Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Producer Don Murphy had this to say about the future of the movie franchise:

What happens next? Certainly not a reboot. We haven't lost the Transformers. They didn't grow up or become expensive like Toby Maguire. I don't know what happens next. I'm pretty sure there will be a second trilogy. I am pretty sure it will kick ass. And I am pretty sure some of you will hate it because it wasn't all bots.
    He also had some quite colorful things to say towards people that don't care for the films.

Link? I'd like to read that.

I didn't think they'd do a reboot, but it does seem like since they are going to have to bring in a new director and star they might as well bring a fresh take on it. I kind of feel like the first three movies played out the whole military angle.

I think it'd also be a good time to play with the basic design sense of the movie.

Why did some of them have hair and male patterned baldness?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I saw it and this is my least favorite out of all three.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I didn't think they'd do a reboot, but it does seem like since they are going to have to bring in a new director and star they might as well bring a fresh take on it. I kind of feel like the first three movies played out the whole military angle.

I think it'd also be a good time to play with the basic design sense of the movie.
    on Don Murphy's message board...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I saw it and it was okay. Not as horrendous as the second film but didn't have the "shock" value of the first film. I saw it in 3-D and I felt it was worth the $7. Of course, it had the pre-requisite "Optimus!" screams by Shia, the ever-changing dimensions of the Transformers as well as their ships and the super-rigidity of our buildings (that building that toppled over in which our heores were trapped in must have had adamantium in their girders because it kept it's structural integrity no matter how much damage it took!). Although the movie did follow certain of television's animated stories (Megatron's Master Plan and The Ultimate Doom) I was genuinely surprised by Sentinel Prime's turn in the movie. Oh, and apparently Megatron is Sentinel's *****. And Megatron lets a lowly human say that to him and lets it live...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm sorry, these movies.....just....no.

I think the recent podcast Noah Antwiler, and Brad Jones put out hit on a lot of the things wrong with this horrible, horrible, series.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Here it is! You might need to register to read the actual post. I did and it took me a few seconds.

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthread.php?t=36267

Wow, what a week.
    Travel to NYC Sunday.
    Transformers Red Carpet Tuesday Afternoon.
    Premiere Screening (first one my wheelchair confined mom ever made it to).
    Great Party after.
    The Book of Mormon Wednesday.
    Sleep No More (another great play) Thursday.
    German Exhibitionism at MOMA Friday.
    Alexander McQueen at The Met Friday.

Now I am back in LA with my beautiful wife trying to figure out how to get my real life Haunted House movie (Susan directing), my Dali film (Roger Avary directing) and Faces of Death movie (JT Petty) going while setting up new projects, including another robot movie that should be pretty spiffy.

I don't come back to this place often to post, though I read all the time. I value all the pals I have made on here (you know who you are). At the same time we have not allowed a new member in 6 months, for no good reason other than the spambots sign up 40 accounts a day. No fooling. Thanks for that, Bowspearer you ****.

So I come home and read today and you know what? **** all of you who are haters. No, not haters. **** all of you who think you know better. "Oh woe is me the comic relief really took me out of the movie." "Oh golly, I need to be ****ing spoonfed just HOW Bumblebee got captured." Etc etc.

These movies were NEVER going to be what you wanted them to be. What you wanted was an animated movie that played to the hardcore fan base. What you got was three BILLION dollar blockbusters that expanded the fan base and made it cool again. That made Joe in the street go "Yeah, loved that!"

To read the ongoing ******** EIGHT years after we started this? Just bite me and you know who you are.

What happens next? Certainly not a reboot. We haven't lost the Transformers. They didn't grow up or become expensive like Toby Maguire. I don't know what happens next. I'm pretty sure there will be a second trilogy. I am pretty sure it will kick ass. And I am pretty sure some of you will hate it because it wasn't all bots.

Anyone going to SDCC? Stay tuned to hear about the coolest thing at the Con that Don and Susan might be doing.
    As for that last point, I wondered what they were going to do with all those CGI files. Guess a whole lot of resurrections are in order...

While I enjoyed Bayformers (although I like Beast Wars, G1 and Animated too), I was hoping to see a new version of the live action TFs, since TF3 seemed to end the trilogy. New designs, new human protagonist, new writing and a new story. I think it's best--this simultaneously excites everyone for a new version of the Transformers as well as attract fans of TF who hated Bay.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 4, 2011 at 01:36pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Amen to that!
    Although, I found extremely hard for Paramount to do business with Wolkswagen for a beetle Bumblebee now that we have seen Dina as a Ferrari and Soundwave as a Mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Although the movie did follow certain of television's animated stories (Megatron's Master Plan and The Ultimate Doom)
    Ha, I figured the same when Optimus & Co were aboard the spaceship and Starscream attacked them as the episode tin which they were in a collision course towards the sun.

There's so much still to explore if there's going to be a new trilogy, as the appearance of Quintessons, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus, Galvatron and the coming of Unicron, which could be a hell of cliffhanger between the last 2 installments.

PS: btw, that Murphy guy really sounds like a jerk
    Last edited by Rhanen; July 4, 2011 at 01:56pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Im so tire of the term haters. you have a differing opinion, you're a hater. and its an automatic dismissal of, sometimes some very valid points. I mean is it REALLY such a big thing to have a coherent story? no one is asking to be spoonfed, they are asking for GOOD storytelling. Reminds me of the yadda yadda yadda ep of seinfeld, if you skip over details of a stroy, it's NOT A STORY. Don Murphy's attitude is a reason why I won't pay to see this movie. my $15 won't hurt or help him either way, but at least I know I'm not contributing to his success.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Hear! Hear! When I hear quotes like that or similar things Bay has said, it makes me hope California gets swallowed up soon(or at least Hollywood). I don't think they should make genre movies exactly like the comic, cartoon, or toyline they are based on nor do I think they should kiss the asses of the diehard fans. Having said that, this group of guys take it in another direction. Bay changes the names of characters due to his own arrogant whims(none of his changes made these movies more popular than they would have been with the G1 monikers intact). He brings in fan favorite characters and then either kills them off just to spite the fans(like Arcee) or he makes them practically unrecognizable(I'm not just talking about their robot designs, but what they transform into, what colors they are, & even their personalities).

Except for the big explosions, I don't think Bay brought anything to these movies that a more talented director wouldn't as well. These movies were popular because they were giant robots involved in a lot of action. The ****** designs, the juvenile humor, & the creepy view of women had little to nothing to do with it imo. Even the most diehard supporters of these movies often say how they liked them in spite of the unfunny gags and the crappy looking robots.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I remember browsing through Don Murphy's message board several years ago as the pre-production work on the live action movie was just getting started. I recall people being really enthused becase of Murphy's apparent commitment of bringing G1 world to life in the live action movie (with the expected tweaking & such).

Then Bay gets attached and pre-development really starts moving along, and all of a sudden a few concept designs hit the internet. In general people did not like the twisted pile of metal that was supposed to be Megatron -- ultimately I think there were some adjustments done because of the reaction to the "leaked" concept art. Even back then as concepts for the live action movie were crystallizing and the project was speeding ahead to full production Don Murphy spoke very much the same way towards anyone and everyone who didn't like even the smallest iota of what the movie was becoming.

I believe I was signed up at his message board then, but I soon stopped visiting as Murphy began his rants against all those who weren't 100% supportive of the movie.

I Post There

I post there. He can come across as quite childish sometimes, but his heart is in the right place. It was down to him all those years ago that a Transformers movie even got off the ground at all. The “Haters” rant was aimed at some of the people who post there, not everyone on the Internet. Really, there are some pretty volatile people who post there. Why they haven’t been banned is beyond me, taking into account some of the things they say.

I don’t think his post should be taken as confirmation that Bay is returning, but rather they will do a sequel as appose to a reboot. A second trilogy based in the same continuity would be most welcome. Bring in a new director and production staff, and there’s no reason why it can’t be seen as both a sequel and a reboot. I must admit, my excitement levels will go right down if they announce Michael Bay as the director of TF4. Not that I don’t like what he's done, but I think its time for a different look and feel. Bay is clearly incapable of doing anything different.

Get Neil Blomkamp (District 9) to direct it. He would make a killer Transformers film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    He brings in fan favorite characters and then either kills them off just to spite the fans(like Arcee) or he makes them practically unrecognizable(I'm not just talking about their robot designs, but what they transform into, what colors they are, & even their personalities).
    Do you honestly believe that? Bay is like a child. He just goes with what he likes the look of best. Nothing personal about it. Saying it’s a personal f-you to the fans is a tad bit extreme, IMO.
    Last edited by Krueger; July 4, 2011 at 05:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Do you honestly believe that? Bay is like a child. He just goes with what he likes the look of best. Nothing personal about it. Saying it’s a personal f-you to the fans is a tad bit extreme, IMO.
    Someone posted a quote of his once where he basically said that he was going to give the fans Arcee but quickly kill her off since he didn't like her(I'm paraphrasing). So yes, I do believe that he's done that at least once if not multiple times. I'm not some fanboy who goes about creating conspiracy theories when a company doesn't make my favorite toy, changes the costume of a superhero I like, or alters the origin of a character for a movie adaptation. If I hadn't read the quote from Michael Bay that supported my previous post, I wouldn't have even considered it in the first place.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 4, 2011 at 06:02pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

IDK how about Spielberg Directs 4, Peter Jackson Directs 5 and Cameron 6. That would be a great Transformers trilogy of films. Each so different but equally so good

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Get Neil Blomkamp (District 9) to direct it. He would make a killer Transformers film.
    Excellent choice!
    If he was able to make a great movie like District 9 with more than a modest budget, he would rock with a blockbuster movie studio money!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

on Arcee...

comicbookmovie.com:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Director Michael Bay has revealed that he killed off Arcee in the film simply because he didn't like her.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Director Michael Bay has revealed that he will kill off Arcee in the film simply because he didn't like her.

"You know what? I didn't like Arcee," the filmmaker told MTV. "So I kill her later, all right?"

In fact, he hated the character so much, that he didn't even bother wasting time on making it emotional.

"This is just 'get it out and get it over with'" kind of death, Mr. Bay tells MTV.

According to Mr. Bay, the death of the character is quite sudden and it "isn't sad." MTV recounts him grinning as he discusses the death of the pink motorcycle.

Mr. Bay also jokes that she should have given a better performance and that to the fans of the female Transformer, "it is sad. I'm sorry."

During his interview with MTV, he also denies that Arcee shows up in the film as the motorcycle that Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) will be riding. "No," he denies, "She has nothing to do with Megan."

This denial is despite the fact that USA Today stated this information as fact during their recent article spotlighting the characters in the film.

Well, I watched it and I enjoyed the movie. But I am getting sick of Bay's love of the military. Actually, I was sick of it in the first movie, too. Sorry, America, but I don't care about your army.

I kind of do hope they make more movies, even another trilogy. But, I will happily accept a reboot if it means less humans and more robots, and better robot designs.

Bumble Bee design and Optimus was the best. Need to work on the decepticons next time because really. The autobots were done well. I hope we get Iron Hide back in next trilogy some how.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He also had some quite colorful things to say towards people that don't care for the films.
    I can tell you some colorful things about him.
    He's a spineless hypocrite ********ed **** who doesn't give a **** about anyone who bothers to see his ****ing ****.

You can't. He locked the board so that his "co-workers" (Bay and other *******s) wouldn't see his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    That's an insult to all jerks on the planet.
    Last edited by Grimbot; July 5, 2011 at 09:02am.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

If Bay is out, I wouldn’t mind seeing this continuity continue. Steven Spielberg was a producer on the franchise so I wonder if he might consider stepping into the director’s chair. If Shia doesn’t want to come back, the movie can take place a few years in the future with an older actor playing Sam and introduce Daniel as his son.

Things I’d like to see in another trilogy of the same continuity:

- A storyline that follows the 3rd series of characters (Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, etc), mixed with other characters we haven’t seen yet, and even throws just a few of the Japanes characters in like Metalhawk and Minerva.
    - At least one movie that has the Autobots and Decepticons traveling through space (hitching rides on Fortress Maximus and Scorponok) and taking the battle to other planets.
    - Sam and Daniel are given space suits similar to the concept in G1.
    - Main villain pulling the strings is Unicron.
    - Last movie ends with a giant space battle between Unicron and Primus.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    I can tell you some colorful things about him.
    He's a spineless hypocrite ********ed **** who doesn't give a **** about anyone who bothers to see his ****ing ****.
    So...you're not a fan of Don Murphy...

You can't. He locked the board so that his "co-workers" (Bay and other *******s) wouldn't see his stuff.
    I joined the board so I can see his posts. He's amusing. He thinks a scene that shows Optimus getting his trailer back or showing how Bumblebee got captured means being spoonfed? I know Bayformers has people who love to hate on it for any reason like Spoony and Brad, but he defends these movies on a ridiculous level. That particular part felt like I missed a whole half hour of footage.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I joined the board so I can see his posts. He's amusing. He thinks a scene that shows Optimus getting his trailer back or showing how Bumblebee got captured means being spoonfed? I know Bayformers has people who love to hate on it for any reason like Spoony and Brad, but he defends these movies on a ridiculous level. That particular part felt like I missed a whole half hour of footage.
    No one loves to hate.
    Well, okay, maybe Noah does...
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Saw the movie over the weekend and absolutely loved it. Will probably go and see it again. The 3-D was well worth it. Really sucked you into the movie. The action was awesome. Beyond what others have said, I love the amount of military action in the film. If not for the military, the Autobots would have been grossly outnumbered. So to see the military step up was great! Overall, very happy. The first movie was still the best overall, but the 3rd was still awesome!
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

Sams son I figure would likely be named Optimus and I think maybe Sam died when Starscream returns one day. Bragging about a new Master called Unicron. Maybe the Autobots have to repair and revive Megatron because he has information he needs.
    And maybe Ironhide had a young brother and his name though is Ironside.