Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

In an interview with Hero Complex, Christopher Nolan revealed that the title for his third Batman movie will be The Dark Knight Rises. He added that the villain "won't be the Riddler."

"We'll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we'll be introducing some new ones," Nolan said cryptically. He also said that the studio has agreed with him not to shoot the film in 3D.

The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.

Read more: Third Batman to be Titled The Dark Knight Rises - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...#ixzz13ZsSXC7E

Maybe Bruce's love interest in this one will be named Sue Flay, and she can rise with him.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    That works.

While I love the Riddler above all other Bat-foes, I'm Ok with him not being the villain. Partially because I'd like to see some new blood, so to speak, and partially because I don't think he'd fit as the villain in the context of where this trilogy seems to be going.

Personally, I think Catwoman needs to at least be in the movie, but not as the main threat, obviously - there needs to be some kind of female presence.

At this point, if I had to guess, my money would be on Black Mask.

At any rate, glad to hear news about what will likely be my favorite movie of 2012.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

He also said that the studio has agreed with him not to shoot the film in 3D.
    Awesome, it does not need it!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Does this mean the lame ending to 'The Dark Knight' will be resolved?? And, how are they ever going to have The Joker again with the actor who portrayed him passed away a few years ago??
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    not a bad title.

Kind of disappointed no Riddler really hope it's not Killer Croc. I could accept him as being in the film but he can't be the main villain. It needs to be a major and intelligent character to wrap up the trilogy.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post

Personally, I think Catwoman needs to at least be in the movie, but not as the main threat, obviously - there needs to be some kind of female presence.
    I just said the same thing! I don't care if she is catwoman or not, but Selina needs to be in the movie. I would even be O.K. with the short black hair version if they want to get away from Pfifer.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Does this mean the lame ending to 'The Dark Knight' will be resolved?? And, how are they ever going to have The Joker again with the actor who portrayed him passed away a few years ago??
    They can reference him but I doubt they would recast him (at least in the Nolan verse)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I dislike the title very much since the last one was called The Dark Knight.

Secondly, I am some-what disappointed about no Riddler. Though, since I have not enjoyed the other Nolan films, perhaps this is a blessing as Riddler is my favorite vile (though I did like Nolan's Scarecrow).

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Cool title, works for me. Don't really care either way about the 3D. Whoever the villain winds up being, I'm sure it'll be well-done. Nolan's movies have been pretty amazing so far; I trust him.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Kind of disappointed no Riddler really hope it's not Killer Croc. I could accept him as being in the film but he can't be the main villain. It needs to be a major and intelligent character to wrap up the trilogy.

I agree - but moreover, given where this trilogy seems to be heading, I think it needs to be someone who represents a threat to Gotham, not just a character who's menacing as an individual.

That's why I'm thinking Black Mask - someone who ruthlessly (and effectively) unites the city's criminal element while Batman is on the outs with the population - but who's far more savage and monstrous than guys like Falcone or Maroni.

Remember, this is the third act of a story which featured Joker as the second act, so there's got to be at least that much level of threat - only this time, it'd be less a question of 'chaos' then an actual, organized problem.

The only other character I could see filling that position is Bane, but personally I'd like to skip Bane for this outing.

Not only that, but Catwoman has history with Black Mask in the comics, so she could tie in to the story fairly easily.

Of course, this is all just educated guesswork on my part.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

The title works cause remember how the dark knight ended he was the vigalante on the run. So now he rises again to help out Gordon. I like it. Nolan understands the batman character. I love what he has done with the property. I just really want to see cat women in it. Or at least selena.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I think the female presence should be Poison Ivy, she deserves a better outting that the atrocious 'Batman & Robin'.

I also dont think they should do Catwoman, it would be redundant because I think we have seen the definitive Catwoman played by Michelle Pffieffer.

Maybe they could get her to reprise the role...she still looks amazing!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Already off to a bad start with the stupid title...

Depending on the villain and if Nolan stays on his high horse of making Batman as realistic as possible I'll be uninspired to see this

A bit so-so on the title. As for the Riddler, I must admit, I’m quite surprised. I really was expecting him. Guess I’m not thinking enough outside the box. My new bets would be the Black Mask and Catwoman.

Dissappointed about the lack of The Riddler, and the title.

I really hope the villain turns out to be Black Mask, he's a big villain in the comics, and could probably carry a whole movie. I wouldn't mind seeing Bane as a henchman.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I dislike the title very much since the last one was called The Dark Knight.
    this is why i don't like the title as well. If it was the first movie of a series it would make more sense but the Dark Knight has already "risen" in Batman Begins....
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    yeah.. the title seems to lack something.. maybe if the first one was "Dark Knight Begins" then it can be a Dark Knight trilogy.. but.. having two named Dark Knight and one named Batman just seems off.. It's not going to bother me much tho, I assure you.

I love the Riddler too, but batman has a giant rouge's gallery, and I would like to see many of them..

I also hope this isn't the last film in the series. I'm tired of the 3 movies and then a reboot or prequel formula. These are characters based on comic books with 30 to 50 years of history! Surely you can build on contiunity better than horror films like Saw and Nightmare on Elm St that have 7 movies or so in a series!

I am very disappointed at there not being a Riddler. Nolan could have done wonders with him.

No, I don't want Catwoman. If they aren't using the Riddler, then I want them to use a good villain who can actually carry the whole movie.

I like the title and I'm happy this movie will not be in 3D. It would be cool to see Bane in this third movie.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post

I really hope the villain turns out to be Black Mask, he's a big villain in the comics, and could probably carry a whole movie.

I'd just rather see the ORIGINAL Black Mask over the skull faced mafia don that seems to be the only Black Mask nowadays.

The Black Mask I refer to was the one obsessed with masks and ran the False Face Society where all of his goons were required to wear some sort of mask. I honestly prefer that Black Mask, personally.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I'm not big on the title but it's not the end of the world. It does seem odd to call this The Dark Knight Rises when it's the third in the series(it sounds like the title for a first movie). Even though I loved Batman Begins and liked The Dark Knight, I hope this is the last Nolanverse Batman movie. I really wish he had nothing to do with Superman as well.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Black Mask could be an extremely effective villain in Noaln's Gotham.
    I'm kinda hoping that Ra's returns, but I know he won't. He's my favorite comic book villain, and Neeson just did such a marvelous job as Ra's that I really wish we could see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They can reference him but I doubt they would recast him (at least in the Nolan verse)
    Here's my cheap version...

There where many 'fake' Batmen in the second movie...why couldn't there be an alternate Joker? 'What you met was one of my many apprentices...'

I HATED the Joker in this movie...nothing but a madman...no fun at all...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

**** the Riddler, I don't wanna a Joker clone.
    **** the Penguin, ridiculous villain.
    **** Catwoman because we already got Michelle and Halle.
    **** Bookworm... no wait, he's cool! LOL.
    **** Bane, we don't need silly wrestling-looking villains.

I just hope NOLAN - who directed the greatest movie of all time (The Dark Knight) - will come up with something new, a brand-new villain, never seen in the comics. Why not?
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/