Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini-Comic/Cardart Articulated Ram Man Support Thread

MOTUC Mini-Comic/Cardart Articulated Ram Man Support Thread

We all know the vintage figure had green legs, but red legs, mini-comic/cardback art is superior! That's the best look. Also, Ram Man should have articulated legs like the mini-comic!

Who's with me?!

Please don't post if you aren't for this!

Ram Man for MOTUC ASAP!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    We all know the vintage figure had green legs, but red legs, mini-comic/cardback art is superior! That's the best look. Also, Ram Man should have articulated legs like the mini-comic!

Who's with me?!

That's exactly how I want him, but I have a feeling we will get the red/olive color scheme. I really like how he looks on the card-back with the bright orange and the chrome armor.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I think he will come in both versions, Cartoon/toy and cardback version.

Im wondering how his leg/knee articulation will be, without ruin the look of his legs.

I hope, he is slighty taller, an inch or so, than the standard figures.

If he ends up being a new sculpt i am.sure they will want to reuse it asmuch as possible to make it worth ir. I would guess a tru 2-pack with cardback colors
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Sounds good. Sign me up!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im in! That Ram-Man would rock your socks off!

This is the Ram-Man I have always wanted and have no doubt that we will get this release if not in the original release then certainly in a comic two pack.

I would love the cardback paint scheme for Rammy....but he is one of the figures than needs an action feature to me. The original was completely geared around his spring action - wouldnt feel like Ram Man without that!

Maybe they can come up with a way to articulate the legs AND give us a spring action too.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    As much as this has been debated before, you can judge something by examining it's past actions. It is a safe bet to say that Ram-man is coming in his general toy release like the original and 200x colors. So far, they haven't released a figure that is a radical departure from his original colors (except the color tones if your that picky)

So far, we haven't had a figure that was that different like an all green Trap-jaw or MAA in his Snake Buster colors.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    As much as this has been debated before, you can judge something by examining it's past actions. It is a safe bet to say that Ram-man is coming in his general toy release like the original and 200x colors. So far, they haven't released a figure that is a radical departure from his original colors (except the color tones if your that picky)
    Man-At-Arms has green fur, instead of reddish brown.

I do think that Ram Man would have a TRU 2 pak with his alternate colors.

I would like this as well! But we will probably get him first in the red/green colors. But one departure that has been done is Man-At-Arm's boots and shorts. The original figure had brown shorts and boots, but the MOTUC one came with dark green boots and shorts. That's how he was colored on the original cardbacks. So you never know!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

They also went with Mer-Man's cardback art instead of the vintage figure (just the alternate head was vintage toy).

Teela was also more cardback style, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

So far, we haven't had a figure that was that different like an all green Trap-jaw or MAA in his Snake Buster colors.
    And thank you for supporting my thread!
    Last edited by RockinHard; October 24, 2010 at 04:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

He'll be up on matty with the vintage colors. Card back colors will be in the TRU version.

Support. I want to have a running Ram-Man with bending knees as I remember him from the media. However, it would be cool if we could also get a spring-loaded ramming feature. I would sacrifice torso articulation for a spring feature on Ram-Man, but not hip or knee articulation.

Some bendy-knee action:

I bet we get both colours between the MOTUC and 2pak versions.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; October 25, 2010 at 11:39pm.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

Who's with me?!

I agree, I like that color scheme better than the Christmas color scheme. Hopefully they'll do both vintage colors and cardback colors. Ram Man could be a perfect candidate for one of those TRU 2 packs as already mentioned.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm so down for this. I painted a vintage Rammy to match his cardback colors way back in '95.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I'm so for this that I am not buying any other version!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

MOTUC Man-At-arms came in card-back colors, so why not Rammy?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'm really excited about getting a Ram man with articulation at all.

And I'm 100% certain that if they final release this character, both versions will be done. TG keeps saying how it's a new sculpt, and they aren't going to let that tooling go to waste. Expect to see them both.

To be honest I can't even decide which one I want more. But I wouldn't at all mind seeing the orange/red one come out first since it is over due for a release.

However....there's a 99% chance bcrduke is dead on about the green and red coming first. We did get a yellow Evil Lyn after all. Once Mattel makes up it's mind about something there's no changing it.

I really want cardback (or even mini-comic) colors. Also, I really want a Ram Man whose proportions and engineering actually look like MOTU... or at least not like some giant dwarf (no offense to the giant dwarves out there).

I think his proportions look much better in the last panel of this page:
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Rockinhard,

I know you are after the cardback look but would you be prepared to sacrifice Ram Man's axe in favour of a bundle of Grayskull bricks accessories, such that we can build a wall which MOTUC Rammy can ram down? Just a suggestion.

Such a wall could also be punched down by He-Man if anyone wants.

Sadly, the bricks that come with the Grayskull stands do not allow stacking one on top of the other to create such a wall.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Ya I'd go for this. I'd love to have the cardback version. Still would like to have both versions though. I think they'll release him as was the figure in the 80's and then do a refresh of him later with the card art colors. That's been the developing trend it seems. I wouldn't be surprised to see him released one day in a DC vs MOTUC two pack with card art colors. But to even get him at all would be wonderful. I'm not sure how they are going to pull it off but I want the action feature for Ram Man. I don't know how we could have this character w/o his defining action feature. Yes, bring on the card art version of Rammy!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I really want cardback (or even mini-comic) colors. Also, I really want a Ram Man whose proportions and engineering actually look like MOTU... or at least not like some giant dwarf (no offense to the giant dwarves out there).

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...y/194_full.jpg
    This picture from the comic didn't load the first time so I didn't see it at first but had to post...I love this proportioned Ram Man character in this comic. I hope Mattel slims him down just a little so he'll look more like this. He'd sure fit a lot better in the standard blister trimed down. I sincerely hope they use these comics to make him along with the original figure.

My wish list:

Ram Man
    Fisto
    Mekaneck
    Man E Faces
    Spikor
    Mosquitor
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; October 25, 2010 at 09:22am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Cardback Ram Man all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    i really want cardback (or even mini-comic) colors. Also, i really want a ram man whose proportions and engineering actually look like motu... Or at least not like some giant dwarf (no offense to the giant dwarves out there).

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...y/194_full.jpg
    bingo!!!!!!!!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I support card-back colours Ram-Man!!
    I wonder if they would use King Hiss legs or make a new sculpt?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar