Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I joined the board so I can see his posts. He's amusing. He thinks a scene that shows Optimus getting his trailer back or showing how Bumblebee got captured means being spoonfed? I know Bayformers has people who love to hate on it for any reason like Spoony and Brad, but he defends these movies on a ridiculous level. That particular part felt like I missed a whole half hour of footage.
    That's why I'm not eager to see a new MOTU movie. As much as I love movies, Hollywood is full of arrogant hacks who are more worried about making their mark on a franchise they either know nothing about or don't even like than the integrity of the product. I've said it ad nauseum before, but Kevin Smith's story of his dealings with "Barbra Streisand's hairdresser" probably goes on a whole hell of a lot more than anyone would even like to think about.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That's why I'm not eager to see a new MOTU movie. As much as I love movies, Hollywood is full of arrogant hacks who are more worried about making their mark on a franchise they either know nothing about or don't even like than the integrity of the product. I've said it ad nauseum before, but Kevin Smith's story of his dealings with "Barbra Streisand's hairdresser" probably goes on a whole hell of a lot more than anyone would even like to think about.
    At least with MOTU, having He-Man battle a giant spider in the 3rd act wouldn't be too far fetched ...

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Finally got around to seeing this tonight, and I have to confess that I really enjoyed it. There were some parts I felt went on a bit too long, and I really don't think Sam's parents needed to be in it, but overall I was really pleased.

I thought the fight scenes were well executed, and I could tell who was who; I thought Turturro's character was a heck of a lot better written, and less bizarre, then in ROTF (and I always like Frances McDormand), and the humor was dialed down so that it wasn't obnoxious (with a few exceptions.) Oh, and Laserbeak was wicked.

I can live with ignoring ROTF as if it never happened now. Pity I won't get to see anymore of Ravage, but that's the only real loss.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I watched it again last night with my brother and niece/nephew in IMAX 3d. Once again, I really liked it. I can sit and watch a CGI Optimus and Bumblebee all day long.

My brother agreed with me on some of the fight scenes in Chicago drug out a bit too long.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior
    I thought this was a fun finale but what would it have been like if James Cameron were behind these movies?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I thought this was a fun finale but what would it have been like if James Cameron were behind these movies?
    Autobots would had probably spend entire movies criticizing humanity how it badly threats Earth and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Autobots would had probably spend entire movies criticizing humanity how it badly threats Earth and so on...
    HA!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    And then have the Earth collide with a giant iceberg.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    And then have the Earth collide with a giant iceberg.
    Nah, it turns out that Earth IS alive and is in fact a giant transformer. Humans see the error of their ways and Prime reasons with Earth to spare humanity.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, it turns out that Earth IS alive and is in fact a giant transformer. Humans see the error of their ways and Prime reasons with Earth to spare humanity.
    And his real name is Terra Cottus. Nah, I like Earth being sunk by a giant iceberg asteroid. That way Sam can spend an excellent scene drawing Optimus reclining on a couch without his outer metal plates. Mainly in his pre-Earth disguise mode...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I thought the action was really good. I would have liked more Transformers in the movie. Sentinel Prime was probably the best part of the movie. His design was great, I think he even had some Gundam aspects, like his shield. Nimoy's voice was great. Overall much better than 2, still like 1 better. I was shocked to see Ironhide die. I think I swore so loud everyone in the theater heard me. Never saw the swerve coming from Sentinel or Patrick Dempsey.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Did anyone else notice that there were two, maybe three, references to Star Trek due to Nimoy? I didn't realize he was the voice of Sentinel until I saw him on-screen.

The two little autobots are sitting on the couch watching Star Trek when one says "ahhh, I've seen this one...it's where Spock goes nuts". The other is when Sam meets Carlie's boss and he says "wow a regular Star Trek enterprise in here" (or something along those lines).

