Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

A lot more better than the second one! compare to this one the second one is a little... tacky.

I really like the "Battle of Apocalypse" but I think that's a little cliche in all sci-fi or fantasy fiction but this one execute greatly compare from what I've saw lately. But, the main plot is kind of reminds me the final battle or war from Starcraft II. The real similarity are "waiting for the right time to end the result".
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I saw this yesterday and it was an awesome robot-bash-spectacle! It wasn't perfect, and the ending felt a bit rushed (it would've been nice to get somekind of post-action glimpse at how things work out for the main characters). But all in all it was good, or maybe even awesome.

SPOILERS:

It's a rare thing now a days to see a property-based movie where I actually believe some things can be possible (I was ready to believe that Bumblebee and Optimus Prime could die, and I did not see Sentinel Prime's betrayal before it happened). It might be that I'm the only one who felt this way, but for me that was exciting - it made the movie really tense.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    They won me back with this one after the ROTF fiasco. As it was, I didn't even see it until Monday.

The movie (really, the series) wasn't about being a "great" movie. It was about being a spectacle. It was about having a bunch of giant ****ing robots beating the bolts out of each other. Mission accomplished.

It's not G1. It was never going to be G1. I'm a "GeeWunner", and even I can admit that would have made for a truly terrible movie. Bay wasn't trying to make movies that were savishly accurate to a 20 year old toy. He was making movies to appeal to as wide an audience as possible that just happened to be loosely based on a 20 year old toy.

It's not perfect. Most big-budget action movies aren't. Most of them have plotholes big enough to drive long-nosed semis though. If they can make the audience suspend disbelief long enough to enjoy the movie, then they did their job. And based on box office numbers, there is plenty of belief suspending going on. People love it. The critics skewered it, but it has a 90% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. People that don't sit there nitpicking every little thing and appreciate it for what it was intended to be are enjoying themselves.
    Still not going to pay money to see this one, here's my TF history (bayverse) saw and enjoyed the first one despite a TONNE of plot holes bad directing, not my style design choices and (IMO) crappy script. as time went on I started disliking the movie, then I hated it and that stuck with me. saw the second on dvd, what a pile of crap, nothing good was learned from the mistakes of the first, they just amplified the mistakes. reviews of the 3rd, at this point it doesn't matter. I'm not that invested or interested in these characters to care whether it gets raves or rants, it's a movie I don't have to see. So my opinion on the 3rd is "I'll wait and see" I don't care too much, I just wish (as a pop culture/80s kid) they did the characters justice more than focused on delivering a spectacle. (you CAN have it both ways)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I've got to say though, as someone who didn't bother to go see the second one in the theaters, I understand your viewpoint... but this one IS much better, and I feel like most of it's charms will be fully appreciated on the big screen.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Still not going to pay money to see this one, here's my TF history (bayverse) saw and enjoyed the first one despite a TONNE of plot holes bad directing, not my style design choices and (IMO) crappy script. as time went on I started disliking the movie, then I hated it and that stuck with me. saw the second on dvd, what a pile of crap, nothing good was learned from the mistakes of the first, they just amplified the mistakes. reviews of the 3rd, at this point it doesn't matter. I'm not that invested or interested in these characters to care whether it gets raves or rants, it's a movie I don't have to see. So my opinion on the 3rd is "I'll wait and see" I don't care too much, I just wish (as a pop culture/80s kid) they did the characters justice more than focused on delivering a spectacle. (you CAN have it both ways)
    Apparently, you care enough to rail against it without having seen it.

As for doing the characters justice, you realize that the big screen is not generally the best place to go for "doing characters justice" in this kind of movie, right? If you want rich character development, read a novelization or trade paperback. This isn't about cow-towing to the 80's kids. That much is abundantly clear.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I've got to say though, as someone who didn't bother to go see the second one in the theaters, I understand your viewpoint... but this one IS much better, and I feel like most of it's charms will be fully appreciated on the big screen.
    Thats my biggest dilemma as movies like this are made for the big screen. BUT saying I'm not paying to see it doesn't mean bootleg etc, i may use a free pass to see it on screen
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Apparently, you care enough to rail against it without having seen it.

