Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mysteries (or Plot Holes) of the MOTUC Bios

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't have a problem with cloning the sword... what "I" have a problem with is a 'Clone' that looks COMPLETLY different and has completely different powers...

/Hands matty a dictionary
    ITs like when you have a picture and take it to a copier and make a copy then you make a copy of that copy and so on and so forth. With each copy of a copy it is slightly less perfect or different than the original. Just check out the Awesome movie Duplicity with everyone's favorite Batman Micheal Keaton.

JD

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronindy View Post
    ITs like when you have a picture and take it to a copier and make a copy then you make a copy of that copy and so on and so forth. With each copy of a copy it is slightly less perfect or different than the original. Just check out the Awesome movie Duplicity with everyone's favorite Batman Micheal Keaton.

JD
    You mean multiplicity AWESOME movie...

But even then... they LOOKED the same. This is more like saying my Mustang is a clone of a corvette....

It's NOT... It doesn't look the same... it doesn't Act the same.. Completley different swords...

If they want to say they created the sword of Protection.. FINE. Just don't use the words like Clone, or Copy, or Recreate... These terms indicate and exact copy.

As a biology degree holder, I wish media wouldnīt use words like "clone" and "cloning" so weirdly. Itīs like they think it means something like "copy" in the same way youīd put a picture in a xerox.

A clone refers to a number of living beings that share a single genome. I wasnīt aware that swords had genes at all, and much less that swords with the exact same genes looked entirely different.

Itīd be like meeting a pair of identical twins of which one was a giant redheaded man and the other a petite asian woman.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    As a biology degree holder, I wish media wouldnīt use words like "clone" and "cloning" so weirdly. Itīs like they think it means something like "copy" in the same way youīd put a picture in a xerox.

A clone refers to a number of living beings that share a single genome. I wasnīt aware that swords had genes at all, and much less that swords with the exact same genes looked entirely different.

Itīd be like meeting a pair of identical twins of which one was a giant redheaded man and the other a petite asian woman.
    You've obviously never seen the wonderful documentary called "Twins."
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

Me neither. I picture someone putting the Sword of He into a cloning tank and extracting it's DNA.

I guess "created a replica" takes up more space than "clone".

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Cloning the most powerful weapon in the universe?

Wrong way to explain 2 power swords.
    Better choice would be having 2 swords since the beginng of time...

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    You've obviously never seen the wonderful documentary called "Twins."
    Governor Schwarzenegger is a great scientist indeed!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Cloning the most powerful weapon in the universe?

Wrong way to explain 2 power swords.
    Better choice would be having 2 swords since the beginng of time...
    oooohh... and having King Grayskull dual wield like Keldor...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    oooohh... and having King Grayskull dual wield like Keldor...
    Not exactly:

One sword is He-Man`s sword, one is the sword of She-Ra.

He-Man`s sword could be given by the Overlords to He-Ro and then to King Grayskull to wield, while She-Ra`s sword is stored on Trolla.

Adam gets his sword, transforms into He-Man. He battles Skeletor a few years. Than( as the prohecy has foretold) She-ra`s sword appears eventually in Castle Grayskull and the Sorceress tasks Adam to search his sister and to give her the sword of protection.
    Last edited by Berserker79; October 28, 2010 at 04:37pm.

Wow, reading all these posts is making my head spin. There's obviously no correct answer to a lot of these questions yet. Let's hope someday there is.
    bnl4life

Well think about it It is technically the "Sword of HE". Now not to get too lewd but if it is the "sword of He" it probably has a gene or two.

JD

Think of it more in the way one would clone a cell phone.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This might need to return...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the mystic wall was a big mystery
    why couldn't those on the dark hemisphere tunnel under or fly over or find a way around by sea?
    when the mystic wall was breached wouldn't it have been the one hole in the wall & the rest was still standing intact? or was the whole wall eventually collapsed?
    after the Shakarren crystal was destroyed why couldn't m@a & the sorceress put up another wall?

Nice thread, and after all this time has anything been answered regarding the swords of Power and Protection. I know when the swords were originally made it was two swords for He-man and Skeletor. Filmation came and for some reason never introduced Skeletor's sword. I remember an episode when He-man and Skeletor teamed up, and He-man opened the Drawbridge with the sword. Skeletor said: "So that's how he does it." But never made an attempt for the sword in any future episode. Later She-ra was introduced, and we have two swords again.

It's difficult to mix those two canons, and I understand the need to have a sword of good and evil come together to open the castle that is in the center of the universe of good and evil.

But I still prefer everyone to hold their own weapons, Skeletor with his havoc staff, and the twins with their swords, Marzo and his stone, Hsss and his staff, etc. But would like a bio of these great eternian weapons as well. Like Teela's staff is still a mystery to me, was that ever answered beyond it once belonging to Hsss, like how did she get it?

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I actually like this. Gives a black spot to the good guys record, making them not so infuriatingly perfect and squicky clean, and the bad guys are given motivation for why they are the way they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post
    Why can't Keldor just be in hiding for all those years? It takes a long time to build up a power-base and the kind of supplies and contacts needed to overthrow a kingdom, especially a popular one. You don't need a wall for that.

