Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I have to say, this trailer is very very underwhelming. Compared to trailers for g I joe and avengers this one just didn't make me NEED to see the new batman movie now.
    I totally agree. And I am bummed. The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I was eagerly waiting this third film. But now, I am just: "That's it?" What a ****-poor trailer. I hope it doesn't reflect a ****-poor movie. Nolan has been hitting it out of the park with Batman Begins, Inceptions, and The Dark Knight, but I guess not everyone is perfect.

Hey, the Packers lost to the Cheifs, so, even the greats will have a stinker once is awhile. It still sucks, though.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    What the heck is Bane saying in that trailer? "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die"?
    After listening to that line about 20 times I think that is what he is saying.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

when the kid gets done singing, there's a guy making a comment about the mayor, but for the life of me i can't understand what he's saying. the closest i can come up with is "the mayor took a dump in the spring", but i don't know what that has to do with the following comment about being a war hero. can anyone help me out?

i think the bane line is much easier to make out than this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    when the kid gets done singing, there's a guy making a comment about the mayor, but for the life of me i can't understand what he's saying. the closest i can come up with is "the mayor took a dump in the spring", but i don't know what that has to do with the following comment about being a war hero. can anyone help me out?

i think the bane line is much easier to make out than this guy.
    The mayor's gonna dump him in the spring. The "him" is referring to Gordon.

I think the larger point is, why the hell is the dialogue in these movies so hard to understand? Batman growls and screams even when he is talking to Gordon. Bane is almost impossible to decipher and I agree the comment about the Mayor dumping Gordon isn't easy to make out.

It's fine when you're at home and can watch the trailer numerous times but imagine if you saw this for the first time in the theater. You wouldn't be able to follow it. Bane's line is pretty dramatic. It'd be nice if you could clearly understand it to feel it's full impact and the danger Bruce Wayne is in.

Dan
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red51931 View Post
    I think the larger point is, why the hell is the dialogue in these movies so hard to understand?
    Because Chris Nolan is too worried about being edgy and getting breathtaking visuals to worry about things like dialogue and making a happy medium to his films.

After reading some of the spoilers reguarding deaths in this film I wish Nolan would take his IMAX camera and go away. Not to sound like a brat or anything but I know he's going for that realistic Batman, and I apperciate the hell out of it, but does the series really need to end of a down note?
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I remember when it looked like Gordon had died in TDK and I was MAD, convince the series had just blown itself apart for no good reason, and the reveal that it was a trick--which took just long enough for me to think it wouldn't be a trick--was excellent. I would hope they remember that for this and don't **** off all the fans by killing off the major characters. I feel like Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, and James Gordon especially may all get killed in this one, and I know I'll hate the movie if they do. I know, that's probably asking too much, but no one was dumb enough to actually kill M, Q, or Money Penny on screen in the Bond movies, and they were smart not to. I don't think WB/DC would let even Nolan kill off Batman, but right now I think just the fear that he might is potent for hype (and will make people love it all the more when/if those deaths are fake outs like Gordon's was).

Quote Originally Posted by LesPaulPS2 View Post
    The mayor's gonna dump him in the spring. The "him" is referring to Gordon.
    oh, okay. that makes sense. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    After listening to that line about 20 times I think that is what he is saying.
    See, Nolan's a genius, he'll get fans to watch the movie 20 times just to understand the dialogue!

Batman is supposed to be Nolan's take. Batman is a dark vigilante, not Adam West. Nolan got it right. The first 2 Burton movies were good, but flawed. Returns was the better one, anyway.

The trailer looks great, but lower your expectations. No movie in the world can ever top "The Dark Knight", even its sequel.

Just enjoy this sequel as the final chapter in an epic saga featuring the greatest movie ever conceived in the middle. Rises will be great anyway.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Title of trilogy's final film: I like it.

Catwoman - Possible she's ally for Batman too. I always seen more grey than darkness on her.
    Bane - Hopefully he's far more intelligent than B&R and truely is main villain and mastermind of film.
    Talia - Most likely might follow his father's plan for Gotham with Bane but might doub his father plans during film.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw the preview for it on IMAX when i saw the new Mission Impossible movie and it rocked, Bane looks badass so far and Ann Hathaway's Catwoman looks cute as hell and this looks like it might live up to other great third movies in series like Last Crusade, Return of the Jedi, Return of the King, Toy Story 3, Nightmare on Elm Street 3, or whatever.

