Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysteries (or Plot Holes) of the MOTUC Bios

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Mysteries (or Plot Holes) of the MOTUC Bios

Welcome the the MOTUC Bio Mystery (or Plot-Hole) thread, Bio fans and Bio Critics. This is the place to go if you have a question about something peculiar about what was written in the bios.

I'll add them to the front of this thread if we can't debunk it OR a future bio doesn't answer these points.

MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

How did Prince Adam run around looking like He-Man unrecognized?

We have the mystery about young Prince Adam running around apparently without powers but wearing the techno-armor and techno-sword posing as He-Man during the search for the Power Sword. How did people not notice it was young Adam posing as He-Man?
    Teela's Change in Appearance?

Ever since we first saw Battleground Teela at NYTF, the biggest question on everyone's minds was why does she now have blonde hair and a new costume? While MOTU characters could simply change their clothes or dye their hair, most fans felt that the drastic change had to have been some plot device. Unfortunately, the reasoning that fans were anticipating wasn't mentioned at all in Battleground Teela's bio. TG says we'll get an explaination in someone else's bio.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Solved Mysteries

How did Skeletor kidnap Adora if he was trapped behind the Mystic Wall?
    A big question is how did Keldor, now Skeletor, get past the Mystic Wall to nab Adora? Wasn't he trapped there before the kids were born? He didn't get past the wall for +16 years...

Now it's mentioned that Hordak contracted Skeletor to take Adora, but was it Skeletor who took Adora or did someone else take Adora FOR Skeletor while he was trapped in the Mystic Wall?

Solved in Battle Armor Skeletor's Bio
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 18, 2011 at 06:02pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    If the Sword of He was originally split into two pieces why wasn't it split again rather than cloned ::shudders at the word usage:: to turn Adora into She-Ra, or rather, why, considering the amount of communication between the Overlords of Trolla and the Sorceress(s) of Grayskull, was a new sword not forged for her to become She-Ra?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

i have not clear if the twins were born before the mystic wall in this canon.

Personally I think the Mystic Wall is a dopey idea. The elders, who are the wisest of the wise decided it'd be a good idea to completely shut one hemisphere of the planet off from the other? Especially one that's lacking necessary supplies to keep up with a somewhat decent quality of life? No wonder they were all so freaking angry when it got brought down finally. It's like a Berlin Wall on a planetary scale.

Skeletor would be a hero to the people in the Dark Hemisphere. He's essentially fighting for them. No wonder he was able to get together a power base.

Elder Councilman
    well the "Masters" seem to have trouble with the idea of killing people, so what other suggestion do you have?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm wondering about the fate of the Green Goddess. We have established that she and the Sorceress are two different people. She supposedly trained heroes to defend Castle Grayskull and hide away one half of the power sword. It appears that she doesn't have anything with Prince Adam.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Personally I think the Mystic Wall is a dopey idea. The elders, who are the wisest of the wise decided it'd be a good idea to completely shut one hemisphere of the planet off from the other? Especially one that's lacking necessary supplies to keep up with a somewhat decent quality of life? No wonder they were all so freaking angry when it got brought down finally. It's like a Berlin Wall on a planetary scale.

Skeletor would be a hero to the people in the Dark Hemisphere. He's essentially fighting for them. No wonder he was able to get together a power base.

Why can't Keldor just be in hiding for all those years? It takes a long time to build up a power-base and the kind of supplies and contacts needed to overthrow a kingdom, especially a popular one. You don't need a wall for that.

I really like that idea of Skeletor as a hero. There have to be those, whether due to circumstance or otherwise, who are of a race, or a class that do not look favorably upon The House of Randor. The Dark Hemisphere could exist beyond a metaphorical rather than a physical wall. This is the area where Skeletor plots and is protected. To these people he is a hero. It instantly finds corollaries to modern politics and diplomacy.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

I think the Dark Hemisphere is just a euphemism for the basement and the mystic wall was more of a door. So Keldor was told to stay in the basement until he was good but he'd still come up to steal babies and drink directly from the royal milk carton and stuff. He'd usually wait until it was later so he wouldn't get yelled at as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post
    Why can't Keldor just be in hiding for all those years? It takes a long time to build up a power-base and the kind of supplies and contacts needed to overthrow a kingdom, especially a popular one. You don't need a wall for that.

I really like that idea of Skeletor as a hero. There have to be those, whether due to circumstance or otherwise, who are of a race, or a class that do not look favorably upon The House of Randor. The Dark Hemisphere could exist beyond a metaphorical rather than a physical wall. This is the area where Skeletor plots and is protected. To these people he is a hero. It instantly finds corollaries to modern politics and diplomacy.
    Grif, that's exactly what I was going for. Also, I posted the below in a thread yesterday that adds to this topic. It deals with no mystic wall and it keeps Skeletor as an actual apprentice to a physical Hordak, not some dope spectral being.

My ideas is after the Great Unrest, when Keldor is saved by Hordak is when he becomes his apprentice. In turn, Skeletor was the apprentice to Hordak, not necessarily Keldor, as he had not been merged with Demo-Man yet.

This brings up an interesting way to make it so no one knows Skeletor is Keldor. After his disfigurement and essential banishment Keldor seemingly died. Everyone thought he was dead. Keldor is then saved by Hordak. To repay Hordak the new creature of Skeletor becomes his chief lieutenant in the Horde Invasion of Eternia. He makes a name for himself as Skeletor, striking fear into the heart of everyone that sees him. When the Horde reaches the Palace of Eternos, Skeletor, knowing the Palace's defenses breaches the defenses, allowing the Horde to enter the city.

Skeletor then facilitates the abduction of Adora but before turning over Adam as well. uses what he's learned to banish Hordak to Etheria. What's left of Keldor's original personality makes him leave Adam with Randor and Marlena. Afterwords he rebuilds his power base in the dark hemisphere through sheer power and determination (most likely controlling the Horde troops that weren't banished with Hordak). Over the years he becomes obsessed with the secrets of Castle Grayskull and the legend of the Power Swords.

When he finally has the ability to strike he is met with opposition from the newly created He-Man and the Heroic Warriors.
    Last edited by MldMnrdReporter; October 22, 2010 at 01:07pm.

I actually like this. Gives a black spot to the good guys record, making them not so infuriatingly perfect and squicky clean, and the bad guys are given motivation for why they are the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    We have the mystery about young Prince Adam running around apparently without powers but wearing the techno-armor and techno-sword posing as He-Man during the search for the Power Sword. How did people not notice it was young Adam posing as He-Man?

I wonder if during this time Adam "transformed" into "He-Man" by entering the Cave of Power as per the early DC Comics which magically gave him a more buffed He-Man appearance. Add to that the force field and/or super-strength properties of the Goddess' techno-vests and MAA's techno-sword and kazam: Power Sword searching He-Man?

Is this a plausible explanation?
    Maybe Adam doesn't use a secret identity in MOTUC.
    Or no one knew about his quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    If King Grayskull specially arranged so that only his decedents could use the sword of power/He then why bother splitting it and going through such hassle to make sure the halves stayed hidden? If no one else can use it what was everyone so worried about?
    A potential evil descendant maybe?
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Warrior
    For the why was the sword cloned question, well I'm guessing once Skeletor got his upgrade and it took He-Man with the combined halves to even hold him off they knew splitting it between the twins he wouldn't have a chance. Not to mention the good guys knew it was just a matter of time before they'd have to deal with Hordak his army, possibly Hiss and that crew as well. They needed more power, and they were able to do so with the Sorceress command of the castle and the stone of protection that was just sitting around all that time since He-Ro died.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Maybe Adam doesn't use a secret identity in MOTUC.
    Or no one knew about his quest.
    According to Battle Cat's bio, He is one of only a handful to know Adam's Secret...

So Yes, SOMEHOW... Adam has a secret Id....

I have to admit.... I HATE the mystic wall... I HATE the 'banished' to Despondos... All they do is screw up easy stories...

Hordak and Skeletor kidnap Adora... That's how it always was. NOW... We have to explain... How did hordak do it if he was trapped?? Ok.. if it was just Skeletor, How did he get past the wall???

Here's a new one! If skeletor was able to open the portal to Despondos to send Adora IN... why didn't Hordak come OUT???

Stupid ideas, that just mess with an easy story. I prefer Hordak went off to his own dimension through portals HE controled... He could have come back if he wanted.. but chose not too... Skeletor was hiding out getting used to his new demon powers and building a power base... Nobody knew he was keldor. He was simply Skeletor.

Other thing I hate, is Grayskull altering the Sword of He to work for his descendents. WHAT does that ADD to the story??? NOTHING. Adam is the only one who is able to access it... so there is NO fear of bad guys getting... there was no point in seperating it, No real point in fighting over it.

Skeletor MAY be able to use it... what about Hordak? Or king Hiss?

There should be MORE factions trying to get the power of grayskull then JUST skeletor. Also brings in the whole Overlords of Trolla... They were supposed to give the sword to every generation... but thanks to KG, they were locked out of a champion...

Not even to mention... what gives the giant strongman, barbarian king, the POWER to alter the sword of he??
    Last edited by phantom1592; October 25, 2010 at 01:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I actually like this. Gives a black spot to the good guys record, making them not so infuriatingly perfect and squicky clean, and the bad guys are given motivation for why they are the way they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post

I am in favor of these ideas too. I argued in favor of them before, and people railed against it here.

It seems that ideas like these go against the purist nostalgia that people have of the characters and stories from their childhood. I have no such compunctions, and opt for a more politically realistic MOTU, rather than these clean-cut lines of good vs evil.

