Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I didn't want to post that myself, as it's a pretty big potential spoiler, but seeing as you have I'll talk about it. I think you're right. It definitely looks like Starscream. I hope it's not him, but it really looks like him.
    I honestly can't tel,l but since this is the final movie in the series and this scene probably happens near the end big climatic battle I would not be surprised if Starscream dies.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Uh-oh... not a good sign. TFW is reporting Mudflap & Skidz are back. Maybe. There is speculation thy are new twins.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...mers-3-169687/

Either way - ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Uh-oh... not a good sign. TFW is reporting Mudflap & Skidz are back. Maybe. There is speculation thy are new twins.

Either way - ugh.
    After the backlash Star Wars fans had against Jar Jar Binks, even George Lucas had the sense to throw him into the background of the story.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Either way - ugh.
    The article is old. I think they basically filmed the vehicles, but the robots are pretty much being cut out of the film. I doubt they’ve even animated them at all. I think this is one instance where Bay is telling the truth, as he has reiterated again and again that they’re not coming back. Also, the admin over at his official website has also maintained repeatedly that they’re not coming back.

In other news, look at this. It's from the Cannes film festival. Some new footage. There are some beautiful looking shots there, particularly of Prime, Bumblebee and Shockwave. Look out for Bumblebee's transformation on the left. Looks so sleek and clear. Definitely shot with 3D in mind.

Whew! Let's hope we never see the twins again.

I think this is one instance where Bay is telling the truth
    Don't bet on it.

I liked the twins
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

So, this comes out next week. Anyone excited? From the early words I've heard, it is sounding good, for the most part. The 3D is supposed to be fantastic and Bay apparently has learned a thing or two from ROTF. Apparently it’s got a much darker tone and the humour is toned down. Oh, and the people who’ve seen it confirm that the Twins are gone.

I'm sure it will still get trounced by the "professional" critics no matter what, but the fan comments are the ones I'm most interested in, and from most of the ones I've read it sounds very positive so far.

I’ll probably be watching it sometime next weekend.

EDIT:

Someone who saw it just posted this on a board where I post:

I really enjoyed it. It's exactly what you'd expect from Bay, but this is a much more coherent film than the second. In that you actually have a clue what's going on. I felt that the bots were far better represented here. Each one got their moment, and we finally get to see some personality in them.

Cullen is better, too. In the second movie, he bored me. This time around, he actually gets to do some acting. And he's ruthless. But when you see the film, you'll get why.

Barely any shakey cam here. Hurrah. The transformations are excellent and easily seen. And the action is much easier to follow. The robots get loads of screen time.

What else... Rosie is fine. The girl ain't gonna win any acting awards, but she's not terrible.

Wheeljack is not in the film.

Dino is Dino. He talks with an Italian accent.

Don't get your hopes up for Shockwave.

Nimoy rocks.

Some nice in-jokes.

The Wreckers are cool.

If you though the freeway sequence in the first movie was good, this one is amazing.

It's quite dark. A lot of death. And some twists. One in particular I didn't see coming.

When I saw ROTF the first time, I didn't want to see it again in a hurry. This, I'll watch again at the weekend.

Oh, and Sentinel Prime is a badass.

Others have also said that the shaky cam Bay loves so much is all but gone. That’s good news. And all the comments I’ve read say that it is a very linear and coherent film, too.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 26, 2011 at 08:33pm.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Last week I watched the first Transformers again, and as much as I've read you all bash 'Bayformers', I really like the first one. I didn't care as much for RotF, but I don't hate it. I didn't know this until last week, but apparently RotF was written during the writers strike, and Bay was blaming that.

I'm excited for DotM. I can sit and watch Optimus all day long
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    DINO? Seriously? As shown in the game and the novelization, Mirage is the Ferrari. Bay and his ******* name changes. And what do you mean, no Wheeljack? He was a prominent character in the novelization. Lemme guess, Bay's focusing on the stupid antics of Wheelie and Brains, and how lame Sam's life is before he gets pulled back into the mix. Yawn. I'm sure the novel is better, they always are.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Last week I watched the first Transformers again, and as much as I've read you all bash 'Bayformers', I really like the first one. I didn't care as much for RotF, but I don't hate it. I didn't know this until last week, but apparently RotF was written during the writers strike, and Bay was blaming that.

I'm excited for DotM. I can sit and watch Optimus all day long
    Michael Bay seem to catch all the flak in regards to the live action Transformers movies -- but I do think that cuts he made to the Roberto Orci's & Alex Kurtzman's script improved the film.

