Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

people keep saying Catwoman is in the trailer but I don't see it, the official movie poster is cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I didn't notice this when watching the trailer but looking at this now:

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kez.../blog_dkr8.jpg

Who is that back there behind Batman?
    it's Robin!
    Last edited by Original Man; July 24, 2011 at 08:39am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I see no one threw out there that its Two-Face back there so let me!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

It's Beavis!!!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

First pic of Cat Woman

Interesting.
    Looks like they went with the eyemask look (60's tv show), rather then a full head mask.
    I like it.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm assuming she has stolen the Batcycle/Batpod in that picture. (And not that Bruce let her borrow it.) At least I hope that's the case.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Various movie news sites have more photos from this scene (edit: that's apparently Hathaway's stunt double), but they're all pretty much like the two above. Looks like official WB pic just beat the leaks (which might be why it was released). =)
    Last edited by Jon; August 5, 2011 at 04:04pm.

Why everything in movies today should look so real?
    Costumes inconspicuous, dark and sober. I want something a little more ridiculous ,please.
    it's time for a wolverine in yellow spandex and things like that.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Why everything in movies today should look so real?
    Costumes inconspicuous, dark and sober. I want something a little more ridiculous ,please.
    it's time for a wolverine in yellow spandex and things like that.
    Just wait for the pendulum to swing the other way.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Just wait for the pendulum to swing the other way.
    Can't happen soon enough imo. If I wasn't already familiar with the characters, I couldn't even guess that some of these recent "realistic" movies were even about a superhero.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

It's hard to identify her as Catwoman, looks more like something from the G. I. Joe film.

What we've seen so far from Catwoman and Bane doesn't compare to the awesome designs of Joker and Two-Face, this looks like a very inferior film regarding the villains. Sure, it's hard to top Ledger's characterization, but at least they could have tried to have something that looked as cool as Joker did.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Can't happen soon enough imo. If I wasn't already familiar with the characters, I couldn't even guess that some of these recent "realistic" movies were even about a superhero.
    I agree - I would never want another Schumacher style film, but Batman could really benefit from another dose of gothic 80s theatricality.

Hopefully Hugh Jackman dons the yellow spandex as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I agree - I would never want another Schumacher style film, but Batman could really benefit from another dose of gothic 80s theatricality.
    Some people think it can only be one extreme or the other but I think they're wrong. Even if you inject a movie with a little more superhero fantasy doesn't mean you're going to automatically end up with nipples on the costumes, Batman bragging about his credit card, or Wolverine in yellow & blue spandex. People who think that are just shortsighted and stupid imo. There is such a thing as a happy medium. I just feel Hollywood has gone too far to the other extreme where a lot of the costumes are what you'd see someone wearing in a mall. Catwoman is a prime example of this(if that is the "costume" she's going to be wearing in the movie).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Some people think it can only be one extreme or the other but I think they're wrong. Even if you inject a movie with a little more superhero fantasy doesn't mean you're going to automatically end up with nipples on the costumes, Batman bragging about his credit card, or Wolverine in yellow & blue spandex. People who think that are just shortsighted and stupid imo. There is such a thing as a happy medium. I just feel Hollywood has gone too far to the other extreme where a lot of the costumes are what you'd see someone wearing in a mall. Catwoman is a prime example of this(if that is the "costume" she's going to be wearing in the movie).
    There is approximately 35 minutes when the pendulum's swing is pretty much balanced.

I agree, and I think much of the problem is people are two black and colorful (instead of white) these days in regards to much of this stuff. You mentioned colorful and people are like OMG BATNIPLLES WILL BE THE END OF THE WORLD.

But then you also have Hollywood who can't seem to figure what actually went wrong. I look at Green Lantern as an example.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I actually thought that was just Selina Kyle before becoming Catwoman, in fact I always had the idea that we will not see Catwoman in this film at all, more like the birth of her, and end the movie the way The Dark Knight ended for Two-Face.

Another shot:

Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

What's amazing, is watching "Captain America" and "Iron Man" cleaning up at the box office while being as dark and gritty as a fireworks show.

It's like there's some kind of inbuilt blind spot in WB execs that prevent them from noticing that there are other superhero films being made.

The above full body shot is a shopped Lara Croft cosplay

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'm quite happy with the designs I've seen so far for this movie. I mean I seriously don't expect Selina Kyle to be referred to as Catwoman at any point in the film. It just wouldn't fit the style of these films.

As for other films being too realistic, I just don't see it. The costumes in Captain America are quite over the top and comic-booky. You can't get much more colorful than the Iron Man armor. Green Lantern was pulled straight from the comics aside from the effects/texturing. First Class had the blue and bright yellow costumes (something I never thought would happen in a live action X-men film). I guess I just don't see this trend everyone is talking about. If anything, this year has shown a trend toward more light hearted colorful comic book films. While that may work great for a character like Captain America, in my opinion it doesn't suit Batman in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    What's amazing, is watching "Captain America" and "Iron Man" cleaning up at the box office while being as dark and gritty as a fireworks show.
    I like a few of the Iron Man designs but I do feel the colors are too saturated for film. The design in Captain America on the other hand was just over the top. I kind of hoped they'd just directly translate the designs from the first two volumes of the Ultimates, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on this. As far as the quality of the movies I thought Iron Man was really great and Cap was just mediocre.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

It's like there's some kind of inbuilt blind spot in WB execs that prevent them from noticing that there are other superhero films being made.
    Green Lantern wasn't gritty but I seem to be in the minority for having had a good time watching it. I actually thought Cap was kinda dark. Not Nolan dark, but it wasn't fun like Iron Man nor was Cap himself a happy person in it(in the comics he usually isn't shown to be depressing until he is revived in the "present day" & finds out about Bucky). Where it stands now, the first Iron Man and the first 2 Superman movies are Marvel & DC's 2 highpoints respectively when it comes to movies imo. I enjoyed Nolan's movies for what they were but I'm not sad to see him go. With him still involved in Superman as well as the fact that Snyder is at the helm, I expect it to be bleak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    I actually thought that was just Selina Kyle before becoming Catwoman, in fact I always had the idea that we will not see Catwoman in this film at all, more like the birth of her, and end the movie the way The Dark Knight ended for Two-Face.
    Maybe Nolan changed his mind or she was just confused, but Hathaway was quoted as saying that Catwoman would appear in the movie.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 6, 2011 at 09:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Green Lantern wasn't gritty but I seem to be in the minority for having had a good time watching it. I actually thought Cap was kinda dark. Not Nolan dark, but it wasn't fun like Iron Man nor was Cap himself a happy person in it(in the comics he usually isn't shown to be depressing until he is revived in the "present day" & finds out about Bucky). Where it stands now, the first Iron Man and the first 2 Superman movies are Marvel & DC's 2 highpoints respectively when it comes to movies imo. I enjoyed Nolan's movies for what they were but I'm not sad to see him go. With him still involved in Superman as well as the fact that Snyder is at the helm, I expect it to be bleak as well.

Maybe Nolan changed his mind or she was just confused, but Hathaway was quoted as saying that Catwoman would appear in the movie.
    brubaker retconned ww2 cap to be as gritty as modern cap. imagine the original comics as the way the US presented cap and bucky to the americans back home. movie cap was pretty close to current comic book cap.

Evidence of cat mask

Oh well, at least Bane looks badass. I still think this is “pre” Catwoman, before she dons the cowl. I think that’s coming later in the film, myself.

And talking about realism and so forth, it’s been confirmed that after this film WB will probably do a semi-reboot. Even though I love what Nolan has done, that’s actually a reboot I’d welcome with open arms. I would really like to see a “lighter” take on Batman. No, I’m not talking about Batman and Robin, but I am thinking a series of Batman films that have more in common with the Spider-Man films than the Nolan films. I would really like to see them using the more outlandish villains, like Clayface and Man-Bat. Hell, I'm still waiting for someone to do a proper Penguin.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    brubaker retconned ww2 cap to be as gritty as modern cap. imagine the original comics as the way the US presented cap and bucky to the americans back home. movie cap was pretty close to current comic book cap.
    I read some of Brubaker's Cap, but I didn't even consider it a retcon. These days practically every Marvel character is grittier than they used to be whether through a retcon or by just ignoring past continuity. I didn't think Cap was any different. I was still hoping we'd get classic Cap in the movie and not the one from JoeyQ's NuMarvel where you're not a true hero unless you're unlikable & have no problem killing villains.

JOIN THE GROUP...