Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread. - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bayformers is faithful if you're looking at the principal ideas from the entire mythos. From Sunbow G1, Marvel G1, Dreamwave G1, IDW G1, Beast Wars/Machines, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated and Prime, it's the exact same plot. Optimus and Megatron bring their forces to Earth and fight over something. The difference s are that specific details always change from era to era.

I think you're right that I'm a Transformers fan in general. Because I'm used to their many, many canons and not just G1, I would see it differently. As far as I'm concerned it's yet another one of the 14 Transformers canons out there, just like G.I. Joe and MOTU's movies were additional canons to their overall mythos.
    When a franchise makes drastic changes with every interpretation, it is less a mythos and more of just a reused title. Other than having a hero & villain with names Prime & Megetron, there is really no difference between the various Transformers eras & Gobots. I'm not even that big a G1 fan so it has nothing to do with my unwillingness to change. You just get to the point where you have to be in love with the title Transformers or the simple concept of giant robots instead of the characters.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    When a franchise makes drastic changes with every interpretation, it is less a mythos and more of just a reused title. Other than having a hero & villain with names Prime & Megetron, there is really no difference between the various Transformers eras & Gobots. I'm not even that big a G1 fan so it has nothing to do with my unwillingness to change. You just get to the point where you have to be in love with the title Transformers or the simple concept of giant robots instead of the characters.
    Good point, that's my problem with Transformers, it has a run then reboots over and over again. I mean it's working for hasbro but it's so tiring. rehash the same story tell it again with a variation here and there. I'm surprised (and not) that it keeps such a big following. For me, the property will never be epic for these reasons and because I can't equate epic to sentient robot main characters, I can't relate to their struggle, even if it has human overtones. a robot 'dying' or losing limbs doesn't seem all that dramatic, but then again, Wall-E is one of my favourite flicks...

But again, the main point is the constnt rebooting and retelling of the same old story, it's tiresome. that's why the Powers of Grayskull line captured my imagination as a kid, it was potentially such an amazing expansion to the story and the line. for transformers, I was fascinated by the events after the animated movie, but felt they rushed into it way too fast and unexplained. (all of a sudden everyone is made of paper and so fragile) and I never could connect with rodimus, I liked hot rod so much more, and think ultra magnus should have been leader. I feel personall that they were on a nice path but they just miscalculated how to take it. Prime shouldn't have died, he should have been reformatted as Ultra Magnus as Megatron was upgraded to galvatron. that would have made more sense and more than likely have kept the audience.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

All that came out of your mouth?? Well said scholar. Three cheers for the one they call Mr. Shokoti, Hip Hip Horray.....
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New interpretations of Transformers add elements to the overall mythos which get used in future iterations. i.e., sparks from Beast Wars or Bumblebee being a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Good point, that's my problem with Transformers, it has a run then reboots over and over again. I mean it's working for hasbro but it's so tiring. rehash the same story tell it again with a variation here and there. I'm surprised (and not) that it keeps such a big following. For me, the property will never be epic for these reasons and because I can't equate epic to sentient robot main characters, I can't relate to their struggle, even if it has human overtones. a robot 'dying' or losing limbs doesn't seem all that dramatic, but then again, Wall-E is one of my favourite flicks...

But again, the main point is the constnt rebooting and retelling of the same old story, it's tiresome. that's why the Powers of Grayskull line captured my imagination as a kid, it was potentially such an amazing expansion to the story and the line. for transformers, I was fascinated by the events after the animated movie, but felt they rushed into it way too fast and unexplained. (all of a sudden everyone is made of paper and so fragile) and I never could connect with rodimus, I liked hot rod so much more, and think ultra magnus should have been leader. I feel personall that they were on a nice path but they just miscalculated how to take it. Prime shouldn't have died, he should have been reformatted as Ultra Magnus as Megatron was upgraded to galvatron. that would have made more sense and more than likely have kept the audience.
    The reboots aren't for the original fans (although original fans can enjoy them). They are for new fans. Transformers never gets old because of the constant refreshes.

