Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Roboto compare to his other versions?

How does MOTUC Roboto compare to his other versions?

It's that time again! Whether you loved the moving gears and mouth of the vintage 80's figure, the unique sculpt of the 200X, or the articulation and size of the MOTUC. What's your preference? I have to go with the 200X version this time. I just loved his look and those big moon boots are awesome!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Ha-HA! Finally, we both have the same amount of a figure! No obscure versions to pull out for Roboto, eh? Unless you're hiding something....

Anyway, I can never compare this guy. I love all the versions! I'm especially fond of the fact that ALL of them have working gears. Awesome!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Personally I would have preferred a 200X design Roboto in MOTU Classics scale.

I have never liked the duck billed head design of the vintage figure.

I don't really care about any of them.

a Muppet of a man...
    Thanks for the comparison pics!

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Personally I would have preferred a 200X design Roboto in MOTU Classics scale.

I have never liked the duck billed head design of the vintage figure.
    I would have settled for a 200X-ish head, but what can you do? All in all (and shoulder's aside) I'm digging him.

I think I prefer the 200x version, even though I don't own him. Haven't received my MOTUC version yet, but he does look pretty cool. I never cared for Roboto as a kid, and thus I do not have the original anymore. I never quite understood the colors or the red beak. Just an odd design choice.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    The legs look oddly long to me on the MOTUC version. I haven't gotten mine, yet, so maybe it's just the pics.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It's the MOTUC version for me. I don't see how 200X Roboto is supposed to walk with those thunder calves of his. He'd be clanging them against himself trying to walk in a straight line...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; October 20, 2010 at 01:06pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wow. I didn't realize MOTUC Roboto and vintage Roboto were quite so similar in design. The upper body is almost exactly the same.

I vote 200x.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

The 200x version is my favorite. I love the big boots. I love the head on that version the best.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

MOTUC all the way.

The 200x version could be any generic robot/Iron Man type guy.

When you see Vintage and MOTUC Roboto, you know exactly who that is and where he belongs.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    200X Roboto. He would be even better if it were not for those insanely large boots.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

That being said, I think MOTUC Roboto would have benefited with a 200x head and hand attachments, best of both words = perfect Roboto.

I liked the 200X versions metallic colours, but still don't get why the 4HM gave him those giant feet.

Overall, MOTUC Roboto is the best.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    200X Roboto. He would be even better if it were not for those insanely large boots.
    I usually hate the 200X stuff (and I agree with MGM about those ridiculous, unusable boots on 200X Roboto) so I prefer the MOTUC Roboto.

However, I do wish they had put more 200X design (as in 'any') in the MOTUC head. That duckbill confused me in the 80s and is flatout silly in 2010.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! - BLAST ATTAK! - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - Flying Fists He-Man
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MULTI-BOT! - NINJOR! - Peekablue
    Perfuma - Rotar - Saurod - SSSQUEEZE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Twistoid

MOTUC all the way. The 200X stuff is just way too anime looking in my book.

I won't deal with the QC in this thread because that is a Mattel issue. I usually love the Horsemen's work, but imo they missed the mark terribly with Roboto. I wanted to wait until I had him in hand before I gave a final assessment, and that was today. His upper body is way too small for his legs (a general problem with the Trap-Jaw leg molds imo period) and compared to the other Masters. And I know it's not because of the gears, because a larger cavity would have been easier to fit the gears in. And what's with the much longer than the original duck-billed mouth too? All the proportions feel off. The original head and body look better than this 2010 version. The colors could have been slightly muted for my taste as well. He looks like a clown next to the other Masters. He just doesn't look like he fits in this line. And I know this was on the original, but what is Roboto doing with flesh upper legs? As a 7 year-old that escaped me, but now it's a tad insulting. I feel childish for this rant, but I just had to say this. I know they won't change anything for the reissue accept the shoulders, but I wish they would go back to the drawing board. Just my opinion. And I'm not one to usually complain. It's a great line. I'm just spoiled I guess. Between the 200X and this MOTUC, I'm 95% of the time pleased with the designs. I just believe that some of the proportional stuff got mixed up by accident. I have a hard time thinking the four horsemen final product looked like what we have now.

I'm not entirely sure why, but I really freakin love these threads! I have to go with 200X on this one. While Classics is by far the best MOTU line ever, 200X Roboto and Trap Jaw simply cannot be topped in terms of spectacular sculpts.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Got to go with vintage.
    I feel that the MOTUC one is really quite a letdown.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    My vote is for the Classics version. It's a nice update on the vintage version, which I absolutely loved. The 200x version had some nice updates, but I'm not sure it would translate well (the oversized attachments, the enormous boots, etc.) I did have a good time posing my Roboto, and when the corrected shoulder version comes out, this Roboto may go to work with me to occupy space on my desk.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I have to go with the 200X Roboto. I wish his boots/legs weren't so extremely large though.

200X Roboto LOOKS like a robot: sleek design, shiny metal look, extremely clear chest with chest armour.

MOTUC Roboto kind of looks like a guy/duck in spandex wearing a robot suit. He looks more like an alien species with a translucent chest...like certain fish have. *shrugs* That's just me.

I would LOVE a MOTUC version of a 200X Roboto. He would be so awesome looking!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Look, the original vintage Weapons were from a lot better quality and the ax had more details

vintage, classics, then 200x. 200x looks like he is trying to overcompensate for his small head with his big feet.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    200x, for me, wins out on all levels.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

In this case I prefer the MOTUC over the 200x. Those feet have always been way too big to me. He had the start of a great figure until they got to the feet.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!