Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.46!

I am not sure I understand this SKU thing. Does that mean they cannot change anything for a re-release figure (e.g. a paint app, non-glued instead of glued wings, existing closed hand instead of open hand)? It seem like it.

But then they did change some re-releases...

Does that mean the re-release of He-Man (changed shoulders and less red around the eyes) has been a refresh that has taken away a development slot from an all-new character?

I fear for the line if left to hand of you guys!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    When or IF Mattel gets the Filmation rights, expect requests to get the third villager on the right from episode 85.
    Too Much "Detail". Did you watch the show while viewing this thread or you know every detail of the Filmation cartoon?

Reminds me, If Josh is coming out as a figures, how about the whole rebellion in some scene in Filmation POP.
    Last edited by Fendi; October 18, 2010 at 02:42pm.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Josh seems like an average male Rebellion guy.

Josh--Heroic soldier in the Great Rebellion?
    The only way I think they could make Josh work is if he came in an army-builder 2-pack of "Etherian Rebels," and his name were alluded to in the bio (like Lt. Spector).

An Etherian Rebel pack would be cool. It could be two men (short supply in the POP source material available to Mattel). One could be wearing normal peasant clothes (like Josh), one could have some sort of armor for Brightmoon or something.

They could come with repainted weapons (rusty or wooden... The wooden mace would be perfect... Perhaps if we get Oo-Larr with a spear, the spear could come with them too). They could even come with "supplies.". There have to be plastic boxes or cartons, from Barbie playsets or something, that could be made to look like rations or food crates fir the rebel camp.

The cooler the extras, the better it would sell. Plus they wouldn't HAVE to be Rebels... They could be Eternian people for those that don't care for POP.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I am not sure I understand this SKU thing. Does that mean they cannot change anything for a re-release figure (e.g. a paint app, non-glued instead of glued wings, existing closed hand instead of open hand)? It seem like it.

But then they did change some re-releases...

Does that mean the re-release of He-Man (changed shoulders and less red around the eyes) has been a refresh that has taken away a development slot from an all-new character?
    No, the He-Man reissue had no newly sculpted parts or paint ops. All they did was reduce the red on his face & put the shoulders on correctly. It wouldn't have eaten into another figure's budget.

Skeletor's closed hand was reused from Zodac. No new sculpting was required.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    When or IF Mattel gets the Filmation rights, expect requests to get the third villager on the right from episode 85.
    There weren't three villagers visible in the whole of "The Rainbow Warrior"

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Did somebody really ask for a figure called Josh?
    I asked the question. And i have another one.

Is there any particular reason that MOTU fans are entitled to ask for character x,y,z until we're ALL blue in the face, but PoP fans can't ask ONE measly question about the ONE obscure mini-comic character that we have?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Too Much "Detail". Did you watch the show while viewing this thread or you know every detail of the Filmation cartoon?
    No. I was just generalizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    There weren't three villagers visible in the whole of "The Rainbow Warrior" http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...yED/qmtung.gif
    ROFLMAO!
    I KNEW somebody would correct me on this.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    found this sketch of josh by gbagok:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eria/josh0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I asked the question. And i have another one.

Is there any particular reason that MOTU fans are entitled to ask for character x,y,z until we're ALL blue in the face, but PoP fans can't ask ONE measly question about the ONE obscure mini-comic character that we have?
    I don't remember saying that they couldn't!

I just heard the name Josh and thought it was funny! ie. the name josh doesn't exactly scream "evil master of..." or "heroic something...".
    At least to me it doesn't.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Geldor/Lodar > Josh
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Geldor/Lodar > Josh
    You are being generous!

How about:

Leon/Consul Ari -> Josh
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    You are being generous!

How about:

Leon/Consul Ari -> Josh
    That certainly crossed my mind!
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I'm all for Josh being included in MOTUC! If Vikor or Demo Man can be made why not a unique character that ACTUALLY existed in the media that made it off the cutting room floor? Josh deserves a crack at a figure as much as any other obscure mini comic character. I agree with bcrduke, the best way to do him would probably be in a rebel 2 pack (similar to the RoyaL Guards). Josh could be the named figure, like Lt Spector will be in the upcomming two pack. The other could be Just a generic Rebel. There are some great POP mini comic character that deserve consideration for MOTUC. Here are a few! (I have also used Gbagoks fantastic designs!)

The Seeress of Etheria (Early Light Hope concept if I am not mistaken)

Comic reference - Journey to Mizar
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_...00075190/05-06.shtml

Josh (Bow's Friend)

Comic References - Across The Crystal Light Barrier
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_...00076120/13-14.shtml

http://old.he-man.org/primary_...00076120/03-04.shtml

Catra's Cat Warriors'

Comic references - Journey to Mizar
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_...00075190/11-12.shtml

http://old.he-man.org/primary_...00075190/13-14.shtml
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 18, 2010 at 09:56pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Folks, your fellow fans can ask about character they are interested in.

If you are not interested in it, that's cool.
    But let's not deteriorate into a bunch of bullies making fun of other fans' interests just because you don't share their same preferences in characters.
    That's uncalled for.

Let's see some more courteous behavior from now on on these forums.
    Go elsewhere if you're going to be a jerk.

Push out the hate, bring in the love!

I'd definitely be up for a Seeress or some of Catra's cat warriors - and of course the awesome Cat-birds!

4. Eric:
    We've seen the word "refresh" used since the line's inception in regards to updating or changing already-released figures. Are there any plans set to finally refresh a character beyond the Toys-R-Us 2-packs, or are we only going to get duplicate re-releases?

