Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Word From Toyguru About Roboto

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Wow this statement is huge news. I am more angry at January's sale than I am about Roboto's misassembly.
    I'd have to agree with you here. Moving the Palace Guards to February would be greatly appreciated and alleviate things greatly for a lot of people. Doubt anything will change though...I already felt the high levels of stress and worry for that month now.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I hardly call TG's statement anything positive.

"Crap happens, get over it. We may or may not fix it down the line. Regardless, you're stuck with incorrectly constructed figures and no, subscribers, there's no opting out."

I usually feel bad for the dude, but not with this mealy-mouthed spew, and ESPECIALLY with his ham-handed attempt at diversion with the other items.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

February has just been named MOTU Fan Bank Account Recovery Month.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    February has just been named MOTU Fan Bank Account Recovery Month.
    Not necessarily. I'll be spending my money on Rogaine and Just For Men. I wonder how many more people will be doing the same?

I have a 2011 sub and kinda wish I didn't if this is the level of QC. Maybe my credit card will "expire" and I'll get out of my subscription. I guess I can make mistakes too...
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I'm sorry, but this:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Bow (2011 sub figure)
    Shadow Beast (2011 sub quarterly beast/multipack)
    Palace Guards (2010 item delated slightly)
    Castle Grayskull stands (reissue)
    Evil Lyn reissue
    Is insane!

There's no way I can drop that much cash on these things in one month! >.< ARGH! I'd be looking to get all of those. Well, guess I could always wait for a reissue of the Shadow Beast or the Guards. I'd have to. Unless one of them was bumped to February, of course...
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

I'm glad that Toyguru finally said something. I can understand why people are upset, with that said, I myself am not. That line up is stellar!! $15 for the weapons rack is awesome! I can't believe the sub exclusive items will be shipping so early! Lots to look forward to and oh yeah…can't wait to hear who that yet to be announced figure is!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Good lord Mattel! Space the products out! We cant afford to drop over $100 a month time after time! January's sale is simply too crowded!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    If January stays as is, Ill be getting only 2 Guards sets, I wanted 3,I was planning on buying 6 sets of Stands, Now I'll buy none.

It wont even register as a blip on Mattels radar, cos they will all still sell, but it matters to me.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I have two subs and want two sets of guards (a figure for each head), so that's surely over $200 after shipping. If I start saving now, I gotta bank $15 a week from now until then. Ouch.

MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Warrior
    This whole Roboto thing sounds like a way Mattel can Sqeeeze !!(no pun intended)a few more dollars out of us idiots.I mean its smart really,first you make a figure and then you announce there is a problem and we can't fix it because its to late,then you say we will fix it somewhere down the line.Now what happens with the original screwed up figure?it becomes a chase figure that makes the price go up and they can make a whole new figure using the same molds just fixing the mistake and resale that figure as a whole new figure all the while we idiots who love MOTUC will eagerly buy it because we just have to have this Roboto because it is different than the original chase figure.It reminds me of the whole Moss Man ordeal.I wonder how many figures down the road are going to "accidently"have mistakes so Mattel will have to fix them.Maybe a Nijor figure with no mustache and a fro...or better yet a Clamp Champ that was accidently made into a white man instead of a black man.Hey these things just happen and we are really sorry.

Not a sub user and I bought Roboto yesterday because the shoulders don't bother me, but Toyguru on the behalf of Mattel should offer the sub users a $5-10 coupon to use on anything they want from Matty's site for this to show they care for their most loyal customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    I have two subs and want two sets of guards (a figure for each head), so that's surely over $200 after shipping. If I start saving now, I gotta bank $15 a week from now until then. Ouch.

http://www.itsalltrue.net/forum/shar...tsavingnow.jpg
    Putting that much product in one month is a real **** move.

I suppose "logistics" prevented them from putting the Royal Guards on a month with only one release, huh?
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybones View Post
    ........gnjhgjg

Yes they do... They always have...(they have taken figures back, & sent new)

But whats defective about roboto shoulders? Nothing, it was a mistake. big deal, it REALLY doesn't matter...

I wish they'd just stop helping out he-man fans and making figures, if people are gonna rip them apart and analyze every possible thing that could possssibly go wrong.
    Sorry you dont like my P.O.V., but I dont like to waste 30 bucks on something that "may not" have been defective 24hr before the item was sent out. Its not the end of the world, but itd be nice if they did something to make amends with their mistake.

If your comfortable with spending alot of money on figures that "may or may not" have issues, please... share the wealth!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Ive already said I was passing on the stands etc, but heres my bill for January if I dont.

Subs-
    Bow x 3 =$60
    Shadowbeast x 3 =$90

Extras-
    Guards x 3 =$120
    Stands x 6 =$60 (I cant remember how much they were, so I guessed $10)

Total $330

And thats before Postage x 2!!!!

