Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: exactly, what do you want to see in a movie motu?

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar

Tired of waiting for Hollywood.

Avatar was nothing like Flash Gordon.?.

..and I truely hope no digital-bitmap-wireframe-animation-team is EVER capable of making Orko like Jar Jar.

I want to see all the main characters, He-Manīs tranformation, and Castle Grayskull!

I donīt expect to see She-Ra, Hordak or Snake Men

Without Snakemen, why would there be a snakemountain?

There just needs to be a good way of dealing with the symbolism.

..and if you like Orko, then you like Hordak too.
    (even if you really hate him)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Would really like to see at the start of the movie a 5 minute run of the past, preternia, that is if they arent going to do any preternia from the start, i dont think they should, just a quick run of how KG fought the horde and hiss, showing Tytus and Megator going at it the great unrest, i think this would be a good intro.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

..Is there a Queen GreySkull????

(I wonder how this King GreySkull,,who-ever-that-is,, balences with She-Ra?)

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Would really like to see at the start of the movie a 5 minute run of the past, preternia, that is if they arent going to do any preternia from the start, i dont think they should, just a quick run of how KG fought the horde and hiss, showing Tytus and Megator going at it the great unrest, i think this would be a good intro.
    Exactly, it needs an epic intro to set the mood, like they did in Lord of the Rings.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Exactly, it needs an epic intro to set the mood, like they did in Lord of the Rings.
    Yeah, an opening prologue, like what was done in Lord of the Rings, would be a great way to start the MotU movie. I like the idea of showing how both halves of the power sword were formed and the epic, final battle between King Grayskull and Hordak.

Good idea, Lorde Trooper.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Characters what I like appers in film:
    Price Adam/He-Man
    Teela
    Man-at-Arms
    Orko
    The Sorceress
    King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    Gringer/Battle Cat
    Zodac
    Skeletor
    Evil Lyn
    TrapJaw
    Panthor
    Beast Man

These character appers in flashbacks:
    Keldor
    Kronis
    Hordak

Places, what I like see in film:
    Royal palace
    Man-At-Arms' workshop
    Castle Greyskull
    Snake Montain
    Last edited by Jyrki; December 29, 2011 at 07:19pm.

What about Perfuma?? I love her. I want her in the movie.

Heroic Warrior
    I want familiar characters that look recognizable.

NO NEW CHARACTERS!!!!

I truly think that is my LEAST favorite part of the old movie. All the new characters that filled the same roles as characters we already had...

Blade was cool.... but he would have been JUST as cool as Tri-klops....

Recognizable material is the only way to sell this movie anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I think the first 2 minutes of LOTRs was the only good part.
    ..it got a bit dull after that.

(I did like the near equaling measure of interest it held to that of Ralph Bakashi's under-buget animated version.)
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; November 20, 2011 at 10:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I want to see a dark 14A or 18A Frazetta-ish style fantasy movie. Honestly, whatever comes out of Hollywood is going to suck. Transformers...SUCKED. GI JOE...SUCKED. I really hope it doesn't get made because my 80's childhood nostalgia for MOTU is 100 x stronger than it was for the two aforementioned franchises and I critiqued the ****** out of them. I think we need to keep motu in comics and animation and leave it at that. Honestly the people on the production team would have to have a profound love of MOTU for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Warduke View Post
    I want to see a dark 14A or 18A Frazetta-ish style fantasy movie. Honestly, whatever comes out of Hollywood is going to suck. Transformers...SUCKED. GI JOE...SUCKED. I really hope it doesn't get made because my 80's childhood nostalgia for MOTU is 100 x stronger than it was for the two aforementioned franchises and I critiqued the ****** out of them. I think we need to keep motu in comics and animation and leave it at that. Honestly the people on the production team would have to have a profound love of MOTU for it to work.
    I like the Frazetta style and agree it would work well with MotU. Especially a dark red color palate like the old box art. I also agree that Hollywood could stylize what we know and love to something that is Masters in name only. That said, I do believe a great Masters movie can be made, and it does NOT have to be made by someone who has a "profound love" for MotU, as you state.

Look at the 2000 Dungeons and Dragons movie. It was written and directed by Courtney Soloman, a HUGE fan of D&D. And, well, the movie was absolutely terrible.

Also look at Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Nicholas Myer and Harve Bennet, the director and producer of the film, knew next to nothing about Trek but created what most fans agree is the best of all the Trek movies.

Yeah, we all know about the Bay-formers, but my point is that as long as you get quality film-makers, you will get a quality film. A director does not need to be a fan of the source material to make a great movie.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I could make a J.I. Joe movie, but it would require getting that guy 'Mac' from Discovery chanels 'Future Weapons' ,,and,, getting Woody Allen,, in the same room,, and ,, make them talk movies.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I like the Frazetta style and agree it would work well with MotU. Especially a dark red color palate like the old box art. I also agree that Hollywood could stylize what we know and love to something that is Masters in name only. That said, I do believe a great Masters movie can be made, and it does NOT have to be made by someone who has a "profound love" for MotU, as you state.

