Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

I finally got around to seeing Dark Knight Rises. I know there's a lot of fanboy hate for Hardy's bane, but I enjoyed his portrayal of the character and thought it was very well done.

In a lot of ways, feel that this movie has a slight edge over Dark Knight.

JGL and Hathaway were fantastic and ran away with the film.

I managed to stay away from all the spoilers and was able to walk in and let the film completely unfold without any knowledge of what was to come.

The only thing I didn't like is that Alfred and Bruce's relationship dissolves completely. Yes, I know that Bruce takes Selena to Florence as way to say goodbye to Alfred, but he's the only family that Bruce has left. That's the only part of the film that didn't feel right to me.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Finally got to see the movie last night. I thought it was a very good film - it felt complete and there wasn't a part where I felt bored or sick of the storyline. There was plenty of action and backstory and I liked how all the 2 films before it linked in with this one and went full circle. The acting was also very good - Bane's voice took some getting used to and could have been a bit more clearer - but on the whole an awesome and imposing villan.

On a side note, was Selina Kyle ever called or acknowledged as "Catwoman" in the movie? I thought she was OK - still prefer Michelle's version of Catwoman though.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    On a side note, was Selina Kyle ever called or acknowledged as "Catwoman" in the movie? I thought she was OK - still prefer Michelle's version of Catwoman though.
    I only heard her called by Selina in the movie.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    "Catwoman" was never used, though when Bruce is scanning her file in the Batcave, an article pops up referring to her as "The Cat", which was actually the name she first appeared under, way back in her first appearance.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Finally got to see the movie last night. I thought it was a very good film - it felt complete and there wasn't a part where I felt bored or sick of the storyline. There was plenty of action and backstory and I liked how all the 2 films before it linked in with this one and went full circle. The acting was also very good - Bane's voice took some getting used to and could have been a bit more clearer - but on the whole an awesome and imposing villan.

What do you think of Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether and Adrienne Barbeau?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

This is an absolutely extraordinary film. The first two are fantastic, but this one is best of the bunch.

That is all.

i hated batman returns.. too gross! and that catwoman, at least to me, was a freak on wheels..this one was far cooler ;o)...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    i hated batman returns.. too gross! and that catwoman, at least to me, was a freak on wheels..this one was far cooler ;o)...
    I thought Batman Returns was the last good live-action Batman movie before Begins and face it without both Burton movies, we'd would never have the animated show which was influenced by Burton's movies and the comics combined. Afterall Selina Kyle's design on the first 3 seasons were modeled after Michelle and Michelle is gorgeous you know.

The Dark Knight trilogy was a great incarnation of Batman and is portrayed as he is meant to be portrayed.

So far my favorite incarnation of Batman is from the Arkham games.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I agree with Blue about the cons. However, I disliked the film for those reasons and other ones so much I give it a 3/10 (one of the worst movies I saw recently).

If this movie wasn't Batman, how would it have done? I think its name helped it a lot.

P.s. So good long jumpers can get a free ticket out of prison? Three thousand cops all go to the sewer, none get sick or even grow facial hair. Bane's voice ... okay I have to stop.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    The Dark Knight trilogy was a great incarnation of Batman and is portrayed as he is meant to be portrayed.

So far my favorite incarnation of Batman is from the Arkham games.
    And do you think Nolan's version is based on Frank Miller's take?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Just got around to watching the DVD; didn't get anything out of it I missed the first time. Outside of Hathaway as Catwoman, which was a pretty good portrayal, I didn't like it any more than Dark Knight. My problems:

Bane: A classic Bat villain turned into a two bit, somewhat lovesick terrorist actually working for Talia. No vesrion outside the comics, even BTAS, has really done him justice.

Talia: I admit, I didn't see the reveal coming, but it literally came out of nowhere, and only had an impact because I know the comics. A surprise like that only works if you can go back and say, "I should have seen that coming." Nolan has apparently never heard of foreshadowing.

Batman: Nolan has never had a grasp of the character. His Batman is all fists, tech and explosions. THere is none of his deductive abilities,none of his keen mind. He's basically clueless far too mauch of the time. And the idea that he just gave up being Batman for the weak reasons cited really bugged me.

Robin: The weakest "surprise" of all. I actually liked his character more than Batman, but having his name be Robin, another thing just thrown in absently, was more a desperate attempt to throw something from the comics in. The whole movie honestly would have worked better if it had been to set up Batman Beyond and he had actually been Terry McGuiness.

Catwoman: Hathaway did a good job with what she was given, but this part of the story seemed wedged in at random junctures, and wasn't developed well. As with DK, Nolan didn't seem to know quite what he was trying to say with this, or the film as a whole. His message seems to change from scene to scene, and you're left with no real idea what the movie or the characters were all about.

THe story: didn't help that it was "No Man's Land," the ridiculous "Escape from New York" ripoff that caused me to drop the Bat books at the time. A terorrist holding onto the city for a few days, I could see; for weeks or months is ludicrous. And, like DK, the most memorable things in the movie are explosions.

Begins was a good film, not spectacular, but solid. The sequels were a mess, and I'm glad this will be the last Nolan Bat-film. Maybe the next round will be better.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    whoa.. catwoman statue is HOT! nice bottom
    Hey Carlo you dig Catwoman too and you had a crush on her growing up? she is my comic book dreamgirl with Wonder-Woman, Abigale Arcane, Black-Cat, Ivy, Harley and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I saw the Dark Knight Rises with my best friend on July 29th. I think it was the best Batman film ever made. I was skeptical going in, but I LOVED it.

Anne Hathaway surprised me and did an amazing job as Catwoman.
    I LOVED Bane! He was soooo good. I'm usually not a very big fan of Bane, but I thought he was done excellently.

This movie was a major pay off for me. It paid homage (accidental or on purpose) to SO many different Batmans of the past, it was incredible!

60'S BATMAN TV SHOW

- Catwoman's costume (with hints from the newer comic book version of her costume, like goggles and the front zipper).

BATMAN RETURNS:

- Selina and Bruce dancing scene
    - Catwoman causing chaos and teaming up with the big bad
    - Winter at the end

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES

- Arkham Asylum putting the heroes on trial. I LOVED that episode! Joker would probably have been the judge if Heath Ledger was still alive.

About John Blake:

There were a lot more nods to things of the past, but those are all I can think of at the moment. I thought everything was incredibly well done!

ONE thing that was wrong with the script though:
    What about Dark Knight Returns, No Man's Land and Knightfall?