The problem with keeping the same mythos out there as a toyline is that like all fads, it eventually dies. The creators run out of ideas, fans lose interest, etc. As great as they were, Vintage MOTU eventually lost steam and died. So did RAH and G1. That's why you have to have a mass market version for the casuals and kids (who grow up out of the franchise in a few years) as well as keeping the old original version for the die hard fans.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

New interpretations of Transformers add elements to the overall mythos which get used in future iterations. i.e., sparks from Beast Wars or Bumblebee being a warrior.

The reboots aren't for the original fans (although original fans can enjoy them). They are for new fans. Transformers never gets old because of the constant refreshes.

The problem with keeping the same mythos out there as a toyline is that like all fads, it eventually dies. The creators run out of ideas, fans lose interest, etc. As great as they were, Vintage MOTU eventually lost steam and died. So did RAH and G1. That's why you have to have a mass market version for the casuals and kids (who grow up out of the franchise in a few years) as well as keeping the old original version for the die hard fans.
    But it DOES get old because the story is always the SAME just with a few added or subtracted elements, the mythos BARELY change from the previous incarnation. Again G1 took a bold step with the movie, but they rushed it and just killed everyone not realizing that by doing so they killed the franchise at the time. the movie does feel like "The End" if they tweaked it as I mentioned it would have been new story but likely kept the audience and gained a new one too. Same with MOTU, instead of abandoning the show if they did what Larry D said was planned it would have refreshed it and possibly kept it going. Adding depth to the mythos rather than rebooting time and again is the more creative and more difficult approach, taking the story in a different direction from the same universe can easily bring in new audiences and its a great way to make the story epic and rich.

Nothing wrong with trying to get new fans and again as I said it's working for hasbro the way it is, but it is so tiring that the story never expands past 3 seasons before it starts again with the same story over again. it gets very old. but again it works for hasbro. doesn't work for me on a personal level.

anyway not sure i'll see this movie in the theatres, I just don't care about the "characters". I use quotes because in these movies most of the bots have so little personality and development, and I loathe most of the humans.
    Last edited by krosfyah; June 29, 2011 at 01:45pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

But it DOES get old because the story is always the SAME just with a few added or subtracted elements, the mythos BARELY change from the previous incarnation. Again G1 took a bold step with the movie, but they rushed it and just killed everyone not realizing that by doing so they killed the franchise at the time. the movie does feel like "The End" if they tweaked it as I mentioned it would have been new story but likely kept the audience and gained a new one too. Same with MOTU, instead of abandoning the show if they did what Larry D said was planned it would have refreshed it and possibly kept it going. Adding depth to the mythos rather than rebooting time and again is the more creative and more difficult approach, taking the story in a different direction from the same universe can easily bring in new audiences and its a great way to make the story epic and rich.

Nothing wrong with trying to get new fans and again as I said it's working for hasbro the way it is, but it is so tiring that the story never expands past 3 seasons before it starts again with the same story over again. it gets very old. but again it works for hasbro. doesn't work for me on a personal level.
    That's because starting over with a new coat of paint isn't for the hardcore fans, who have been there done that before. That is for new fans, which keep the franchise alive. The hardcore TF fan have the Transformers Classics/Universe/Generations toys and the IDW comics; they don't need to get involved with Transformers: Prime or Bayformers.

Doing something different within the same universe rarely does much. Beast Machines, TMNT Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers and New Adventures extended their original franchises, but never evolved into a hit on their own.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    All I can say is that the Peter David's novelization of the film was leaps and bounds better than the actual movie. Especially the ending, which was completely different.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

That's because starting over with a new coat of paint isn't for the hardcore fans, who have been there done that before. That is for new fans, which keep the franchise alive. The hardcore TF fan have the Transformers Classics/Universe/Generations toys and the IDW comics; they don't need to get involved with Transformers: Prime or Bayformers.

Doing something different within the same universe rarely does much. Beast Machines, TMNT Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers and New Adventures extended their original franchises, but never evolved into a hit on their own.
    New adventures was not an extension of the original, it was a reboot. they abandoned EVERYTHING MOTU with that one.

Fast forward was an attempt that fell flat as did beast machines, but in the case of BM as I understand it, it just wasn't done very well. (I didn't watch) that's why I said it's the harder road to take but when done right it makes the property richer. it's so much easier to slap on a new coat of paint, because the die hard fanatics will buy anything with a logo and if it fails they just do it again. Beast wars is a good example of expanding the G1 universe as they tied it in nicely and I think that coupled with the great writing made it a success, where as beast machines just took everything in a very weird direction.

doing something different in the same universe as I said is the harder road to take, as it demands more of the writers, rebooting time and again is the easy road as the main work is on the artists redesigning the toys to make them appealing.

but this is more of a general discussion of the franchise not a discussion on the movie, I'm sorry to have taken it away.

I hear a lot of praise and complaints regarding Optimus Prime and his fight scenes. I'm not sure I like whatI hear as its very un-Prime to me.

Fear is faith in failure

New adventures was not an extension of the original, it was a reboot. they abandoned EVERYTHING MOTU with that one.
    A reboot was 200X. New Adventures was a sequel to the original MOTU and ended the vintage storyline. The NA mini-comics did the transition better than the NA cartoon did.

Fast forward was an attempt that fell flat as did beast machines, but in the case of BM as I understand it, it just wasn't done very well. (I didn't watch) that's why I said it's the harder road to take but when done right it makes the property richer. it's so much easier to slap on a new coat of paint, because the die hard fanatics will buy anything with a logo and if it fails they just do it again. Beast wars is a good example of expanding the G1 universe as they tied it in nicely and I think that coupled with the great writing made it a success, where as beast machines just took everything in a very weird direction.

doing something different in the same universe as I said is the harder road to take, as it demands more of the writers, rebooting time and again is the easy road as the main work is on the artists redesigning the toys to make them appealing.
    Die Hard fans don't keep the sales up when buying new incarnations. Those are mostly the new fans. Toyline audiences that are not hardcore fans are a very fickle bunch. After a few years, they outgrow the toyline and go onto new hobbies.

but this is more of a general discussion of the franchise not a discussion on the movie, I'm sorry to have taken it away.

I hear a lot of praise and complaints regarding Optimus Prime and his fight scenes. I'm not sure I like whatI hear as its very un-Prime to me.
    Bay Prime isn't G1 Prime. Movieverse characters don't take prisoners.

NA was anything but a reboot, a reboot would have been Adam finding out he was He-Man and learning of Greyskull. It was a sequel and like Max said and extension of the Filmation series. Just because fans did not agree with what happened or where the story went does not allow it to fit in the reboot definition. Randor and Marlena in the beginning, Teela and Sorceress showing up later, all fit sequel.

Another example of what NA did was DIC GI Joe, it continued after the Sunbow storyline. Fans did not like where the story went but everything about it was a continuation.

GI Joe Renegades and GI Joe Resolute are reboots

Transformers Animated is a reboot

MYP 200x fits 110% in the definition of a reboot
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    NA was anything but a reboot, a reboot would have been Adam finding out he was He-Man and learning of Greyskull. It was a sequel and like Max said and extension of the Filmation series. Just because fans did not agree with what happened or where the story went does not allow it to fit in the reboot definition. Randor and Marlena in the beginning, Teela and Sorceress showing up later, all fit sequel.

Another example of what NA did was DIC GI Joe, it continued after the Sunbow storyline. Fans did not like where the story went but everything about it was a continuation.

GI Joe Renegades and GI Joe Resolute are reboots

Transformers Animated is a reboot

MYP 200x fits 110% in the definition of a reboot
    I get what you guys are saying but taking such drastic character changes in personality and design does not a sequel make. it's like if in Empire strikes back Luke skywalker was chinese Darth Vader was yellow and the whole story takes place on modern day earth. it's redoing and reimagining the entire series. a sequel would have much more of a tie to the original than characters names. Reboot may be the wrong term, but NA wasn't a continuation of the story. Powers of Grayskull would have been a sequel, NA was a complete reimagining. MYP is a reboot I'll agree, but NA its just a different beast, like a McChicken isn't a continuation of the quarter pounder.

There's so little to recognize in NA, it's a totally different story and dynamic to MOTU, it failed not because it attempted to continue the MOTU story, but because it completely abandoned it. call it what you will but it's way to drastic to fit in with the other examples. PoP continued the story, NA was completely new save for He-Man and Skeletor having a conflict, though to Jack's credit he wanted to tie it in more with Eternia and MOTU. I will concede that in a very BASIC way they said oh we're going on a different journey, but again, in comparisson to TMNT and such it's not REALLY much in the way of a sequel. Ben 10 on the other hand does this expansion thing EXTREMELY well.

so anyway anyone else see the movie? how do you feel about laserbeak's diversity? I haven't seen it executed but it reminds me of a problem I have with the Bayformers mythos, that they can at anytime scan and take on whatever alt form they want, if thats the case why not take on the form of a jet when you need to fly, or another vehicle when you want to disguise yourself from the enemies who KNOW your current alt form.
    Last edited by krosfyah; June 29, 2011 at 03:06pm.

Fear is faith in failure

Reboot may be the wrong term, but NA wasn't a continuation of the story. Powers of Grayskull would have been a sequel, NA was a complete reimagining. MYP is a reboot I'll agree, but NA its just a different beast, like a McChicken isn't a sequel to the quarter pounder.
    Reimagining I could tolerate, kind of like a What-If and an alternate universe also

You were just dead wrong on the term reboot
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Reimagining I could tolerate, kind of like a What-If and an alternate universe also

You were just dead wrong on the term reboot
    Yeah, I'll concede defeat there.

I've been reading feedback on some TF forums, MAN those guys fight like crazy!! Can't get a good reading of how the movie REALLY is minus the rose coloured or poo coloured glasses. seems there are those who will love it JUST because its' transformers, those that hate it because it's bay and those who were mildly amused for what it's worth, those whol thought it was great but mindless fun, those who thought it was mindless drivel, those who see nothing but the flaws because there are a lot, those who can't see any flaws over the action, whew!! but overall it's mainly bickering back and forth.

Fear is faith in failure

Yeah, I'll concede defeat there.

I've been reading feedback on some TF forums, MAN those guys fight like crazy!! Can't get a good reading of how the movie REALLY is minus the rose coloured or poo coloured glasses. seems there are those who will love it JUST because its' transformers, those that hate it because it's bay and those who were mildly amused for what it's worth.
    Yeah I read like 2 reviews and stopped, figured its just something I am going to have to go see in the theater and make my own decision.

I can only imagine what will happen if a MOTU movie is made, I can see it being just as polarizing as the Transformers movies

as I was typing m previous post I thought of that too. I like to think (hope) that the MOTU movie will be more widly accepted by fans (meaning I hope they make it recognizable and MOTU in spirit) also we won't have to worry about the main characters NOT getting character development. (the movie won't focus on widgets while the He-Man skeletor and co only fight and have little lines of dialogue)

I am so behind on movies I want to see in the theatre, I hope to knock at least one off the list this weekend. Kung Fu Panda 2 being my most anticipated. TF3 being the least.

Fear is faith in failure

Remember when you were a kid and Optimus Prime would yell "KILL THEM ALL!" before he would bisect his enemies head with an axe and then pull their bodies into pieces with his one good arm?
    Yeah, I don't remember that ******** either...
    Saw it last night and have to say- this movie features some amazing cinematography, appropriate use of lens-flares (take note JJ Abrams!), hands-down some of the best 3-D ever, crazy amazing action... and yet somehow it is by far one of the biggest pieces of crap ever to hit the movie screen. Americans are going to eat this up. Aside from what I just listed above, there is nothing that I found very good about this movie. Sure, it's the best out of the three Transformers movies, but that isn't really much of a compliment. When you have a movie called Transformers and it focuses sooo much on the "human element", you have to give me more interesting characters than Shia LaBouf's and his character's new girlfriend. And you have to give me some scenes with actual Autobots interacting with each other and figuring out how to put a stop to the main threat, instead of putting the humans in that role. I thought there were a lot of really great bits and pieces, but everytime I was enjoying something it was like Michael Bay could sense it, and then grab me by the back of my head, drag me over to some dog poo, and then rub my face into that instead. "Oh, you liked that? Then you're going to LOOOVE THIS!" and smoosh- there goes my face in the crap.
    I don't understand his kind of filmmaking- I walked out thinking this man is seriously his own worst enemy and that he needs an editor or a collaborator of some sort who can come along and say "No. This is bad. Don't do this."
    Instead, T3 was like a brain-dead 14 year-old's wet dream squirted unfiltered onto a movie screen. In 3-D. I have to say I loved watching it as it went along (ooh, eye candy!), but hated myself when it was over for falling for this bullcrap again.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Remember when you were a kid and Optimus Prime would yell "KILL THEM ALL!" before he would bisect his enemies head with an axe and then pull their bodies into pieces with his one good arm?
    Yeah, I don't remember that b.s either...
    Prime was probably in a foul mood considering what went down with Sentinel and Ironhide.

I do remember G1 Prime telling the Dinobots to destroy Devastator in Transformers the Movie, so killing Decepticons isn't limited to Bayformers. Only in the G1 Marvel comics did the Autobots have a code toward taking life.

When you have a movie called Transformers and it focuses sooo much on the "human element", you have to give me more interesting characters than Shia LaBouf's and his character's new girlfriend. And you have to give me some scenes with actual Autobots interacting with each other and figuring out how to put a stop to the main threat, instead of putting the humans in that role.
    The big drawback to the main characters being CGI is that the whole movie can't have them in every shot. CGI models are expensive. I do understand where you're coming from because I would have liked to see what the Autobots were doing while the humans were running around. Instead we get two aftermaths.

I've been reading feedback on some TF forums, MAN those guys fight like crazy!! Can't get a good reading of how the movie REALLY is minus the rose coloured or poo coloured glasses. seems there are those who will love it JUST because its' transformers, those that hate it because it's bay and those who were mildly amused for what it's worth, those whol thought it was great but mindless fun, those who thought it was mindless drivel, those who see nothing but the flaws because there are a lot, those who can't see any flaws over the action, whew!! but overall it's mainly bickering back and forth.
    Yeah I read like 2 reviews and stopped, figured its just something I am going to have to go see in the theater and make my own decision.

I can only imagine what will happen if a MOTU movie is made, I can see it being just as polarizing as the Transformers movies
    Transformers was packed when I went to go see it last night. Even more so than Green Lantern or Thor. The closest crowd was X-Men. I think the online consensus is that it's better than ROTF, but it's still a Bay film. The trademark toilet humor is almost non-existent this time, except for one instance.

The MOTU fans are going to be just as rabid as the TF fans, if not moreso.

as I was typing m previous post I thought of that too. I like to think (hope) that the MOTU movie will be more widly accepted by fans (meaning I hope they make it recognizable and MOTU in spirit) also we won't have to worry about the main characters NOT getting character development. (the movie won't focus on widgets while the He-Man skeletor and co only fight and have little lines of dialogue)
    That's if they "do it right". The idea of who should play He-Man and how muscular he should be is polarizing enough on the movie forums. Some fans think he should be some massive olympian, while others want him to this agile swordsman.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 29, 2011 at 04:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Were those two transformers in it with the male enhancement? They were so annoying. Jar jar for transformers.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

The idea of who should play He-Man and how muscular he should be is polarizing enough on the movie forums. Some fans think he should be some massive olympian, while others want him to this agile swordsman.
    See, stuff like that isn't going to bother me so much, because T3 showed me that while they can make super-realistic CGI effects and totally immersing 3-D environments in 2011, it's the story behind it that makes it all good. Super-muscly or lean swimmer's build He-Man... I just want a MOTU movie with Adam/He-Man and the other Masters as the movie's focus. Don't dare give me a story about Chef Alan and his zany exploits in the royal kitchen, and introducing me to the world of Masters Of The Universe via the perspective of a normal citizen like Chef Alan- with He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, and Beast Man as periphery characters that skate in and out of the storyline throughout the entire film. Aside from the screentime devoted to the actual robot battles and the devastation of Chicago, it felt like the Transformers of the title were merely an afterthought in this movie. And that was kinda the problem with the previous two flicks... so if nothing else, at least Bay's interpretation of the franchise IS consistent. It's just not what I prefer or think is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Were those two transformers in it with the male enhancement? They were so annoying. Jar jar for transformers.
    You mean Skids and Mudflap? No. You do catch a quick glimpse of them in vehicle form, but it's more like an easter egg.

Brief history:

TF - thought it was okay but was ultimately disappointed. So much so my feelings about it soured afterward.

TF:ROTF - didn't bother to see it in theaters.

Recently, I watched both back to back. ROTF is overlong, but I actually enjoyed them more once my expectations were crushed. But was I a huge fan? Not really.

But I saw Dark of the Moon in 3D (first movie I've bothered watching that way in a long time) and I really, really like it. It's still a Michael Bay movie. And yes, women are objects. Explosions are big. But this time it felt suitably epic. There was convincing emotion! And the set pieces were actually very visceral and downright breathtaking. I still think these movies are about 20 minutes too long, but I was very well pleased.

I have to say the comedic acting in this was pretty top-notch. I don't love how some of the Autobots have slightly cheesy voices, but overall I think this is the best TF movie of them all. A good way for Bay to go out. I hope the next director and writer bring a different sensibility to the proceedings, but I really enjoyed this.

I do remember G1 Prime telling the Dinobots to destroy Devastator in Transformers the Movie, so killing Decepticons isn't limited to Bayformers.
    He also said:"Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost." That's basically
    saying "We'll kill them all" nicely.
    He then proceded to hit several Decepticons in truck mode and gunned down the rest.
    AND he would have executed Megatron in cold blood if that idiot Hot Rod haden't intervened, which allowed Megs to kill Prime instead.

Prime was hardcore back then already.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

You mean Skids and Mudflap? No. You do catch a quick glimpse of them in vehicle form, but it's more like an easter egg.
    Thank god.

Yeah thats them. I forgot their name because the were unimportant.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    He also said:"Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost." That's basically
    saying "We'll kill them all" nicely.
    He then proceded to hit several Decepticons in truck mode and gunned down the rest.
    AND he would have executed Megatron in cold blood if that idiot Hot Rod haden't intervened, which allowed Megs to kill Prime instead.

Prime was hardcore back then already.
    The line he delivers in T3 is literally: "Kill them all!" and it got a laugh out of me, but it was more like one of those "Are you serious? Real smooth writing there!" kind of laughs. I guess I'm just not used to the heroic characters in these sort of movies ripping their enemies to shreds, robots or not. I joked afterwards that I "just saw Transformers by way of Saw III". Granted, I'm not the biggest Transformers fan, my knowledge of 'em is pretty much the '80s animated series... so I'm going into these flicks as just the average joe schmoe rather than someone with much nostalgic attachment to the property. And I'm pretty big into horror films, but the vibe in these movies is just... I'm not even sure what the accurate word is to describe it. It's just not something that I really enjoyed, because all three of them just feel like they're all over the place. Here's some cool **** happening on the moon back in the '60s. Here's Sam's mom making those awkward comments about his sex life and handing him a book called "She Comes First". Here's a war-torn American Flag blowing wistfully in the wind! Here's a shot of the blow-up doll girlfriend looking stupified for what felt like an entire minute while all hell broke loose behind her. We're in a building breaking in half and we're about to fall out the windows! Cybertron is coming to Earth! It's an awkward moment with two guys getting caught in the same bathroom stall by their boss! "OMG! I'm spitting out my beer it's so funny!" Hey, where's Optimus Prime? Oh, he's been caught in wires for the last 20 minutes. Where's Megatron? In the end of the movie for five minutes and somewhere in the middle too, I think... but it happened so briefly I can't even remember. I dunno... it all looked purty in 3-D but it didn't have much else going for it. The big swinging robot testicles in T2 pretty much sums up the entire Bayformers' movie franchise. But that's just me...
    Last edited by zodak74; June 29, 2011 at 05:44pm.

I'm not sure what Prime does in the third movie but I feel his executing an unarmed Decepticon on the ground in ROTF was very un-Prime-like to me. Hell, even most action movies make it so the hero has to kill the villain since he has no other choice. I can't think of many movies where the hero who the audience is supposed to like just shoots a defenseless person in the head.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!