As for doing the characters justice, you realize that the big screen is not generally the best place to go for "doing characters justice" in this kind of movie, right? If you want rich character development, read a novelization or trade paperback. This isn't about cow-towing to the 80's kids. That much is abundantly clear.
    I'm not railing against it, railing against it would be me making a stink and fuss about bay and disrespect of the characters etc. my 80s kid comment is only about my interest in he franchise, I'm not a big fan, but these are propertes i'm familiar with and it would be nice to see the leading characters of the franchise actually BE characters. (all this is based on my experience with 1 and 2) rather than props, weapons, set pieces. if youenjoyed it great, maybe i will too, but for me to say your opinion on the movie is stupid is as groundless as you saying mine is. (not that you did) my perspective is based on the film making side more than the fan side. i don't like he scripts or direction of the first two and my passion comes from that more than the property (hear me rant about how much i loathed the lovely bones, i don't care one lick about the book!) also boredom between now and sdcc plus a lack of money and missing my girlfriend leads me to put in my 2 cents where my interest may only be mild
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 8, 2011 at 01:26pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

saw it last night..

i want my 2 1/2 hours back

SPOILERS BELOW...

the script was trash, no broken bones or a scratch on the pretty model and she looked better than ever at the end of the film. the movie seemed like it wasn't gonna end..

the parents or mother that was damn annoying, (shut the hell up please) the worst part of the film was seeing that ****ing annoying asian dude from the hangover

then a transformer with dreadlocks

complete garbage
    Last edited by carlo; July 15, 2011 at 02:01pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    then a transformer with dreadlocks
    Right, because we've never had TFs with facial hair, so dreadlocks are just too much, right?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Right, because we've never had TFs with facial hair, so dreadlocks are just too much, right?
    I seem to recall only two Autobots with 'facial hair'

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Yeah, hair on TF's isn't new.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Are all the Transformers with facial hair from the 80's movie?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Wreck-Gar, also - and in the movie, Sentinel Prime borrows heavily from the Alpha Trion 'look'.

But yes - I think all of the 'haired' characters except Alpha Trion are from the movie or later.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Maybe my problem with Transformers movies is not Michael Bay but facial hair. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I remember not liking the animated movie either.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

one more scene that was just so..

when the poor pretty bimbo that never gets a scratch in her perfect body, gets right in front of this enormous piece of killer metal / steel and tells megatron whats his face would be his *****

wow, bimbo saved optimus life, so glad she saved the day
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

the parents or mother that was damn annoying, (shut the hell up please)
    I thought Shia's mom was hilarious! She was really funny in the first one, not so much in the second, but she brought it back for this one IMO!

when the poor pretty bimbo that never gets a scratch in her perfect body, gets right in front of this enormous piece of killer metal / steel and tells megatron whats his face would be his *****

wow, bimbo saved optimus life, so glad she saved the day
    At least she was better to look at and hear than Megan Fox ever was.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Still have not see it yet but really want to 1 day when I can get that day charge which is lesser or the night.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I thought Shia's mom was hilarious! She was really funny in the first one, not so much in the second, but she brought it back for this one IMO!
    Not sure why anyone would dislike the parents in this one, they were in it for about 5-10 minutes and never heard from again (we don't even know where they ended up), they had much more screen time in the 1st two films

At least she was better to look at and hear than Megan Fox ever was.
    I disagree to the highest level, I prefer Fox over the new girl by a large margin.

This movie lacked in characters and to believe Sam would get 2 hot model type women but be unemployed and shunned by the govt is really poor writing to boot.

