Thread: INCORRECT RUMOR - Toy Guru NOT MOTUC Brand Manager?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar

INCORRECT RUMOR - Toy Guru NOT MOTUC Brand Manager?

Did I miss a memo?

Posted on the Matty board...

Originally posted by Catra's Wrath:
    Just to clarify here - Toy Guru isn't the brand manager of this line. toy Girl is. Toy Guru just communicates with the fans out of his sheer love and passion for the original line, which is why I find it unfair people attack him so, he's not even paid to deal with the fans.
    I would have thought I'd have caught that if it had been posted here already.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Alright!? I am not being sexist or anything but.....Who was the genius that put a woman in charge of Matty's biggest BOY action figure brand????
    I am all for good PR and all but most...and I do mean MOST...females just don't get the whole action figure thing like a guy does. We have plenty of female fans for the line....I get that...but the perspective will be totally different. IMHO this was a bad move.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Who is Toy Girl?

we were told a while back that TG was moving over to the green lantern line and would still be part of MOTUC but it wasn't his main line anymore I forget who got his MOTUC gig, but this is old news at least the TG not being motuc brand manager anymore. i think it was announced in spring
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Yes Toy Girl, show yourself! If Toyguru isn't "Paid to deal with the fans", and yet he does fairly frequently, then we should probably be reading some posts by her, right?

Scott explained all of this back at the Matty panel at SDCC.

"Toygirl" was at the panel passing out Swiftwind tickets.

Heard Toy Girl is pushing for a Cholo figure as a large scaled beast.

See...I KNEW I must have missed it.

That's what I get when I train for a competition...I can't remember ****.

I'm blaming it on the low carbs and daily double Stepmill sessions!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Did I miss a memo?

Posted on the Matty board...

I would have thought I'd have caught that if it had been posted here already.
    There's also a follow up post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Catra's Wrath
    TG used to be the brand manager, but when the Green Latern movie came up he had to focus all his efforts on that line. He takes an invested interested in the MOTUC line due to his sheer dedication to it, but technically speaking Toy Girl V.2 took over as brand manager for the line. I won't reveal her name or details as the minute every one found out TGs details they used it to say some very nasty stuff, so I want to avoid that kind of situation!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Heard Toy Girl is pushing for a Cholo figure as a large scaled beast.
    What, or who, is that?

What, or who, is that?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=198781

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I just looked at the Ask Matty boards and don't see it. Where is this located? Link?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

See...I KNEW I must have missed it.

That's what I get when I train for a competition...I can't remember ****.

I'm blaming it on the low carbs and daily double Stepmill sessions!
    possibly true as your brain feeds on carbs!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    possibly true as your brain feeds on carbs!
    My brain feeds on ZOMBIES!

See how I flipped it?

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Scott Neitlich is a Marketing Manager for Mattel's "Action Play Group." MOTUC is part of this group. He is still a Brand Manager for MOTUC.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 20, 2010 at 11:42pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    FanGirl2.0 aka Danielle.

She showed up on the .org during the Orko's Ears crisis. Remember her?

She doesn't post much at all. Only once here and three times on the Matty boards. She also appeared in Pixel Dan's SDCC video.

This is pure speculation, but I think that Danielle handles the day-to-day business end of MOTUC (which is why we don't hear from her much), while Toyguru interacts directly with the fans on his own time and not company time (answering questions on weekends and after hours), as he's currently working on the Green Lantern stuff. Because Scott is always around, people think he's still the brand manager when officially he's not.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Catra Wrath is incorrect. Danielle (Fan Girl 2.0) is the brand manager for the DCU line and reports in to me. I am the brand manager for GL movie and MOTUC. Danielle also handles our overall social media strategies. But I am still the day to day on MOTUC and everything surrounding it. Although I moved onto the GL movie line I still work on every aspect of MOTUC. It is kinda my baby and I just won't let it go! ;-)
    Last edited by Toyguru; October 20, 2010 at 10:00pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Danielle (Fan Girl 2.0) is the brand manager for the DCU line and reports in to me. I am the brand manager for GL movie and MOTUC.
    Okay! Thanks for clearing that up, TG!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

If only all of life's questions had such sudden and conclusive answers.

In some languages, Toyguru and Deus Ex Machina are the same word.

Catra Wrath is incorrect. Danielle (Fan Girl 2.0) is the brand manager for the DCU line and reports in to me. I am the brand manager for GL movie and MOTUC. Danielle also handles our overall social media strategies. But I am still the day to day on MOTUC and everything surrounding it. Although I moved onto the GL movie line I still work on every aspect of MOTUC. It is kinda my baby and I just won't let it go! ;-)
    HAHA!

Low carbs be damned! I KNEW I'd have remembered something like that!

WOW

Catheter's Rat was wrong? What a SHOCKER.
    My B/S/T

My feedback

Did you know that Mattel is trying to kill Teh Lien??

Quote Originally Posted by Lody View Post
    WOW

Post of the Day!

WOW

Post of the Day!
    Catra's wrath tries hard to keep the matty fans as informed as she can so lets not throw the baby out with the bath water here, we can all make a mistake! It's not an easy job being a mod, perticularly when people are just looking for something to attack when they become upset over issues like Robotto's arms! All things considerd I think Catra's Wrath does a great job and is a very fair and approachable moderator. When I had a problem with one of my She-Ra's she gave me some great advise on what to do and how to handle the situation and I know many other fans on matty who have also found her very approachable and willing to help if she can. She is not on the org so can't defend when orgers make comments like this. So I just wanted to share some of my experiences of the lady in question! :0)
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 20, 2010 at 11:38pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

WOW

[sarcasm] Oh, I see what you did there. How clever. You made fun of her and her screen name. You're awesome. [/sarcasm]

Since the mis-information has been cleared, this thread has run it's course.

Thanks for the clarification, TG!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback