Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 379

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

  1. #351
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,037
    Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    And since I'm not gonna see it can someone confirm a few things for me?
    Like do they make us listen to another Linkin Park song ad the end credits? Y'know just because they have giant anime robots all over their album art means they have to be in a movie about giant robots.
    Linkin Park has been with Bayformers since the first movie, doing their soundtrack, so I'd expect them as regulars. And yes, the credits do play their single.

    And do they even explain Mikaela's absence in the movie(not that I really care), or is it just as simple as she dumped him for Wheelie, oh that would be funny?
    No. But they mentioned her indirectly a couple of times and got in a few small digs.

    In the novel, she left Sam right after ROTF. She couldn't take it anymore. Yes, right after they pledged their love for each other and survived their second giant robot apocalypse.

    It would have been better if she died as a Decepticon reprisal between films.

    Mikaela had bigger balls than Sam and wouldn't simply leave because the robots got to her.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  2. #352
    Heroic Warrior theblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Posts
    790
    No. But they mentioned her indirectly a couple of times and got in a few small digs.

    In the novel, she left Sam right after ROTF. She couldn't take it anymore. Yes, right after they pledged their love for each other and survived their second giant robot apocalypse.

    It would have been better if she died as a Decepticon reprisal between films.

    Mikaela had bigger balls than Sam and wouldn't simply leave because the robots got to her.
    That's funny, Micheal Bay's feelings must have been really hurt when Megan said all those horrible things about him (to pass her off as a joke in the dialogue when she did help out Bumble Bee in the 1st one) ...or maybe in her own ego she wanted nothing more to do with that franchise so she did everything she could to get her contract torn up. BTW, anyone gonna see Passion Play?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

    My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

  3. #353
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Well, for your sake and your fellow fans who aren't prudes, I hope if we ever get a new MOTU movie, Orko pees on people, Battle Cat humps people's legs, and Megator's balls are swinging for all to gaze upon. That will make it a blockbuster for sure. I'll stay at home and watch my G-Rated Secret Of The Sword fully clothed in my feety pajamas right after I say my bedtime prayers.
    If I’ve offended you I apologise for that. That really wasn’t my intention, Shokoti.

    Everyone else who hates the films (not the fans) take aim at the muddled plots and lack of a coherent structure. A lot (not all) of the fans complaints tend to just be about Bumblebee peeing and Wheelie humping legs and what not. Why? There are much bigger problems in the films.

    The only “joke” that I really think went too far in any of the Transformers films was Sam’s mother getting high in ROTF. To be honest, it wasn’t really about the content, just the fact that it went on and on for no reason whatsoever.

  4. #354
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    If I’ve offended you I apologise for that. That really wasn’t my intention, Shokoti.
    Not at all. I was just being a smartass. Sorry if it seemed like I was mad.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  5. #355
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Not at all. I was just being a smartass. Sorry if it seemed like I was mad.
    Oh, right.

  6. #356
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No. But they mentioned her indirectly a couple of times and got in a few small digs.

    In the novel, she left Sam right after ROTF. She couldn't take it anymore. Yes, right after they pledged their love for each other and survived their second giant robot apocalypse.

    It would have been better if she died as a Decepticon reprisal between films.

    Mikaela had bigger balls than Sam and wouldn't simply leave because the robots got to her.
    Since Bay has come out & said Spielberg made him fire her since she compared Bay to Hitler during an interview, I'm surprised they didn't villainize her even more by explaining her charcter left Sam because her parents didn't like her in a mixed faith relationship. Hollywood seems like a nasty place. I am so happy to be stuck in Chicagoland(which luckily stopped being the central hub for the film industry in the early 1900's).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 17, 2011 at 08:44pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  7. #357
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    To some fans it is. Usually such disdain comes from Bayhaters or Geewunners, but no matter how awesome the battles or special effects are, some casual fans are taken out of the movie by Bay's bizarre sense of humor. I've found that some people have a tendency to overexaggerate how bad Bay's movies are.

    Do people remember the awesome fight in the forest between Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Grindor? No, they remember the gag with Devastator's balls.
    I wouldn't call myself a Belch fan, but I have seen some of his films, and I didn't mind them. Though they were little more than forgettable action flicks, at least they were watchable. I don't remember Pearl Harbor laced with potty jokes and minature dogs humping things.

