Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

So I didn't see a thread dedicated to news and events for this movie, so here it is.

Aside from Bumblebee getting hurt, the movie being shot in 3D, Shockwave being in it and possibly the main villain and the Firing of Megan Fox, here's the latest news...I do NOT like the sound of it, esp knowing Michael Bay is at the helm.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura; Producer of Transformers 3 recently spoke about Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon’s 3D element as well as something else. Comedy.

"What you can expect is more comedy than we've ever had before" di Bonaventura revealed. He also told us a little bit about character development. "You can expect bigger action sequences than we've ever had before and you can expect a different character through-line for our lead because he's a little bit older and Rosie's a little bit older - there's a maturity there that didn't exist before. He's moved on to a new stage in his life with a job, and that's an interesting rite of passage, so I think it has the emotional elements that people are expecting of the movie, but they've moved forward in time, if you would."
    from tfw2005.com

I also don't like the somewhat skirting of the character development issue, relegating that only to Shia. feels like we're in for more of the same, but we'll see.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 22, 2010 at 07:35am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I thought the 3rd movie was supposed to have LESS comedy!
    "There are two kinds of wonders in this world: gutless and MY kind!"
    --Alexis Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowen of "Dynasty"

We had too much comedy in the 2nd one!!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I'm officially out of this upcoming mess.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    You guys forget that Michael Bay likes to release false information. Take anything you guys get with a grain of salt.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I hope this is indeed false information. The action in the second, at times, got way too long and became pointless so those certainly don't need to be bigger, and if we're getting more of their brand of 'comedy' like Bumblebee peeing on people, this is actually going to be worse than the second one.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Much like the previous two movies, I am excited for this one solely for the inevitable RiffTrax commentary. These movies are somehow both laughable AND depressing, thus they make excellent joke fodder.

well I LOVED the first two movies but I was hoping the third would have more Robot vs Robot action and less comedy. Still hopefully the end battle / big boss fight won't be as short as the Prime vs Fallen one which was pretty much over in seconds.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Reboot time!

One of the main issues I had from these movies, aside from Michael Bay's ego, and catapulting Megan Fox's career, was the lame forced attempts at comedy! They were so annoying that they ruined any sense of excitement, and wonder those movies could've had. Now the original cartoon had some humor, but it wasn't forced, or used too much. It was sometimes creative, and took a back seat to the action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Much like the previous two movies, I am excited for this one solely for the inevitable RiffTrax commentary. These movies are somehow both laughable AND depressing, thus they make excellent joke fodder.
    I might want to try out Riff Trax sometime. Especially if I meet someone who likes movies I don't like.
    Last edited by mbaker; October 22, 2010 at 02:02pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Dreading what will be but will ultimately view the end result fully aware that I will be severely disappointed...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

a Muppet of a man...
    Yeah, I think I'm out too. I liked the first one for the fun action BOOM-BOOM movie that it was. The 2nd somehow exactly the same movie, yet much, much worse. I don't think I'll be lining up for 3rds.

As to any specifics they give us on the story, real scoop or false info, I don't really think it matters. More comedy, less comedy, more realisitic action, more character developement... they've had two movies to prove to me that visual spectacle is WAY more important than any story components. More power to 'em, I guess. It's making a lot of people a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    You guys forget that Michael Bay likes to release false information. Take anything you guys get with a grain of salt.
    I don't know didn't the whole "false information" thing turn out to be false information itself? I thought I heard it was them spinning stuff because they were trying to stop real leaks. plus none of this is plot points just notes on the tone of the movie. can't see a reason for false info to come out like that. (or like anything really these days)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I wouldn’t take anything Lorenzo di Bonaventura says seriously. The guy lies and embellishes everything he says to create more hype. He obviously thinks saying that is actually a good thing for the film. I’m not sure if he saw ROTF’s “comedy”. In an odd sought of way, though, that’s the exact job description of a Hollywood producer.

However, it completely contradicts what Bay himself said in this article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...ers11_ST_N.htm

"One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy," Bay adds.
    Hopefully Bay will stick to that.

Anyway, a bit of good news is that Shockwave has been revealed....in silhouette form: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1287695432.jpg

Scroll down for a cut-out of his head that was spotted in Chicago. As you can see, it's a perfect match:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...reviews-2.html

It would appear that they've got Shockwave's design pretty spot on, IMO.

The shadow doesn't do much for me either way, my biggest problem with the Bayformers is the busy designs so I don't get much from the shadow here, but the head I've seen a while ago is pretty good actually. best TF head in the bayverse IMO.

here's a thing, comedy is suggestive, and if I recall when Bay said that he was talking about the twins, notice he specifies 'dorky comedy' maybe for him potty humour isn't dorky comedy.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 22, 2010 at 09:55pm.

Fear is faith in failure

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    From what I read it was supposed to lean more towards the canon for the show, i.e. the appearence of Prime's trailer and various other things. I, however, am not holding my breath that Bay won't screw this one up like the other two.

Grimbot has the right idea, especially since everyone else is doing it LOL Reboot time!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    From what I read it was supposed to lean more towards the canon for the show, i.e. the appearence of Prime's trailer and various other things. I, however, am not holding my breath that Bay won't screw this one up like the other two.

Grimbot has the right idea, especially since everyone else is doing it LOL Reboot time!
    I was talking about this yesterday whilst hanging out at the comic book shop. Prime's trailer is about the only good thing thus far. Im wondering who the Ferrai is.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    I was talking about this yesterday whilst hanging out at the comic book shop. Prime's trailer is about the only good thing thus far. Im wondering who the Ferrai is.
    All information is pointing to Hot Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    You guys forget that Michael Bay likes to release false information.
    I hope the "false information" is that Michael Bay has anything to do with this movie.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I can't wait for the third film. I loved the first two, the forest fight in the second film was amazing. Will go to the first showing my cinema has. Can't wait
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Well, everyone knows that this is how the last movie should have ended.

Videos need to be embedded.

I hope that's true.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Will they be allowed to call him that as Hot Rod is already copy righted to someone else?
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Teaser Trailer!!!!Teaser Trailer!!!!Teaser Trailer!!!!Teaser Trailer!!!!

Well, here it is. I must admit, it looks pretty intriguing. Also, that robot at the end has a really good design. Much more human than what we have had before. It's obviously someone important. My guess is Alpha Trion.

Anyway, enjoy. It is a good trailer:
    Videos need to be embedded in the post. Thanks

Also, there's a pretty in-depth interview with Bay over at Collider.com. I won't post it here, because it has some bad language, but I strongly recommend people to check it out. Especially if you loathed ROTF. To be fair, it really sounds as though Bay has learnt his lesson. Time will tell.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Hahaha -- that How It Should Have Ended was great, it almost makes me want to see the movie.

As for the trailer, any ideas as to whether the bot on the spaceship is an existing character (if so who) or a new character?

The face sort of reminds me of some characters but no names immediately come to mind.