Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I read some of Brubaker's Cap, but I didn't even consider it a retcon. These days practically every Marvel character is grittier than they used to be whether through a retcon or by just ignoring past continuity. I didn't think Cap was any different. I was still hoping we'd get classic Cap in the movie and not the one from JoeyQ's NuMarvel where you're not a true hero unless you're unlikable & have no problem killing villains.
    the retcon really centered around bucky. instead of him being a plucky 16 year old, they made him an adult, special ops. the kid bucky persona was for the folks back home. same with cap.

they didn't change modern steve rogers. they just explained that the old comics weren't representations of cap and bucky in ww2.

in the modern age, cap only kills when completely necessary (and i can't even recall who he last killed). bucky on the other hand...

i'm not going to argue with you about likeability. that's your opinion and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    that's weird. looks like she's walking down the same steps she was driving the bat bike down...at the same time (seems to be a riot going on)?
    Last edited by EldestSon; August 7, 2011 at 11:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post

that's weird. looks like she's walking down the same steps she was driving the bat bike down...at the same time (seems to be a riot going on)?
    I'd guess the girl on the bat bike was her stunt double. I doubt they'd let Hathaway drive a motorcycle down a set of steps covered with people.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'd guess the girl on the bat bike was her stunt double. I doubt they'd let Hathaway drive a motorcycle down a set of steps covered with people.
    ok...what i'm saying is that these are 2 shots from a scene where there's a riot on the steps of some building. the same character is doing 2 different things during this riot. in one, she is walking down the steps in her alter ego. in the other, she is driving down the steps.

it's more likely it's 2 different scenes. just looked weird to me.

ok...what i'm saying is that these are 2 shots from a scene where there's a riot on the steps of some building. the same character is doing 2 different things during this riot. in one, she is walking down the steps in her alter ego. in the other, she is driving down the steps.

it's more likely it's 2 different scenes. just looked weird to me.
    I doubt its 2 scenes. The picture where she's walking down the steps doesn't look like part of the movie. It just looks like Anne Hathaway is just on the set, but not in costume. It looks like she might be carrying a script.

They're probably blocking out the scene where Catwoman (stuntwoman) is on the bike and Anne is on the set as well.

they didn't change modern steve rogers. they just explained that the old comics weren't representations of cap and bucky in ww2.

in the modern age, cap only kills when completely necessary (and i can't even recall who he last killed). bucky on the other hand...

i'm not going to argue with you about likeability. that's your opinion and that's fine.
    I'm sorry, but when Cap is kicking S.H.I.E.L.D. agents out of moving vehicles into oncoming traffic or hunting endangered species as an excuse to have a "heart-to-heart" with Cyclops, that is not the Captain America from the past 60 + years. Neither of those even happened in a Brubaker comic.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I doubt its 2 scenes. The picture where she's walking down the steps doesn't look like part of the movie. It just looks like Anne Hathaway is just on the set, but not in costume. It looks like she might be carrying a script.

They're probably blocking out the scene where Catwoman (stuntwoman) is on the bike and Anne is on the set as well.
    look in the background. there are guys fighting in both pics (at least it looks like it).

look in the background. there are guys fighting in both pics (at least it looks like it).
    She has a Trader Joe's shopping bag with her and doesn't look dressed or made up to be in any scene.

They are either blocking a scene that she's not in, or shooting a scene that she's not in. Her stunt double is in the scene, but Hathaway clearly isn't. She's just on the set.

Any "real" Bane pics released yet?

don't know if anyone has posted this yet
    Please embed videos into the post per forum rules Thanks

Ok my cusin works for MLB and they sent them down this weekend to Pittsburg to be extras in the new batman and in the scene at Heinz field are you ready for this

The riddler............Yes the riddler is I the movie

He tears up the field while the gotham team is playing.

Now it's not known if is the ending a flash back or a tv scene while batman is on hiatus.. But the riddler is in it.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Gotham police car in downtown Pittsburgh.

I just found out some scenes are going to be filmed on Friday in the old bank area of a building my company manages!
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Pics are up of Hathaway in full Catwoman gear. I rather like it - it's low-tech, which works, and I've always liked Catwoman with the exposed hair. And the suit does, er- fit her nicely.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ight-rises-set
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I absolutely can not wait for this movie. Gonna be great !
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Pics are up of Hathaway in full Catwoman gear. I rather like it - it's low-tech, which works, and I've always liked Catwoman with the exposed hair. And the suit does, er- fit her nicely.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ight-rises-set
    Meh. I prefer her with the short hair and cowl, but for about a year now I've been expecting the pendulum to swing back to the longer hair and a more Julie Newmar appearance overall (which isn't bad either). The performances have been stronger than the costumes in the Nolan movies though, at least for me.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I was driving east on I-40 today through Knoxville and I look over in the west bound lane and there were four big rig trucks hauling SWAT vans and police cars that said "Gotham SWAT" and "Gotham PD". I did some looking around on-line and they are the same that has been on-set. Neat stuff.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/C.../news/?a=50116

So this movie takes place 8 years after the events of the last movie. Interesting. This could be good in the way that he'll be a far more grizzled and established world's greatest detective Batman from the start of the film.

Other interesting notes on Bane in the article, including why he wears that face mask.

Just watched the full trailer on I Tunes. I'm pumped up for it. I wish they showed us a bit more though. Too much football game.

Dan
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"

What the heck is Bane saying in that trailer? "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die"?

Interesting look and feel. I honestly think this saga ends/will reboot stuff it's a huge waste of a series that could keep going. But whatever, I hope the next Batman doesn't sound like he's got a cold and that someone does right by Grayson/Robin/Nightwing and Barbara Gordon on the big screen. Eventually we've got to have someone who can make a good movie and likes those characters.

My undeniable truths:

1- "The Dark Knight" is the greatest movie of all the times.
    2- "Rises" will be vastly inferior, but nonetheless a compelling and epic work of art.
    3- The trailer made me a happy man.
    4- This is the end. You cannot top what Nolan did. Batman will be over for the next 1000 years.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

He-Man.org Administrator TheShadow's Avatar
    I preface this with the fact that I have not enjoyed any of the Nolan Batman Films.

I wasn't feeling this trailer. The Bruce/Selena dance sequence immediately reminded me of Batman Returns (a movie I love), Bane looks weird, and why was there so much football in the trailer? Snooze. I say that even with the fact they used my hometown stadium for the scenes.

Anyway, I'll still see the movie regardless. I've always loved Batman; I just can't seem to get in to these new ones.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I just hope whoever does the Batman series next isn't allowed to film any scenes on location or in the daylight. I've had enough "realistic" Batman for the rest of my life.

I have to say, this trailer is very very underwhelming. Compared to trailers for g I joe and avengers this one just didn't make me NEED to see the new batman movie now.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I've seen the trailer and I have mixed emotions, but I did felt the same with "The Dark Knight", and I was wrong.

Something that I cannot avoid is the darker tone that the series seems to hint, which worries me. There are rumors that leads to believe that Batman may die at the end of the film. He does look tired in both trailers when Bane goes melee with him and makes me think for the worst.

Alfred walking with a cane is very "Dark Knight Returns", the same with Gordon in bed as shown in the previous teaser. Both images are quite depressing.

Worst than Batman dying, which I really fear, is that he may go public. The combat scenes in the street are also in some way familiar to TDKR, when there's the EMP and Batman saves Gotham riding a horse, subduing the insurrection arisen in despair.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that at the stadium people hanging their Gotham Rogues hand made signs, they have the Robin "R"?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing the trailer, I don't know exactly what to think about it.

I still don't got the Batman vibe from the new movies, I like the Keaton ones more.