    What Michael Barf did to the Transformers franchaise was utterly unforgivable, and inexcusable. I don't care that the movies made money. I don't care that it launched a few toylines, and I don't care that I got to oogle Shia for a few hours.

    He took what could have been fantastic, high brow, sci-fi, cinematic beauty (Abyss, Aliens, Avatar, Bladerunner, Terminator, even that last Star Trek movie) and turned it into complete crap. For every scene that was somewhat visually interesting, it took that long for me to forget the assault on my eyes and brain from the previous truckload of filthy juvenile comic relief.

    To all of you who enjoyed these films, maybe you were just capable of working a little harder to mine the good from it. Or maybe its something else I will omit from my post. To those of you who feel angry, repulsed or robbed of something by Michael Bile... Thank you for seeing truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Everyone else who hates the films (not the fans) take aim at the muddled plots and lack of a coherent structure. A lot (not all) of the fans complaints tend to just be about Bumblebee peeing and Wheelie humping legs and what not. Why? There are much bigger problems in the films.

    The only “joke” that I really think went too far in any of the Transformers films was Sam’s mother getting high in ROTF. To be honest, it wasn’t really about the content, just the fact that it went on and on for no reason whatsoever.
    Yeah it had bigger problems... and when it is coupled with the stuff most people point out, how can anyone love this crap?
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; July 18, 2011 at 12:46am.

  8. #358
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I wouldn't call myself a Belch fan, but I have seen some of his films, and I didn't mind them. Though they were little more than forgettable action flicks, at least they were watchable. I don't remember Pearl Harbor laced with potty jokes and minature dogs humping things.

    What Michael Barf did to the Transformers franchaise was utterly unforgivable, and inexcusable. I don't care that the movies made money. I don't care that it launched a few toylines, and I don't care that I got to oogle Shia for a few hours.

    He took what could have been fantastic, high brow, sci-fi, cinematic beauty (Abyss, Aliens, Avatar, Bladerunner, Terminator, even that last Star Trek movie) and turned it into complete crap. For every scene that was somewhat visually interesting, it took that long for me to forget the assault on my eyes and brain from the previous truckload of filthy juvenile comic relief.

    To all of you who enjoyed these films, maybe you were just capable of working a little harder to mine the good from it. Or maybe its something else I will omit from my post. To those of you who feel angry, repulsed or robbed of something by Michael Bile... Thank you for seeing truth.

    Yeah it had bigger problems... and when it is coupled with the stuff most people point out, how can anyone love this crap?




    That's why.

    Like I've said before, the people who like Bayformers and continued to see the movies beyond the first one didn't spend $11 to focus on the humping dogs and toilet humor. They spent the $11 to see photorealistic robot carnage. That is why people go see the movies.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 18, 2011 at 08:56am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  9. #359
    Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,085
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's why.

    Like I've said before, the people who like Bayformers and continued to see the movies beyond the first one didn't spend $11 to focus on the humping dogs and toilet humor. They spent the $11 to see photorealistic robot carnage. That is why people go see the movies.
    You mean the photo realistic robot carnage that moves so fast that you can't tell what the hell is going on and often you aren't even sure what character you are looking at (especially with the Decepticons since they all have very similar color schemes)?

    Yeah, that's some great stuff.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  10. #360
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    You mean the photo realistic robot carnage that moves so fast that you can't tell what the hell is going on and often you aren't even sure what character you are looking at (especially with the Decepticons since they all have very similar color schemes)?

    Yeah, that's some great stuff.
    Exactly.

    While that's a good criticism that Bay makes the action too fast for some people to follow and the Decepticons have similar color schemes, the robot fights are the main reason why these movies make so much money.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  11. #361
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i owe you a round of booze my friend
    Cheers buddy

  12. #362
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/bc/RO...vs_Grindor.jpg
    http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2007-07/30937813.jpg
    http://www.joekabuto.com/LINK/HOME/D...ws09022011.png

    That's why.

    Like I've said before, the people who like Bayformers and continued to see the movies beyond the first one didn't spend $11 to focus on the humping dogs and toilet humor. They spent the $11 to see photorealistic robot carnage. That is why people go see the movies.
    You didn't need to post the images. I was there. I saw these scenes. I get it. Big robots. Big guns. Big explosions. Go boom! Awesome!

