Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysteries (or Plot Holes) of the MOTUC Bios

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Anytime you notice something like that... a wizard did it.
    OK Great quote from The Simpsons. Also I am pretty sure that they stole the Power suit idea of giving Adam strength from NA when Kas gets his leg hurt and the Scientists give him a super cast that allows him to be a Super hero. Also the only reason Adam couldn't put the two halves of the power sword together was; because the only one with glue strong enough to hold it together was Gy-gor , And at this time he was still locked in the forcefield thing .
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by baronindy View Post
    OK Great quote from The Simpsons. Also I am pretty sure that they stole the Power suit idea of giving Adam strength from NA when Kas gets his leg hurt and the Scientists give him a super cast that allows him to be a Super hero. Also the only reason Adam couldn't put the two halves of the power sword together was; because the only one with glue strong enough to hold it together was Gy-gor , And at this time he was still locked in the forcefield thing .
    JD
    I think they made refernce to the Techno vest in the mini comics. That part of the story could of been around from day 1.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

JD
    Actually, the Power Suit idea comes from the first 4 vintage mini-comics where the Goddess give He-Man access to different power suits. One imbued He-Man with super-strength, another gave him a force-field.

If you read each of the following pages from the first 2 mini comics, He-Man and the Power Sword and King of Castle Grayskull, you can see the power suit was a vintage concept. Filmation went on to explain the properties of He-Man's armor as being a result of the Corodite used in construction.

Last edited by Swanmarsh; October 22, 2010 at 10:37am.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I think it was on a Q&A that we were told that Adam DOES NOT transform into He-Man when using the Techno sword. He can use some of the power, but he does not turn into He-Man at all.
    This does not mean he did not turn into he-man beforehand.

As I read it - he turns into he-man using the sword of he - or the power of he - before he could unite the two swords - this might happen randomly - anyways the point is: He can't control it!

So Man-at-arms creates the techno sword to at least help him tap into the power (and possibly prevent him from turning into Adam at an inopportune time).

That's how I read it.

Assuming that he never turned into he-man leaves for a wide amount of speculation - it has never said that he did not turn into he-man before he could tap into some of the powers using the techno sword.

I think by accident he was trapped in he-man form and then man-at-arms created the techno sword to prevent mishaps from happening - either something as releasing too much power, to turning back to Adam at a bad time.

We have not been given a time line for how long it took Adam to learn how to control the swords. It might have been hours, a day, days, weeks, months or years.

We don't know yet.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post

Nowhere in the MOTUC bois is there any indication yet that Demo man had anything to do with the story other than being joined to Skeletor. The only person we know for sure that Oo-lar fought was Gygor.
    Sorry, I'm getting the bios confused with the minicomics!

Well I am at least happy that we all agree that was Gy-gor's Glue that finally sealed both halves of the power sword together.
    JD

Still think the Cave of Power is the only potential answer to the Adam-He-Man-techno-sword plot hole created by Matty's overly complicated bio-story.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    cloned ::shudders at the word usage::
    AGREED!!!! I loathe the concept that an inorganic object has been cloned.

As for the rest of this convoluted overarching plotline, BAH!!!! It's balderdash and poppycock and several other obsolete words meaning 'ridiculous nonsense'.

The fact that there are now countless He-Men through the Eternian ages really lessens the importance of Adam's He-Man. It makes him seem replaceable. The Sword of Power starts to resemble the Matrix of Leadership, and seems to defeat the original concept of He-Man from the MOTU Bible.

As for Skeletor kidnapping Adora, it's probably a safe bet he was also 'cloned' and his copy kidnapped Adora.

Mattel is pulling a George Lucas on us with this new storyline and fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place and thus creating humbug, gobbledygoop, and jabberwocky that has more loopholes than Star Trek has wormholes.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    Sorry, I'm getting the bios confused with the minicomics!
    Don't worry - I had to map out the timelime of the bios to try and keep the whole thing straight!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post
    Why can't Keldor just be in hiding for all those years? It takes a long time to build up a power-base and the kind of supplies and contacts needed to overthrow a kingdom, especially a popular one. You don't need a wall for that.

I really like that idea of Skeletor as a hero. There have to be those, whether due to circumstance or otherwise, who are of a race, or a class that do not look favorably upon The House of Randor. The Dark Hemisphere could exist beyond a metaphorical rather than a physical wall. This is the area where Skeletor plots and is protected. To these people he is a hero. It instantly finds corollaries to modern politics and diplomacy.
    Grif, that's exactly what I was going for. Also, I posted the below in a thread yesterday that adds to this topic. It deals with no mystic wall and it keeps Skeletor as an actual apprentice to a physical Hordak, not some dope spectral being.

