Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    BTW, does anyone know if there are custom versions of Transformers movie designs with G1 colors? I mean red Iron Hide, blue-white-red Strascream, white-rally adds Jazz?
    To my knowledge, there's never been a fully-red Ironhide, but I think there was one with red highlights at some point.

There was a G1 Classic-Color repaint of Jazz that was a Target exclusive from the first movie, and they also did a G1-inspired Starscream, in classic colors with a modified head, for the first movie as well, but I forget if that was a store exclusive or generally available. It was also repainted and released as Thundercracker and Skywarp as well, I believe.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

CGI Render Of Shockwave ***Spoiler***

I suppose this could be classed as a spoiler. This is the first proper CGI render of Shockwave. I think it's from a poster for the computer game. I like the design, although there doesn't seem to be much purple. Saying that, it is a dark image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CHxYjFyzk8...eShockave2.jpg

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I don't think I'm liking Shockwave's design much.

The War for Cybertron game had a far better design for him

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I suppose this could be classed as a spoiler. This is the first proper CGI render of Shockwave. I think it's from a poster for the computer game. I like the design, although there doesn't seem to be much purple. Saying that, it is a dark image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CHxYjFyzk8...eShockave2.jpg
    meh. I dislike the movie designs, always have, esp the decepticons though. no need to rehash what I hate about them as I've said it over and again, but you always hope you'll see something you like.

thanks for posting that though
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post

I haven't played it yet, but based on what I've seen of it, I wish they had used The War For Cybertron as the basis for either the new cartoon or the IDW comic continuity. I'd also love to see that in live action movie form but it would be way too expensive to have a movie with nothing but robots on another planet.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    To my knowledge, there's never been a fully-red Ironhide, but I think there was one with red highlights at some point.

There was a G1 Classic-Color repaint of Jazz that was a Target exclusive from the first movie, and they also did a G1-inspired Starscream, in classic colors with a modified head, for the first movie as well, but I forget if that was a store exclusive or generally available. It was also repainted and released as Thundercracker and Skywarp as well, I believe.
    You're right. There haven't been any movie-based red Ironhides released. The G1 colored Starscream from the 2007 movie line was also a Target Exclusive like the G1 Jazz. Thundercracker was a re-paint that wasn't exclusive and Skywarp was a Wal-Mart exclusive re-paint (as well as Ramjet).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but based on what I've seen of it, I wish they had used The War For Cybertron as the basis for either the new cartoon or the IDW comic continuity. I'd also love to see that in live action movie form but it would be way too expensive to have a movie with nothing but robots on another planet.
    You totally should get TF: WFC! I love the game to death. I've played through the single-player campaign twice (to get my hard achievement - and Trypticon was a pain-in-the-rear-bumper to defeat.) I still play multiplayer online a lot, even though there aren't that many people on any more.

Yeah, a War for Cybertron based movie would be an impossible dream...
    Last edited by Despondos; February 16, 2011 at 09:15pm.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Starscream - "Why this song?"

Shockwave - "When your hit percentage exceeds mine, you may choose the soundtrack."

Love that line LOL

I just looked through this thread & didn't see either trailer embedded anywhere, so I figured I'd add them here.

Teaser Trailer

The bot at the end is Sentinel Prime.

Super Bowl Spot

Optimus combines with his trailer.

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Thanks for that, Despondos.

Umm, I didn't see any combining with a trailer in any of the Superbowl trailer

Umm, I didn't see any combining with a trailer in any of the Superbowl trailer
    The end of the SuperBowl spot where Prime flies in & starts slicing through Decepticons. No it doesn't show the actual combiner sequence, but I've heard people speculate or complain thinking that he still had the Jetfire parts even though he shrugged them off at the end of ROTF. In DOTM, Prime combines with his trailer just like the Ultimate Optimus Prime figure that's coming out in the DOTM toyline. Sorry for the confusion. I should've worded it as "Optimus is combined with his trailer".

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Wow, those pics really make the trailer look like crap. Typical Michael Bay garbage, the trailer should have simply been a combat deck/repair bay like in the original canon. Bay's motto, 'make it louder, more ridiculous, and pray people are stupid enough to waste money on his pictures.'

Ugh. That's one of the uglier versions of Prime that I've seen. Almost as bad as Megatron disguising himself with a cloak...

Wow, those pics really make the trailer look like crap. Typical Michael Bay garbage, the trailer should have simply been a combat deck/repair bay like in the original canon. Bay's motto, 'make it louder, more ridiculous, and pray people are stupid enough to waste money on his pictures.'
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Ugh. That's one of the uglier versions of Prime that I've seen. Almost as bad as Megatron disguising himself with a cloak...
    I pretty much agree. The toyline for DOTM looks to be the worst of the 3 movie toylines. The figures (voyager & deluxe) are all smaller to make room for the gimmicky 'mech-tech' weapons. This toyline is definitely designed more for kids than collectors. I'll just stick with the Masterpiece series which has the coolest version of Prime & his trailer ever made. With that said, I have hope that this movie will be better than ROTF.

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

This may have already been said a million times before, but I just noticed that the abbreviation for "Revenge Of The Fallen" is the same as "rolling on the floor" minus the "laughing". Coincidence or did someone behind the scenes have a premonition as to what the audience would feel while watching it. Let's hope this movie is better.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    This may have already been said a million times before, but I just noticed that the abbreviation for "Revenge Of The Fallen" is the same as "rolling on the floor" minus the "laughing". Coincidence or did someone behind the scenes have a premonition as to what the audience would feel while watching it. Let's hope this movie is better.
    Probably because most people were just Rolling-on-the-Floor... in agony or disgust. There was no laughing - especially at Leo (who I'm sad to say is supposed to be in DOTM) or the twins (who are also in DOTM).

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

New TV Spot

It's pretty much the same as the Superbowl spot, although there are a few new shots, as well as some dialogue. Most notably there's a pretty cool moment with Starscream, an amazing-looking sequence with Bumblebee driving and a huge Mechtech weapon emerges from his roof and a few shots of the Wreckers. Enjoy:

Heroic Warrior
    I like action, but the human actors and the NO-G1-design are just horrible...

***Spoilers*** Sentinel Prime Image ***Spoilers***

I think Sentinel Prime looks exceptional. It’s funny how ILM haven’t won an Academy Award for Transformers yet. Maybe DOTM will finally give them what should have been there’s about four years ago. Also, Optimus Prime has got a somewhat different look, particularly his chest area: http://static3.aintitcool.com/assets...recovernew.jpg

More Spoilers

Also, here are some new plot details from the new Empire magazine. It really sounds like that not only has Bay listened to a lot of the criticisms aimed at ROTF, but that DOTM will also be more robot-centric:

1. No sand
    2. No "dorky" humor ("we wanted to make the movie much more serious, more adult")
    3. When robots die, they're really going to die and we're gonna show that
    4. We're not bringing people back
    5. Give the robots more 'weight' in the story ("They were missed in movie two. We've given them a strong back-story and pathos")

Sentinel Prime is "A big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime"

New companions for Starscream, Shockwave and the rest

"The scale on one of them is jawdropping" - "It will be 'what the Hell was that thing?"

Apollo 11 'incident' show in the teaser is government secret

No army for this, Chicago is left up to the 'Bots but some heroes sneak in through the back-door so to speak

The human gliders are used because they slip under the 'Con radar - as do humans - so they'll be the people who can hammer it to the 'Cons and create an opening for the 'Bots

Last edited by SCB; March 1, 2011 at 05:53pm.

Is there an echo in here?

JOIN THE GROUP...

I- "It will be 'what the Hell was that thing?"
    That's my general thought when ever I see a decepticon on screen, but not in a good way.

Someone said it on another board regarding prime and the trailer wings, "I AM THE MONARCH!"

but I hope this one is good, the first was fun but terrible as a movie IMO, the second was just painful, not fun at all absolutely no redeeming value for me. I hope the third has the robots as characters, not just set pieces and effects. it's such a let down that the bts don't intereact much with one another. very expensive background actors.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I’ve just been one-upped.

On another note, the more I see it, the more I'm falling in love with Sentinel Prime's design. It's clear that he's going to be a force to be reckoned with, quite the veteran. Still, that design just screams Alpha Trion.

Still, that design just screams Alpha Trion.
    Yes, it does, especially when you see it in the Official Prequel comic.

On another note, the more I see it, the more I'm falling in love with Sentinel Prime's design. It's clear that he's going to be a force to be reckoned with, quite the veteran. Still, that design just screams Alpha Trion.
    For the record I can tolerate and even kind of like Prime Bumblebee and now Sentinel's design, still very busy for my tastes but more distinguishable than the others esp decepticons.

Fear is faith in failure