Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Official Word From Toyguru About Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You wouldn't fare any better with Hasbro. As a former G.I. Joe collector, I know. They constantly put out product that has qc issues and they hardly ever communicate with fans the way and frequent amount TG does (and I'm referring to the constant news and positive communication). I was gung-ho (no pun intended) for the Joe 25th line, but when I realized that 1) they would come no where close to completing the original line, and 2) you basically had to customize every other figure to make it look like the original figure, I quit the line. You shouldn't have to customize anything if the point is to update the vintage, classic figures/vehicles/playsets. MOTUC is far superior to that line.

I also know that with Star Wars (though I don't collect that stuff) that there are constant re-releases, re-paints, re-dos, etc. The same thing happened with 2th Joe: you'd buy one Cobra Commander, then have to buy him three more times to obtain a better, truer version to the classic.

Aside from the occasional paint app mistake or loose ankle, or the inept ordering website known as Mattycollector.com, MOTUC is better in every other way. The only thing I have "customized" is Hordak's black crossbow; I made it white since Mattel seems opposed to giving us a true white or off-white one as it should be.
    I was more blowing off steam than really thinking about going over to Hasbro. The only thing I really think Hasbro kills Mattel in is getting a lot of their franchises out to the public. They may have a lot of failures, but with all of the comics, movies, cartoons, and reboots of their toylines, they give the fans a lot of options. I do love G.I. Joe & Star Wars but not the way Hasbro releases them. G.I. Joe has toy waves with multiple canons in them(unless you know the difference between Resolute & 25th Anniversary, you won't know what's what) and so many releases that you'd have to practically be a millionaire to collect them all. I also hate the way they have a new "title" for every wave(often 2 or 3 selling at the same time). I look at the Star Wars & Transformers products and really can't tell if they are all part of the same collection with new packaging or are separate series.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

January 18th?

Just to raise something completely different:

Does anyone know why the January sale date is the 18th?
    The 15th is a Saturday, so I was expecting the sale to be shifted to the Monday, but that's the 17th not the 18th?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Holiday--MLK.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I usually feel the verbal attacks against ToyGuru are immature and/or unwarranted. Not this time. To brush off a mistake by saying "at least we caught a bunch of other problems" is asinine. It's your job. That's like a cop saying "unfortunately we couldn't catch that bad guy but we've caught a bunch in the past". Personally, I wouldn't even have noticed the error with Roboto since I rarely catch any of these things brought up on this site(Bow's boots, the lack of females, Royal Guards' boots, characters switching gauntlets). That still doesn't make it right. They should have delayed Roboto and moved Grizzlor up to October. He'd have fit better for the month with Halloween in it anyway(much like Scare Glow would have last October). Also, diverting everyone's attention, or at least attempting to, with the updated release schedule was as blatant and underhanded as the "best" politician out there. Bad form Mattel!

I also feel the overload of toys in January is garbage. Not only is the economy bad & a lot of us are currently or previously out-of-work, it's also right after the holidays(most of us celebrate something around December). Obviously Mattel has no problem with late releases(ahem...Royal Guards). They really couldn't have moved 1 or 2 of the January releases over to February? It's too bad Hasbro isn't putting out any franchises or toylines that I like. I'd consider seeing if I fared any better with them. I miss Kenner.
    Yes Kenner was great...they did a great job on the Jurassic Park line...but Hasbro messed that up when they took over and reduced the size of figures and dinosaurs/prehistoric animals...they wanted to fit it to Star Wars and now JPIII does not fit to the previous series at all! Ultra stupid! I don't like Hasbro either and I think TG is not doing a good job at the moment, hope that changes soon!

I do not care about the full January, but I can totally understand that many here do. I rather have the Guards moved again than the Shadow Beast. Due to the fact that the Shadow Beast is part of the sub I think they rather move the Guards IF they move anything at all...and I don't see that coming! Fortunatelly I do not care about the stands and have Evil-Lyn already!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Holiday--MLK.
    Another holiday release they screwed up. Not only should Scare Glow & Grizzlor been released in October for Halloween instead of November, Mattel could have released Clamp Champ for MLK Day.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I just don't think Mattel has as many cash cows.
    That is the fault of Mattel.

They gave us a ****** Masters Movie in the 80s as the line was dying.
    They screwed the pooch with Masters in 200x with their VERY intelligent case assortment distribution.
    The only brands that they put any real effort into are Barbie and Hot Wheels.

Mattel is content to be a pretty decent Semi-Pro team, while Hasbro trains to win the Super Bowl every year.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; October 17, 2010 at 04:36pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Do you think Eternia has hate groups like the Klu Klux Klan and the Bloods and Crips and if so do you think Mattel will make figures?
    Last edited by KingRondor; October 17, 2010 at 04:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I usually feel the verbal attacks against ToyGuru are immature and/or unwarranted. Not this time. To brush off a mistake by saying "at least we caught a bunch of other problems" is asinine. It's your job. That's like a cop saying "unfortunately we couldn't catch that bad guy but we've caught a bunch in the past".
    I gotta agree. It's TG's job to catch these kind of things. I feel no sympathy for him or Mattel. Once again, they screwed up and just gave an "oh well" response to the problem cause they know that with the subs they already got our support whether we like it or not.

I wonder if the Evil-Lyn reissue will revert to the harder plastic outfit...

I'm not too worried about Roboto's shoulders, but to say it's not a defect is ridiculous. Any other reputable company that shipped a item that was wrong due to their error would refund or do exchanges at their cost. Worst case, I like the idea of a coupon as mentioned in a previous post. Who with a sub, wouldn't be able to use $5-10 off down the road.