My ideas is after the Great Unrest, when Keldor is saved by Hordak is when he becomes his apprentice. In turn, Skeletor was the apprentice to Hordak, not necessarily Keldor, as he had not been merged with Demo-Man yet.

This brings up an interesting way to make it so no one knows Skeletor is Keldor. After his disfigurement and essential banishment Keldor seemingly died. Everyone thought he was dead. Keldor is then saved by Hordak. To repay Hordak the new creature of Skeletor becomes his chief lieutenant in the Horde Invasion of Eternia. He makes a name for himself as Skeletor, striking fear into the heart of everyone that sees him. When the Horde reaches the Palace of Eternos, Skeletor, knowing the Palace's defenses breaches the defenses, allowing the Horde to enter the city.

Skeletor then facilitates the abduction of Adora but before turning over Adam as well. uses what he's learned to banish Hordak to Etheria. What's left of Keldor's original personality makes him leave Adam with Randor and Marlena. Afterwords he rebuilds his power base in the dark hemisphere through sheer power and determination (most likely controlling the Horde troops that weren't banished with Hordak). Over the years he becomes obsessed with the secrets of Castle Grayskull and the legend of the Power Swords.

When he finally has the ability to strike he is met with opposition from the newly created He-Man and the Heroic Warriors.
    Last edited by MldMnrdReporter; October 22, 2010 at 01:07pm.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

One thing also that dosen't make sence is all the different swords of power. If all of the different versions of He-man have one and are useing them; Then why are they supposed to protect it from getting in the wrong hands? Also Who exactly are they Protecting it from. Maybe Matty needs to start having the villians of each version showing up in figures because otherwise it dosen't make a whole lot of sence. Think about it by the time Wondar shows up Both the Snakemen and the Horde have already been defeated. And I pretty sure Keldor wasn't around a hundred or so many years before Randor and Their Pop. Just a thought.

JD

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    One thing also that dosen't make sence is all the different swords of power. If all of the different versions of He-man have one and are useing them; Then why are they supposed to protect it from getting in the wrong hands? Also Who exactly are they Protecting it from. Maybe Matty needs to start having the villians of each version showing up in figures because otherwise it dosen't make a whole lot of sence. Think about it by the time Wondar shows up Both the Snakemen and the Horde have already been defeated. And I pretty sure Keldor wasn't around a hundred or so many years before Randor and Their Pop. Just a thought.
    There are villains. We just don't know about them yet. Oo-Larr and the Goddess fought Gygor, when he heard of Grayskull. Scare Glow (as Karak Nul) tried to get into Grayskull, but someone (we don't know who) stopped him. Who knows if Prahvus tried getting into Grayskull?

Now you're asking about the swords, specifically, but the swords are required to enter Grayskull. Which is another problem...did Gygor or Karak Nul even know about the swords? Otherwise, they wouldn't get very far...

I don't think Marzo knew about Grayskull. He was more interested in Eternos and the Royals.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone else thinking that some of this bio-story telling is really confusing?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Maybe Adam doesn't use a secret identity in MOTUC.
    Or no one knew about his quest.
    According to Battle Cat's bio, He is one of only a handful to know Adam's Secret...

So Yes, SOMEHOW... Adam has a secret Id....

I have to admit.... I HATE the mystic wall... I HATE the 'banished' to Despondos... All they do is screw up easy stories...

Hordak and Skeletor kidnap Adora... That's how it always was. NOW... We have to explain... How did hordak do it if he was trapped?? Ok.. if it was just Skeletor, How did he get past the wall???

Here's a new one! If skeletor was able to open the portal to Despondos to send Adora IN... why didn't Hordak come OUT???

Stupid ideas, that just mess with an easy story. I prefer Hordak went off to his own dimension through portals HE controled... He could have come back if he wanted.. but chose not too... Skeletor was hiding out getting used to his new demon powers and building a power base... Nobody knew he was keldor. He was simply Skeletor.

Other thing I hate, is Grayskull altering the Sword of He to work for his descendents. WHAT does that ADD to the story??? NOTHING. Adam is the only one who is able to access it... so there is NO fear of bad guys getting... there was no point in seperating it, No real point in fighting over it.

Skeletor MAY be able to use it... what about Hordak? Or king Hiss?

There should be MORE factions trying to get the power of grayskull then JUST skeletor. Also brings in the whole Overlords of Trolla... They were supposed to give the sword to every generation... but thanks to KG, they were locked out of a champion...

