Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Yeah I thought of that kid right away.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    Was I the only person who thought maybe John Blake was supposed to be that kid Batman met briefly in Batman Begins, the one who said something like "It's you, the other kids will never believe me"?
    Nah, he would be too old. The kid from Begins is King Geoffrey in Game of Thrones, so there is no way he could have aged to Blake's age in 8 years.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

If this has been answered before let me know. I havent seen the movie adn I dont want to read the thread cause of spoilers.

How was catwoman? I wasnt impressed when Hatheaway was announced to play her.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I felt like Bane was just some guy. I didn't feel like he did anything that stood out. The lack of the venom toxin sucked, but I had a feeling going in that whole element would be missing anyway. And man, his voice is just ridiculous. I've always had a hard time taking Bale's Batman voice seriously, but Bane's is even worse.

I felt like it was about an hour too long, as the middle drug and I was fighting off sleep. I easily predicted all of the "twists," but that doesn't mean everyone will and I'm sure some folks will still find them to be enjoyable. But there were some scenes that really made me roll my eyes because of how silly they felt...
    My friend mentioned that

Blake was literally his sidekick, just without a costume. The Robin to his Batman.
    I didn't think of that during the movie, and I thought it was a nice wink without being obvious.

The voice felt off for me, too, just because it SOUNDED dubbed. It didn't seem like they tried to make it sound like it was coming from behind the mask at ALL.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Saw the movie this morning and loved it!

I was presently surprised how much I enjoyed Bane. Some of the scenes he was in were screen stealing. Much like the Joker in the previous film, he had some really great dialogue.

Hathaway was good but hardly great. She did a good job with what she was given. The role didn't require much but a pretty face and she did do that well.

There were a bunch of plot holes in the movie.

How did Batman not fall through that ice while wearing all of his gear? Why would he waste time making that symbol on the bridge when they were literally running out of time?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I think him not falling through the ice was a nod to his training with Ra's Al Ghul in the first movie.

I'm going to try and watch it again this week to get a better understanding of what was going on.

For instance:

Why did they want to wait for the thing to self explode 5 months down the road when they could have just pressed the button and got it over with?

How did Batman get out of the Bat before it exploded? Seemed to me he was in it up until it popped

How did Robin get the coordinates to the bat cave?

I wish they would have also wet into more detail about the mask. Why exactly he wears it and why it is painful without it on. It also bugged me that Bane was wearing a big jacket out in the snow, yet Selena was wearing one layer of tight spandex riding on the motorcycle.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I saw the film on Saturday night and really liked it, though not as much as TDK. GeoMule the answer to your question is that it was Under Armor! Bane was done proper by Hardy(I really didn't mind the voice too much), Hathaway was OK, and Ra's was awesome! Is Scarecrow still running around?

Here's my take on the ending:

Blake was left the cooridinates to the cave by Bruce. The signal is repaired for the return of Batman, who now has no secret identity because Bruce Wayne is dead. There is no longer the fear for the ones closest to him. Blake cannot takeover the helm bacause what training does he have? Detective skills...yes. But as for all the training Bruce received from Ra's, not to mention all the gizmos and gadgets, if he went out in public dressed as the Batman people would know it wasn't him from his lack of skills,not to mention the voice! Alfred does his yearly visit and is reasurred that Batman(no longer Bruce Wayne) can be happy, having the girl and a protege awaiting back home to be trained(Robin)!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Bane's voice sounded whiney. Reminded me of the Brady Bunch episode where Peter's voice is changing due to puberty. I liked it, but it should have been a lower, rougher tone. ie, Mike Tyson is a big bad dude with a girly voice.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    If this has been answered before let me know. I havent seen the movie adn I dont want to read the thread cause of spoilers.

Stole the show. Best breakout star in the high quality cast other than JGL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I think him not falling through the ice was a nod to his training with Ra's Al Ghul in the first movie.

I'm going to try and watch it again this week to get a better understanding of what was going on.

For instance:

I wish they would have also wet into more detail about the mask. Why exactly he wears it and why it is painful without it on. It also bugged me that Bane was wearing a big jacket out in the snow, yet Selena was wearing one layer of tight spandex riding on the motorcycle.
    1. The point of taking Gotham hostage was never to execute the people of Gotham. That would be easy. It was to cause despair, chaos, strip it of hope. It's the same reason Bane never killed Batman. He wanted to torture him mentally. Also the same reason he never killed the 3,000 cops underground. He wanted them alive and in prison, same way the Harvey Dent Act put the so called criminals in Gotham.

2. Batman got out of the Batpod because he fixed the autopilot. That was the whole point of that last scene with Lucius.

3. Bruce left the coordinates and tools to the Batcave in his will to Blake. This is made really clear when we find out his real name is Robin.

4. Bane's mask was explained when Ras went back to get revenge in the prison over Talia. He saved Bane for looking after Talia when the prisoners brutally beat him. The mask is a supply of morphine/anesthesia. This is why he would never feel any of the hits Batman threw at him.
    Last edited by SCB; July 23, 2012 at 10:39pm.

Her performance was like Ledger's in TDK. Fantastic as if she was right out of the comic.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

Her performance was outstanding. I think she was the breakout for the movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt coming in second.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The mask is a supply of morphine/anesthesia. This is why he would never feel any of the hits Batman threw at him.
    What about his strength? I noticed his skin was a little nasty on close ups...I wonder if that was supposed to signify steroids?

Misspent Adulthood presents "The Dark Knight Rises" movie review

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss View Post
    I saw the film on Saturday night and really liked it, though not as much as TDK. GeoMule the answer to your question is that it was Under Armor! Bane was done proper by Hardy(I really didn't mind the voice too much), Hathaway was OK, and Ra's was awesome! Is Scarecrow still running around?

Here's my take on the ending:
    in answer to your questions:

scarecrow should still be alive. seeing as how he was a recurring character, i think they would show his corpse if he died. or at least they would mention it.

robin could still get training directly from bruce. since bruce is "dead", he would probably be confined to wayne manor during return trips to gotham. lucius fox is still alive so he would be the go-to guy when it comes to figuring out how to use gadgets, same as when bruce was batman.

my friend and i were cracking up over bane's voice. it was like if sean connery voiced darth vader. but funny voice aside, i really liked how bane was handled. this is the first time i really liked a bane story.

I liked the movie but

Why didn't they use D!ck Grayson as Blakes real name? Why Robin? I was sooooooo disappointed. Especially since I called the Talia twist right from the beginning

Saw this a second time yesterday. Loved it.

Divia, I found Anne Hathaway ok. I wouldn't say it was an outstanding performance, but it was good.

In fact, that's how I felt about the whole movie.

*Possible Spoilers*

Pros:

Bane's first throw-down with Batman--awesome!

Batman's cycle and flying thing (not sure what to call it) were great.

I really liked Bale's performance and Bane had an awesome menacing look.

ALL the tie-ins were great. I loved the tie-ins to the first and second movie.

The sort of pre-Robin was great. I really liked this character.

Cons:

Bane's voice just wasn't deep enough. It didn't match his look and sounded annoying at times. Plus, I couldn't understand him at times.

When he's giving directions about the bomb to the crowd, I didn't believe they would stay calm or NOT flee the city. IMO, they would be in shock or a panic, not calmly listen to his demands and then stick around the captive city for so long.

Batman's comeback fight with Bane felt glossed over. It deserved a lot more attention/detail than it got.

Climbing the prison wall didn't make sense. There didn't seem to be any guards around. Why didn't those guys build a stinking ladder rather than continuously try to jump to that ledge? Also, I've seen plenty of rock climbers climb straight up walls with nothing but chalk as a tool;the surface wasn't smooth and looked like it had cervices/places to grip. It looked like someone with rock climbing skills could have done it.

After having a herniated disc, Bruce looked like he should have re-injured his back when the rope snapped him back from his fall in the prison. I found that whole montage in the prison scene just a little too convenient. I want to get back in shape by doing some quick push-ups and sit-ups.

I'm off to hit the sack, but I give the movie a 7 out of 10.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    Good movie, not as good as the last one, but still good.

Saw it today. I thought it was of about the same quality as the rest - entertaining enough but overrated.

Anne Hathaway surprised me with how great she was as Catwoman.
    Bane was a throwaway villain and his voice was pretty silly. It was kind of like a bad Sean Connery impression.
    I suppose if I had my memory wiped then the "twist" about the villain would have been slightly surprising. But then again, you saw it coming way before it happened.
    It was too long and drawn out.
    And yes, there were quite a few plot holes.
    But, I did like the overall feel of it and JGL was great. I'd love to see where he took his role... if future installments were actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss View Post
    Is Scarecrow still running around? :

He was the judge when asking people if they wanted Death or Exile. he just wasn't in his scarecrow costume. I asked ym girlfriend if that was Scarecrow and then Gordon called him Crane. To my knowledge, he's the only villain to appear in all 3 movies, even though it was very short appearances after the first.
    BergerKing's opinions and the opinions expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of He-Man.org, Mattel, Coca-Cola, the Catholic Church or the NFL
    I have a feedback thread! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-thread

Saw it and I love.
    It is not as good as Dark Knight and if you have read some comics books is quite predictable, although excellently done. I even yielded at the screen in one scene (you may know which one).

I'd not like to be continued by JGL, I much rather prefer a new take. However, I doubt such great interpretations of Bruce, Alfred, Lucius & mainly Gordon could ever be topped.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I saw the Dark Knight Rises with my best friend on July 29th. I think it was the best Batman film ever made. I was skeptical going in, but I LOVED it.

Anne Hathaway surprised me and did an amazing job as Catwoman.
    I LOVED Bane! He was soooo good. I'm usually not a very big fan of Bane, but I thought he was done excellently.

This movie was a major pay off for me. It paid homage (accidental or on purpose) to SO many different Batmans of the past, it was incredible!

60'S BATMAN TV SHOW

- Catwoman's costume (with hints from the newer comic book version of her costume, like goggles and the front zipper).

BATMAN RETURNS:

- Selina and Bruce dancing scene
    - Catwoman causing chaos and teaming up with the big bad
    - Winter at the end

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES

- Arkham Asylum putting the heroes on trial. I LOVED that episode! Joker would probably have been the judge if Heath Ledger was still alive.

- The romance between Bruce and Rachel, Talia and Catwoman. They were the great loves of his life. In the series in was kind of left vague at who the woman would be that he'd choose though. I love how Catwoman won out and it gave me closure from Batman Returns! Bruce wanted to live with Selina, but she turns him down. Then, there was supposed to be a sequel starring Catwoman that kept getting delayed and I waited YEARS for in anticipation...and it eventually turned into the Halle Berry mess. So, this gave us the ending I've pretty much been waiting for since 1992.

About John Blake:

I think his name was John Blake instead of Tim Drake for two reasons: keep the audience guessing, but mainly keep Christian Bale in the dark because he REFUSED to ever to a movie with Robin. All the "Robin" parts are done without Bale. So, he may not have known until watching the movie for the first time.

I honestly thought it was genius, because I think Blake is supposed to be Tim Drake, and how Wayne Manor became the home for all the orphan boys was like taking in D!ck Grayson...so it was like having BOTH Robins in the film.

There were a lot more nods to things of the past, but those are all I can think of at the moment. I thought everything was incredibly well done!

ONE thing that was wrong with the script though:

Batman is the great detective. Bane said to Batman he didn't see daylight until he was a grown man. Then, we learn of the boy who escaped The Pit...which was said to be Bane. I caught onto that immediately by going "What the heck? Bane said he was a grown man when he escaped?" Bruce immediately caught the part where Blake said Wayne Foundation wasn't paying for the orphanage any longer in his really long speech. I didn't even hear that! There's no way Batman would have gone on believing Bane was the little boy. They shouldn't have had Bane say that part. If you just remove that one line said by Bane, everything would be okay.

I'm really surprised to hear some people saying they liked the Dark Knight better! I watched it on Blu-Ray (for the first time ever) before watching Rises in theater. It was good, but far from great. Out of trilogy, I liked it the least. Scarecrow and Bane caused LOTS of terror and chaos. Both took over the entire city and it literally looked like the end of the world. Joker killed like...10 people. I liked Two Face a LOT, but I don't know...I didn't really care for Heath Ledger as the Joker. He is an amazing actor, but his Joker didn't really do much for me. Mark Hamill in Batman the Animated series will always be the best Joker in my opinion. Perfect level of humour, terror, twisted mind and wacky plans. To me, the Joker seemed like a throwaway villain whereas Scarecrow and Bane were something else altogether. The Dark Knight needed some work with regards to Joker, in my honest opinion.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 2, 2012 at 10:49am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I know that was him, what I meant was without spoiling anything, it never showed or mentioned him after a certain point.
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Finally saw it tonight. It was about what I was expecting. It was passable for an enjoyable movie, but just like the two that came before it, it just didn't feel like a real "Batman" movie... almost like it could have been about any superhero. I did enjoy all the "No Man's Land" stuff though.

What makes a real Batman movie for you?