January is a little ridiculous too. While thankfully the money is not an issue for me, for some collector's it is. While Mattel provides a lot of fan service, they do make some poor collector-based decisions. Why is that? When it comes down to it, they are a company. They are making decisions that benefit them. Unfortunately, we've proved we aren't going anywhere.
    Love, peace and TOYS!
    www.OpenYourToys.com

Despite the brand being managed by a self proclaimed fan many of Mattel's decisions are the exact opposite of fan friendly. Denying that Roboto is defective is unconscionable. Admitting that the entire run of Green Goddess figures was defective and not making any attempt to make it right is too.

If it weren't for the amazing talents of the Four Horsemen and the love many fans have for the property itself Mattel would have probably killed the line already just like they did with the 200X line.

I would love to see this line continue for a long time which is why it's so painful to see Mattel continually screw up and almost willfully anger their fan base.
    Last edited by Hosed Ovor; October 17, 2010 at 05:33pm.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It was a mistake, it happens, yes, and I have no problem with that. However, how did NO ONE at the factory they were being made in not notice this??? Do they not have a supervisor?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It was a mistake, it happens, yes, and I have no problem with that. However, how did NO ONE at the factory they were being made in not notice this??? Do they not have a supervisor?
    That's the one thing that I've been SCREAMING about since He-Man's anatomically-IMPOSSIBLE deltiods (I'm a meat-head, it's the first thing I noticed!).

They do NOT have a QC person on the floor in China. You'd think that the 2nd largest toy-maker in the world would have at least ONE person to check on these things. Hell, if you don't want to station them there, pay for a freakin' plane ticket once a month so this crap doesn't happen!

Mattel is lazy, lazy, lazy.
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    ToyGuru,

It's an absolute joke to hear you guys say we catch HUNDREDS OF MISTAKES BEFORE THEY GO INTO PRODUCTION and yet Mattel still can't produce half swords in MOTUC that are able to fit together fresh out of the package.

The quality control at Mattel is an absolute joke. Its a farce.

Fans should not have to pay or settle for a defective or improperly made product. We are the consumers. It is our money. Mattel just saying it functions fine, whatever. It's like that episode of Animaniacs where a jerk is selling broken items at his garage sale and says the toy being broken is SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! IT GIVES IT CHARACTER.
    Last edited by TheVileOne; October 17, 2010 at 05:44pm.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    ToyGuru,

It's an absolute joke to hear you guys say we catch HUNDREDS OF MISTAKES BEFORE THEY GO INTO PRODUCTION and yet Mattel still can't produce half swords in MOTUC that are unable to fit together fresh out of the package.

The quality control at Mattel is an absolute joke. Its a farce.

Fans should not have to pay or settle for a defective or improperly paid product. We are the consumers. It is our money. Mattel just saying it functions fine, whatever. It's like that episode of Animaniacs where a jerk is swelling broken items at his garage sale and says the toy being broken is SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! IT GIVES IT CHARACTER.
    Quoted for truth!

First thing I'll do after opening Roboto and Glory-ing in him, and checking out the action feature & if/how it affects the toy's asthetic, is see if I can take apart his chest and exchange the arm parts. If not, I"ll deal with it.

I am going to save for january. Bow, Shadowbeast, Guards, must have. Luckily already have Evil Lyn and no desire for the stands. As it turns out, the reviews of them turned me off and made me feel lucky I hadnt bought them at the time.

I'd like to see another confirmation about Faceless one Being May's 2011 figure, as we've known. Or does it go without saying?

I do feel Mattel is either A) Scared or B) not doing quite as well with this line as their enthusiasm for an expanded line seemed to indicate. I'm guessing that they know they can perhaps push this line further than they dared hope, but are still borderlining what they can do.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    First thing I'll do after opening Roboto and Glory-ing in him, and checking out the action feature & if/how it affects the toy's asthetic, is see if I can take apart his chest and exchange the arm parts. If not, I"ll deal with it.

I am going to save for january. Bow, Shadowbeast, Guards, must have. Luckily already have Evil Lyn and no desire for the stands. As it turns out, the reviews of them turned me off and made me feel lucky I hadnt bought them at the time.

I'd like to see another confirmation about Faceless one Being May's 2011 figure, as we've known. Or does it go without saying?

I do feel Mattel is either A) Scared or B) not doing quite as well with this line as their enthusiasm for an expanded line seemed to indicate. I'm guessing that they know they can perhaps push this line further than they dared hope, but are still borderlining what they can do.

I wouldn't blame Mattel for the latter. I could tell for ages--long before those 2-Packs were warming pegs at TRU--that this line wasn't doing anything near what people thought it was doing.

They have good reason for not jumping in head-first with this line; I certainly wouldn't blame them.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I wouldn't blame Mattel for the latter. I could tell for ages--long before those 2-Packs were warming pegs at TRU--that this line wasn't doing anything near what people thought it was doing.

They have good reason for not jumping in head-first with this line; I certainly wouldn't blame them.
    This is an even better reason to be a little less dismissive when issues like Roboto shoulders arise.

The "hardcore" fanbase is the only (seemingly) fanbase.

Widget

Roboto has 2 right shoulders!!! Not swapped.

Look closely at the shoulders,it's the same piece,same shoulder,if you switch them,it's going to be the same problem.

Toy guru please notice this!!!!!!!!!!

Roboto has two right shoulders

You may indeed have 2 right shoulders, but that's not the common issue.