Thread: Roboto QC Issues Pictures Only Thread (No Discussion)

Roboto QC Issues Pictures Only Thread (No Discussion)

Before anyone starts posting in this thread, it is for pictures only of QC issues with Roboto. I've heard about the following so far:

cracked plastic abdomen
    paint globs
    stuck mouths (duck bill)
    cracks around the neck
    heads that won't stay on
    bad paint apps
    disconnected joints

But, I have not seen many pictures. Please post pictures only in this thread and leave the discussion to the Talkback thread. The hope is that the pictures will assist Toyguru and Mattel in figuring out where the problems lie so they do not occur in the reissue down the line.

Any posts without pictures of QC issues will be reported to the Mods so we can keep this thread clean and organized.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Do we really need this? The quality control issues, outside of the reversed shoulders which everyone has, are not nearly as widespread as Orko's ears.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

cracked abdomen, I tried to take a pic to post but it is hard to see with the camera through the package and I don;t want to open because I am hoping to return for a new figure.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Do we really need this? The quality control issues, outside of the reversed shoulders which everyone has, are not nearly as widespread as Orko's ears.
    I have already heard of about six cases of cracked abdomens... Some in and some out of package. Some figures have busted apart from single falls... I think the track record of Mattel is worsening when we are told there would be nothing to worry about after the Green Goddess clear plastic fiasco.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I'd say the fact that an incorrect assembly became standard is more noteworthy than Orko ears. It thankfully doesn't ruin the thing, but I'd call it a huge mistake because it's not the first time.

It really pales in comparison to cracked torsos though. Prepackaged damage absolutely beats ear paint, so this thread is valid. Here's a pic of mine, from beltline across the abdomen. I'll probably open it anyway and see how the rest of the figure turned out, since I can't count on anything better replacing it.

I'm not sure how to make it so the photo isn't a link, sorry.

(The Roboto reviewed on TheFwoosh.com is cracked in a similar manner to mine. I don't believe it has been mentioned anywhere here)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FakeEyes22; October 21, 2010 at 11:29pm. Reason: additional info

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar

Mine is craked too...

As I read these boards and saw the pictures I said to myself - "Wow, I am glad I got a good Roboto." But I then decided to double check mine as I only looked at him briefly upon getting him. Lo and behold mine was cracked too! I now have a cracked MOC Roboto.

Thank you for starting this thread... I guess I need to inspect my figures more closely. I am contacting Matty tomorrow.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Actually, to fix the stuck jaw, just remove it from the head and put it back on. It should be fine after that as that is how mine was. None of the three I received have a cracked abdomen or anything of the sort other than a warped foot, so I guess I am lucky.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; October 22, 2010 at 02:08am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

it seems that Mattel hasn't found a clear plastic that works yet...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    As I read these boards and saw the pictures I said to myself - "Wow, I am glad I got a good Roboto." But I then decided to double check mine as I only looked at him briefly upon getting him. Lo and behold mine was cracked too! I now have a cracked MOC Roboto.

Thank you for starting this thread... I guess I need to inspect my figures more closely. I am contacting Matty tomorrow.
    My crack looks exactly like yours only it's on the left side. I suspect more and more people's Robotos will eventually start to crack over time due to either temperature/humidity changes or due to just handling the figure. Mine was not cracked when it arrived the a week ago and then I just noticed a crack had appeared the other day. I just hope the entire chest piece does not crack in other spots and eventually lead to a completely broken Roboto. I'm going to be optimistic, but I am starting to think this is another possible Green Goddess scenario that is about to unfold.

Heroic Warrior
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    Its not worth it for me to take a picture, but let me just say that Roboto had more "paint globs" and mispaints than ANY figure so far. Legs in particular are bad. However, that pales in comparision to the other posts and your cracked abs. That is BS, and somebody should have seen that. I will also say that the Axe and Gun are slightly warped. I dont really care, but its unfortunate. I am actuallty grateful that his joints are REALY tight, they seem to have addressed that isseue!

Heroic Warrior
    wow, lol... a PIC thread only with 1 pic and 10 written posts, lol...too funny.

Really He-Bro?! O.M.G.!

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Really He-Bro?! O.M.G.!
    Since he was aleday broke, I deiced to try the shoulder swap, and I was able to do it, so now I have a battle damaged Roboto with corrected shoulders.

I was going to call Mattel, but now that I've pried it apart too I doubt they will take it back.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Since he was aleday broke, I deiced to try the shoulder swap, and I was able to do it, so now I have a battle damaged Roboto with corrected shoulders.
    LOL!!!! How can I post a photo here??

What a mess you have there my friend...
    Did Mattel said anything about it?

Here are my photos:

- Bent Gun accessory

- Right Leg Slightly bigger than the left one

- Very small crack on the right part of the Torso

Last edited by MOONCHILD; October 26, 2010 at 02:53pm.

...In the arrrrms of the angel

fly awaaaaay from here...
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCHILD View Post
    What a mess you have there my friend...
    Did Mattel said anything about it?

Here are my photos:

- Very small crack on the right part of the Torso

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...M/DSC00027.jpg
    The crack in the picture. Is that near the post that connects the torso halves? My figure has what I thought was a crack on each side of his torso in the vicinity of yours but upon rubbing over the area I couldn't feel the crack. It isn't jagged in appearance either so I assumed it was a contour of the mold. Maybe mine is cracked as well then. I'm so confused. If I can't tell then perhaps it isn't bad enough to worry about.

I'm scared to pose him now. I've heard of figure's torsos cracking during posing. Is this true? Is anyone aware?

My laser blaster is as bent up as MOONCHILD's, and here are some pics of the bad paint apps--you may have to look close at the neck to see where it's messed up where it meets the torso. Also, I don't know if you can tell, but the blue on his left hand really comes through the red paint, and I've heard others say this about theirs as well:

Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.