Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

actually what I meant was if that statue is a life like one of Bane from the movie then the guy who is playing Bane is far too small to be Bane because I am pretty sure that movie Bane is not going to be super steroid up on Venom and that the mask he is wearing is supposed to administer some anesthetic to numb some pain he is apparently in for whatever reason and... you know what Nolan has just totally missed with this character as far as I can see. Sure take away the Venom thing if you want to go realistic but Bane should still be a big guy who perhaps is a steroid abuser to try and have some tie to the comic character

as I said Bane looks too small to be Bane
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I'm not quite sure if this is a publicity stunt or what, but it's glorious

Please do the following, on Google Maps, add these coordinates 26.357865, 127.783782; then zoom in, go to satellite and you shall find something amazing.
    Production has taken place in several countries, so this may be one of those or just very cool place
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    He looks like he should be working for Zartan...
    OMG, this!! Catwoman even kinda has a Baroness vibe!

whoa.. catwoman statue is HOT! nice bottom
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Man. At least Batman Begins still felt kinda like a Batman movie. The Dark Knight was lucky that its characters were somewhat recognizable so that it could pass for a Batman movie. But I have no idea what this new movie is supposed to be.

BBBTS has listed upcoming TDKR oOvie Masters figures and besides the already shown figures of Batman, Bane & Catwoman, these are also included:

• Alfred
    • Blake (Joseph Gordon Lewitt's character from whom we know nada)
    • Mystery Character (?¿)

I do hope that the script or whatever does not get spoiled and the secret can be kept till I watch it at the cinema. Although, I still think that Bruce may die at the end of the movie.
    July seems so far away.....
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    BBBTS has listed upcoming TDKR oOvie Masters figures and besides the already shown figures of Batman, Bane & Catwoman, these are also included:

• Alfred
    • Blake (Joseph Gordon Lewitt's character from whom we know nada)
    • Mystery Character (?¿)

I do hope that the script or whatever does not get spoiled and the secret can be kept till I watch it at the cinema. Although, I still think that Bruce may die at the end of the movie.
    July seems so far away.....
    OMG, I don't know if it's cooler that an Alfred Pennyworth figure is coming out (okay, there have been others), or that it's a Michael Caine figure! And a JGL toy? Sweet! I still think he's the Joker, heh, well, not really, but since this is all going to be rebooted in the next movie, I guess I don't care who he's playing. I'd have guess the unknown figure is

Talia
    , but Scott just reiterated that female figure do not sell at retail, and they've already got Catwoman in the line, so probably young R'as Al-Gul or something anti-climactic.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think the mystery fig is likely Ra's for two reasons - 1, it would make sense based on rumors about the plot of the movie, combined with the fact that we know Ra's appears in flashback in the film (played by Josh Spence), and Neeson confirmed he's appearing in some capacity, and 2, the leaked list of Batman Legacy figures, which turned out mostly to be true, also had mention of a Movie Masters Ra's...which could easily translate into Mattel scrapping that figure in favor of saving for DKRises.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

There are some pics of Alfred and Blake in Mattycollector now.

I also think it may be a Liam Nesson Ra's; mainly because this line seems to have the copyrights to do a mold of actors' faces in their figures (Oldman, Bale, Ledger, now JGL & Caine), something not common from some stories that say it's an unlikely deal in producing toys.

My feedback thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    We better get a Talia figure in this line!!!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    We better get a Talia figure in this line!!!!!
    I wouldn't hold my breath - look how long it's taken to get Ra's. (And that's not even confirmed.) And that's not counting that Talia hasn't been confirmed to be in the movie...though the Cotillard casting certainly seems to imply it.

HD figures on youtube
    There are some pics of Alfred and Blake in Mattycollector now.
    Can someone link me? I can't find them..

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yeah, I cannot find any links for pictures either. The link posted just goes to Matty's news page and there is no mentioning of anything DKR on there.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Finally a Blake figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I like the cat woman from the 60s. I thought she played sexy well, given the camp of the show. I think the new catwoman is a lame choice. When I think of her I dont think sexy. She doesnt have the bod in my opinion.
    Damn right, Catwoman has been my comic book crush for 23 years since i was 8 reading the comics of her and Batman plus watching reruns of the 60's show. Then when i saw Batman Returns 4 times in theaters and watched TAS religiously i thought she was hot as a blonde but brunette still rules.

Anne is more suited for Lois than Catwoman but maybe she will suprise us just like how Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, Michelle Pfefier and Andrienne Barbeau (TAS) did the character nicely.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Wow, that trailer changes many things about my perception of what this movie is about.

It looks like some people have been right. Bane breaks Batman beginning of the film. And this is the story of his redemption to himself and Gotham.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I honestly had zero faith in the film after seeing the 5 minute preview. I actually left feeling sick that I wasted 5 minutes lol, WB people were asking people what they thought and everyone was like UHHHH YEAH OK. This however looks promising, glad they fixed Bane's voice.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Rats - no speakers at work! Have to wait to tonight to see this. Interesting to hear that the 'breaking of the bat' is earlier in the film, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm not quite sure if this is a publicity stunt or what, but it's glorious

Please do the following, on Google Maps, add these coordinates 26.357865, 127.783782; then zoom in, go to satellite and you shall find something amazing.
    Production has taken place in several countries, so this may be one of those or just very cool place
    I g et taken to a 38 day drive to Japan... what am I missing?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    The new trailer still doesn't do much to get me excited for this film. I don't know why. I'm sure I'll like it fine. But while Avengers gets me pumped, everything revolving around this new Batman film has me totally feeling "meh."

Like I said, I'm sure I'll end up liking it. But man...Avengers is going to pwn.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The new trailer still doesn't do much to get me excited for this film.
    I always suspected you were a robot, this confirms it.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Last trailer looks epic, although it has a very dark mood, almost depressing, especially if everything hints Bruce dying at the end.
    Still, movie looks like a combination of Legacy, No Man's Land and a sort of reversed Vengeance of Bane storylines; in which Bruce must have to regain his training and skills.
    Hope he does not get hemiplegic.

Still, no real indication what JGL role is and no sign of Marion Cotillard, so there are some surprises there as well.

My feedback thread

I think there's still a lot more we don't know, which is cool. Who is Selina/Catwoman and what is she? Thief? Vigilante that took over while Batman left?

I'm surprised how much prominence JGL has in that new trailer actually. Good on him if he's becoming a selling point, but I'm baffled about his role since he seems to be acting like a young Jim Gordon. Maybe he's the new everyman on the street? I don't recognize the character, and the last prominent original character--Rachel--had a not so nice fate.

I agree there's a depressing feel to the trailer, but I felt that was there in the last trailer too with that haunting rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. I feel like all the characters are very mortal. Even Bruce looks ill. I hope this isn't a bloodbath of beloved characters.

Now that I can understand Bane, he sounds like a Darth Vader-ized Ian McKellen.