Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I don't know if I should be pleased or concerned.

Leonard Nimoy Back for More 'Transformers'

The former Mr. Spock joins the cast of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon"

WENN

"Star Trek" legend Leonard Nimoy has been cast in the new "Transformers" movie. He'll provide a voice for robot warrior Sentinel Prime in the sequel "Transformers: Dark of the Moon."

Sentinel Prime, the predecessor of Optimus Prime, is found crash-landed on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts in 1969. After being brought to earth, he takes the disguise form of a fire engine and takes part in the film's climactic battle scenes, according to EW.com.

Nimoy, who is related to director Michael Bay through marriage, is no stranger to the "Transformers" franchise -- his was the voice of Galvatron in 1986's "The Transformers: The Movie."

Bay admits he wanted Nimoy, who turned 80 last weekend, for the last "Transformers" film, "Revenge of the Fallen," but feared he couldn't pay him enough.

He tells the publication, "I was too scared to ask him. Plus, he's married to Susan Bay, who's a cousin of mine. So I had to be careful. I've met him at family functions. But he told me, 'I would be honoured. I'm glad to be back.'"
    http://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...4&affid=100055
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Why be concerned? Sentinel Prime is being hyped up to be quite a major character, and they’ve got a great actor to provide his voice. This is good news, IMO. I hope Shockwave gets an equally distinguished actor to provide his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Why be concerned? Sentinel Prime is being hyped up to be quite a major character, and they’ve got a great actor to provide his voice. This is good news, IMO. I hope Shockwave gets an equally distinguished actor to provide his voice.
    I'm pleased with the choice of actor, however, we are talking about Bay's pathetic handling of the characters. As for Shockwave, everything I've read seems to be pointing to David Warner, upon who Corey Burton based his Shockwave voice on in the original G1 series.

Bay promises this will be far better than the last one, but it's Bay, so I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Bay promises this will be far better than the last one, but it's Bay, so I won't hold my breath.
    I hope this is the last one and then we get a reboot. I know people are getting sick of every movie franchise being rebooted every few years, but this is a Hasbro franchise. They reboot TF & G.I. Joe every other year.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

New Poster

Fantastic . I like the look of those Decepticon ships. Prime looks great.

Be warned, it's a pretty big image:

Fantastic . I like the look of those Decepticon ships. Prime looks great.

Be warned, it's a pretty big image:

http://downloads.comingsoon.net/tf3july1.jpg
    Space fishes of DOOOoooom!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Space fishes of DOOOoooom!

No, by Primus, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sure they are Decepticon ships? Could be Quintessons.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

The tentacles things hanging down from the bottom of those ships makes me think Quintessons too.

What's that space fishes comment from? Is that a reference to something?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    The tentacles things hanging down from the bottom of those ships makes me think Quintessons too.

What's that space fishes comment from? Is that a reference to something?
    Probably because they kind of look like fish..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I feel the same, though time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'm pleased with the choice of actor, however, we are talking about Bay's pathetic handling of the characters.

One word: Jetfire.

I hope it's not the case with Shockwave...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I hope this is the last one and then we get a reboot. I know people are getting sick of every movie franchise being rebooted every few years, but this is a Hasbro franchise. They reboot TF & G.I. Joe every other year.
    I just wonder how they'd go about rebooting it?

If they do, i hope they don't have Bionicles posing as Transformers. Maybe i'll just have to stick to my G1 DVD's then?

What’s happened to my image? That’s the second time that’s happened to me on this website. Now I just look like a rambling idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Probably because they kind of look like fish..
    Well, yeah. I didn't know if it was a reference to something or not. But my 10 month old son cracks up laughing hysterically when I say "space fishes of dooooom" - so it's all good.

New Trailer. Nuff Said. Watch. Epic.

Wow. wow. wow.

This looks really good. Should be called Transformers 3: The Apology for ROTF...

I'm not counting the chickens before they hatch. I don't wanna make the same mistake like i did with ROTF so i'll wait till i see it. Seems interesting enough though...

The trailer looks good. Knowing Bay, that's probably the only bit of footage sans some kind of unnecessary potty humor.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

So, does this mean we're getting Transmorphers 3, too?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    I admit, the trailer looks good. But I've been burned twice already by Bay's Transformer's series. I will not waste my time or money seeing this in a theater.

And if there is a future reboot, I seriously hope they abandon the scrap metal look for the Transformers' robot modes. I hate that crap.

Wow. wow. wow.

This looks really good. Should be called Transformers 3: The Apology for ROTF...
    Should be called "Transformers 3: Won't be any different than ROTF".

Wow. wow. wow.

Wait till you see the movie before uttering those words
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

as always the action looks great in clip form, but when I saw ROTF the action that looked good in the trailers didn't feel all that special in the movie. it felt very 'fake' like the whole fight in the forest scene should have been "WOW!" to me, but in the theatre it just felt really 'rehearsed' there wasn't a good gravity to it. Despite all the problems with The Phantom Menace, that fight scene with Maul Obi Wan and Quigonn still holds up. it was awesome and it feels like a lot is at stake. the forest fight in ROTF feels like a little kid playing with his toys in a way. not enough at stake even though prime "dies"
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 29, 2011 at 04:50pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I admit the trailer looks great; I've seen great trailers and been burned before, though, so I'm not holding my breath. But I will see this on the hope that it's better than the last one.

Spoiler - I guess: The scene in the new trailer where Bumblebee transforms, tears around a corner and catches Sam....is that Starscream getting toasted on the roof there?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Spoiler - I guess: The scene in the new trailer where Bumblebee transforms, tears around a corner and catches Sam....is that Starscream getting toasted on the roof there?
    I didn't want to post that myself, as it's a pretty big potential spoiler, but seeing as you have I'll talk about it. I think you're right. It definitely looks like Starscream. I hope it's not him, but it really looks like him.

As for the trailer itself, if they could give awards for the best trailer, that would win hands down. It really is an amazing trailer, especially the music. I loved all the outer space footage, and if you look closely you can tell that that quick shot with Shockwave has him riding that giant metallic worm-looking creature, Kind Arthur style. Quite liked that. You can tell that a lot is still being held back, though, as we saw no Megatron, Soundwave, the Ferrari bot, Sentinel Prime, or any of the Wreckers. There’s still a lot that’s being held off.

I think the restraints that 3D presents to how you shoot a film may have made all the difference to Bay’s style. There was not a single shot in that trailer that looked shaky or too close up or mish-mashy. Bay has maintained that shooting in 3D has forced him to adopt a new style. This trailer offers us our first glimpse at the results.

In case anyone didn’t know there’s a different trailer coming out next month, one specially made to show in 3D. I think it’s coming out with Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

Ok, ok, I'll try to curb my excitement. I just hope its better than TF2.

What is that big worm thing? And am I seeing a space bridge?