Look at the 2000 Dungeons and Dragons movie. It was written and directed by Courtney Soloman, a HUGE fan of D&D. And, well, the movie was absolutely terrible.

Also look at Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Nicholas Myer and Harve Bennet, the director and producer of the film, knew next to nothing about Trek but created what most fans agree is the best of all the Trek movies.

Yeah, we all know about the Bay-formers, but my point is that as long as you get quality film-makers, you will get a quality film. A director does not need to be a fan of the source material to make a great movie.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly!

As for "Hollywood stylization" it cold work both ways, I suppose... All and every property adapted into movie has to be stylized and changed to fit... Sometimes it works (Burton's and Nolan's Batman (yup, there are massive changes in both in comparison to comics), sometimes it doesn't (Schumacher’s Batman, well, duh..)... And again, one "vision" will appeal to me (Burton's Batman), and other won't (Nolan's Batman) but that does not mean that both "visions" are not decent... Yup, the only "truth" in this case is "diplomacy", debate is futile..

And I definitely think that "huge fan" should not direct nor produce MOTU movie nor that movie should be made for "huge fans".. Don't get me wrong, but most "huge fan" Hollywood movies are over-cluttered with loads and loads of details and stuff and convoluted histories of characters that it is just annoying or they become so self-aware that it does not look like "movie" at all...

I'm a fan of MOTU (for me its best franchise ever and forever will be), but I do not want to see 3 hour long convoluted fan servicey movie... Let me clear that up, before I got burned.. first X-Men movie was great (IMHO) and accesible to wide audience, because it was "cleaned" of all nonsensical stuff and "bare bones" of characters were left onto which characters were built trough the movie... No convoluted stories about team origins, personal character mythologies, etc. and the story was self contained. Everything about character histories was cut back showing only things needed for the progress of that particular story (i.e. Magneto, Rogue, Wolverine (for the mystery of which of mutants were hunted)), and it worked beautiful (again, IMHO)... Next thing is how they showed Wolverine's "origin".. It was master stroke! Simple half minute long flashback of the experiment, and that was it... You brain was kickstarted to imagine what happened during and after that experiment, and how it affected Wolvie's characted.. Something in that vain should be done with MOTU characters, in my humble opinion...

Sorry for the long post and my English..
    Last edited by BlastAttak; November 25, 2011 at 05:34am.
    I am more than MAN..., more than LIFE..., I AM A GOD!!! And now.. you.. will.. kneel... KNEEL!!!!

My toy collection

My Deviant Art

An academic aproach and follow through to Masters is needed for sure.
    ..(instead of a director-gasim)

I wonder who could possibly put all the basics together and make ,, say , storyboards or something? I wonder who could do that?

Since movie talk has come up, thought I'd bump this up.

I want something that takes MOTU in a darker more adult direction. Like Conan the Barbarian (1982) hybridized with Dune (1984).

Treachery, ruthlesness, power games, technology, mutants, magic, intrigue, etc....

One thing I loved about Conan the Barbarian was that Conan had next to no dialog. Why should he? He was a barbarian.

One thing I loved about Dune was the inner dialog, hearing the thoughts play out in their heads.

Prince Adam talks, he's a Prince and all. He-Man could have the inner dialog, being more of a barbarian for show, but still retaining the Prince's intellect on the inside to guide his strength.

I'd also like music to do a lot of the storytelling, like it did in Conan. Instrumental pieces that help convey the moment/scene.

Most of all, I'd like unknowns to be cast in a lot of the leads. Keep the big money actors the hell away from it. Keep actor cost down for effects, orchestra, costumes, blood packs, etc...

As for the story, Classics has an interesting storyline that incorporates a lot of the different MOTU elements. However, people more familiar with the mini-comics, various series, etc would have better ideas for the overall plot than me.

As for elements such as Cringer/Battle Cat and Orko. Back benchers in a movie. In a few scenes but do not partake in the adventure as Adam/He-man, Teela, and Man-at-Arms would. Saves money, eliminates the poor rendition of tiger mount, etc...

With movie talk taking off a little bit, thought I'd bump this up.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Orko and Cat are not backbenchers.
    Adam's Cringor is scared alot and shows the emotion he won't show.
    Orko is needed to justify that aliens can exist, so Hordak is not too odd.

..and if this movie is out there..
    Every big name and every no name should want to be in it, even if theyre an extra or have to play Snout Spout without showing their real face.

You could line up performers for this and hand pick them.
    (or at least I could)