Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talkback Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    My favorite tv spots so far
    looks tough, forgot Selina Kyle was even in this

AWESOME!!! hurry up july 20
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    AWESOME!!! hurry up july 20
    You and me both. I guess nobody else??
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Heroic Warrior
    Me too! According to UK filmmaker Mark Kermode, who knows Nolan personally, Chris Nolan has apparently based the look of the film on a great deal of Kubrick's eighties work (Roughly speaking, Bane is mad Jack Torrance with a mask on in the middle of a Gotham he's turned into the Saigon from 'Full Metal Jacket') Nolan did this before - brilliantly using Ridley Scott's work to inspire 'Begins', using Michael Mann's ouevre for 'The Dark Knight' and now Kubrick to inspire 'TDKR'

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    You and me both. I guess nobody else??
    Agent's Smith: me too.

However, movie here shall be premiere one week later
    Already buying IMAX tickets though.

Is someone else sad that he may die in this film? Gosh, I'm such a geek
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Is someone else sad that he may die in this film? Gosh, I'm such a geek
    No. Not only is Batman going to be rebooted in film, he's also alive & well in the comics. I loved Batman Begins & liked TDK, but they were never the definitive Batman for me.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    No. Not only is Batman going to be rebooted in film, he's also alive & well in the comics. I loved Batman Begins & liked TDK, but they were never the definitive Batman for me.
    Yeah, there is a certain "lame duck" quality to this knowing it's all going to be rebooted in the next movie. I liked TDK more than Batman Begins, so I hope this at least is good for it's own stand alone virtues. I at least look forward to possibly having a better Batman musical theme when the reboot happens (though still fearing something worse).

Maybe first Batman/Bruce Wayne has that beard when Bane arrives and start cause chaos at Gotham. Batman returns but get seriously hurted by Bane. Get healed again and get new gear from Fox. Join us with Catwoman, who changed her side and this time beat Bane.

whats that you say?? This third Batman movie is to be Titled: The Dark Knight Fails?

...I believe it.

HD figures on youtube
    For some reason I have no interest in this movie..

I still think Bane looks too small. I have nothing against the actor, I am sure he is a great actor (tho his name doesn't sound familiar to me) but Bane should be HUGE. Yes I know he starts small and bulks up due to Venom but I get the feeling that that is not gonna be happening in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Nolan did this before - brilliantly using... Kubrick to inspire 'TDKR'
    Oh god if anything is certain to turn me off this movie it is this.

I HATE every single one of Kubrick's movies, and before ppl start saying "what about...?"

I HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF KUBRICK'S MOVIES

so no desire to see a movie inspired by them
    Last edited by wolfsfang; June 23, 2012 at 05:08pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I still think Bane looks too small. I have nothing against the actor, I am sure he is a great actor (tho his name doesn't sound familiar to me) but Bane should be HUGE. Yes I know he starts small and bulks up due to Venom but I get the feeling that that is not gonna be happening in the movie

Oh god if anything is certain to turn me off this movie it is this.

I HATE every single one of Kubrick's movies, and before ppl start saying "what about...?"

I HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF KUBRICK'S MOVIES

so no desire to see a movie inspired by them
    I admit I've only seen some of his movies, but for the life of me I cannot see how movies like Dr. Strangelove, Full Metal Jacket, or The Shining would (or should) inspire a Batman movie, even a Nolan one. Then again I don't feel the Ridley Scott influence as much on Begins as I feel the Mann influence on TDK, so maybe it's all talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I wouldn't like to see Batman dying on the screen or in any way... nor being replaced or crippled. The perfect continuation for me as his legacy has been seen in Batman Beyond and its epilogue episode in Justice League
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, there is a certain "lame duck" quality to this knowing it's all going to be rebooted in the next movie. I liked TDK more than Batman Begins, so I hope this at least is good for it's own stand alone virtues. I at least look forward to possibly having a better Batman musical theme when the reboot happens (though still fearing something worse).
    my one problem with the movie.... maybe when he finally becomes the 'real' batman, we'll hear the michael keaton theme as the last shot in the movie..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I can see a cinematic connection to Kubrick - it jumps out at me mostly in the shot in the trailer of the bridges exploding. I can see traces, anyway. I've seen most of Kubrick's movies - haven't always enjoyed them, but he was definitely interesting.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Here's an interesting look at Batman's impact on today's super hero landscape.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    So the local theater has this booth set up to "send your message to Gotham". You pick Batman, Bane or Catwoman, record an 8 second clip, then you can email it to yourself or send it to their public site.

