Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 120

Thread: Official Word From Toyguru About Roboto

  1. #26
    Rebel Jubilation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,417
    January is gonna be a fight to the finish and I'll be so ticked off if I cant get a Bow!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

  2. #27
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,676
    They dont offer any compinsation for a defective figure..... typical.

    Offer us free shipping for something, maybe a trade for a re-release down the road.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  3. #28
    Bringer of death joeybones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spook City,USA. FLA & MI.
    Posts
    1,228
    ........gnjhgjg

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    They dont offer any compinsation for a defective figure..... typical.

    Offer us free shipping for something, maybe a trade for a re-release down the road. .

    Yes they do... They always have...(they have taken figures back, & sent new)

    But whats defective about roboto shoulders? Nothing, it was a mistake. big deal, it REALLY doesn't matter...

    I wish they'd just stop helping out he-man fans and making figures, if people are gonna rip them apart and analyze every possible thing that could possssibly go wrong.
    Last edited by joeybones; October 16, 2010 at 03:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #29
    Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eldersburg, MD
    Posts
    1,832
    I hate to be a downer, but this "statement" doesn't sit well with me.

    So this "apology" statement is then quickly segued into a reveal of the reissue of Evil Lyn and the Grayskull stands in January. That's all fine and good, but it doesn't address the issue at hand here. So what we are being told is "Oops, our bad. Oh well. Hopefully we will get it right next time".

    Sorry Scott, no offense against you but that's just not good enough, at least not to me as a customer. This statement should've been about what Mattel intends to do address this issue with their customers, period. Not some poor attempt at distraction. Yes, mistakes happen. We get that. As has been pointed out time and again, this is the rule and most definitely not the exception when it comes to this line.

    Whether or not you agree that backwards shoulder is a big deal, we all can acknowledge that these figures were not put together correctly. Couple that with the fact Mattel has no inventory that are correct to offer as replacements, and they seem to be avoiding offering any solution beyond "well it'll be corrected IF we get to the reissue, but nothing planned now". Simply put, I find it a little insulting that this problem is being treated as anything less than what it is, which is another example at Mattel's profound inability to deliver on a high quality product that their customers are paying a premium for.

    I myself, am growing incredibly weary of the problems associated with this line. I love MOTU, and I want the line to do well. There is lots that I have enjoyed with this time, and more that I'm looking forward to. At the same time, I'm just reaching the point personally where I am feeling like I can't continue to invest into the line if Mattel is going to continue to refuse to take these issues seriously.

  5. #30
    son of Xemnoss Xetheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lots of different places
    Posts
    818
    Sorry, but TG is the guy in charge to overlook these things...so TG did not do a good job this time! Although he is doing it most of the time I have to admit. I really like how the new line is doing so far and with what we got and what there is to come!

    Telling the people a reissue is not coming soon is not the smartest move to please the mob IMHO!

  6. #31
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    I love that when they screw up they give us a little tidbit of new news to sugarcoat the screw up.

    I'm sorry at $27.00 a figure for me this is nonsense.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  7. #32
    son of Xemnoss Xetheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lots of different places
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I hate to be a downer, but this "statement" doesn't sit well with me.

    So this "apology" statement is then quickly segued into a reveal of the reissue of Evil Lyn and the Grayskull stands in January. That's all fine and good, but it doesn't address the issue at hand here. So what we are being told is "Oops, our bad. Oh well. Hopefully we will get it right next time".

    Sorry Scott, no offense against you but that's just not good enough, at least not to me as a customer. This statement should've been about what Mattel intends to do address this issue with their customers, period. Not some poor attempt at distraction. Yes, mistakes happen. We get that. As has been pointed out time and again, this is the rule and most definitely not the exception when it comes to this line.

    Whether or not you agree that backwards shoulder is a big deal, we all can acknowledge that these figures were not put together correctly. Couple that with the fact Mattel has no inventory that are correct to offer as replacements, and they seem to be avoiding offering any solution beyond "well it'll be corrected IF we get to the reissue, but nothing planned now". Simply put, I find it a little insulting that this problem is being treated as anything less than what it is, which is another example at Mattel's profound inability to deliver on a high quality product that their customers are paying a premium for.