I read the leaked script for the first movie when it first hit the Internet -- there's a whole bunch of stuff with the FBI & some hackers that was cut (it really didn't contribute to the overall story either).

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    DINO? Seriously? As shown in the game and the novelization, Mirage is the Ferrari. Bay and his ******* name changes. And what do you mean, no Wheeljack? He was a prominent character in the novelization. Lemme guess, Bay's focusing on the stupid antics of Wheelie and Brains, and how lame Sam's life is before he gets pulled back into the mix. Yawn. I'm sure the novel is better, they always are.
    I don't understand why, but apparently Mirage was renamed Dino at the eleventh hour, and Wheeljack (the Einstein-looking Mercedes) is called Que. (This is what I've heard; haven't seen it myself yet.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I don't understand why, but apparently Mirage was renamed Dino at the eleventh hour, and Wheeljack (the Einstein-looking Mercedes) is called Que. (This is what I've heard; haven't seen it myself yet.)
    Renaming characters is nothing new when it comes to Transformers. The toys were given different names in different countries for years (most notably japan). And name changes have happened in the movies before (Brawl was called Devastator in TF1 and Rampage was credited as Skipjack in ROTF).

Personally I can't wait to see DOTM. I liked the first one a lot. The second one on the other hand relied too much on toilet humor that only distracted from the movie IMO.
    So far DOTM looks like it will strike a good middle. The huge scope of ROTF, but with the overall feel of TF1.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

And what do you mean, no Wheeljack? He was a prominent character in the novelization.
    I could be wrong, but I think he means that the character that was formally known as Wheeljack is in it, but that he’s not called Wheeljack in the film. A bit weak, if you ask me. Que is just a highly unoriginal name.

Que is just a highly unoriginal name.
    To say the least.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    so are the twins not in it at all? because according to the novelization:

Spoiler: They're in it but they die
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm watching the first two Transformers Movies to prepare for the third flick tonight!

Just got back from DOTM. I loved it! It was a packed house too. Every seat was taken.

My criticisms about the movie were:

• The super short fights. I think ROTF had the best fight in the Trilogy--the Forest Battle.

• I would have liked to see the Autobots get captured and Prime get his Trailer back. I felt as though I missed something when all these sudden Autobot developments came up while the humans were running around the city.

• I wish Shockwave and Soundwave had more to do. Lets see some of that Military Commander from the comics.

• Laserbeak transforming into everything.

• A better explanation of Mikaela's absence. She must have just left him RIGHT after ROTF--after they pledged their love to each other and been through hell. I would have rather she had gotten killed by a vengeful Decepticon.

• Starscream went out like a *****. So did Q. Thank goodness he wasn't named Wheeljack.

The worst is:
    • Megatron is criminally underused. He's the third or fourth most important character next to Sam, Optimus and Bumblebee and he sits most of the movie out? How the mighty have fallen.

That's what I didn't like. I'll return with a more in-depth retrospective tomorrow.

One last thing...ultra spoilerish:
    That's it for Bayformers, then. I don't see how they can make any more films with these characters. Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave are dead. I suppose they can bring in some of the second string leaders like Bludgeon, Galvatron, Thunderwing, Straxus and Jhiaxus, but except for Galvatron, only hardcore TF fans know those guys.

I so want a Dino (Mirage) toy.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 29, 2011 at 01:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I never thought I could hate Michael Bay more than I hated him yesterday. After seeing DOTM today, I was proven wrong.

I never thought I could hate Michael Bay more than I hated him yesterday. After seeing DOTM today, I was proven wrong.
    I guess you & MGM disagree. If it's anything like the first 2, I won't like it, but I know I'll eventually see it. While Transformers were never my favorite toyline as a kid, I liked them enough that I know I'll force myself to endure one more Bayformers movie.

One thing I don't understand is with all of the changes(in terms of designs, personalities, and names, TF is probably the least faithful adaptation ever), why didn't Paramount just make a giant robot movie without worrying about having to deal with Hasbro? The upcoming movie Real Steel looks like a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots movie without dealing with Mattel.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Let me put it this way, we meet Carly's ass before we actually meet her. I can tell you that really irked my wife. Yep, typical Michael Bay drivel.

i'm expecting the popular thing to do will be to compare this with ROTF, but i'd like to know how it compares to the first movie. i honestly didn't think either of the first two were great, but if i see a majority of people saying this is best of the three i might watch it.

I saw the movie last night and absolutely loved it. I thought it was the best of the 3 movies, and as a G1 fan I have to say that this really felt closer to a G1 style movie in how the Transformers act and such than the other 2 "Bayverse" movies.

As for what I liked best about the movie, that would have to be the way that Megatron was portrayed. I know a lot of folks who have blogged thought that Megatron wasn't portrayed correctly or enough even, but I'm here to tell you that Megatron was done EXACTLY like he should have been all along. Here's why (Spoilers ahead)....

I thought that Megatron acted like Megatron SHOULD act. In the G1 series, Megatron was a schemer, he was arrogant, he tolerated but despised Starscream, but above all he made it clear that HE WAS THE LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!.

We saw all of that in this movie. He schemed with the humans to trick them into working with the Decepticons. He schemed with Sentinel Prime to rebuild Cyberton (all the while planning to betray him eventually I'm sure). He boasted about how scheming with Sentinel Prime was his greatest triumph. He responded to almost everything Starscream said with distain.

And my absolute favorite moment was when Carly is telling him how Sentinel
    Prime is going to be running the show going forward, and he gets majorly ****** off and goes to blast Sentinel Prime in the back and take him down...because ONLY MEGATRON LEADS!

That part totally reminded me of the old G1 Megatron, who would declare that ONLY MEGATRON LEADS any time someone else tired to take control of the Decepticons...even when Devastator claimed that the Constructicons were going to be leaders too with the Triple Changers, Megatron turns around, looks at Devastator, and basically says "oh hell no".

And his scheme with Sentinel Prime reminded me of how Megatron would "act" like he was bowing down to an opponent (like the Dinobots, ect) whenever he wanted to get them do what he wanted. He would do this just long enough to achieve his goal, and then turn on his "allies".

I really believe that Megatron was portrayed better in this movie, and more true to how his character should be than he has been in any other "Bayverse" movie or TF media since the G1 animated series.
    Last edited by starbasetoys; June 29, 2011 at 07:12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I guess you & MGM disagree. If it's anything like the first 2, I won't like it, but I know I'll eventually see it. While Transformers were never my favorite toyline as a kid, I liked them enough that I know I'll force myself to endure one more Bayformers movie.
    That's right.

One thing I don't understand is with all of the changes(in terms of designs, personalities, and names, TF is probably the least faithful adaptation ever), why didn't Paramount just make a giant robot movie without worrying about having to deal with Hasbro? The upcoming movie Real Steel looks like a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots movie without dealing with Mattel.
    Bayformers isn't G1. It's yet another take on Optimus, Bumblebee, etc. They didn't have to be 100% faithful, but hit the right notes when making the movie. It's like how the 1987 movie wasn't the Filmation canon.

Wow. I thought this movie was way better because the "Bay Toilet Humor" was dialed way back. While it had humor, there was only one really awkward scene.

Let me put it this way, we meet Carly's ass before we actually meet her. I can tell you that really irked my wife. Yep, typical Michael Bay drivel.
    As a single guy I was pleased. LOL! We know why Rosie was hired. I liked her way better than Megan Fox.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 29, 2011 at 11:33am.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bayformers isn't G1. It's yet another take on Optimus, Bumblebee, etc. They didn't have to be 100% faithful, but hit the right notes when making the movie. It's like how the 1987 movie wasn't the Filmation canon.
    I know you love Transformers & these movies, but they don't even attempt to remain faithful. There's a big difference between making some changes for an adaptation and obviously throwing most things out the window. Outside of the costumes, MOTU was more faithful to MOTU than Transformers & G.I. Joe were to their original interpretations combined.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    As a single guy I was pleased. LOL! We know why Rosie was hired. I liked her way better than Megan Fox.
    As a single guy, I don't like boney chicks with fishlips.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 29, 2011 at 11:57am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I know you love Transformers & these movies, but they don't even attempt to remain faithful. There's a big difference between making some changes for an adaptation and obviously throwing most things out the window. Outside of the costumes, MOTU was more faithful to MOTU than Transformers & G.I. Joe were to their original interpretations combined.
    Bayformers is faithful if you're looking at the principal ideas from the entire mythos. From Sunbow G1, Marvel G1, Dreamwave G1, IDW G1, Beast Wars/Machines, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated and Prime, it's the exact same plot. Optimus and Megatron bring their forces to Earth and fight over something. The difference s are that specific details always change from era to era.

I think you're right that I'm a Transformers fan in general. Because I'm used to their many, many canons and not just G1, I would see it differently. As far as I'm concerned it's yet another one of the 14 Transformers canons out there, just like G.I. Joe and MOTU's movies were additional canons to their overall mythos.