I chose Bane (it puts the mask on you) and I started saying a lot of jumbled noise to poke fun of not being able to understand him. However, the microphone was crappy and it turned out even better IMO. LOL enjoy:

Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar

The Dark Knight Rises Rections and Reviews thread

If this thread already exists, go ahead and merge it. Otherwise, mark your spoilers and let loose with the reviews!

Just got home and I've had a good hour to marinate on what I saw...

It was definitely a great film that I would consider the greatest third act of any trilogy! Now, with that said, it's a better film story than TDK, but its characters are a mess. The actors all played them fine and well, but the way they were written just didn't click. While Anne Hathaway is most definitely the fans biggest worry, she does a good job with her role. But sadly, this role isn't the Catwoman that we all know and love from any other media (be it comics, games, other movies, etc) and she just kinda goes with the flow of everyone else, not really standing out as anything special. Bane was pretty good, but his voice was such ****. I would have rathered he stayed unrecognizable and cool sounding than having this odd Battlestar Galactica Cylon voice remix, but maybe Nolan was making a point of having him sound annoying for being forced to change it by the studios in the first place. All the other usuals were fine and it was kinda nice to see the new faces mix in with them as well as they did.

The story here makes sense to the trilogy, holds a lot of ground with what has come before, and does a great job of tying back to the events of Begins. Sadly though, TDK is taken to the backseat with this storyline as only one or two ideas are brought into this third flik without the actual events ever being addressed.To give spoilers about what isn't in TDKR:

There are no mentions of The Joker in this film, yet Harvey Dent and his facade of being "Gotham's Hero" is played up a to support the climax at the end of this film. It's not terrible, but it is jarring to see that the events of Begins has such a huge role in this flik while Gotham's biggest known threat to it's citizens has no mentions of his name here. I didn't need to see pictures or deleted footage used, but a notion about how The Joker was the first to really reign down terror on the city would have been nice.

Otherwise, the cameo's and easter eggs were nice to see. And while it's not a spoiler, I wanna see if anyone else noticed the Adam Hughes reference to Catwoman in this flik (it pops up for a brief second or two, so keep your eye out)

The ending is satisfying, but my friend ruined it for me when he started to whisper something to me at a critical moment and I missed one line of popular dialogue! >=( For anyone that saw and heard it, tell me!!!

When JGL told the receptionist that he had a real name that he didn't like and he handed her an i.d. card with that real name on it, she said she liked the sound of it and repeated it out loud. I think she said it was just "Robin," but I didn't hear it!!

Anywho, I give it a solid 4.5/5 stars as far as trilogy cappers go. The flik itself relies a lot on seeing the first two films of the series (like all trilogies do), and it really ties everything together nicely. But in respect of the film on its very own, it gets a very decent 4/5 stars from me.

For those who saw it and want definitive spoilers, here's my likes/dislikes:

-I love that Talia is in this flik!
    -I hate how she died and how little invested she was with Bruce Wayne as a lover and future father to the next leader of the League of Shadows

-Great to see Ra's come back!
    -Too bad there's no mention of a lazarus pit or something that could tie people together through its existence

-Awesome fight scenes with Bane and Bat's, though that spine breaker was a let down. It looked a little to wire-harnessed.
    -It totally sucks how Bane died, but over time and rewatching I may get used to and eventually appreciate it.