    I myself, am growing incredibly weary of the problems associated with this line. I love MOTU, and I want the line to do well. There is lots that I have enjoyed with this time, and more that I'm looking forward to. At the same time, I'm just reaching the point personally where I am feeling like I can't continue to invest into the line if Mattel is going to continue to refuse to take these issues seriously.

    I so totally agree with you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I love that when they screw up they give us a little tidbit of new news to sugarcoat the screw up.

    I'm sorry at $27.00 a figure for me this is nonsense.
    I agree with you, too, and this is why I did not buy him yesterday!
    Last edited by Xetheus; October 16, 2010 at 03:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior urbanmyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,498
    For all of the people complaining about the overall quality of the product, PLEASE just stop buying/subscribing and move along please. This is a very minor mistake and everyone is experiencing it so it's not like YOU'RE figure got screwed up and mine didn't. You can't expect Mattel to take a big hit on this one and it not affect a figure down the line like Ram-Man loosing out on unique parts because of it.

  9. #34
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,644
    Toyguru is so used to being the bad boy of the company and fighting corporate that a lot of times he forgets he is corporate.

  10. #35
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    Yes, this is a big deal to some of us. I'm not really bothered by the pattern of the circuitry being on the back instead of the front, but when the bicep looks like it's going to fall off the shoulder, I'm a little upset that I paid $28 for this figure.

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,074
    If Matty offered to refund the cost and shipping for everyone who was so upset about the shoulders that they wanted to send them back, and then put all the returned Robotos (and I really don't think it would be many) back up on Matty for sale cyber monday, I'm sure they'd all sell out again.

    I like He-Man enough that I've decided to pay the $28, sometimes as much as $70 a month. Why that keeps getting brought up in arguments is beyond me. Just as much as Mattel has had so long to fix all their problems, we've had just as much time to decide that we don't want to bother buying them anymore because of the problems. We know they are $28, we know there will be occasional problems. We'd all like them to stop but they never have. And I guess for my part I've never been so bothered by any problem that I've been upset at owning one of these figures.

    I hope all the complainers about "at $28 dollars" and "The QC is awful" didn't buy the sub for 2011. If they did, having watched 2 years of the same problems over and over again, then I believe the old "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" saying is in effect. I suppose to some extent people may have bought the 2010 sub expecting the various issues to get completely resolved. But that expectation has to end with December.

    I really do hope the complaining about everything dies down in January. Nobody will be locked into ANYTHING at that point that they weren't fully aware of or already experienced with. It's as though any figure that doesn't meet the criteria of an individual's own daydreams about that figure gets five threads about it must be changed NOW!

    I too would love all my figures to have tight ankles, correct shoulders and whatever else, but I know that that won't always be the case. I make my purchase having decided that I'm willing to face that possibility. I'm not OKAY with errors, I don't welcome them, I'm not happy to find them, but I know they exist and probably will continue to, and I still like the toys enough to get them anyway. As far as I'm concerned the breaking Goddesses have been the only issue worthy of real alarm as that actually renders your figure worthless.

    I know complaining about complainers is worthless, but there's a difference between raising issues and being annoyed by things you'd prefer didn't happen and actiing like Matty pinned you down and stole all the money from your wallet while raping your mom.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior BuzzOff1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    187
    You know, I typically don't complain as I'm thankful to be getting any MOTU, but I feel that comment that it's not "earth crushing" diminishes the overall point. The shoulders are admittedly wrong. That most certainly is a defect. These figures are part of an adult collector line and they are over 20 dollars. I just feel gypped with the fact that a fixed reissue that we'd have to pay over 20 dollars for is our only compensation. I understand that factory errors happen. That is a part of it. But, overall it just seems unfair to the very faithful fans of this line that they approach us with the attitude that we'll buy it all anyway regardless of the errors. I'd have an easier time overlooking this stuff or even picking up a fixed reissue if they were more inexpensively priced.

    With that all being said, I do appreciate ToyGuru, and I certainly don't envy his job when this stuff happens.

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior BadVermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I hate to be a downer, but this "statement" doesn't sit well with me.

    So this "apology" statement is then quickly segued into a reveal of the reissue of Evil Lyn and the Grayskull stands in January. That's all fine and good, but it doesn't address the issue at hand here. So what we are being told is "Oops, our bad. Oh well. Hopefully we will get it right next time".

    Sorry Scott, no offense against you but that's just not good enough, at least not to me as a customer. This statement should've been about what Mattel intends to do address this issue with their customers, period. Not some poor attempt at distraction. Yes, mistakes happen. We get that. As has been pointed out time and again, this is the rule and most definitely not the exception when it comes to this line.

    Whether or not you agree that backwards shoulder is a big deal, we all can acknowledge that these figures were not put together correctly. Couple that with the fact Mattel has no inventory that are correct to offer as replacements, and they seem to be avoiding offering any solution beyond "well it'll be corrected IF we get to the reissue, but nothing planned now". Simply put, I find it a little insulting that this problem is being treated as anything less than what it is, which is another example at Mattel's profound inability to deliver on a high quality product that their customers are paying a premium for.

    I myself, am growing incredibly weary of the problems associated with this line. I love MOTU, and I want the line to do well. There is lots that I have enjoyed with this time, and more that I'm looking forward to. At the same time, I'm just reaching the point personally where I am feeling like I can't continue to invest into the line if Mattel is going to continue to refuse to take these issues seriously.
    Thank you, you wrote that much better than I ever could. My words don't come out so good.

    Toyguru's response doesn't assure me, in fact it worries me more since he claims figures with blatant production errors are not considered defective. If he really feels that way, I hope he isn't even involved with making sure there aren't errors. But I think he is, in which case it seems he might not be the man for the job. Honestly, look at how long the loose ankle problem been plaguing the figures, and note that nothing has been done to resolve the issue. It sure seem as if they do not care about quality but only sales, which is why he added the distraction of the upcoming releases. I fully expect future figures to fall to the same folly, as it appears nothing was learned.

    I didn't bother to buy Roboto, and I'm planning on skipping most of the upcoming stuff as well. I'm getting Panthor, the weapons pack(s), the guards and then I'm probably done.

    At the company I work for I'm one of the last lines of defense for the QC. I'm the last one to look at the stuff before it goes out, and I personally sign off on the samples that arrive. Whoever has my job at Mattel needs to be fired. I would expect to be fired if I approved these figures, not because of this isolated incident, but due to a pattern of incompetence. But I get the feeling there isn't even a person to fire, as QC isn't something they consider as long as sales are strong.

    [EDIT] - I'm not saying Toyguru should be fired, as my understanding his job is more marketing and PR.
    Last edited by BadVermin; October 16, 2010 at 05:04pm.

  14. #39
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,887
    for those who are getting a Roboto do we just wait & see if the shoulders is a real issue & send him back for a refund or just live with it?

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,987
    It's too bad the shoulders are backwards. Obviously I didn't notice it though, and unless it hinders the figure's articulation, I'm not bent out of shape about it. Heck, even if it did, Roboto just isn't one of the big ones for me.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    For all of the people complaining about the overall quality of the product, PLEASE just stop buying/subscribing and move along please. This is a very minor mistake and everyone is experiencing it so it's not like YOU'RE figure got screwed up and mine didn't. You can't expect Mattel to take a big hit on this one and it not affect a figure down the line like Ram-Man loosing out on unique parts because of it.
    I always find the posts complaining about others complaining so amusing.

  17. #42
    The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Posts
    2,293
    I appreciate the acknowledgement from TG. The shoulders or not a huge deal for me. I would not have noticed the problem myself. I'm very content with what we are getting with Roboto. Mattel, TG, and the 4 Horsemen did us all a MAJOR SOLID by including the moving gears!!!!!! That more than makes up for this minor problem. I'm loving the looks of the upcoming lineup as well!!!

    LONG LIVE MOTUC's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,672
    "Ouch, right in the wallet!"

    lol my thoughts exactly. Too much good stuff coming out!
    I'm really happy with the fact the shadow beast will be a multipack. Also $15 for the weapon rack is great to hear.

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    They dont offer any compinsation for a defective figure..... typical.

    Offer us free shipping for something, maybe a trade for a re-release down the road. Mattel suck.
    They still haven't done anything about those defective Goddess figures people bought. At the very least they should release a statement promising that a corrected version will definitely be reissued. It'd be a nice gesture.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,841
    I'm not worried about Roboto's shoulders. Such a small issue IMO. It's King Hiss' snake body I want fixed!

    I really need more stands but with Shadow Beasts and Palace Guards coming out in January I just don't think I need the stands that desperately!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  21. #46
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Wow this statement is huge news. I am more angry at January's sale than I am about Roboto's misassembly.

    I am a loose and MOC collector so it works out like this for me;

    2 x Roboto with shoulders that don't bother me

    Vs

    2 x Bow
    3 x Shadow Beast
    4 x Palace Guards
    5+ x Grayskull Stands (no telling when they get reissued again)
    That is a lot of money to be spending straight after Christmas.

    I really think the Palace Guards should have been bumped to February as there is only Vikor in that month.

    I guess the only positive thing out of this is some people may not be able to afford everything in January which means I should get everything I want. Still, it wouldn't hurt to change the Guards to February

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    January is gonna be a fight to the finish and I'll be so ticked off if I cant get a Bow!
    I think for people that just want Bow the other offerings will help out a bit, people can't buy everything especially in this economy sad as it is to say. I might try for the stands as well but really need to reign in my spending these days, definitely made the right decision not to get the sub-there is no way I could have afforded all of this without it really having to dip into other budgets because I just don't have that much disposable income. Was also wanting the palace guards but I'm going to have to pass I think and hope for a reissue down the road when I won't want anything else.

    Bow I can't wait for, I'll get him there, here, or on Ebay even if I have to pay more but with upped production and so much else being sold I'm not too worried. I do love Bow and will be so happy to have him. Other than him it looks like I won't be getting much for the known future, I may try and buy the map from someone that has no need for it but that's about it. I have most of the figs being reissued and just have no space for beasts, and the other new figs I'm just not feeling, Panthor I'd like but not as he is-if there's a ever flocked one I'll totally go for that though. If April is Manny I might get him, is there any chance it's Ram Man? I'd totally go for him too.

  23. #48
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Im Glad TG faced the Roboto issue head on, Thanks Scott.

    But ,Seriously???? did any thought go into the january line up? I have zero issues with bow and Shadowbeast as my sub will handle those. But the guards and the stands the same day???

    (I know Im gonna cop it for even suggesting this) But cant the Guards move to February, when theres only Vikor? Theres not even a Reissue that month, so why not make the stands available then too.

    Im not saying we deserve a favor for the Roboto issue (Personally I dont care,he will be at the back of my display cabinet-Ive never liked him!) but hows about cutting us a break with the January overload!



    ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  24. #49
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im Glad TG faced the Roboto issue head on, Thanks Scott.

    But ,Seriously???? did any thought go into the january line up? I have zero issues with bow and Shadowbeast as my sub will handle those. But the guards and the stands the same day???

    (I know Im gonna cop it for even suggesting this) But cant the Guards move to February, when theres only Vikor? Theres not even a Reissue that month, so why not make the stands available then too.

    Im not saying we deserve a favor for the Roboto issue (Personally I dont care,he will be at the back of my display cabinet-Ive never liked him!) but hows about cutting us a break with the January overload!



    ka
    I said the same thing in my post above.

    January overload sale is so much worse than Roboto's shoulders

  25. #50
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I said the same thing in my post above.

    January overload sale is so much worse than Roboto's shoulders
    Couldnt agree more. We dont 'do' christmas in our house so thats not so much of an issue, its just that thats a lot of cash to blow in one month, especially when you factor in the postage to aus x 2!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •