Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysteries (or Plot Holes) of the MOTUC Bios

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Mysteries (or Plot Holes) of the MOTUC Bios

Welcome the the MOTUC Bio Mystery (or Plot-Hole) thread, Bio fans and Bio Critics. This is the place to go if you have a question about something peculiar about what was written in the bios.

I'll add them to the front of this thread if we can't debunk it OR a future bio doesn't answer these points.

MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

How did Prince Adam run around looking like He-Man unrecognized?

We have the mystery about young Prince Adam running around apparently without powers but wearing the techno-armor and techno-sword posing as He-Man during the search for the Power Sword. How did people not notice it was young Adam posing as He-Man?
    Teela's Change in Appearance?

Ever since we first saw Battleground Teela at NYTF, the biggest question on everyone's minds was why does she now have blonde hair and a new costume? While MOTU characters could simply change their clothes or dye their hair, most fans felt that the drastic change had to have been some plot device. Unfortunately, the reasoning that fans were anticipating wasn't mentioned at all in Battleground Teela's bio. TG says we'll get an explaination in someone else's bio.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Solved Mysteries

How did Skeletor kidnap Adora if he was trapped behind the Mystic Wall?
    A big question is how did Keldor, now Skeletor, get past the Mystic Wall to nab Adora? Wasn't he trapped there before the kids were born? He didn't get past the wall for +16 years...

Now it's mentioned that Hordak contracted Skeletor to take Adora, but was it Skeletor who took Adora or did someone else take Adora FOR Skeletor while he was trapped in the Mystic Wall?

Solved in Battle Armor Skeletor's Bio
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 18, 2011 at 06:02pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    If the Sword of He was originally split into two pieces why wasn't it split again rather than cloned ::shudders at the word usage:: to turn Adora into She-Ra, or rather, why, considering the amount of communication between the Overlords of Trolla and the Sorceress(s) of Grayskull, was a new sword not forged for her to become She-Ra?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

i have not clear if the twins were born before the mystic wall in this canon.

Personally I think the Mystic Wall is a dopey idea. The elders, who are the wisest of the wise decided it'd be a good idea to completely shut one hemisphere of the planet off from the other? Especially one that's lacking necessary supplies to keep up with a somewhat decent quality of life? No wonder they were all so freaking angry when it got brought down finally. It's like a Berlin Wall on a planetary scale.

Skeletor would be a hero to the people in the Dark Hemisphere. He's essentially fighting for them. No wonder he was able to get together a power base.

Elder Councilman
    well the "Masters" seem to have trouble with the idea of killing people, so what other suggestion do you have?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm wondering about the fate of the Green Goddess. We have established that she and the Sorceress are two different people. She supposedly trained heroes to defend Castle Grayskull and hide away one half of the power sword. It appears that she doesn't have anything with Prince Adam.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    If the Sword of He was originally split into two pieces why wasn't it split again rather than cloned ::shudders at the word usage:: to turn Adora into She-Ra, or rather, why, considering the amount of communication between the Overlords of Trolla and the Sorceress(s) of Grayskull, was a new sword not forged for her to become She-Ra?
    Maybe this is a question of magic - maybe it could not be split again.
    And forging a new sword? As I have understood it, there is only one sword of He - the powers to make another one would be astronomical, as well as ruin the whole story.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    And forging a new sword? As I have understood it, there is only one sword of He - the powers to make another one would be astronomical, as well as ruin the whole story.
    I dunno, they're doing a heck of a job on the story now as it is.

How did Skeletor kidnap Adora if he was trapped behind the Mystic Wall?
    A big question is how did Keldor, now Skeletor, get past the Mystic Wall to nab Adora? Wasn't he trapped there before the kids were born? He didn't get past the wall for +16 years...

Now it's mentioned that Hordak contracted Skeletor to take Adora, but was it Skeletor who took Adora or did someone else take Adora FOR Skeletor while he was trapped in the Mystic Wall?
    Well, he didn't have the Havoc Staff as Keldor, so maybe he uses that to go through the wall once he obtains it. Maybe Hordak gave it power to do so and that is why Skeletor could only do it once?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I have that geico guys voice in head reading the headline for this.. I don't know why but I do.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Anytime you notice something like that... a wizard did it.

We have the mystery about young Prince Adam running around apparently without powers but wearing the techno-armor and techno-sword posing as He-Man during the search for the Power Sword. How did people not notice it was young Adam posing as He-Man?

I wonder if during this time Adam "transformed" into "He-Man" by entering the Cave of Power as per the early DC Comics which magically gave him a more buffed He-Man appearance. Add to that the force field and/or super-strength properties of the Goddess' techno-vests and MAA's techno-sword and kazam: Power Sword searching He-Man?

Is this a plausible explanation?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Personally I think the Mystic Wall is a dopey idea. The elders, who are the wisest of the wise decided it'd be a good idea to completely shut one hemisphere of the planet off from the other? Especially one that's lacking necessary supplies to keep up with a somewhat decent quality of life? No wonder they were all so freaking angry when it got brought down finally. It's like a Berlin Wall on a planetary scale.

Skeletor would be a hero to the people in the Dark Hemisphere. He's essentially fighting for them. No wonder he was able to get together a power base.

Why can't Keldor just be in hiding for all those years? It takes a long time to build up a power-base and the kind of supplies and contacts needed to overthrow a kingdom, especially a popular one. You don't need a wall for that.

I really like that idea of Skeletor as a hero. There have to be those, whether due to circumstance or otherwise, who are of a race, or a class that do not look favorably upon The House of Randor. The Dark Hemisphere could exist beyond a metaphorical rather than a physical wall. This is the area where Skeletor plots and is protected. To these people he is a hero. It instantly finds corollaries to modern politics and diplomacy.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

I think the Dark Hemisphere is just a euphemism for the basement and the mystic wall was more of a door. So Keldor was told to stay in the basement until he was good but he'd still come up to steal babies and drink directly from the royal milk carton and stuff. He'd usually wait until it was later so he wouldn't get yelled at as much.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    On the Mystic Wall and Keldor issue, I think Hordak maybe transported Skeletor's soul into a robot horde trooper which was hidden away in the light hemisphere. I don't think Skeletor was actually "physically" in the light hemisphere.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    If King Grayskull specially arranged so that only his decedents could use the sword of power/He then why bother splitting it and going through such hassle to make sure the halves stayed hidden? If no one else can use it what was everyone so worried about?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I actually like this. Gives a black spot to the good guys record, making them not so infuriatingly perfect and squicky clean, and the bad guys are given motivation for why they are the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

I wonder if during this time Adam "transformed" into "He-Man" by entering the Cave of Power as per the early DC Comics which magically gave him a more buffed He-Man appearance. Add to that the force field and/or super-strength properties of the Goddess' techno-vests and MAA's techno-sword and kazam: Power Sword searching He-Man?

Is this a plausible explanation?
    Maybe Adam doesn't use a secret identity in MOTUC.
    Or no one knew about his quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    If King Grayskull specially arranged so that only his decedents could use the sword of power/He then why bother splitting it and going through such hassle to make sure the halves stayed hidden? If no one else can use it what was everyone so worried about?
    A potential evil descendant maybe?
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Warrior
    For the why was the sword cloned question, well I'm guessing once Skeletor got his upgrade and it took He-Man with the combined halves to even hold him off they knew splitting it between the twins he wouldn't have a chance. Not to mention the good guys knew it was just a matter of time before they'd have to deal with Hordak his army, possibly Hiss and that crew as well. They needed more power, and they were able to do so with the Sorceress command of the castle and the stone of protection that was just sitting around all that time since He-Ro died.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Keldor is one of those descendants and I believe, wielded one of those sword halves for awhile.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Keldor is one of those descendants and I believe, wielded one of those sword halves for awhile.
    But didn't Demo-Man also have a half for a while when fighting Oo-Lar?

I don't know if I read it wrong but wasn't She-Ra's sword cloned from only half of the Sword of He prior to both halves being joined?

Wouldn't that mean that She-Ra's sword is only half as strong as the complete Sword of He?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It seems that they are implying this, though nothing has been revealed.
    That while Adam was using the techno sword and harness in his quest to unite the power sword (of power) Skeletor was in posession of the other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt
    But didn't Demo-Man also have a half for a while when fighting Oo-Lar?
    Nowhere in the MOTUC bois is there any indication yet that Demo man had anything to do with the story other than being joined to Skeletor. The only person we know for sure that Oo-lar fought was Gygor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen
    I don't know if I read it wrong but wasn't She-Ra's sword cloned from only half of the Sword of He prior to both halves being joined?
    I believe that it was Toyguru in one of his posts said that the sword was reunited, cloned and then split again. So it is a clone of the complete sword.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't understand why people assume that Adam had not turned into He-man when he was using the techno sword, all it says in the bio is that he had not yet learned how to combine the swords (and unleash the power) - I am assuming he did change, but not of his own will - more randomly, and has to use the techno sword until the full potential of the sword of He was under control.

That's how I read it.
    The other story that people seem to be digging into seems so far fetched to me.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

As I recall it, Toyguru said in a Q&A that the techno-sword could not tap into the power of Grayskull, nor could it initiate the transformation to He-Man. It is this which has created such confusion about Adam's status and ability to hide his identity when using the techno-sword in the quest to unite the Power Sword.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I think it was on a Q&A that we were told that Adam DOES NOT transform into He-Man when using the Techno sword. He can use some of the power, but he does not turn into He-Man at all.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.