-Bruce died, and I definitely have the opinion that Alfred imagined seeing him and Selena in Italy (or wherever) at the end. And then to have Alfrew hallucinating about Bruce at the end makes the character all the more sad at the end. I liked Michael Cain in this flik, but him leaving early as a character just meant there wasn't enough of Cain on screen for me.

-Catwoman was a waste. A hot chick in leather is one thing, but to take away her identity as a sexual flirt, and to play these odd moral games with her really spoiled the whole point of her being a thief and enjoying it.

-If JGL's name at the end was Robin, what an odd way of crowbarring in the name. It would have been more natural for him to have been **** Grayson and for Bruce to have left him with the start of a legacy under the name of Nightwing or Robin. Once JGL got into the Batcave, there should have been an onscreen message with a term like "Nightwing project initiated" or something that woulda given the fanboys a better feeling of Bruce leaving the legacy of Batman to someone new.

-Lastly, I only saw one continuity flaw in this flik. When Bane and his men take over the stock exchange they escape on their motorcycles after being told that they have eight minutes until the transfer is done on the computer. They leave in broad daylight, go underground, have Batman show up and cut all the power with some device that makes the screen dark, but then all of the sudden it's night time outside in the next scene when they all go above ground, and Batman get's the laptop that's doing the transfer right when the supposed eight minutes had just gone by... Ummm???
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; July 20, 2012 at 10:19pm.

This is just shocking

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-16187436.html

the fact that a lot of them were children, including a baby... damn
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I attended the Triolgy event. During this, I realized how I had forgotten how good Batman Begins is. I think that is my favorite of the three movies. I enjoy Dark Knight, but not as much as the rest of the world, apparently.

However, I was not too thrilled with Dark Knight Rises.

I'm sure I'll get lots of hate, because I see how passionate folks are about the Nolan films. But I can't help it. This movie didn't do anything to excite me.

I felt like Bane was just some guy. I didn't feel like he did anything that stood out. The lack of the venom toxin sucked, but I had a feeling going in that whole element would be missing anyway. And man, his voice is just ridiculous. I've always had a hard time taking Bale's Batman voice seriously, but Bane's is even worse.

I felt like it was about an hour too long, as the middle drug and I was fighting off sleep. I easily predicted all of the "twists," but that doesn't mean everyone will and I'm sure some folks will still find them to be enjoyable. But there were some scenes that really made me roll my eyes because of how silly they felt...

For example, the whole ending of the movie felt like nothing but fan service. I felt like Nolan was trying to make me forget that I didn't enjoy the rest of the film by adding all of these little "goodies" at the end. But when Blake told that receptionist to use his 'legal' name, and she said "Robin," I laughed. I think we all knew he was going to turn out to be Robin, but why is that his legal name? Was Nolan afraid no one would recognize the name **** Grayson? Or did Nolan just think his real name was Robin?

Anyway, I don't really want to sit here and bash the movie, so I'm sorry if I come off that way. I hope everyone that is excited for this movie enjoys it! I really do! It just personally didn't do it for me.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    This is just shocking
    Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers with the families.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I felt like it was about an hour too long, as the middle drug and I was fighting off sleep.
    Not to defend a movie I haven't seen, but this is why I don't do the midnight showings anymore. ALL movies seem to drag when I want to go to bed. Maybe I'm just old.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post

Not to defend a movie I haven't seen, but this is why I don't do the midnight showings anymore. ALL movies seem to drag when I want to go to bed. Maybe I'm just old.
    we are old scotty, but also a bit wiser...... well... some of us...

Great movie, although not the movie I was expecting or hoping for. In a way, it's the anti-Avengers. It has very little to no superhero elements and extremely bleak at times. The movie is grounded 99% in reality, give or take how realistic you think Batman's technology is in the real world. And it has the least amount of screen time for Batman. The main character is the plot and the plot is huge and complicated as you'd expect from Nolan. It really is an end to the Batman story as Nolan has been hinting. This was his story of Batman and it will always stay that way, no matter what the next Batman reboot feels like.

The story takes place 8 years after The events of The Dark Knight. Gordon and the cops have won their war on crime due to exploiting Harvey Dent's death and enforcing stronger laws on the people of Gotham. Batman was no longer needed, but Bruce Wayne left with him. Peace time ends with Bane, a domestic terrorist who takes Gotham hostage, and starts a war between the poor and the rich.

That's about as much I want to give away. I watched the movie with a clean slate as possible. White it doesn't have the superhero feel of The Avengers, my eyes and heart beat were glued to the screen and events of the movie. It's great story telling.

Hardy as Bane is a great villain. He was extremely physically imposing and unrecognizable as Hardy, although I don't know why they chose that voice for him. It's really distracting, even the accent. It could have been the same sounding voice, but an American accent would have added a bit more.

Anne Hatheaway was the breakout star for me in this. I loved every bit of her and bought whatever she was selling. Wish I got more of her, along with Batman. It's the best female Nolan has used in the trilogy by a mile. Great casting choice. She's never called Catwoman or uses any cat motif, but she made Catwoman her own, in what is said to be a realistic superhero universe.

Joseph Gordon Levitt another break out star in this bats universe as a rookie cop trying to do anything he can. Nolan probably delivers the best with this character, making you care about a someone entirely made up for this one story and hitting a home run.

The weak link for me was Marion Cottilard. I don't know who to blame, Nolan or her, but there's one scene in particular where her acting takes me out of the movie.

I didn't really agree with the events of the final ending, but it is Nolan's story to end, but I did love the last scene and that thought sent me home happy.

Great trilogy. Nolan thought outside the box, maybe a little too much at times, but he brought Batman back from the Schumacker days into a huge money maker and movie star. Not sure how to rank them.

Batman Begins - best of Batman. This is the most Batman we get.

The Dark Knight - untouchable performance by Ledger and best Joker ever. Incredible screen presence. Plus Two Face and Harvey Dent we're great.

The Dark Knight Rises - great story, possibly my leas favorite of three great films, but still awesome.

SPOILER thoughts

Loved Bruce and Selina retiring together.

Not sure I liked the handling of "Robin" and how he is to become the next Batman type figure, but it works I suppose.

Was that a Killer Croc reference with the giant alligator in the sewer?

Talia's last line and death were horribly delivered.

Loved Liam Neeson coming back on screen.

Didn't like the idea of Batman/Bruce completely giving up like that, but it's Nolan's Batman.

Bane literally fizzled out towards the end. I know this is a realistic movie, but their fights were a little too real. Although Bane's weakness was almost entirely the same as in the comics and cartoon. Dismantle his drug supply and you got him. Nice that Bane did do his iconic move.
    Last edited by SCB; July 20, 2012 at 05:11pm.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    We just got home from The Dark Knight Rises and I have some mixed feelings on it. it was very good, but also a little bit of a let down. Even though I went in knowing it would most likely not be as good as TDK, I still could not help but be slightly disappointed. The movie is great nonetheless, the action scenes were good, the music was great, some of the one liners were hilarious, but the entire structure of the movie tried to be bigger than TDK, which is where it failed a bit. Tom Hardy does an incredible Bane though, and some of the twists are unexpected, while others were obvious, but overall, it was a good movie. I would not say it is better than The Avengers, but it is on the same level as Prometheus. Oh, and there is nothing after or during the credits, so no need to stay if you do not want to.

Oh, and it showed that not all super hero movies need to have utter crap third movies.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I thought Batman's voice was much more natural in this most of the time. Most of the No Man Land scenes with Blake gave me flashbacks of Heat.

Anyone get the Man of Steel trailer? Did not expect to see that at all. Nice surprise.