I could buy the 2 hot women, but they basically **** all over Sams character in this movie. After saving the world twice he should have been written stronger and not as whiney. Not to mention the 2-3 nasty remarks about Fox's character throughout the movie were unneeded, they could have easily written in that after the stress of saving the world it was too much but all this movie did was so how petty Bay actually is. People get fired all the time, be professional about it at least.

I enjoyed it for what it was, I really liked you could see the robots in full this time and the Wreckers were just so awesome!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Not sure why anyone would dislike the parents in this one, they were in it for about 5-10 minutes and never heard from again (we don't even know where they ended up), they had much more screen time in the 1st two films
    After the "pep talk" by Judy, Sam warned them to leave the city.

This movie lacked in characters and to believe Sam would get 2 hot model type women but be unemployed and shunned by the govt is really poor writing to boot.
    I agree about Sam not finding a job. He couldn't get a position with NEST? He knows more about the Autobots than anyone and he's the human they trust the most. I know they can get some extra guys to train Sam in military tactics, so I didn't buy the CIA director's antagonism against him.

As for Sam's ability to attract out of his league women, I think the movie attempted a weak explanation of how he does this. Sam is packing.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Well, saw it on wednesday. I was enjoying myself until the end when it felt like they took the movie, shook the heck out of it, and tossed it down some stairs. Of course, I think overall I can say that I still enjoyed it, but the end really killed some of my momentum. For one thing, pretty much ALL my favorite villians went down like suckers. Starscream never got to do much in any of these movies, so I guess I'm not surprised. Shockwave was just...useless. I can believe he was overwhelmed (even if humans are tiny) but he thrashed around and aimed his gun a TON of times and didn't even fire once. I mean, if you're getting trashed like that, you'd think he would at least fire wildly to try and hit someone. Then Ripapartimus Prime comes in and tears him apart. Just about the only guy who got a good fight in was Soundwave. Megatron...well you know. How many seconds was that?

Oh well, like I said, I still had a good time. I just wish the bad guys would have been able to do SOMETHING. I mean, the Decepticons were the only ones taking prisoners in this movie! Granted, they started offing them, but the Autobots (Especially Prime) never think twice before ripping thier enemies apart.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Ripapartimus Prime
    ROTFLMAO!!!! Love it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Saw it again today, this time in 3D. I enjoyed it more in that venue than I dud at the drive-in, but I still felt a bit bored before the end. Not a bad movie, but still not wowing me. Parts of it are incredibly awesome, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I really liked how we saw even Optimus has a dark side or has I had enough button. They way he goes all Megatron on Megatron and Sentinal. I was wanting to hear him say as he wacked Sentinal. You won't live long and Prosper.

I know many had a problem with the ending but It was out of no where for Optimus and maybe its Cybertron Justice.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Reading all the post in this, and other Transformers threads, I'm curious about actual numbers of people here that like it or dislike it. I created a poll for just that. Do you like "Bayformers"?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Herew's my review
    no new complaints but ones of my complants about the series was amplifiede I'm speaking of the generic look of the robots they look too much alike.

I also didn't like the hair on two of the bots

but other then those it was pretty darn good(the best of the three) I loved the fast one optimus pulled(pretending to get on the ship a classic)

I loved how they got Leonard nimoy for sentinal's vioce(and it was funny what he quoted Spock)

And speaking of the humor I like how bay strayed away from the potty humer(mostly) the jokes aree genuinly funny (even the crazy asian guy)

I DO however wish that sentinal shoul;d have realzed prime was right before he died something like "I was right it WAS your turn to teach me)

but on the whole it was a great movie.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I was this at IMAX in 3D. Visually it was great. The main thing that struck me throughout the film was the huge amounts of humans killed. Also the way some scenes have scattered clothes around bodies that have been turned to ash by the Deceptacons. It was quite brutal in parts. I did like that Sam got to take out a Deceptacon almost all on his own. The humans looked like they finally got the tactics to kill some of the big boys.

Overall... 3/5 It just missedca 4 if the final tussle with Megatron had have gone on a little longer.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!