I really like that idea of Skeletor as a hero. There have to be those, whether due to circumstance or otherwise, who are of a race, or a class that do not look favorably upon The House of Randor. The Dark Hemisphere could exist beyond a metaphorical rather than a physical wall. This is the area where Skeletor plots and is protected. To these people he is a hero. It instantly finds corollaries to modern politics and diplomacy.
    I am in favor of these ideas too. I argued in favor of them before, and people railed against it here.

It seems that ideas like these go against the purist nostalgia that people have of the characters and stories from their childhood. I have no such compunctions, and opt for a more politically realistic MOTU, rather than these clean-cut lines of good vs evil.

It makes no sense whatsoever, that Eternia (and the MOTU overall) to have so many different races, but no racial/cultural/ethnic prejudice whatsoever.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Adam didnt get recognized as He-Man in techno armour and electronic power sword because his time as He-Man at that point was spent in trying and journeying to reclaim both halves of the power sword. Which is to say he didnt exactally travel in circles where he would be recognized. He was traveling in far away places, fighting not terribly nice people, and on an epic quest.

The best the average good eternian would know are stories about those exploits. No one who knew Prince Adam was likely to be around where He-Man Adam pre sword version was to bee.

That's my take.

As for Battleground Teela's change in appearance, I have two answers for that, and they are both seperate unique explinations.

The one I'm using, and the one that is not terribly "literal cannon" but is what I think I'm deciding that character is for now is that Battleground Teela is in fact Pre-sorceress Teela-Na. This is who the Teela character was with the (now retconned to be Oo-Larr) He-Man and (early Duncan) Man At Arms in the minicomics. This is the triad of pre adam days. Sure why not, works for me.

But the one someone else proposed that I like as well is that Battleground Teela is Teela after she claims guardianship of Grayskull, and what happens when she taps into the power of grayskull like adam did. Perhaps it's when he went to Primus to fight in the NEW Adventures. But at any rate it's future teela tapping into the POwer of grayskull, so It's teela turned into "He-Man". Furry shorts, blonde hair, "chest harness" ect. I like this explination because she's the "He-Man" of the future at least while Adam is in another dimension/time/future/whatever NA is. Adam gets Blonde(er) furry shorts, and a harness when he changes, why can't she change when she taps maybe more literally as the protector of grayskull.

I'm not saying that's her "official" sorceress costume, but that it's an interesting idea of what she does and looks like when she fights in the second Ultimate Battleground because she can tap into that power. Think the Marvel Family, as in Captain "Big red cheeze".

I do find it quite odd that Jitsu has been with Skeletor since he was Keldor. Considering he didn't get brought in until much later in Filmation and never appeared in MYP. Not to mention him being the leader of Snake Mountain over the likes of Tri-Klops or Trapjaw.

Really do prefer Hordak being the ambitious brother of Horde Prime than a lackey that cowers at the mere mention of Prime's name. When Hordak was trapped in Despondos, I'm assuming he had to make due wth what he had when he invaded Etheria if he can't get any more resources from the Empire.

The Mystic Wall was pretty odd with it turning the Dark Hemisphere into Arkham City.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    I do find it quite odd that Jitsu has been with Skeletor since he was Keldor. Considering he didn't get brought in until much later in Filmation and never appeared in MYP. Not to mention him being the leader of Snake Mountain over the likes of Tri-Klops or Trapjaw.
    I believe he was in the first Filmation episode, and only that one.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Ah yes but is the sword 'living' like the sword of omens?? I agree the language used was in error they should've said forged from the metal on trolla blah blah.
    Last edited by Coptur; January 24, 2013 at 07:44am.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Adam didnt get recognized as He-Man in techno armour and electronic power sword because his time as He-Man at that point was spent in trying and journeying to reclaim both halves of the power sword. Which is to say he didnt exactally travel in circles where he would be recognized. He was traveling in far away places, fighting not terribly nice people, and on an epic quest.
    He also looked exactly like Oo-Larr. They wore the same power garment thingies. People were probably all like "Hey Adam, you're all buff, you look just like that He-Man fella that I heard my dad talk about!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Personally I think the Mystic Wall is a dopey idea. The elders, who are the wisest of the wise decided it'd be a good idea to completely shut one hemisphere of the planet off from the other? Especially one that's lacking necessary supplies to keep up with a somewhat decent quality of life? No wonder they were all so freaking angry when it got brought down finally. It's like a Berlin Wall on a planetary scale.

Skeletor would be a hero to the people in the Dark Hemisphere. He's essentially fighting for them. No wonder he was able to get together a power base.
    Good point. With this cannon I try to look at Skeletor as an anti-hero due to him being the rightfull heir to the throne. However I preferr the original Mini-comic cannon where he's depicted as an evil being from another dimention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    the mystic wall was a big mystery
    why couldn't those on the dark hemisphere tunnel under or fly over or find a way around by sea?
    when the mystic wall was breached wouldn't it have been the one hole in the wall & the rest was still standing intact? or was the whole wall eventually collapsed?
    after the Shakarren crystal was destroyed why couldn't m@a & the sorceress put up another wall?
    Yea, I personally don't buy the whole Mystic Wall cannon. Makes no sense, and like someone else pointed out, it would also trap a ton of innocent civilians behind the wall, which would drive them to Skeletor's side, and make him an anti-hero.