It makes no sense whatsoever, that Eternia (and the MOTU overall) to have so many different races, but no racial/cultural/ethnic prejudice whatsoever.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Heroic Warrior
    If the Sword of He was originally split into two pieces why wasn't it split again rather than cloned ::shudders at the word usage:: to turn Adora into She-Ra, or rather, why, considering the amount of communication between the Overlords of Trolla and the Sorceress(s) of Grayskull, was a new sword not forged for her to become She-Ra?
    Maybe this is a question of magic - maybe it could not be split again.
    And forging a new sword? As I have understood it, there is only one sword of He - the powers to make another one would be astronomical, as well as ruin the whole story.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    And forging a new sword? As I have understood it, there is only one sword of He - the powers to make another one would be astronomical, as well as ruin the whole story.
    I dunno, they're doing a heck of a job on the story now as it is.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Anytime you notice something like that... a wizard did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Anytime you notice something like that... a wizard did it.
    OK Great quote from The Simpsons. Also I am pretty sure that they stole the Power suit idea of giving Adam strength from NA when Kas gets his leg hurt and the Scientists give him a super cast that allows him to be a Super hero. Also the only reason Adam couldn't put the two halves of the power sword together was; because the only one with glue strong enough to hold it together was Gy-gor , And at this time he was still locked in the forcefield thing .
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by baronindy View Post
    OK Great quote from The Simpsons. Also I am pretty sure that they stole the Power suit idea of giving Adam strength from NA when Kas gets his leg hurt and the Scientists give him a super cast that allows him to be a Super hero. Also the only reason Adam couldn't put the two halves of the power sword together was; because the only one with glue strong enough to hold it together was Gy-gor , And at this time he was still locked in the forcefield thing .
    JD
    I think they made refernce to the Techno vest in the mini comics. That part of the story could of been around from day 1.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

JD
    Actually, the Power Suit idea comes from the first 4 vintage mini-comics where the Goddess give He-Man access to different power suits. One imbued He-Man with super-strength, another gave him a force-field.

If you read each of the following pages from the first 2 mini comics, He-Man and the Power Sword and King of Castle Grayskull, you can see the power suit was a vintage concept. Filmation went on to explain the properties of He-Man's armor as being a result of the Corodite used in construction.

Last edited by Swanmarsh; October 22, 2010 at 10:37am.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

cloned ::shudders at the word usage::
    AGREED!!!! I loathe the concept that an inorganic object has been cloned.

As for the rest of this convoluted overarching plotline, BAH!!!! It's balderdash and poppycock and several other obsolete words meaning 'ridiculous nonsense'.

The fact that there are now countless He-Men through the Eternian ages really lessens the importance of Adam's He-Man. It makes him seem replaceable. The Sword of Power starts to resemble the Matrix of Leadership, and seems to defeat the original concept of He-Man from the MOTU Bible.

As for Skeletor kidnapping Adora, it's probably a safe bet he was also 'cloned' and his copy kidnapped Adora.

Mattel is pulling a George Lucas on us with this new storyline and fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place and thus creating humbug, gobbledygoop, and jabberwocky that has more loopholes than Star Trek has wormholes.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    AGREED!!!! I loathe the concept that an inorganic object has been cloned.
    I don't have a problem with cloning the sword... what "I" have a problem with is a 'Clone' that looks COMPLETLY different and has completely different powers...

/Hands matty a dictionary

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't have a problem with cloning the sword... what "I" have a problem with is a 'Clone' that looks COMPLETLY different and has completely different powers...

But it wasn't simply cloned, it was cloned and then augmented with the Stone of Protection. So that changed it.

I think people are stuck on the word clone, think of it as replicated or duplicated (but of course by magic and not genetically in test tubes or whatever) instead.

I actually like most of the bios, and that they were largely taken from the earliest info out there.

Wow, reading all these posts is making my head spin. There's obviously no correct answer to a lot of these questions yet. Let's hope someday there is.
    bnl4life

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

ITs like when you have a picture and take it to a copier and make a copy then you make a copy of that copy and so on and so forth. With each copy of a copy it is slightly less perfect or different than the original. Just check out the Awesome movie Duplicity with everyone's favorite Batman Micheal Keaton.

JD

Heroic Warrior
    ITs like when you have a picture and take it to a copier and make a copy then you make a copy of that copy and so on and so forth. With each copy of a copy it is slightly less perfect or different than the original. Just check out the Awesome movie Duplicity with everyone's favorite Batman Micheal Keaton.

JD
    You mean multiplicity AWESOME movie...

But even then... they LOOKED the same. This is more like saying my Mustang is a clone of a corvette....

It's NOT... It doesn't look the same... it doesn't Act the same.. Completley different swords...

If they want to say they created the sword of Protection.. FINE. Just don't use the words like Clone, or Copy, or Recreate... These terms indicate and exact copy.