose. http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...cer852/001.jpg
    You got jipped: two different shoulder attachments, a loose ankle, and I can clearly see that red on the head.

I don't even know what I'm suppose to be looking for? anyone got a sample pic of what it is or isn't suppose to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You got jipped: two different shoulder attachments, a loose ankle, and I can clearly see that red on the head.
    What you can see is The black wash on the Chrome thigh pads is sloppy as heck as well, The Quality for a 31.23 dollar figure (that is including shipping and Tax) is pretty bad on this one..

what makes the inverted shoulder look wrong is not the circuitry... it's the general shape of the shoulder. Muscles or metal, doesn't matter, Roboto is based on a humanoid body and anatomy, and therefore even though you might be okay with the circuitry detail, the general shape and feel of the shoulder and by extension the arm itself, is just wrong and looks un-real... even for a robot.

it's like having your kneecap inverted, placed behind the knee instead of in front. You might wear pants and most people won't notice, but when you sit or walk they'll definetely see something was assembled wrong when they put you together.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Quote Originally Posted by DaViper View Post
    I don't even know what I'm suppose to be looking for? anyone got a sample pic of what it is or isn't suppose to look like?
    Here's the correct version -

The wires at the front of his shoulders are supposed to line up with the ones on his biceps, creating a completed "circuit".

Eternian Paparazzo prince.nothing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    One of those looks correct!
    So now there are three flavors: correct shoulders (yet to be seen), wrong shoulders, and a combination thereof.

Heroic Warrior
    The correct shoulder doesn`t look correct .

Look at the distance between correct shoulder and biceps. On the print the wires are very close to each other.

On Detective Lubic`s pic the wires are not as close as they should be....

the biceps is not corrrect attached to the shoulder, even on the right one.

Last edited by Berserker79; October 15, 2010 at 07:52pm.

I'll be fixing mine when they arrive. I took apart my extra He-Ro's shoulder today without having to crack the chest open. I was able to separate it from the rotator disc.

It was not easy, but it will come apart.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    But the paint job isnt great, some of the chrome paint rubbed off the head showing red underneth and Left ankle joint is loose. http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...cer852/001.jpg
    Yep, the shoulders on my Roboto are backwards but I really don't mind it all that much because the "circuits" align on the back now instead of the front. It still looks okay. I agree with you on the paint job. I have to say that it's a little bad especially on the hands and both of the silver boots. The hands aren't a solid red so I can see some blue/black wanting to come through and the detail on the boots are a little sloppy. I feel bad writing all this but this is how I received my Roboto. I still love him though.

Heroic Warrior
    My 26 year old vintage figures are in a better shape than this new figure...

Quote Originally Posted by coolapex View Post
    Yep, the shoulders on my Roboto are backwards but I really don't mind it all that much because the "circuits" align on the back now instead of the front. It still looks okay. I agree with you on the paint job. I have to say that it's a little bad especially on the hands and both of the silver boots. The hands aren't a solid red so I can see some blue/black wanting to come through and the detail on the boots are a little sloppy. I feel bad writing all this but this is how I received my Roboto. I still love him though.
    I still like mine too. He is one of my favorite Vintage figures, but the whole figure seems to me to be a total rush job and not made with a lot of care, This is my first MOTUC figure I am a little disappointed with. It's funny the paint job and other problems bother me way more than the shoulders.

I also tried to adjust my left arm look like the Ad Picture above and I could not get the Circuits that close together. What I dont understand is how I can have Mixed shoulders. I can Understand them being both wrong or both Right but Mixed? Did they just have one big box of shoulders to grab from when then made this?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I'll be fixing mine when they arrive. I took apart my extra He-Ro's shoulder today without having to crack the chest open. I was able to separate it from the rotator disc.

Could you detail the procedure?
    Last edited by Okro; October 15, 2010 at 09:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    I'm bumping this request...that would be a great piece of information to have!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    I would like to see this too. What did you use? Screwdriver?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post

I'm bumping this request, too.

My Roboto has two reversed shoulders but it's honestly not that noticeable. My biggest complaint is that the red visor piece on Roboto's head got warped in the package and doesn't close properly. He'll be a perpetual mouth-breather! The silver paint on his attachments seems very prone to flaking, too. His torso is fantastic, but overall this is the worst-quality of my MOTUCs. Meh.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    ....but overall this is the worst-quality of my MOTUCs.
    I guess that's why the factory didn't send samples to Mattel