Who else has been a fan of Batman since 89? i have been since i was 8 when i saw Burton's movie 6 times in theaters. I had the merchandise such as t-shirts, cards, action figures, watch, mug, movie magazine, lunchbox, backpack, poster, Taco Bell cups, and that sort of thing. Ate the cereal (Remember Batman cereal?), been Joker for Halloween, had the NES game with VHS film for Christmas, read the comics and even watched the wickedly funny 60s show on TV as i was converted to a Batman fan and 1989's movie probably did the same to every 80s child. I saw Batman Returns 5 times in theaters when i was 11, had merchandise too including SNES game and VHS film for christmas, ate the Batman Returns cereal and watched TAS religiously on Fox. I went to see Batman Mask of the Phantasm when i was 12 after christmas day in theaters 2 times and it became my fave animated movie since but when Batman Forever came, it kind of was the beginning of the end despite it wasn't too bad but kind of goofy then when i saw Batman and Robin at 16 in theaters i felt cheated as they killed it. I'm glad Nolan came and saved Batman's cinematic reputation on film with his brilliant films.

Can't wait to see how this ends with a bang.

Any thoughts on Ann Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina folks? will she live up to other actresses who played both characters like Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, Michelle Pfefifer and Andrienne Barbeau?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Any thoughts on Ann Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina folks? will she live up to other actresses who played both characters like Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, Michelle Pfefifer and Andrienne Barbeau?
    To tell the truth, I did not like any of the previous takes on Catwoman. They were all way too over the top and cheesey. With all the meowing and cat cliches, it was just silly. I prefer the comics version the best (pre-new 52). It is ironic, but the comics version is more realistic than the movies versions.

The casting of Anne Hathaway has me concerned. I was not concerned with Ledger as Joker before I saw that, and I am cool with Hardy as Bane, but Hathaway just is not cool enough to be Catwoman. Sure, Hathaway is beautiful and sexy, but she just has that goofy-ness too her that I can't get over. I am still hopful that her acting will make me believe that she is a big time thief, even if she doesn't look like it.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    honestly its short and doesn't tell a whole lost of the story, but i can truely say that the trailer did not impress me.

there was very little aside form the football field to jump out, banes voice is terrible but thats to be expected with that mask but it just sounds garbled and over done. i only knew what he said because i seen a gif with subtitles

i do think hathaway will pull of selina but i don't get the motivation from the speech it really doesn't seem like catwoman at all but we've havent heard enough to make a full statement(insert usual fan argument about heaths joker)

from what i've seen so far out fo the 2 big summer hero flicks i'm looking more forward to the avengers and i'm really more DC than marvel
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

My only worry with Bane is if a lot of people are having a problem understanding him when heís just partaking in a normal conversion, how the hell are things going to be when heís shouting or barking orders in an action sequence?

In the trailer I know what Bane says now, but thatís only because Iíve read it here and in other places. Iíve seen the trailer about eight times now and I still canít understand him. I think this could turn into a serious problem once the film is released, unless they tweak the sound between now and then. Hereís hoping they do.

Apparently Nolan is being very defiant at the moment, but Iíve read that WB is asking for him to change it. Iím glad theyíre doing that. I think this is one of those rare occasions where you actually want the studio to intervene.

It's been Sweded!

I liked the Avenger one better, but in this Bane's voice is oddly better.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It's been Sweded!

I liked the Avenger one better, but in this Bane's voice is oddly better.
    That was some epic quality special effects.

So I went on YouTube and watched the prologue. Not a fan. I can't understand what Bane says at all. I even watched it with subtitles and even the guy doing subtitles wasn't sure. I did some quick googling and it looks like I'm not the only one. Nolan has had a lot of negative feedback about not being able to understand him, and he refuses to change it.

*edit

New trailer released

Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I hope Nolan managed tie all loose strings and end this trilogy well. WB can start new series of Batman way they want without it messes Nolan's Batman series things.

Heroic Warrior
    Anne Hathaway is a cutie and all but i still think Natalie Portman should have been Catwoman.

I thought Julie Newmar and Andrienne Barbeau on TAS were the best catwomen.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I like the cat woman from the 60s. I thought she played sexy well, given the camp of the show. I think the new catwoman is a lame choice. When I think of her I dont think sexy. She doesnt have the bod in my opinion.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Has anyone seen these DC Direct statues?

There's a fine glance at Bane's muscles and Catwoman's... asset?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Here are more toys from Mattel... they look awful.

I do hope we get to see Movie Masters line by NY Toy Fair, and I do hope those are sold on Matty.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Bane looks too small to be Bane
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

It's a movie tie in retail line, so I don't find it surprising.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Bane looks too small to be Bane
    He looks like he should be working for Zartan...