Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Word From Toyguru About Roboto

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Official Word From Toyguru About Roboto

Official word from Toyguru:

Well there is no way around it. Roboto did get assembled with his shoulders swapped.

What can I say. These things happen. I could mention the hundreds of things we do catch and correct before going to production, or all the time we spent making small tweaks based on fan comments such as Skeletor's purple feet or trying to see if both Roboto's arms could be detached (which we didn't have time for but we really tried on!), but none of that changes that in the end a mistake was made.

Luckily in the long run this is not (I hope!) Earth crushing to most. By definition the only change is the pattern of tech on the shoulder. The toy itself functions 100% correctly and is not defective. (that and combined with the fact that the whole production is done means we can't exchange your Roboto for a corrected version, at this time there are no "corrected" versions.)

It doesn't mean we won't try to find a way down the road to correct this. It took almost 4 years but we finally got Sinestro's height corrected in the DCUC line (check out the 2 pack coming to TRU next month with a ton of yellow and green constructs!).

I'd personally like to find a way to fix this but it will take time. We don't have a reissue planned right now but it doesn't mean it is out of the question. I'm sorry for those whom were counting on the tech detail pattern on the shoulder going the other direction. I'll take the fall on this one and just let you know we continue to be vigilant on getting the best collector product out there. Sometimes we hit a problem. But the important thing is we will try to correct this one day. It just won't be in the immediate future.

Oh, and while I have everyone on the line, a few updates:

Jan 18th:
    Bow (2011 sub figure)
    Shadow Beast (2011 sub quarterly beast/multipack)
    Palace Guards (2010 item delated slightly)
    Castle Grayskull stands (reissue)
    Evil Lyn reissue

Feb 15:
    Vikor (2011 sub figure)
    Other reissues to be announced
    (and ideally Preternia He-Man will ship with the map)

March 15:
    King Hssss (sub figure)
    Battle Armor Skeletor (sub quarterly variant)
    Other reissues to be announced

April 15:
    New Male Masters of the Universe member (to be announced soon)
    Panthor (quarterly subscription beast)
    Weapons Rak ($15.00) (not part of subscription)

Alright, have a great weekend and I'll catch you all after El Segundo Toy Fair.

TG
    January 18th is going to be a mofo on the ol' wallet...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Aw man, I was about to post this ( or at least the part about how packed January is.) Beaten by a matter of seconds!

New master huh. I wonder who it will be? Man-e-faces perhaps?
    bnl4life

Wow...lots of stuff in Jan. Panthor is April - nice!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Ouch, right in the wallet!

15 dollars for the weapon rack is a decent price. Can't wait to see who the male master is!

As for Roboto, I can live with the shoulders. But as a mint on card collector, I'm more concerned about some of the Roboto's shipping with 'The Original' burst on the packaging. Hope mine don't have that when they arrive.
    END OF LINE

Heroic Warrior
    Thankfully I already have Evil Lyn, and don´t plan on getting the stands. However I don´t know how i can afford Bow, Shadow Beast AND the Palace Guards all at once, especially right after Christmas. Hopefully there will be reissues of the Shadow Beast or Guards down the road.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ah....guess I know what the Christmas bonus is going toward....

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    HOLY CRAP in regards to January 18th. Thank Goodness I don't need Evil Lyn or am interested in Bow or stands. But still, getting a couple guards and Shadowbeasts is going to be a ***** for the money stash!

Wow January is going to be über-expensive especially for non US collectors... and most expensive for non US Club Eternia members...

BTW, thx for the words on Roboto TG, well said. It is frustrating if we get figures which have flaws. For me Roboto's shoulders are not a major flaw and I really am looking forward to get my Roboto next Tuesday.
    I can only imagine how much work the MOTUC-line is and it is really great what you and the 4 horsemen achieved. It is obvious that you put a lot of effort into this line. Although sometimes it doesn't sound like it, I think most fans do appreciate it a lot.
    Last edited by kk2; October 16, 2010 at 01:54pm.

I'm really glad they've set the Guards in stone for January. If they were pushed back any further, I would have been very unamused.
    Everything else that month is an easy pass for me.
    April is gearing up to be a stellar month.

And it's nice to see the shoulder problem acknowledged from toyguru, rather than the behaviour from the moderators on that forum.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Evil-Lyn reissued before Teela? Wow. Hopefully Roboto's reissue will be bumped up as quickly as she is!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    Evil-Lyn reissued before Teela? Wow. Hopefully Roboto's reissue will be bumped up as quickly as she is!
    Could be coming in December?

I expect Tytus and Moss Man soon as well.

Wasn't Battle Armor Skeletor supposed to be in Feb?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for an easy month of just one figure, and i like that they pushed Panthor back to April because I really wasn't going to be ready for him in March.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Damn! They're really coming for that after-xmas money. hehe

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm reissues to be annnounced yet for Feb and March. I wonder if one of them will be Battle Armor He-Man. Probably not Feb with Vikor (too many He-Men at once.), but I could see them doing it in March to coincide with the release of Battle Armor Skeletor. Not to mention with King Hiss released that day as well, we have two major evil faction leaders together, might as well have the heroic one as well.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Why didn't they bump the Shadow Beast to February once the Guards were locked in for January and there was nothing but Conan in February, I wonder? Just say/admit that they're trying to space stuff out.

Holy crap! January is a massive Wallet killer! Couldn't they have moved the guards or the Shadow Beast till Feb. since Vikor is all alone and all that? Panthor and BA Skelly shifted one month... Good!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Stupid question time, but are we 100% sure that the Palace Guards aren't included in the sub? I think I remember reading that they weren't, but you know how Matty likes to change things up on us.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Stupid question time, but are we 100% sure that the Palace Guards aren't included in the sub? I think I remember reading that they weren't, but you know how Matty likes to change things up on us.
    They're not - since the contracts have been signed, with only one $40 item in the sub, the only way they could put it in the sub would be by making 2011's army-builder non-sub.

Ugh, ditto on the January statements. At the very least I'm thinking of selling my Shadow Beast, but we'll see once I get him in hand. Either way, it's gona be a lot of cash to drop at once.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Well, hello, Mr. Guru... yes, I've got time to completely re-arrange my MOTU Schedule/Checklist this afternoon...

Tons of goodies here - shipping dates for pretty much everything we knew was on the horizon, notice to save up for January, reminder that MLK Day will put the sale a day later - pretty much everything we need to know until the April reveal. Cool stuff.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Holy crap! January is a massive Wallet killer! Couldn't they have moved the guards or the Shadow Beast till Feb. since Vikor is all alone and all that? Panthor and BA Skelly shifted one month... Good!
    I agree. Having a couple of figures in one month is one thing, but two Large Beasts/ Army Builders together is a little much, especially when you add in the monthly figure, plus the reissue and stands for the people that want. Now I dont need the reissue or the stands, but I´m probably going to have to sacrifice something as I doubt I can afford all that right after Christmas. Just going to have to decide what goes, and hope whatever I choose has a reissue down the road.

Roboto is said not to be defective, yet the shoulders are undeniably wrong. I don't see a difference.

That is one crazy haul for January. It might have been better if they would have just held a separate sale date for the Palace Guards, either later in the month or in Feb.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Roboto is said not to be defective, yet the shoulders are undeniably wrong. I don't see a difference.
    I suppose he means "the shoulders work as they should, even if they don't look like they should".

Only if the reversal had resulted in a restricted range of movement or some other mechanical-rather-than-cosmetic problem would they admit to it being defective.