Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illumina is on the table now!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Illumina is on the table now!

http://www.pendragonspost.com/2010/1...nswers-101510/

What changed????

For those of you who do not know...this is Illumina. She's a character that was created by Val and Emilliano for their 200X comic, until Mattel restricted them from introducing new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Okay... here we go, this is what we can tell you for now about
    ILLUMINA
    She's an old Gar with light related powers. She can control lights and she can blind adversaries when she fights.
    Think Dazzler, but without the rock singer part
    She's a formidable fighter, especially with melee weapons; in general her fighting skills are equal if not superior to a young Man-At-Arms, and also to a young Dekker.
    She's also a great strategist and wanders Eternia as a sort of nomadic secret agent....
    Illumina Portal:
    Illumina Discussion (the blue skinned woman from the comic)
    Could illumina be Keldors mother
    We want Illumina!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 19, 2010 at 12:41pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Where is your Ask Matty Roundup thread, MegaGear?

Awesome!!

After Lord Dactys and a few others, I'm hoping for her the most from that era.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Where is your Ask Matty Roundup thread, MegaGear?
    haha.. that's what I was thinking.. looks to me we should have known this on august 23rd!

The Q&A's are up now!

I was lying in wait for the sites who allow me to post the answers to put their stuff up. Pendragon's Post didn't give me permission, so that site is off limits. We can still talk about it though, so long as I don't copy and paste his content.

Nice that they're seemingly taking fans seriously on the females.

Awesome, that is great.

But isn't there another thread that basically says that some vintage characters, from NA I think, may not even get released before the 2016/2017 deadline? Would that mean another figure would get bumped for the inclusion of Illumina?

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm SO psyched about this!!! THAT RULES!! I can't wait to get her. She's such a dynamic looking figure and maybe now we can get a little backstory on her through her bio. WICKED!! :-) HOpefully her cat can be done as well.

PS - What did change that she's now do-able??

I don't see how anything's changed. They said they don't have any plans to make her.

They've always had the rights to the MVCreations characters, that wasn't the problem. They simply rufuse to make her.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I don't see how anything's changed. They said they don't have any plans to make her.

They've always had the rights to the MVCreations characters, that wasn't the problem. They simply rufuse to make her.
    The difference is now they are willing to make her eventually, rather than not making her at all because she doesn't fit the story.

The difference is now they are willing to make her eventually, rather than not making her at all because she doesn't fit the story.
    I really want you to be right, but I'm still not getting my hopes up.

I know they sort of said this once before, but this is more concrete. Happy Dance!!!! I'm very pleased. I'm fine with her coming in a few years--I trust not 7+ though. She needs to come in a two pack with her cat.

What changed????
    I don't care what changed! Or if anything "changed" per say, other than their words and what they are trying to convey, so long as they say they can make her! Now all that stands between me and an Illumina figure is for them to actually make it for real and not in my sugar-hangover inspired dreams. I'm soooo close! Hey, don't mock me here, it's taken a long time to get this far!
    Last edited by gbagok; October 15, 2010 at 06:31pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I really want you to be right, but I'm still not getting my hopes up.
    If we're wrong, Toyguru will be around set us straight.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    It's good to see Illumina mentioned again.

I believe they are referring to the question TG answered of mine. I'll look for the link.

EDIT: Here it is: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...246#8731079246

He says they have the rights to all the characters I mention (which includes Illumina), but no plans for them in the immediate future. He answered on August 21st though...*shrugs*
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 15, 2010 at 06:44pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think she was always on the table so to speak. Its mattel was gonna stay away from mvc created characters cause that material was hard to obtain these days.

If I remember right.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Maybe we're all guilty of picking apart posts, but I'm glad TG said "there's females we want to get to BEFORE her" and not INSTEAD!

Illumina seems like a no brainer, a classicised version would largely use the female buck (and when it's revealed, possibly the 200X Evil-Lyn outfit as a base) and then there's a fifth use of the Battle Cat buck for her cat!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Well this is looking up!
    Maybe they just noticed how much interest there is in her.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The whole Illumina(ta) thing is just a small sacrifice in order to reuse the cat sculpt one more time for her cat...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I think they've just learned to humour people better - once they start really running dry of existing concepts (i.e. around 2018. IF they never get the Filmation rights, that is), then she might become a "sure, why not".

She's still at the back of the queue - after all the vintage toy/MYP/Marlena females, never mind the guys. There's thus no harm in giving an answer that says they can do her, since there's every probability sales will tail off enough in the next 7+ years that the line will end before they start looking at her.

This is the best news this year IMO. She makes sense! She can be made with minimal new tooling as emiliano's MOTUC design shows, fans have really shown their support for her online since TG said they wouldn't be doing her. It gives Mattel the chance to reuse the battle cat sculpt once more.

Mattel only have a few Eternian female characters left like the Sorceress, Queen Marlana, Teela-Na, Hawk, Delora & Queen Adrenos. I hope a few uniquely designed character that the 4H will come up with will be offered to become Keldors mother and randor's mother. These are the 2 female spots missing from all the cannons IMO. I hope they keep Illumina's story as close as possible to what has been established by Val & Emiliano, but I would not be against Illumina being named Keldors mother.

I would rather Keldors mother be a new character we don't really know anything about yet, the same for Randor's mother. I wrote a fan fic about Keldors mother years ago, naming her Kelara - high priestess of Shekotti. She was chosen by her people to marry Miro as a sign of union between the Gar & Eternian race, hoping to ease rising political tensions between their peoples, tensions that had been growing for centuries. The cival unrest dates back to when the Gar first sought sanctuary on Eternia when they knew Infinita was dieing. Kelara betrays Miro (who secretly loved another, think charles, Di & Camilla) attempting to sacrafice her young son Keldor to free the Goddess Shekotti, who would use Kelara's body as her vestle to walk upon eternia once more and restore the Gar to the glory they had known on Infinita.

But Miro stopes her before she can fully summon Shekotti, killing kelara infront of young Keldor to stop Shekotti's rebirth. However Shekotti transfers a small portion of her power into the young prince before she is once again banished back to the void. It was not enough power to be a threat to the current sorceress Kodac Ugnor who seals her back in the void, but enough to turn the small princes heart from the light, begining young Keldors obsession with the dark arts & his ultimate journey into darkness.
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 15, 2010 at 09:07pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I think they've just learned to humour people better - once they start really running dry of existing concepts (i.e. around 2018. IF they never get the Filmation rights, that is), then she might become a "sure, why not".

She's still at the back of the queue - after all the vintage toy/MYP/Marlena females, never mind the guys. There's thus no harm in giving an answer that says they can do her, since there's every probability sales will tail off enough in the next 7+ years that the line will end before they start looking at her.
    Or that TPTB will die of old age eventually and they can easily get her, the 200x heads, Keldors swords, and the He-Mullet in the game. lol

I really think this is just grasping at straws. I'd love to see Illumina made but I don't think this answer is proof of any change other than ToyGuru(or whoever answers these questions) getting better at wording answers in a way that isn't going to upset any fans. They never said, in the past, that Illumina couldn't be made. They just referred to her as a fan made character. They left that bit out this time but everything else sounds like "business as usual".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

That sounds great! I would love to have her in my collection!
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

Lets just hope they dont keep spelling it wrong...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

That is probably the real deal right there.