If we “refreshed” a character (i.e worked on it) it would count as a “development SKU” and this would take a development slot away from another all-new character. If we see overwhelming demand for us to “refresh” an older character (e.g. Faker with a new head) we could look into that, but right now we would prefer to use all of our limited development SKUs and resources to making new characters!
    This is an answer I don't understand. I thought when TG talked about 'refreshed' versions of figures, he was talking either potential A-list variants (quarterly releases) or TRU 2 paks. i.e. 200x Randor as a way to refresh King Randor. Is TG now saying some of these variants are not on the table (at least for the forseeable future) as A-list variants?

What does this answer mean?
    What does it mean for 200x Evil Lyn, Blonde long hair Teela, blue vest Adam, etc ...

This is an answer I don't understand. I thought when TG talked about 'refreshed' versions of figures, he was talking either potential A-list variants (quarterly releases) or TRU 2 paks. i.e. 200x Randor as a way to refresh King Randor. Is TG now saying some of these variants are not on the table (at least for the forseeable future) as A-list variants?

What does it mean for 200x Evil Lyn, Blonde long hair Teela, blue vest Adam, etc ...
    Basically nothing. All it's saying is that if more than the most minor changes are made (i.e., assembling stuff the right way round...), a figure takes up a variant slot (like KG v2).

So if there's overwhelming demand for something like a damaged Faker head, they'll do a new Faker with such a head as one of the four variants in a year (but unless they see that demand, they plan to keep to remaking existing toy or MYP looks in those slots) or as a fifth variant (delaying a new character).

Which is basically what Toyguru's said before. Ergo, nothing new.

[And remember, these Q&As are written by Mattel's PR dept, not Toyguru or his direct co-workers. A slight case of chinese whispers wouldn't be shocking...]
    Last edited by Reboot; October 18, 2010 at 08:24pm.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    5. zodak74:
    Many feel that the weapon Tytus originally comes with is not that great of an accessory (even though it is the same weapon Tytus came with in the original '80s line). However, since fans have acquired Gygor it is now known that Gygor's battle axe fits perfectly in Tytus' hand and frankly looks ten times better than the "warrior scooper"... so might we get Gygor's battle axe in a future weapons pak done in colors to match Tytus' color scheme?

Definitely a cool suggestion but we don’t have definite plans right now. You never know what the future will bring!
    A repainted Gygor axe for Tytus would be cool, but I'd rather we could go back in time and have a MOTUC Tytus release that was in scale to the weapon that the Tytus we did get came with!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Now, I realise this is a typo, but still
    Oops.

Anyway, everyone is free to think Josh is the bees knees or a stick in the mud.

I DO think Josh is very similar in design to Prince Adam, Gray and Adora though. Also, maybe he's the one who's really the Red Knight. He said he would only reveal his true identity once Etheria was free!

This means he would have to be someone we know and King Micah was prisoner on Horde World... I mean...if he revealed himself to be Steve from Accounting...whom nobody knows...there would be no drama.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

If Josh is the Red Knight, that's fine by me. I'm also happy if Mattel eventually release a 'People of MOTU' 2 pack with Josh and say ... Crusher ... as people and the fans can choose whether they buy em or not. The fans can decide if they are specific characters i.e. Josh from the mini-comic or generic villagers if they prefer.

Many fans here want to populate their MOTUC collection with random snake warriors, Guards, andreenids, etc, why should people be any different?

As it stands, I'd be quite happy to have Melaktha, Josh, Leon, Chad, Consul Ari, Chef Alan etc in my collection.

Love > Hate
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

While I don't see him as a high priority character, he does have potential, especially if they use more obscure characters as "fillers" to space out the line, and he could be an easy re-use of parts.

I LOVE the idea of Josh being the Red Knight. That is GENIUS!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm confused a little, too. Like I said in the question, we've heard them say "great way to refresh" all along (they still seem to be saying it). Were we misunderstanding what they meant? Or have they changed the definition? Or have they just eliminated it as a possibility?

To me, refresh meant a Magenta Faker or, as you said, Blonde Teela or Blue Vest Adam. Cause all we get now is exact re-releases -- nothing new. Hence my question of whether or not they'll ever do a refresh and add something unique to any characters or just stick with re-releases.

He-Man and Skeletor are going to see their third releases soon. Why not, finally, "refresh" He-Man with a color scheme to match the Horsemen's proto or refresh Skeletor with a dark blue costume to match the 8-back (just random examples)?

Basically nothing. All it's saying is that if more than the most minor changes are made (i.e., assembling stuff the right way round...), a figure takes up a variant slot (like KG v2).

So if there's overwhelming demand for something like a damaged Faker head, they'll do a new Faker with such a head as one of the four variants in a year (but unless they see that demand, they plan to keep to remaking existing toy or MYP looks in those slots) or as a fifth variant (delaying a new character).

Which is basically what Toyguru's said before. Ergo, nothing new.

[And remember, these Q&As are written by Mattel's PR dept, not Toyguru or his direct co-workers. A slight case of chinese whispers wouldn't be shocking...]
    But that gets back to my point: what did they mean by "refresh" since they've said it all along?

He's said it most recently regarding Roboto: a removable left hand would be a great way to refresh him. But are they ever going to do that? Cause all signs point to re-releases that are virtually carbon copies of the originals outside of QC issues.

For now, it's like they're saying, "That would be a great way to refresh that character! We have no plans of ever doing that, but it's still a great idea!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    But that gets back to my point: what did they mean by "refresh" since they've said it all along?

He's said it most recently regarding Roboto: a removable left hand would be a great way to refresh him. But are they ever going to do that? Cause all signs point to re-releases that are virtually carbon copies of the originals outside of QC issues.

For now, it's like they're saying, "That would be a great way to refresh that character! We have no plans of ever doing that, but it's still a great idea!"
    Refresh = variant. They've actually been fairly consistent about that.