Seriously...*** are they doin?

ka

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I suppose "logistics" prevented them from putting the Royal Guards on a month with only one release, huh?
    At this point, the only 'logistics' in the way of easing fan's concerns would be how long Mattel can afford to warehouse the 2pks with DCL (DR's distribution wing). It's unlikely to be a cost Mattel is willing to incur.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    make sure you use that awesome 'Saving Banner' as your signature over at Matty...actually we all should use it!

would that be ok?

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Not a sub user and I bought Roboto yesterday because the shoulders don't bother me, but Toyguru on the behalf of Mattel should offer the sub users a $5-10 coupon to use on anything they want from Matty's site for this to show they care for their most loyal customers.
    I completely agree. I'm not a subscriber too but I've been faithful to the line and purchased almost the entire line so I can understand. And even though I'm not "locked in" to get all these items its obvious that this coming January will be brutal for most and a coupon would do wonders.

I saw someone say that pushing the Royal Guards 2pk to February would help and i also agree with that. It would help but even then we're talking 1 monthly sub figure, 1 large scale beast, the set of stands and a reissued main character. With or without the 2pk its still a top-heavy month.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Too bad about the Roboto thing! I love Roboto and I'm just happy to get him. I bet if it was never even mentioned I probably wouldn't have even noticed, at least not for a long time. And something seriously must get moved out into February on this release schedule! That's already 2 Bow's and 2 Shadow Beasts and if I want the Eternian Palace Guards thats going to be a butt-load more money. I usually get two of everything and was going to get 3 Palace Guards but now I'm debating. That's a lot to have to spend so close to Christmas too. Everybody's catching up from the Christmas spending at that point. If one of these beast figures doesn't get moved back, there will be no extras...bottom line. I would jump on the re-release and stands but if we don't see a change I'll have to pass on them to get me figures the way I want them. If I don't get my figures, I'm going to want to break something.
    GIFSoup
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

OK, I am confused. Are Roboto's shoulders' moulds cast incorrectly? Does the right should have an R or L? Toy Guru said that these things are difficult to correct but if the left shoulder is simply in the right socket, wouldn't they merely need to put them in the correct socket on a re-issue? Or was the left should cast as the right shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    OK, I am confused. Are Roboto's shoulders' moulds cast incorrectly? Does the right should have an R or L? Toy Guru said that these things are difficult to correct but if the left shoulder is simply in the right socket, wouldn't they merely need to put them in the correct socket on a re-issue? Or was the left should cast as the right shoulder?
    And now you see the fallacy of laboring to interpret the drivel that is TG-Double-Speak...

I bet you don't try that again!

For me, here's why I didn't like the statement and how they handled it.
    Defective or not, I already purchased two of them and now TG is basically telling me to enjoy them for now and they'll reissue it again so I can buy two of them once more just like I wanted them the first time!!
    At least offer a spare part or something man or maybe a discount when the reissue happens.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I think he means, that its a matter of a complete 2nd production run to correct it for us. which would -I imagine- entail delaying another figure that is possibly slated to be manufactured next -possibly Bow or Vikor, depending on how far in advance the figures are made and shipped!

he's basically saying 'theres nothing we can do about it now' Im ok with that, I dont really care.

I wonder if he was tempted to say 'you guys are so good, why didnt you notice it at SDCC time??'

ka

[/CENTER]

I'd personally like to find a way to fix this but it will take time. We don't have a reissue planned right now but it doesn't mean it is out of the question. I'm sorry for those whom were counting on the tech detail pattern on the shoulder going the other direction. I'll take the fall on this one and just let you know we continue to be vigilant on getting the best collector product out there. Sometimes we hit a problem. But the important thing is we will try to correct this one day. It just won't be in the immediate future.

Reissuing a figure correctly and giving people the chance to BUY the reissue is not a good PR movement on the mistakes made with the first figure released.

That just gives Mattel a reason to "accidentally" make a mistake on a first release figure just to have it corrected for the reissue, causing many fans/customers who want the corrected version to spend more money, in order to get it.......and Mattel banking on the mistake by getting extra money by some fans who may not have bought a reissue.

Mattel........you admitted the mistake. Whether the figure is functional with the articulation or not......bad cosmetics on a figure is still a defective figure.
    Reissuing the figure in corrected form and making customers buy the reissue does not solve the problem, nor does it make the problem ok.

How about looking into all the orders for the first release of Roboto, and replacing them for free with the corrected reissue? This wasn't just a few that were defective, but the whole production. It's time that you pay for your OWN mistakes.......and not make the customers pay for it.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

he's basically saying 'theres nothing we can do about it now' Im ok with that, I dont really care.
    You put the quotation in the wrong place...

He's basically saying: "There's nothing we can do about it now. I'm OK with that."

There, I fixed it!