Not even to mention... what gives the giant strongman, barbarian king, the POWER to alter the sword of he??
    Last edited by phantom1592; October 25, 2010 at 01:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    ot even to mention... what gives the giant strongman, barbarian king, the POWER to alter the sword of he??

Yeah, I thought the same, seems strange to me, that a warrior could seperate an ultimate sword of power.

Heroic Warrior
    Gypsies... wizards... priests... Oracles... I can ACCEPT prophecy from THOSE guys...

When a warrior stands up and says 'Some day my heir will save the universe..." I tend to roll my eyes, and say "I'll believe it when I see it!"

Court Magician
    Sorry guys, but the whole MYP thing with the wall was stupid beyond belief. In my opinion the Skeletor kidnapping happened this way:

Keldor fights Randor and has his face burned by the acid.

Keldor turns to Hordak for help and it transformed into Skeletor and made Hordak's apprentice and member of the Evil Horde.

The Twins are born some years later and Skeletor and Hordak invade the palace to kidnap them.

While Hordak gets Adora, Skeletor takes the oppurtunity to backstab him and banish him, the Evil Horde, and Adora to Etheria.

Furious that he lost Adora, Skeletor still attempts to take Adam, but is thwarted by Randor and Man-At-Arms...neither of whome know who he is.

Skeletor escapes, and travels the world of Eternia, building his power base to one day get revenge on Randor and the kingdom....

I'm sure I just haven't read the bios close enough, but I thought Skeletor was locked away AFTER Adam and Adora were born. Then, he was locked away in the Dark Hemisphere for 16 years, and after he broke out a teenage Adam had to reunite the power sword halves to stop him.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    Sorry guys, but the whole MYP thing with the wall was stupid beyond belief.
    The Mystic Wall is from the Golden Books. The same series of hardcover books that introduced T.E. Scope and Biff Beastman. MYP brought it back, like the already existing calling the Heroic Warriors the Masters of the Universe and Mer-Man's cardback head.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I don't think they specificaly say when Skeletor kidnaped Adora and when the Mystic wall was actually built. They might not have built it till After Adora was Kidnaped. Think about it that would be a good reason to build it in the first place along with being nervous that they would try and kidnap Adam also. Also its kind of obvious that there is more than one way to get into Greyskull other than the sword; Scareglow has the Key after all.

JD

Somewhat offtopic:
    Mattel should had gotten either Larry DiTillio or Robert Lamb to write the bios because they actually care about what they're writing.
    Last edited by Grimbot; October 27, 2010 at 11:04am.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    It's the very concept of a "Mystic Wall" that's ludicrous. Skeletor works better as a character who shows up mysteriously with the Horde and after their banishment sticks around. You don't need a gigantic wall that splits one half of the planet off from the other to keep him in the Dark Hemisphere.

You can easily explain that Skeletor, along with the remnants of his former armies (when he was Keldor), Marzo's and Horde Forces fought for supremacy in the Dark Hemisphere. When he came out victorious, he set his sights on the Light Hemisphere and the secrets of Castle Grayskull.

That adds a tremendous level of fear and an absolute sense of dread everyone in the Light Hemisphere would experience thinking some day the evil forces of Skeletor would invade. It would spark Randor's desire to form a new council of allies. It would make the Sorceress actively prepare the transition needed to turn Adam into He-Man and it'd give a great opportunity to add some depth to characters.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

To be more specific, the "mystic wall" being Skeletor´s prison is from the Halperin story bible written for Mattel and used to make various adaptions of MOTU such as the golden books and the Filmation cartoon.

Other concepts created by Halperin for this document include Adam´s mother being from earth, He-Man/Adam´s secret identity, Battle Cat/Cringer and other things.

Some things from the bible were not used for the Filmation cartoon, such as Beastman, Evil-Lyn and Tri-Klops being Marlena´s astronaut colleagues from earth, or the mystic wall.

But they have been used now and then.

So anyway, if youre blaming anyone for these ideas, blame Mattel circa 1983.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    AGREED!!!! I loathe the concept that an inorganic object has been cloned.
    I don't have a problem with cloning the sword... what "I" have a problem with is a 'Clone' that looks COMPLETLY different and has completely different powers...

/Hands matty a dictionary

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't have a problem with cloning the sword... what "I" have a problem with is a 'Clone' that looks COMPLETLY different and has completely different powers...

/Hands matty a dictionary
    But it wasn't simply cloned, it was cloned and then augmented with the Stone of Protection. So that changed it.

I think people are stuck on the word clone, think of it as replicated or duplicated (but of course by magic and not genetically in test tubes or whatever) instead.

I actually like most of the bios, and that they were largely taken from the earliest info out there.