    Transformers was always more than that. Be it G1, RID, Beastwars, whatever. Michael Boil took iconic characters and turned them into a stew of nasty little brats, floppy stupid gremlins and in his attempt to humanize them, gave them the worst of human traits, creating horrid designs and terrible, forgettable characters.

    I could go on, pulling out quotes from these wretched films that further prove my point, but the film does that on its own. I'd rather watch a Jar Jar Binks movie, at least I know he is supposed to be that way.

    Maybe Michael Bilge can team up with George Lucas and give us SW fans what we really want! Then Jar Jar can really shine. Pee on some lightsabres. Puke on some Ewoks and lick it off, and hump them, and finish by saving planet Dun'Nark from the giant Pluur'Doks and their basketball sized testicles, all while getting blasted Aldarian Gunja Leef! Freakin' awesome dude! Whoa! Explosions! Because you know, as long as the rest of the movie has some explosions and Darth Vader, it will be an awesome flick. Dude!

    Even better! Mock Bay could direct the MOTU movie and toss in his own brand of humor! Give the fans a genuine MOTU movie that would blow the 1980s movie out of the water. I can see it now. BattleCat marking his territory by peeing on every minion he defeats, after he dry humps them. Orko can perform the King's favorite disappearing toilet trick.

    (deleted)

    And in the final climatic battle Skeletor can shout "Eternia will be mine!" and He-Man's clever retort will be "No! You are my *****!" and Orko will chuckle, crap his pants and add "Your boney little *****!" Explosions! Awesome dude! The end.



    I think Michael ******** watched this before making any of the TF movies.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; July 18, 2011 at 02:25pm.

  13. #363
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,442
    Sky Breaker is my new hero. Everything in my head that bubbles to get out and be written is already posted. Thank you LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  14. #364
    YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland.
    Posts
    3,789
    I see what you did there. You changed Michael Bay's name to different, unflattering words. very clever.

    "Iconic" characters, huh? And you name RID as an example? I really could have stopped reading there. There was exactly one character in G1 that had depth to his personality-Prime. That was IT. Everyone else was one-note. People like them at the time because the could turn into cars and jets. People like them now because of nostalgia.

    But back on topic. "Transformers was always more than that." You mean, it was more that a toy commercial? You mean, they didn't kill off their main character in the movie to...what? Sell more toys. It was such a resounding failure that they brought him back less than half a season later.

    The problem is that the shortsighted are romanticizing 20+ year old cartoons into something they weren't: good. There have been two 'good' TF series: Beast Wars and Animated. Last time I checked, these weren't BW or Animated movies. They were based on concepts of 20-year old, one-dimensional characters, and adapted as needed.

    The source material wasn't Tolkien. Hell, it wasn't even Rowling. It was Hasbro. The movies weren't going to get as in-depth as the comics and (better) series have. To expect them to is to set yourself up to be disappointed.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.


    Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  15. #365
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I see what you did there. You changed Michael Bay's name to different, unflattering words. very clever.

    "Iconic" characters, huh? And you name RID as an example? I really could have stopped reading there. There was exactly one character in G1 that had depth to his personality-Prime. That was IT. Everyone else was one-note. People like them at the time because the could turn into cars and jets. People like them now because of nostalgia.

    But back on topic. "Transformers was always more than that." You mean, it was more that a toy commercial? You mean, they didn't kill off their main character in the movie to...what? Sell more toys. It was such a resounding failure that they brought him back less than half a season later.

    The problem is that the shortsighted are romanticizing 20+ year old cartoons into something they weren't: good. There have been two 'good' TF series: Beast Wars and Animated. Last time I checked, these weren't BW or Animated movies. They were based on concepts of 20-year old, one-dimensional characters, and adapted as needed.

    The source material wasn't Tolkien. Hell, it wasn't even Rowling. It was Hasbro. The movies weren't going to get as in-depth as the comics and (better) series have. To expect them to is to set yourself up to be disappointed.
    but it's fair of fans to expect great story-telling. someone pointed out that The Godfather book was trashy compared to the film, so to just write it off because of it's source isn't fair. Somethings have GREAT concepts but bad execution while others suffer from the opposite, as fans of something we should want and hope that when they come with a product based on that property that it's of a high quality (to our standards) though our standards shouldn't be impossible.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  16. #366
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I see what you did there. You changed Michael Bay's name to different, unflattering words. very clever.

    "Iconic" characters, huh? And you name RID as an example? I really could have stopped reading there. There was exactly one character in G1 that had depth to his personality-Prime. That was IT. Everyone else was one-note. People like them at the time because the could turn into cars and jets. People like them now because of nostalgia.

    But back on topic. "Transformers was always more than that." You mean, it was more that a toy commercial? You mean, they didn't kill off their main character in the movie to...what? Sell more toys. It was such a resounding failure that they brought him back less than half a season later.

    The problem is that the shortsighted are romanticizing 20+ year old cartoons into something they weren't: good. There have been two 'good' TF series: Beast Wars and Animated. Last time I checked, these weren't BW or Animated movies. They were based on concepts of 20-year old, one-dimensional characters, and adapted as needed.

    The source material wasn't Tolkien. Hell, it wasn't even Rowling. It was Hasbro. The movies weren't going to get as in-depth as the comics and (better) series have. To expect them to is to set yourself up to be disappointed.
    You should have just stopped reading then.

    Adapted as needed? Yeah, to fit an audience of stupid, and to bloat Michael Blimps pockets with money. There, see that. Oops I did it again! I played with your heart. Got lost in the game, ooh baby baby. Explosion!

    No the source material wasn't Tolkien, or Rowling, or Meyer or any other household name writers you could dig up on the fly whose books have been transformed into successful film franchaises.

    The new TF movies are in not even a pale reflection of the original canons, even if all you see is a 20 minute toy commercial. I know what the source material was, and it was Shakespear compared to the filth we got. I didn't expect a life changing event. I just expected something that wasn't fished out of Michael Blowhards rectum. Explosion!

    As far as killing off main characters which you consider to be a resounding failures to sell more toys... they are robots, and cartoons, and fiction, it works just fine.

    PS: I loathe Britney Spears.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; July 18, 2011 at 02:42pm.

  17. #367
    Heroic Warrior theblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    You didn't need to post the images. I was there. I saw these scenes. I get it. Big robots. Big guns. Big explosions. Go boom! Awesome!

    Transformers was always more than that. Be it G1, RID, Beastwars, whatever. Michael Boil took iconic characters and turned them into a stew of nasty little brats, floppy stupid gremlins and in his attempt to humanize them, gave them the worst of human traits, creating horrid designs and terrible, forgettable characters.

    I could go on, pulling out quotes from these wretched films that further prove my point, but the film does that on its own. I'd rather watch a Jar Jar Binks movie, at least I know he is supposed to be that way.

    Maybe Michael Bilge can team up with George Lucas and give us SW fans what we really want! Then Jar Jar can really shine. Pee on some lightsabres. Puke on some Ewoks and lick it off, and hump them, and finish by saving planet Dun'Nark from the giant Pluur'Doks and their basketball sized testicles, all while getting blasted Aldarian Gunja Leef! Freakin' awesome dude! Whoa! Explosions! Because you know, as long as the rest of the movie has some explosions and Darth Vader, it will be an awesome flick. Dude!

    Even better! Mock Bay could direct the MOTU movie and toss in his own brand of humor! Give the fans a genuine MOTU movie that would blow the 1980s movie out of the water. I can see it now. BattleCat marking his territory by peeing on every minion he defeats, after he dry humps them. Orko can perform the King's favorite disappearing toilet trick.

    deleted

    And in the final climatic battle Skeletor can shout "Eternia will be mine!" and He-Man's clever retort will be "No! You are my *****!" and Orko will chuckle, crap his pants and add "Your boney little *****!" Explosions! Awesome dude! The end.


    I think Michael ******** watched this before making any of the TF movies.
    Okay, first off, I agree with everything you said, even though I never got into TF as a kid until years later with Beast Wars. And 2, did you also watch that Escapist Movie Bob review of Revenge of the Fallen? Cause your rant was pretty close to his rage induced review. He even brings up how MB should stay the hell away from He-Man, your fake synapsis would come pretty close to how I'd imagine it as well, only there'd also be a lot a unapologeticly slimy up-skirt shots of every female character in order to fight back against all the inevitable homophobic slander Bay's typical audience would most likely throw whilst applying all the Axe body spray they can.
    I already shudder to think what he'll do to Ninja Turtles...haven't they suffered enough!?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

    My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

  18. #368
    Heroic Warrior BlueStreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    You didn't need to post the images. I was there. I saw these scenes. I get it. Big robots. Big guns. Big explosions. Go boom! Awesome!

    Transformers was always more than that. Be it G1, RID, Beastwars, whatever. Michael Boil took iconic characters and turned them into a stew of nasty little brats, floppy stupid gremlins and in his attempt to humanize them, gave them the worst of human traits, creating horrid designs and terrible, forgettable characters.

    I could go on, pulling out quotes from these wretched films that further prove my point, but the film does that on its own. I'd rather watch a Jar Jar Binks movie, at least I know he is supposed to be that way.

    Maybe Michael Bilge can team up with George Lucas and give us SW fans what we really want! Then Jar Jar can really shine. Pee on some lightsabres. Puke on some Ewoks and lick it off, and hump them, and finish by saving planet Dun'Nark from the giant Pluur'Doks and their basketball sized testicles, all while getting blasted Aldarian Gunja Leef! Freakin' awesome dude! Whoa! Explosions! Because you know, as long as the rest of the movie has some explosions and Darth Vader, it will be an awesome flick. Dude!

    Even better! Mock Bay could direct the MOTU movie and toss in his own brand of humor! Give the fans a genuine MOTU movie that would blow the 1980s movie out of the water. I can see it now. BattleCat marking his territory by peeing on every minion he defeats, after he dry humps them. Orko can perform the King's favorite disappearing toilet trick.

    deleted

    And in the final climatic battle Skeletor can shout "Eternia will be mine!" and He-Man's clever retort will be "No! You are my *****!" and Orko will chuckle, crap his pants and add "Your boney little *****!" Explosions! Awesome dude! The end.

    I think Michael ******** watched this before making any of the TF movies.
    10/10 on your rant! Awesome.

  19. #369
    BAM BABAM Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    4,372
    Friendly reminder, folks: Discuss with cool tempers, don't overdo the ranting.
    Thx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    The bunny.
    Add him to your signature.
    Help him rule the world.

  20. #370
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    You didn't need to post the images. I was there. I saw these scenes. I get it. Big robots. Big guns. Big explosions. Go boom! Awesome!

    Transformers was always more than that. Be it G1, RID, Beastwars, whatever. Michael Boil took iconic characters and turned them into a stew of nasty little brats, floppy stupid gremlins and in his attempt to humanize them, gave them the worst of human traits, creating horrid designs and terrible, forgettable characters.

    I could go on, pulling out quotes from these wretched films that further prove my point, but the film does that on its own. I'd rather watch a Jar Jar Binks movie, at least I know he is supposed to be that way.

    Maybe Michael Bilge can team up with George Lucas and give us SW fans what we really want! Then Jar Jar can really shine. Pee on some lightsabres. Puke on some Ewoks and lick it off, and hump them, and finish by saving planet Dun'Nark from the giant Pluur'Doks and their basketball sized testicles, all while getting blasted Aldarian Gunja Leef! Freakin' awesome dude! Whoa! Explosions! Because you know, as long as the rest of the movie has some explosions and Darth Vader, it will be an awesome flick. Dude!

    Even better! Mock Bay could direct the MOTU movie and toss in his own brand of humor! Give the fans a genuine MOTU movie that would blow the 1980s movie out of the water. I can see it now. BattleCat marking his territory by peeing on every minion he defeats, after he dry humps them. Orko can perform the King's favorite disappearing toilet trick.

    deleted

    And in the final climatic battle Skeletor can shout "Eternia will be mine!" and He-Man's clever retort will be "No! You are my *****!" and Orko will chuckle, crap his pants and add "Your boney little *****!" Explosions! Awesome dude! The end.

    I think Michael ******** watched this before making any of the TF movies.
    I don't think you do get it. People who liked the Transformers movies don't care about the toilet humor.

    Transformers was always about big warring robots fighting when you boil it down. Bayformers was not an attempt at an adaption of a literary masterpiece, it was designed to be a fun time at the movies, while you scarf down popcorn and soda.

    People had fun at the movies in 2007. They came back for seconds and thirds, otherwise, it would have died in 2007.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  21. #371
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,737

    The Future Of The Franchise

    Just talking about Bay’s style and the future. Even though I actually quite like some of things he has bought to the table over the course of the three films, I really hope we get another director and creative vision for a sequel/reboot. I must admit, although it wouldn’t be the end of the world, I do hope Bay doesn’t return to the director’s chair. Reason being there’s pretty much only one thing he can do. He does it well, but he doesn’t know how to do anything else. Plus, I want Bad Boys 3 already!

    As I said before a TF4 needn’t be a complete reboot. As Don Murphy said, it can be the start of a brand new trilogy. Get a new director and production team, base the film a few years later, get a new cast of both humans and robots (although retain the most famous ones, obviously), acknowledge that events depicted in one to three happened and then quickly move off in another direction. There’s no reason then why it can’t be both a sequel and a reboot.

    I think that would be the best way to go, IMO.

  22. #372
    Heroic Warrior MMANOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    319
    I am soo surprised this topic hasn't been closed down. Just because Skybreaker has over 8,000 posts doesn't give him the right to call people stupid for enjoying the entertainment value of these movies. Why is this allowed? I enjoyed these movies for what they were, entertainment. Does that make me stupid? No, that just means I take movies for what they are meant to do. If I don't like a movie, I move on and don't let it ruin my life. And I sure as HELL don't call people names or demean anyone who disagree. Crazy concept, I know.
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

    You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

    If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

  23. #373
    YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland.
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    You should have just stopped reading then.

    Adapted as needed? Yeah, to fit an audience of stupid, and to bloat Michael Blimps pockets with money. There, see that. Oops I did it again! I played with your heart. Got lost in the game, ooh baby baby. Explosion!

    No the source material wasn't Tolkien, or Rowling, or Meyer or any other household name writers you could dig up on the fly whose books have been transformed into successful film franchaises.

    The new TF movies are in not even a pale reflection of the original canons, even if all you see is a 20 minute toy commercial. I know what the source material was, and it was Shakespear compared to the filth we got. I didn't expect a life changing event. I just expected something that wasn't fished out of Michael Blowhards rectum. Explosion!

    As far as killing off main characters which you consider to be a resounding failures to sell more toys... they are robots, and cartoons, and fiction, it works just fine.

    PS: I loathe Britney Spears.
    You do realize that any validity of your complaints is completely overshadowed by the buffoonish tone/antics of your posts, right?

    Nobody is calling it Shakespeare. These weren't Nolan movies. And the filmmakers heard the complaints about the excessive off-color humor in the 2nd movie. No dogs humping, no twins, and Wheelie was actually decent in the third movie.

    If you are so enraged about a movie, I would recommend locking yourself in a room with the Beast Wars DVD and an antidepressant and staying away from the internet and the other millions of people that enjoyed this "piece of garbage" to the tune of over 700 million dollars in worldwide revenue.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMANOR View Post
    I am soo surprised this topic hasn't been closed down. Just because Skybreaker has over 8,000 posts doesn't give him the right to call people stupid for enjoying the entertainment value of these movies. Why is this allowed? I enjoyed these movies for what they were, entertainment. Does that make me stupid? No, that just means I take movies for what they are meant to do. If I don't like a movie, I move on and don't let it ruin my life. And I sure as HELL don't call people names or demean anyone who disagree. Crazy concept, I know.
    Agreed. I've had entire posts deleted for far less than the vitriol this guy is spweing, especially considering the fact that plenty of people in this very thread said they enjoyed the movie. I wish I had enough posts to call a dozen fellow posters 'stupid' for liking a bug-budget popcorn flick.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.


    Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  24. #374
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,037
    Quote Originally Posted by MMANOR View Post
    I am soo surprised this topic hasn't been closed down. Just because Skybreaker has over 8,000 posts doesn't give him the right to call people stupid for enjoying the entertainment value of these movies. Why is this allowed? I enjoyed these movies for what they were, entertainment. Does that make me stupid? No, that just means I take movies for what they are meant to do. If I don't like a movie, I move on and don't let it ruin my life. And I sure as HELL don't call people names or demean anyone who disagree. Crazy concept, I know.
    I think this thread still has a purpose: to discuss the Bayformers movies, DOTM in particular.

    Ironically, while professing to dislike how terrible the Bay flicks are, Skybreaker doesn't help his own argument by the tone of his posts.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  25. #375
    Evil Master of Warcraft
    GeologyMule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Knoxvegas, TN
    Posts
    5,711
    Keep in mind that personal attacks and name calling toward forum members is not cool. Generally calling an audience "stupid" doesn't reflect a personal or individual attack. Therefore the comment stayed. If you like the tone of his thread or not no rules were broken. Some may be on the fence, and I did edit and delete some things that were originally in it.

    Please keep the discussion civil.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

    Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •