Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Wasn't Shockwave the Decepticon leader in the Marvel comic for a while? I kinda remember something like that, but it has been forever since I read any of those.
    Yep, he took command in issue #5, and stayed in charge of the Earth based Decepticons for the majority of the comics run. Megatron's time as leader was surprisingly limited in the Marvel comics series.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Shockwave's command started in issue #5 and cedes command to Megatron again in issue #19. His leadership of the 'Cons lasts until issue #25, when depressed about the fact that Prime died in #24 and he didn't do the killing himself. He 'apparently' kills himself by blowing up the Space Bridge. Megatron doesn't officially command anything after this, even when he reappears on Cybertron at the end of #56.

Leadership of the 'Cons after his disappearance in #25 seems to jump from Shockwave, Ratbat, Scorponok, and finally Bludgeon by the end of the series.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 13, 2010 at 05:32pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I thought I remembered Shockwave having a bigger role in the comic. Thanks for the info! I didn't buy many of those comics, on account of them being so radically different from the cartoon.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

***Spoilers*** New Toy Revealed ***Spoilers***

That mucked up looking tanker truck that was spotted on the set has got a toy, and here are the pictures. It's none other than............

***SPOILERS - DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED***

It's Megatron:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...7&l=be49f27a20

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/megatron-toy-2.jpg

Seems he's ashamed of his appearance. Looks pretty good. Love the cape and hood to hide his face. It looks like the skinny arms have gone, too. Can only wonder what the final CGI model will look like.

This does not bode well... ashamed of his appearance??? It's not like he can't repair himself...

Ugh.

I don’t think its going to be that he’s ashamed of his appearance. Maybe it will be like a reveal thing? Throughout the film he’ll have the hood on, then he’ll reveal himself to the characters at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I don’t think its going to be that he’s ashamed of his appearance. Maybe it will be like a reveal thing? Throughout the film he’ll have the hood on, then he’ll reveal himself to the characters at the end.
    So lemme see if I follow you. A robot with the ability to transform itself - into several varieties no less, hides his appearance with.... a cloak.

It wouldn't surprise me given the travesty of TF2, but there's gotta be a better way.

Since he's a truck similar to Optimus, Maybe Megs is completely insane and is driven to become Nemesis Prime. This is why Shockwave needs to assume Decepticon leadership.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    That mucked up looking tanker truck that was spotted on the set has got a toy, and here are the pictures. It's none other than............

That's interesting; it looks like... {SPOILER ALERT -- highlight to read}

After two live action movies Megatron just might finally get his signature fusion cannon; Megatron should never have been without it.

Pictures Of Shockwave Toy ***Spoiler***

I suppose this can be considered a spoiler, but I think it’s safe to say we all know he's in the film. The figure itself actually looks quite good, although it doesn't appear to be of a larger class. They’ll probably make a bigger one down the road. The colours are spot on and I like the torso and head. It actually looks like Shockwave.

These may get taken down, so enjoy whilst you can: http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-575401.html

Yep - that's Shockwave. I like the design.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Not sure what the hell his alternate form is supposed to be but robot mode looks good. Like Optimus it's clearly recognizable as the the character.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I like it - it's definitely Shockwave, and a fairly faithful adaptation of the G1 look into the movie design style.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I suppose this can be considered a spoiler, but I think it’s safe to say we all know he's in the film. The figure itself actually looks quite good, although it doesn't appear to be of a larger class. They’ll probably make a bigger one down the road. The colours are spot on and I like the torso and head. It actually looks like Shockwave.

These may get taken down, so enjoy whilst you can: http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-575401.html
    The hole on Shockwaves behind makes me think there will be a comical scene of him pooping.
    Also, that battle mask of his looks retractable so it seems he'll have a mouth in the movie.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    The hole on Shockwaves behind makes me think there will be a comical scene of him pooping.
    I will personally go and maim Michael Bay if he does something that ridiculous again. LOL Especially with Shockwave
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 27, 2011 at 01:54pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I kinda like Baywave.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Taking another look, I do have two crits.

I don't care for the cable that connects from his back to his arm cannon. If Optimus Prime were to break out his sword, he could slice the cable and disable the cannon. Shockwave is a master strategist. He'd never leave himself so vulnerable.

Second - Shockwave doesn't need two hands.

BUMP for Super Bowl Spot

Well that looked impressive. I actually thought it was a Battle for Los Angeles trailer until I saw Shia Laboeuf.

Optimus Prime looked like he still had some of Jetfire's parts and it appears the Decepticons were going for a full out invasion of Earth.

Watch the spot on the official website: http://www.transformersmovie.com/
    Last edited by BlueStreak; February 6, 2011 at 08:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Optimus Prime looked like he still had some of Jetfire's parts and it appears the Decepticons were going for a full out invasion of Earth.

Watch the spot on the official website: http://www.transformersmovie.com/
    That last part I must confess that look pretty awesome, although I do disdain previous Bayformers movies
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Liked the complete attack on Earth by the Decepticons but still bitter Megan Fox is gone, I do not like her replacement at all.

Hopefully this one is better than #2, #1 was great but you could not really see anything during the fights and #2 you could see everything but the story stunk.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Frickin' space sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Prime can combine with his trailer. The original writers of the movies, Orci and Kurtzmann were against a trailer, thinking that Prime wouldn't want to be more powered up than his own men.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Looked good! I think that may have been Laserbeak at one point. While I still find it hard to identify who's who, I'm glad to see the trailer focused on the robots, not the humans.

I'm actually starting to look forward to this a bit....with reservations.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Prime can combine with his trailer. The original writers of the movies, Orci and Kurtzmann were against a trailer, thinking that Prime wouldn't want to be more powered up than his own men.
    Really? That's a pretty silly reason to exclude it, since Prime is already the biggest and most powerful Autobot.

Could those ships be the Quintessons?

And perhaps megatron is hiding his new Galvatron look.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Those men are writing Transformers just by reading toy bios or just by the look of them. Except for Optimus and maybe Ironhide by tidbits in Transformers, none of Autobots/Decepticons characters has been well developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Could those ships be the Quintessons?

And perhaps megatron is hiding his new Galvatron look.
    I wish!
    Alas, Shockwave could be the herald of Unicron; but again, Orci & Kurtzmann are writing Transformers' stories that respect nothing from the main canons. Their worst incarnation in years: Transformers Prime

BTW, does anyone know if there are custom versions of Transformers movie designs with G1 colors? I mean red Iron Hide, blue-white-red Strascream, white-rally adds Jazz?
    Last edited by Rhanen; February 7, 2011 at 12:29pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Looks Great

The spot was very fast. Felt more like ten seconds than thirty-six. I love the sounds that are playing throughout the spot. Almost like a doomsday siren. Earth seems to be in real trouble. Looks like Shockwave means business. I definitely saw Lazorbeak, as well, which confirms that Soundwave is finally coming to Earth. Prime at the end looked good. I prefer this look to his “Jet-mode” at the end of the last film. That one made him look fat, this new one looks leaner. Still, went by so fast, I couldn’t really take it all in.

Can’t wait for the proper teaser trailer next month. I’m betting that all the footage from the TV spot is taken from the teaser trailer.