The third reference I'm not sure about. Bumblebee uses clips from movies to talk. When he is putting some clips together while saying goodbye to Sam prior to boarding the shuttle I THINK they used a clip from the recent Star Trek movie where Spock told Kirk "I have been, and will always be your closest friend" (once again, not sure on the exact wording). I think they just nabbed the "your closest friend" part.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

My favorite part was seeing Optimus Prime driving with a cab. Finally felt like a Transformers movie in those moments. Hearing Peter Cullen speak and Leonard Nimoy ( (who was Galvatron in the animated movie) really added some fun to the series. Not a great trilogy in terms of quality but enough fun moments that kept it from being a total wreck like the Matrix trilogy. Maybe in 3-5 years we'll see a reboot with robots closer to the G1 characters. Set in 1984. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Did anyone else notice that there were two, maybe three, references to Star Trek due to Nimoy? I didn't realize he was the voice of Sentinel until I saw him on-screen.

The two little autobots are sitting on the couch watching Star Trek when one says "ahhh, I've seen this one...it's where Spock goes nuts". The other is when Sam meets Carlie's boss and he says "wow a regular Star Trek enterprise in here" (or something along those lines).

The third reference I'm not sure about. Bumblebee uses clips from movies to talk. When he is putting some clips together while saying goodbye to Sam prior to boarding the shuttle I THINK they used a clip from the recent Star Trek movie where Spock told Kirk "I have been, and will always be your closest friend" (once again, not sure on the exact wording). I think they just nabbed the "your closest friend" part.
    Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm not a big Star Trek guy), but the line "the needs of the many outway the needs of the few" was from a Trek movie(I think it was The Wrath Of Khan). The funny thing is that Spock, a hero, said it while the same actor used the line in TF3 while portraying a villain.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm not a big Star Trek guy), but the line "the needs of the many outway the needs of the few" was from a Trek movie(I think it was The Wrath Of Khan). The funny thing is that Spock, a hero, said it while the same actor used the line in TF3 while portraying a villain.
    Yep, that was the most obvious one I noticed, although the line doesn't really make sense the way Sentinel Prime uses it (since there are probably more humans on earth than Transformers on the dying/dead Cybertron.

Silly question, but didn't only two of the three RC motorcycles die? Wasn't there one left at the end of the film?
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Silly question, but didn't only two of the three RC motorcycles die? Wasn't there one left at the end of the film?
    I don't think who survived mattered to anyone involved with making these movies. Not only did characters from the previous films disappear without any reason given, 2 characters' fates were never revealed in this latest movie after a scene where they were supposedly in jeopardy. There was even a point where it was said in TF3 that there were 9 remaining Autobots even though there were more than that featured in the movie.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I saw it, more of the same but a little better.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Who was left by the time the Autobots were sent off into space?

Optimus
    Bumblebee
    Sideswipe
    Cue (Wheeljack)
    Dino (Mirage)
    Wrecker 1
    Wrecker 2
    Wrecker 3
    Wheels
    Brains

That's... 10... unless they weren't counting Wheels and Brains... but then I'm missing one. By the end of the movie itself, you can take Cue off the list...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

Optimus
    Bumblebee
    Sideswipe
    Cue (Wheeljack)
    Dino (Mirage)
    Wrecker 1
    Wrecker 2
    Wrecker 3
    Wheels
    Brains

That's... 10... unless they weren't counting Wheels and Brains... but then I'm missing one. By the end of the movie itself, you can take Cue off the list...
    Ratchet, Skids, & Mudflap(the last 2 were supposedly Chevy Sparks and were seen during the convoy scene.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I don't think who survived mattered to anyone involved with making these movies. Not only did characters from the previous films disappear without any reason given, 2 characters' fates were never revealed in this latest movie after a scene where they were supposedly in jeopardy. There was even a point where it was said in TF3 that there were 9 remaining Autobots even though there were more than that featured in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

Optimus
    Bumblebee
    Ratchet
    Sideswipe
    Cue (Wheeljack)
    Dino (Mirage)
    Wrecker 1 (Leadfoot--the fat red one who's toys are all Target exclusives)
    Wrecker 2 (Roadbuster--the green one)
    Wrecker 3 (Topspin--the blue one)

You forgot Ratchet. I don't think Simmons was counting Brains and Wheelie.

Shokoti might be wondering what happened to Skids, Mudflap, Jolt and any of the Arcee twins that survived TF2...the extended universe comics and TF3 novelization from Peter David explain what happen to those characters and why they aren't based in Diego Garcia anymore.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

***SPOILERS***

You forgot Ratchet. I don't think Simmons was counting Brains and Wheelie.
    Considering they were shown being packed up, I don't know why they wouldn't be counted. Trust me, if I liked the movie, I could easily overlook that, but, since I didn't, it's just another reason why I feel this was a bad movie.

Shokoti might be wondering what happened to Skids, Mudflap, Jolt and any of the Arcee twins that survived TF2...the extended universe comics and TF3 novelization from Peter David explain what happen to those characters and why they aren't based in Diego Garcia anymore.
    That reminds me of Abrams' Star Trek(another movie I didn't like; I might actually put TF3 above it). If you have to read comics, novels, and Q&A's just to understand some of the plotholes, you have a sloppy movie.

Unless Peter David's book had those Autobots you mentioned killed or shipped to another planet, they should have been included. In the movie, all Autobots were supposed to have been shipped off of Earth & not just the ones that were on that base.

Btw, did David's book say if Wheelie or Brains survived or not? From what was shown in the movie, they should have lived. Although, since their last scene had them exclaiming "we're gonna die", who knows.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    ***SPOILERS***

Considering they were shown being packed up, I don't know why they wouldn't be counted. Trust me, if I liked the movie, I could easily overlook that, but, since I didn't, it's just another reason why I feel this was a bad movie.

That reminds me of Abrams' Star Trek(another movie I didn't like; I might actually put TF3 above it). If you have to read comics, novels, and Q&A's just to understand some of the plotholes, you have a sloppy movie.

Unless Peter David's book had those Autobots you mentioned killed or shipped to another planet, they should have been included. In the movie, all Autobots were supposed to have been shipped off of Earth & not just the ones that were on that base.

Btw, did David's book say if Wheelie or Brains survived or not? From what was shown in the movie, they should have lived. Although, since their last scene had them exclaiming "we're gonna die", who knows.
    Jolt was killed by Shockwave in the prequel comics. Brains and Wheelie escaped the Decepticon cruiser after it crashed into Lake Michigan. Wheeljack/Que died in the river after the Driller caused a chasm to open up and launched him into it. He was ambushed by Decepticons patroling the waters.

Starscream killed Mirage/Dino after he had finished rescuing Carly and Sam from the falling building. Leadfoot was the one that bought the farm when the Cons had captured the Autobots during the battle. Mudflap and Skids were killed by Sentinal Prime after he had killed Ironhide. As for Arcee and her sisters, I believe that Chromia was the only one that survived TF2 (supposedly) and she wasn't mentioned in the novel.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I saw this last night and REALLY enjoyed it! It may be my favorite out of all three (I didn't really care for the second one).

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    They won me back with this one after the ROTF fiasco. As it was, I didn't even see it until Monday.

The movie (really, the series) wasn't about being a "great" movie. It was about being a spectacle. It was about having a bunch of giant ****ing robots beating the bolts out of each other. Mission accomplished.

It's not G1. It was never going to be G1. I'm a "GeeWunner", and even I can admit that would have made for a truly terrible movie. Bay wasn't trying to make movies that were savishly accurate to a 20 year old toy. He was making movies to appeal to as wide an audience as possible that just happened to be loosely based on a 20 year old toy.

It's not perfect. Most big-budget action movies aren't. Most of them have plotholes big enough to drive long-nosed semis though. If they can make the audience suspend disbelief long enough to enjoy the movie, then they did their job. And based on box office numbers, there is plenty of belief suspending going on. People love it. The critics skewered it, but it has a 90% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. People that don't sit there nitpicking every little thing and appreciate it for what it was intended to be are enjoying themselves.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats