Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see reprinted vintage mini-comics with MOTUC figures?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Would you like to see reprinted vintage mini-comics with MOTUC figures?

I know the "will we see mini-comics with MOTUC figures" discussion has been going since the very beginning of the line.
    Sadly, it seems that - at this stage at least - it's not going to happen, for various reasons.

Well...
    How would you feel about figures coming with reprints of vintage mini-comics? There is enough of the vintage minis to go around, even if they were only saved for the more "major league" characters.

It was done with the 2000 vintage re-release line, so why not with MOTUC? I mean, it's not an ideal solution, but they should be fairly simple to reproduce, they are possible (the 2000 line simply had 'replica' added to the cover), and they would give us a little extra for our hard earned cash. Plus, they'd add to the whole 'retro' feel of the line (please let's not decend into the 200x debate here )

Scans of the mini-comics are available on many fan sites (including the org), so Matty would hardly be robbing themselves of anything.

Thoughts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

AdultCollector, those are super cool!

As for reprints, I mean, I wouldn't mind as long as they didn't take away from each figure's budget. I'd rather see new mini-comics if they are going to spend money at all on something like that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yes, I'd love to see mini-comic reprints!

Since I do not own any, it would be really fun to have them. If Mattel doesn't want to put it into the budget, they should do a book. I mean, how hard is it to fill a book with already existing and owned material???
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    ONLY if they were included for free. But knowing Mattel's current behavior with packing in anything and penny-pinching, they'd probably increase the price by $2 per figure.

Now, if they just reprinted all of them and sold a boxed collection/large book I think that would satisfy those who want them without putting an extra cost on people who don't wish to pay extra for the comics.

Heroic Warrior
    Not really.

First, you can read them online already. Save the trees.

Second, you know whatever money went into them would *not* go into something else. But I'd rather have something else when I could read the minicomics online already.

Finally, the stories and character designs would be different from the bios and figures. You certainly could never sell such a thing at retail, it'd be confusing to everyone (esp. kids)

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post

Now, if they just reprinted all of them and sold a boxed collection/large book I think that would satisfy those who want them without putting an extra cost on people who don't wish to pay extra for the comics.
    This ^^

I'd rather have a collection anyhow.
    Who has the Power?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    As for reprints, I mean, I wouldn't mind as long as they didn't take away from each figure's budget. I'd rather see new mini-comics if they are going to spend money at all on something like that.
    ^^^ QFT!

It would be cool for MOC collectors to have mini-comic reprints sitting in the box but new mini-comics are what I'd be looking for.

Much rather see Mattel issue a trade paperback of the vintage mini-comics, plus scripts for the 2nd and 3rd parts of the POG comics, than reprints in new MOTUC.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Yes, I'd love to see mini-comic reprints!

Since I do not own any, it would be really fun to have them. If Mattel doesn't want to put it into the budget, they should do a book. I mean, how hard is it to fill a book with already existing and owned material???
    I totally agree with this. I would absolutely LOVE Mattel if they could give us a "Master" volume, or an "Omnibus" which reprints all the old Mini-Comics in standard format on thick stock - all in one [or two] collected book(s). (Recoloring not necessary, but appreciated...)

But, I also wouldn't mind if the figures started to ship with them as well. As long as it didn't subtract from some other "extras" that may have come with the figures instead.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I`d rather have it be a coffee table book, that way it`s all together and in a bigger size. Plus I already own all the originals
    Last edited by adam03; October 19, 2010 at 10:34am.

I`d rather have it be a coffee table book, that way it`s all together and in a bigger size. Plus I already won all the originals
    This.

I actually already own, I think, a complete collection of the vintage mini-comics. Haven't looked in over 7 years, as they're in the States at my father's place. But I would LOVE a coffee table book compiling them all, perhaps with some extra artwork and other bells and whistles.

And as has been said - I'm afraid any additions like mc reprints would just come off the, apparently tight, MOTUC budget. That's not something I'm eager to see happen. I want as much money as possible going into the figures themselves.

New line, New look, new characters, new stories, new mini comics ..... in the same style as He-Man Meets Ram Ran to The Tale Of Teela.

Absolutely I would love to see reprinted minicomics with the figures!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

As long as they don't come with upside-down covers, yes.

"It's not really a defect, you just need to flip the book over on page 2 and then again at page 8."
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Do I want the mini-comics released as a comprehensive collection? Absolutely.

Do I want the mini-comics released with future MOTUC figures? Probably not. Given Mattel's mission to create one grand universe, including media from different canons seems counterintuitive. Plus, they always talk about limited resources, so I wouldn't want to risk losing weapons, heads, unique tooling, or (worse) new characters for the sake of the minis.

That said, there should have been new minis released from the beginning, and it shoulda been in the budget. I mean, lack of mini comics is a key feature of the retired hyper anime detail.

Count me in, I'd be very happy with reprint!
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovr˛ pur campare...

Hi AdultCollector,

where is the minicomic Trap-Jaw is reading in your pictures from? I do not remember that one. What is the name of the minicomics?

Thanks.

I would love to see a reprint of the minicomics but not packed with the MOTUC figures.

I would prefer them to be released separately... I think it would be strange to see a brand new product with an old one.

With the figures I would only accept something totally new... so new mini comics... But they could be released separately also

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Vintage mini comics are a huge part of MOTU for me and I feel as if they're missing in the new releases.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

I don't need reprinted mini comics. New ones would be cool, if done correct, but only if the tooling budget wouldn't be effected by this.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i thought this was put up for a vote back in 2008 & we voted for extra heads instead of mini-comics?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I'd rather have all-in-one anthology than a bunch of little books I'm bound to lose.

Plus I don't want to see any money taken out of the figure budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    i thought this was put up for a vote back in 2008 & we voted for extra heads instead of mini-comics?
    I heard this too. Now that it seems we're only getting heads for "characters which deserve them," I'd like to see other figures come with minicomics.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Would you like to see reprinted vintage mini-comics with MOTUC figures?
    Well...duh.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    No, I already have all the minicomics in mint condition and I already have high rez scans of them.

I want brand new minicomics fitting in with the new cannon. They could even just put them on CD or have each figure come with an online code so you can access the comic and download it.

Just a suggestion.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!